MiriYami
MiriYami
Townie
MiriYami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2002 2:40 am

Post by MiriYami »

Well, I got an extra 12 hours or so, but its time now to pack my computer, and still nothing.

Given my various odd suspicions, I will
vote: sketchwick
. I will be happy to change my vote when I get back, or someone else might post to change my vote for me; if someone else posts for me, they will either know my password and post as me or will be someone with Toon in their nick or personal description.

So, I'm out, I'll talk to you later.
[i]Two smallish lynch mobs formed up, but, feeling rather apathetic about the whole thing, just went home.[/i] --SpicyJ, in Mafia4, on the Brunchma board
Mike Amok
Mike Amok
Townie
Mike Amok
Townie
Townie

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2002 5:09 am

Post by Mike Amok »

*waves to Miri*

*sits back and twiddles thumbs*
[size=75]This space intentionally left blank.[/size]
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Tue Jul 16, 2002 4:14 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

Ok, we are obviously down to one mafia or the game would be over as a loss for us. That being said we have to see if Miri and Luna will
vote Mike Amok
with me and win, or if I get lynched and the mafia wins. I blocked him last night and we had no kill, that's all the proof I need. Either the mafia's ability to redirect my ability was tied to their GF, or they only had so many uses for the whole game (something like the mayor's pistols?) either way they obviously can't stop me now....hmm...unless it's a every other night ability or something.

We could also risk the mafia being able to redirect me tomorrow night, since we will still have 2 townies, and vote no lynch: miri can offer me again and I will accept (miri you get a message that I will accept, right?) and then we better lynch Mike after that or we lose.

Mostly I'll just be happy if luna doesn't vote me before Miri gets back. I'm 100% certain that the girls are innocent with me. Nothing else makes sense.

sketchwick
Mike Amok
Mike Amok
Townie
Mike Amok
Townie
Townie

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Tue Jul 16, 2002 7:29 pm

Post by Mike Amok »

Well, it's good to be relatively sure about something. Unless Luna anticipated Sketchwick would "block" me or Miri, and chose not to kill to make that person look guilty to him (yeah right).
Vote: Sketchwick

So what happens today if there's a tie?
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:07 pm

Post by quercitron »

Sketchwick: 2 (MiriYami, Mike Amok)
Mike Amok: 1 (Sketchwick)

Not voting: 1 (Luna)

If there is a clear majority of 3 to lynch at any time, the person with the majority will be lynched. If there is a tie of 2 and 2 I will set a 4 day deadline, at which point no one will be lynched without a majority and Night will occur at the end of 4 days.

q
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sat Aug 17, 2002 7:15 am

Post by mith »

I'll remind Luna she's still in this game. :)
MiriYami
MiriYami
Townie
MiriYami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2002 5:08 am

Post by MiriYami »

Well, I'm back. Actually, I was back a couple weeks ago, but this place was gone.

I'm glad I didn't miss the end! My vote stands.

Luna, I hope you show up soon.

Mod, what happens if Luna doesnt show up and we don't get either a clear majority or a tie? Just to be devil's advocate.
[i]Two smallish lynch mobs formed up, but, feeling rather apathetic about the whole thing, just went home.[/i] --SpicyJ, in Mafia4, on the Brunchma board
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:26 am

Post by quercitron »

[sarcasm]The lynching machine kills you all.[/sarcasm]

Real answer: I replace Luna, and anyone else who doesn't check in...

q
Mike Amok
Mike Amok
Townie
Mike Amok
Townie
Townie

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:47 am

Post by Mike Amok »

For the record, I'm here. Welcome back, Miri.
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Aug 18, 2002 3:19 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

I'm here. Although it doesn't look like it matters. Miri, any explanation for your vote for me?

sketchwick
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:41 am

Post by mith »

Luna says she emailed you asking to be replaced before the site even went down. :)
MiriYami
MiriYami
Townie
MiriYami
Townie
Townie

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Aug 19, 2002 2:38 pm

Post by MiriYami »

Hmmm...my reason for voting Sketchwick is stuck on my pute, which is still packed. I am posting from a friend's computer. However, I remember feeling that Sketch's role was the most suspicious of all the roles. I consider Mike squeaky clean as part of the cast of Joseph; Luna is almost as clean as a member of my group. Therefore, I voted for you, Sketchwick.

All for now. Waiting for Luna's replacement to show up.
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2002 6:05 am

Post by quercitron »

Antrax will be replacing Luna. He asked first, and his previous role gave him no undue information about the game. In addition to this, he revealed all information he knew during the course of the game, so he has no secret knowledge. He has been informed of his role.

