Open 326: Pick Your Poison (Ende des Speils!)

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:08 am

Post by Amrun »

I don't have to agree with everything MrTrow posted to think it was a towny cathcup post. Town don't always agree.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:10 am

Post by saulres »

So what else in his post did you disagree on?
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:12 am

Post by Amrun »

Well, obviously, he called lane null-town and I disagree. Probably some other stuff, too, too busy to go look. But in general I think they are genuine observations and I feel better about his slot now.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:18 am

Post by lane0168 »

Who else is scum amrun?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:25 am

Post by Xalxe »

Dear players,

It has been brought to my attention that today is Hoppster's birthday. Frohes Geburtstag, Hoppster!

That is all; carry on.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:12 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 678, lane0168 wrote:Who else is scum amrun?

Why don't you tell me?

I've discussed at least one likely candidate before.

This is therefore just mudslinging, as most of your other posts. You are not truly interested in my alignment, because you know it. You are just seeking to make me look bad and get a mislynch.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:29 am

Post by saulres »

In post 329, Maruchan wrote:
Hoppster wrote:Maruchan is actively avoiding this thread. He has posted in SEVERAL other games SEVERAL times.

I make it 91 posts.

I've been waiting to see how long till someone said something. Good Job.

Hoppster: Madd townie points.

49 this time. Do I get madd townie points now?
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:32 am

Post by Hoppster »

THANKS MOD/SAULRES.

So, yeah, I'm totally partying/doing whatever cool people do on their birthday.

Back to the game: the posts on the last page are ridiculously intimidating in length*.

So I've Page Dn'd them and
pretended to
read them, and mothrax remains scum (and my case remains strong). I'm puzzled as to why I'm the only one on the wagon.

Mr Trow's list of reads look is a good approximation to what I've got in my head somewhere. The only difference being that my reads are more scaled back in general (Amrun leaning-town rather than town, Maruchan null-kinda-scum rather than scum) leaving me with a rather depressing number of people stuck in the 'no clear read' zone.

I actually did read Supreme Overlord's case on lane and I'm glad I did. It's actually got some points that I hadn't thought about at all which I'm now finding that I agree with.

... having said that, mothrax is still my number one preference for the lynch today, because his play yesterday just SCREAMS opportunistic scum pushing his counter-wagon. I would like people to look at my case again (in my ISO, too lazy to dig it up right now. Maybe after cake.)

*a serious note here: for the love of all that is holy, if you make a wall post, please post a tl;dr (like this). I read that tl;dr and decided that the post in question was probably worth my time reading. If there's no tl;dr I'm far more likely to just skip it over.

I wouldn't normally consider this a wall, but just to avoid looking like a selfish douche:

tl;dr - vote mothrax, ta.
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:39 am

Post by saulres »

In post 682, Hoppster wrote:I would like people to look at my case again (in my ISO, too lazy to dig it up right now.

That would be the post right above that one, in your ISO. Lazy is right :P

I will read the cases specified on lane and mothrax later in the day. I still think maruchan is scummy or at best not-town-friendly though.
On permanent
V/LA
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:47 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 653, lane0168 wrote:maruchan-
to add to my list, i'm diggin this nice buddying to one of the people who are most suspicious of him.

In post 625, Maruchan wrote:Saulres, this is why you don't make scum-team predictions. ;)

JUS SAYIN!

Also don't ever forget the favorite tool of scum, WIFOM. If any doc claims today with a save, I highly doubt they are being legit. More likely scum claiming to save, so as to A: Make town think they have a doc when they don't, B: Out the real doc, C: Clear one of their own.

You're going to call that buddying?

That was me being a fucking dick and screaming I TOLD YOU SO I TOLD YOU SO I TOLD YO USO in his face, without being an actual ass.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:54 am

Post by saulres »

Thank you for not being an actual ass to me, I guess...

When I get to reviewing, I'm going to keep this post in mind. Thanks for reminding me about it.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:55 am

Post by saulres »

EBWOP: reviewing the case on lane, that is.
On permanent
V/LA
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 658, Supreme Overlord wrote:By the way, on the setup and no-killing; according to the wiki there have been three Pick Your Poison games played; all of which were Doc-RB. There was only one Scum QT available, but it looks like no scum team considered a no kill. I think that the most likely case is Doc-Rb, and with those two roles floating around scum probably want to get every kill they can. (Sorry thunder, but I typed this before you posted.)

Mmm. Research, this is good. Something I never would do and therefor never would have seen. And you are right, if I was scum I would pick RB and DOC, as who the fuck wants a cop? Unless you did RB+Cop hoping to WIFOM the RB into CopBlocking, but that would be too far of a stretch to want it.

So I agree with you now, it is highly unlikely that scum NKed last night, due to the higher chances of non-cop PRs. But I still won't ever rule it out completely until the mod tells us without a doubt scum did NOT No Kill. Just to be safe.
Show
Join Now!

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Amrun »

ISO me while you're at it, saulres. I have lots of things against lane.

I may collect them when I have time.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 661, lane0168 wrote: no it doesnt, cause its not in that sense. if you need to call it a defense, then you forgot the actual reason i defended glowball. which is that she WASNT EVEN SCUM!!! AND I DIDNT THINK THAT SHE WAS SCUM!! does any of this make sense if i am town? ?

Does anyone else see what I see?
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 669, MrTrow wrote:- loves yet prevents RQS as discussion starter based on a joke, which lasted from p2 to p8 (on page 4 it was clear, this wasn`t going to get resolved any time soon)
- wifom-lover (at least as scum) who uses 'doc' as base for setup-discussions -> knows the setup?
- last line of #634: were you afraid of a total moron(yeah right, it requires more intelligence to write the unvote post than to realise this is a bad idea) going for a no-lynch or glowball`s somewhat clumsy buddy(which would be a second scum identified for the price of a no-lynch)?

Vote: Trow

I will unvote when you learn how to read.
1. "Based on a joke". based on a joke? -.- did you not fuckign read? I TRIED TO PREVENT IT BASED ON ROBOTHOR'S HATING IT. And RoboTHor kindly vouched for this when he finally showed up. Ask him if you don't believe me.
2. "Uses doc as a base for setup-discussions" ??? Link to where I used doc as a base for setup discussions, as the only place I remember mentioning the word doc, is: BE WARY OF SCUM FAKECLIMING IT. hadurdadur?
3. "glowball's somewhat clumsy buddy" -.- Seriously? Just. Really? Get out. What did glowball flip gudsir?
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:05 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 681, saulres wrote:
In post 329, Maruchan wrote:
Hoppster wrote:Maruchan is actively avoiding this thread. He has posted in SEVERAL other games SEVERAL times.

I make it 91 posts.

I've been waiting to see how long till someone said something. Good Job.

Hoppster: Madd townie points.

49 this time. Do I get madd townie points now?

No. This is called I've been busy, and hadn't seen anything worth commenting on in this thread. THhe thread was almost 100% dead for twenty-four hours, I wasn't the only one not posting here.
Show
Join Now!

Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:06 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 685, saulres wrote:Thank you for not being an actual ass to me, I guess...

When I get to reviewing, I'm going to keep this post in mind. Thanks for reminding me about it.

No problem. I do like to gloat, but I don't like to throw it in other peoples' faces and put them down.
Show
Join Now!

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:09 am

Post by Amrun »

Here, I'll collect them, even.

In post 141, Amrun wrote:...
-And then lane0168 absolutely does his best to quash all productive discussion with bunk about knit hats. Very scummy.

VOTE: lane0168

I don't understand why no pressure is coming this way yet. I am still stuck on how he saw RVS was ending and there was content being generated and made a quick move to stop that.

I find saulres quite scummy but am still measuring that against his newness.

I do not find Maruchan scummy in the slightest.

In post 153, Amrun wrote:Maruchan, you should never aim to belynched unless you are a jester.

Lane, so many things in that paragraph are wrong. The goal of rvs is to get out of it as quickly as possible - and you did your best to extend it. Only scum have interest in doing this.

In post 155, Amrun wrote:RVS and RQS are functionally the same. They are there to generate conversation until someone finds something scummy someone else has done, therefore truly beginning the game.

As it should have been blatantly obvious from my catchup post, I read everything in context. At the time, I was excited that by the top of page 2, a really interesting conversation involving saulres was happening. A lot of good points were being made; we had moved into content.

You came in and didn't comment on anything, simply tried to start an RQS, and not even a potentially useful one. It totallt derailed the saulres content conversation for a little while until people found their way back to it.