That is all.

q
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:28 am

Post by Antrax »

Hello, I am Luna (how very ironic).

To tell you the truth, I have no idea what took you so long. First of all, we're in great shape. Even if I'm wrong, we still win. There are exactly two people I'm not sure are innocent: Mike Amok and Sketchwick. I know for sure Miri is innocent because SHE TRAINED ME and WE'RE MASONS TOGETHER NOW. So, even if we botch this lynch, we will won't lose, because whoever's left as mafia most likely can't kill, or Miri's recruiting power really really sucks arse (see, I said arse, cause I'm a Luna now). To elaborate, both the remaining non-masons in the game have been offered the position of a master basket weaver, meaning neither can be mafia, or Miri sucks.
Now, one of the remaining non-mason players in the game has had a slightly, how shall I put it, suspicious ability. He's innocent, yet turns out guilty to cops. If any cops investigate him, he'll turn out guilty, and then when they try to lynch him, he'll say "hey, I may seem guilty, but I'm not evil! There's another evil group!". Does that ring a bell? Antrax gambit, anyone?
There is no place for an Antrax gambit right now. I can't believe he survived this long emplying my- err, ANTRAX' gambit this long when his role is completely unbelievable, and wouldn't necessitate him looking evil to cops. Why would Jhonny Cockran look evil to anyone?
So,
vote: sketchwick
. Even if I'm wrong, we don't necessarily lose. And I'm not wrong.
Ant- err
Luna
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:30 am

Post by quercitron »

The Town (current population: 4) drags sketchwick to the lynching machine (okay, make that three, he can't drag himself.)

As he stands on the platform, the Town asks him if he wants to make a speech. After all, this is his last chance.

He thinks for a while, then grins. "Wouldn't Johnny Cochrane have been an awesome role, though?"

The members of the Underwater Basketweaving Lodge (soon to be three, since Mike Amok has no future as a lone Actor,) contemplate this before pushing the button.

Miri sums it up. "Not really."

With a flash of light, the last Mafia member is destroyed, and the Town lives happily ever after. This one even has women. Well, Lunatrax is, well, sort of both. Hmm. Oh well.

Sketchwick was the Mafia's Lawyer. He was part of the family, and in addition could block one person's role each night.

A list of all roles, situations, night choices, and planning I did for this game will follow tonight or tomorrow, I'm somewhat busy right now.

The Town was somewhat overpowered, but there were things going against them. The possible Serial Killer, the potential for the Underwater Basketweavers to become an evil Cult (could have happened,) the lynching machine malfunctions, the Godfather's extra kill, and the fact that the Mafia Lawyer could not only claim a role-blocking role but prove it seemed to be enough to me (and we had the Spanish Inquisition to kill innocents, and several vague investigators.) More on this later, though.

Congrats to Miri, Mike Amok, and Lunatrax, as well as the rest of the Town!

Congrats to sketchwick for his defenses, and the rest of the Mafia family for killing people. It's so much fun writing death scenes.

THE END.

(yes, yes, more later, I know...)

q
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2002 8:43 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Hi! I'm new to the board, but I play mafia in person regularily. When q said Antrax asked first, I'm the person he was referring to who wasn't picked. But the result is the same

Assuming Luna wasn't mafia herself, The first thing I would have done was exactly what Antrax did. It was so obvious (to me at least, having freshly read everything) that Sketchwick was telling the truth (almost!) and nothing else made sense. But, that didn't preclude him not being on the side of the mafia! I was very impressed by Sketchwick throughout the entire game.

I hope to actually play with you guys soon. For now, where did I put my lighter... ah. Here it is.
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2002 9:24 am

Post by Antrax »

Well, this was a great game. If I didn't quit mafia, I'd definitely sign up for querciton's next one. Well done!
(Though I think DP was really really strong, to the point of unbalancing the game).
Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2002 11:51 am

Post by ralphmerridew »

It would have helped if quercitron had put me in sooner. As it was, I was very constrained in my actions. If I'd claimed an active role, it would have been suspicious (active roles can't go fallow very long without being noticed). And since sketch had already claimed a guilty-seeming role, which the town seemed to have accepted, I wasn't going to risk bringing suspicion on Johnnie by claiming anything remotely similar. That didn't leave me much flexibility.

Also, eillid should have realised that sketch was lying about who had been blocked. (Or did eillid get some sort of neutral response?)
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2002 3:19 pm

Post by jeep »

Great game quercitron! I would like to know the web site you mentioned before for generating if Luna's ability would work.