It is scummy noise. You were creating noise, distracting people from the task at hand, and avoiding a stance about the current issues at hand. It really rubbed me the wrong way.

In post 177, Amrun wrote:Lane: Response post for you when I can get to a computer. Short answer: I am not ONLY voting you for the conversation quashing post, but it is still scummy, yes. Two hours into the thread or not, stuff was happening, and you didn't need to talk about that necessarily, but you did NOT need to throw icourse by asking joke questions that had zero percent of producung content answers. Glowball and maruchan made posts that were entirely different in nature in combination with content posts. Also your vote on maruchan is terrible under a terrible premise, which is not that bad for when you posted tit, but is now terrible becase you're still riding on its coattails.

Glowball: I asked you for a combination of reasons. You were recently online and I wanted a quick answer, and I also trust your answer not to be in cuckoo land. Lane's vote on maruchan is shit and I know it already; Supreme Overlord's vote I already asked him about because it was alaso bad, and am waiting for him to answer that question since he is v/la; Auckmid already gave his reasons in a wall, iirc, but is perfectly welcome to present a list too.

Also,n why did you unvote?

In post 371, Amrun wrote:Holy shit balls, missed that power role comment.

Welp, vote's returning home.

VOTE: lane

RoboThor: AND this is why overlord is town

In post 381, Amrun wrote:
lane0168 wrote:@amrun. Can you tell me why you find this to be super scummy as opposed to an idiotic antitown statement that was a mistake? What would be the scum intentions?

It reveals a scum mindset. You were PR hunting. That's like the definition of how scum play.

In post 447, Amrun wrote:
lane0168 wrote:i actually wasnt PR hunting. And if i was, and i was scum, why would i let everyone know that i was power role hunting? there was honestly just one thing he said that struck me as possible power role. it hasnt beent he whole game. one thing. but i still would like to know, what is the scum intentions of actually voicing that, as opposed to something stupid a town said? there is not when you really think about it. so really think about it.

Not caught up yet (in process), just want to reply to this.

It's a dumb thing to say as either alignment. I think scum would be more likely to let something like this slip since they have more incentive to look for it. Town is looking for scum, not prs.

In post 500, Amrun wrote:
saulres wrote:
Amrun wrote:p-edit: Saulres, everyone has to start somewhere, but your scumteam case is seriously terrible, and you need to watch yourself. You're building castles on sand.

Yes, you've said that before.

I find it interesting that the only people I remember telling me my theory was a bad idea are you and Maruchan who are both
part
of that theory. If it's a bad theory and I shouldn't pursue it, I'd expect that a
bunch
of pro-town people would be telling me so. Not just two of the people I suspect.

No, thunderwielder also said it, and said it first, iirc.

lane0168 wrote:if glowball suspects lane then its not much of a story about me defending glowball. i dont think two scum would so closely link up lol. and as far as defending? not defending. i do think glowball is town. saying why she is town would be defending her. trying to move on from the fact that glowball isnt giving reads is entirely different. the pressure went on for fucking pages. what dont you see about this?
thats not defense tyvw. amrun is full of bs. what is your case on me even? gut read again? like a glowball gut town read? you crazy.

response to supreme overlord forthcoming, and i'm assuming that i can quote myself from the game to make my case using my own words, correct supreme overlord?

P.S. - I never said it was defense. That was someone else. Stop misrepping. Also, calling me crazy is not enough to discredit me. Saying my case is gut is not enough either, since everyone reading the thread knows it is not gut. I have detailed and talked about several things you've done that I have found scummy. That's how the game works.

THUNDERWIELDER, GLOWBALL, PUT ASIDE YOUR DIFFERENCES AND VOTE FOR LANE PLLLZZZ

In post 548, Amrun wrote:I always read your responses, but you confuse "response" with "valid defense."

In post 553, Amrun wrote:Yeah, you are WRONG. Anti-town IS scummy, for starters, and even if everyone agreed that it was "not scummy," which isn't the case, that doesn't mean that you're right.

I have given several posts detailing my suspicion of you, which is what a case IS. "Show me your case, minus the things about me you find scummy."

In post 680, Amrun wrote:
In post 678, lane0168 wrote:Who else is scum amrun?

Why don't you tell me?

I've discussed at least one likely candidate before.

This is therefore just mudslinging, as most of your other posts. You are not truly interested in my alignment, because you know it. You are just seeking to make me look bad and get a mislynch.

tl;dr: Lane has contributed very little to the conversation and has instead seeked to quash conversation at every turn (such as the noted knit caps thing, also with glowball). The only original contribution is lane's "case" on Maruchan, which was bad. Worse, lane never changed her vote off of her RVS vote for Maruchan. Sticking with it so doggedly (and not providing any kind of reasoning beyond the weak early game reasoning until late in the day) is a sign of scum-worried-about-looking-consistent. Lane seeks to sling mud at me at every given opportunity, and as stated in a quote above, shows very little interest in probing alignments rather than finding posting flaws to harp about.

The only exception is his point about glowball-scum, saying that glowball-scum would have just given her reads when asked. However, glowball was so certain to be lynched that this is not a strong enough point to detract my scumread. White knighting is a common scum tactic (though this exchange equates to null).
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:27 am

Post by saulres »

In post 693, Amrun wrote:White knighting

What does this term mean?
On permanent
V/LA
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:43 am

Post by Amrun »

Defending strongly, usually someone most people think is scum.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by lane0168 »

i already said what i think your alignment is, not to mention i wasnt asking what your alignment was.

I asked who else do you think is scum?
were i to be lynched correctly, who would you go after next?
were i to be mislynched, who would you go after next? (let me guess, your answer is, "you wont get mislynched, so i dont have to answer this question")

how is this mudslinging?
MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by MrTrow »

Maruchan wrote:I will unvote when you learn how to read.
1. "Based on a joke". based on a joke? -.- did you not fuckign read? I TRIED TO PREVENT IT BASED ON ROBOTHOR'S HATING IT. And RoboTHor kindly vouched for this when he finally showed up. Ask him if you don't believe me.

In post 181, Maruchan wrote:
Like he said,
it was mostly me just picking fun at him
in revenge for getting lynched by him.

2. "Uses doc as a base for setup-discussions" ??? Link to where I used doc as a base for setup discussions, as the only place I remember mentioning the word doc, is: BE WARY OF SCUM FAKECLIMING IT. hadurdadur?

In post 526, Maruchan wrote:When I am a doc I PR hunt
In post 625, Maruchan wrote:Also don't ever forget the favorite tool of scum, WIFOM. If any doc claims today with a save, I highly doubt they are being legit. More likely scum claiming to save, so as to A: Make town think they have a doc when they don't, B: Out the real doc, C: Clear one of their own.
last but clearly not least
In post 643, Maruchan wrote:-fakescenario-
-me Saulres are scumbuddies-
IM CLAIMING DOCTOR!!!!!
I WAS ON SAULRES LAST NIGHT!!!!!
no ccs?
WE'RE BOTH CLEAR
-/fake scenario-

3. "glowball's somewhat clumsy buddy" -.- Seriously? Just. Really? Get out. What did glowball flip gudsir?

In post 634, Maruchan wrote:I hammered to make sure that some idiot wouldn't unvote and force a no lynch.

Not only did glowball not flip yet at that time. (nullifying your point)
Said unvote would most likely have been made by someone we would like to catch (if a single No Lynch would have that result: great)(the point i was actually making)
Your remark i just quoted is either clumsy/incorrect or simply a lie

Hoppster: congrats, but it seems you`ll have to go without my mothrax vote for a little longer
By the way, your mum says hello.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:36 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 696, lane0168 wrote:i already said what i think your alignment is, not to mention i wasnt asking what your alignment was.

I asked who else do you think is scum?
were i to be lynched correctly, who would you go after next?
were i to be mislynched, who would you go after next? (let me guess, your answer is, "you wont get mislynched, so i dont have to answer this question")

how is this mudslinging?

Did you read my iso yet?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:53 pm

Post by lane0168 »

Alright. Read your iso. You sometimes hand out scum points. Liked the mothrax/ns case at some points but never called them scum. Always switched back to me before calling anyone scum. There votes that were quickly replaced. Even a vote on glowball and some point. I saw no cases whatsoever come out of you. Your biggest cases were votes.

Now, have you answered my questions yet? Because I am telling you these questions are pertinent to think about and answer. Its beneficial to town to hear your reads on someone other than me. So can you answer the questions? Please?

Btw, didn't know I was supposed to read your iso but I did. Didn't find much as far as anyone else but me.

Return to “Completed Open Games”