-JEEP
Mackay
Mackay
Goon
Mackay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:17 pm

Post by Mackay »

Quercitron, THAT GAME WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!

(Ok, so I didn't play, but I read the ENTIRE THING.)

...how soon do you think you can write another one? (heh! If you ever DO decide to put yourself through that again, I am sooooo /in.)
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:28 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Great game, up with the best I have ever played in. Thanks a lot for putting this together and modding it.
Mike Amok
Mike Amok
Townie
Mike Amok
Townie
Townie

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2002 4:45 am

Post by Mike Amok »

Well, that's a relief. As everyone has already said, excellent game, quercitron.

*weaves a basket*
Mmhm, pretty.
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Aug 21, 2002 1:18 pm

Post by quercitron »

Mafia 3 - Improbable Role
MASTER KEY
PART ONE
(more to come later, when I type it)

I. The Roles

THE MAFIA

DRAGON PHOENIX - Godfather Bill Gates
SKETCHWICK - The Mafia Lawyer
RADWULF - The Mafia Prostitute
CORSATO - Mafia Scum
RALPHMERRIDEW - Mafia Scum

The Mafia consulted with each other during the night and killed one person each night. They did not have to specify a specific hitman. Their roles were not completely improbable, but there were a few quirks. The Godfather appeared like a normal Townie except when investigated or recruited by the Basketweaver and Sherlock Holmes. The Mafia Lawyer could block one person’s role each night, in addition to the Mafia kill. The Mafia Prostitute had no special abilities but was the specific target of James Bond and served as a clue to the Town that other Mafia (read: the Lawyer) might have special abilities of some sort.

THE ACTORS GUILD

BEAUDOIN / IS II - Actor
JEEP - Actor
MIKE AMOK - Actor
SWEETWATER - Actor

The Actors were a sort of weak Mason group. They were all told that all Actors were innocent, and that there were other Actors in the Town, and that they could identify each other by following the same pattern: using colours in their posts (either words or actual colours.) They were not allowed to talk to each other at night.
THE INVESTIGATORS

CADMIUM - IRS Agent
EILLID - Robot X4-6009-2A
JESTERNL - Methodical Cop
MITH - The Spanish Inquisition
RAAMAWEN - Sherlock Holmes
SOOTHSAYER - Lassie

The IRS Agent received a set of instructions regarding the wealth of people in the Town, and investigated one person each night. Unfortunately for him, only the Mafia and a few others were wealthy, and he could not find out anything unless he targeted one of them. Basically, a Lazy Cop of a type...I gave him whatever information I felt like.

Robot X4-6009-2A was given no instructions except that it was looking for its Creator, a scientist in the Town (this happened to be Sir Dynadan.) Each night it would investigate one person to see if that person was human and if that person was its Creator. If it had found Sir Dynadan, it would have protected him from night kills (until it died.) If it was lynched, SCENARIO 2 (scenarios detailed at end) would have occurred, and actually did.

The Methodical Cop was a Cop who was told he was Sane, and had to send me a list of the other 24 players in order at the beginning of the game. He investigated in that order throughout the game, skipping the dead. He could not find the Godfather.

The Spanish Inquisition investigated one person per night, and received a completely random result (innocent, guilty, or can’t tell.) That person was weakened the next day and would be killed if they accumulated three votes (not including the votes of the Spanish Inquisition.)

Sherlock Holmes investigated one person per night and received partial or full details of their role, if and only if that role was logical. Sherlock Holmes’ investigations would fail on the Underwater Basketweaver, the Flying Pumpkin, Shakespeare, the Robot, Barney, and the Amateur Necromancer. Sherlock Holmes could find the Godfather.
Lassie ‘followed’ one person per night and received vague (my call) details about their nighttime activities.

THE DOCTORS

INTERNET STRANGER - Barney the Purple Dinosaur
SIR DYNADAN - Cytokinin and Robotics Scientist

Barney the Purple Dinosaur protected one person per night from all forms of night kill.

The Cytokinin and Robotics Scientist protected one person per night from all forms of night kill, and turned that person into a plant for a day (that person could only make one post the next day.) If Robot X4-6009-2A was lynched, SCENARIO 2 would occur (explained later.)

OTHER IMPROBABLE ROLES, I: THE AMATEURS

LUNA - Amateur Necromancer

The Amateur Necromancer was told that they were dabbling in necromancy and could attempt to raise the body of one person each night. If successful, they would gain control of that person’s role and vote (had any resurrections been completely successful, they would have registered a ‘corpse’ account to post under, thus keeping their identity secret. The Amateur Necromancer’s attempt on X had four possible results: nothing happens (and the corpse of player X dissolves,) X gives the Necromancer the chance to make one final vote the next day (this happened,) X is raised, or the Necromancer channels too much power and is destroyed (least likely.)

I did not roll a die or use random.org for this role. I had the (what I thought was an improbable and funny) idea of using an online “love-meter test.” To determine Luna’s success, I entered her name with the name of the player targeted. But I made a mistake. The love-meter test site I used never gave me any other result than the first two. I decided to keep this in the end, as the Necromancer *was* an Amateur. For those curious, I’ll be looking for the exact site. I’ve forgotten it.

As an additional plus (I did little things like this everywhere,) anyone who investigated the Necromancer would receive a vague “she does dark, dark things” answer, indicative of a normal Town’s displeasure with the Dark Arts. Somewhat like a hobbyist.

MOLE - Prestidigitator

The Prestidigitator was the Town’s amateur magician. He was immune to investigation attempts and immune to the first attempt on his life. There was also a 50% chance that he received information on anyone who targeted him. In addition, he had a nifty one-time ability that is probably too powerful: he could at any one night during the game receive a list of all the night’s targets in random order (i.e. Bob, Joe, Luna, Antrax, Ysabel.) He could then rearrange the list, and I would assign the new targets to each role. If he switched Bob and Joe, for example, what should have happened to Bob would now happen to Joe and vice versa. This actually happened in the game.

MIRIYAMI - The Underwater Basketweaver

The Underwater Basketweaver attempted to recruit one person per night into a semi-Mason group. Although Miri was not informed of how her recruiting ability worked, it was also random, and had the following possibilities of results:

5% recruitment fails, Miri is insulted and thinks target is Mafia
20% recruitment fails, no information given
40% target is told they have been asked to join a Mason group, and must give up their special ability to join. They have one day-night cycle to respond.
20% the same as above, without loss of ability
10% target joins immediately, without loss of ability
5% target is insulted at the (as Luna later put it) “heterosexually-challenged” nature of basketweaving and is told Miri is Mafia

If at any time Miri’s group exceeded three members, I would start flipping a coin each night. If the coin came up tails, SCENARIO 1 would have occurred (explained later, and never happened.)

If the Underwater Basketweaver targeted a Mafia, she had a 75% chance of being told “did not join” and a 25% chance of getting a hint that the target was Mafia. The Godfather would appear merely untrainable. The Lawyer could join, at the cost of giving up his secondary ability (blocking a person’s role.)

SABERKITTY - Veterinarian

The Veterinarian, while alive, protected animal roles from night kills. While she was alive, Lassie, Barney, and the Flying Pumpking could not be killed at night. This was a passive role.

OTHER IMPROBABLE ROLES, II: THE PROFESSIONALS

ANTRAX - The Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of Its Ass

The Flying Pumpkin was a strong vigilante role. It had a 25% chance of surviving any night attack against it, and could at any time pick one of two night actions: aim or fire. Firing gave a 75% chance of killing the target indiscriminately. Aiming cost the Pumpkin two nights, but gave a 100% chance of killing a Mafia target (except the Godfather) and a 25% chance of killing a Town.

MUDSTER - James Bond, 007.

James Bond was on a secret mission. Having slept with so many women, he had acquired several thousand STDs, only one of which was currently affecting him. Unfortunately for Bond, the only person who held the cure was a Prostitute working for the Mafia. Bond ‘slept’ with one person every night, and gave them some type of STD. The types were:
X - the target would die the next day if s/he received more than four votes.
Y - the person could not speak the following day
Z - that person’s role would be blocked the next night
Neither Bond nor the target would know which disease took effect; neither would I announce the “no speaking” to the Town or the “role blocked/poisoning” to the target.

Bond had a 30% chance of giving each of the above diseases to his targets, and a 10% chance of infecting them with the same malady that plagued him. Anyone who received that STD from Bond would pass it on to anyone they targeted at night. SCENARIO 3 would occur if at any time a majority of the Town was infected.

When Bond died, no details of his role were announced.

ZEALOT - William Shakespeare

William Shakespeare had to speak in iambic pentameter in his posts, except when voting, and had a one-time special ability to ‘link’ two players tragically - if any one of them died, the other would die at the end of the next day (like the Siblings in Mafia Invitational.) Zealot never used this ability.

NEO - Rube Goldberg, Mayor

Rube Goldberg, the Inventor and Mayor, had a number of functions. On one hand, he was extremely powerful. He possessed a transmogrifying gun he could use every other night, several smoke bombs that blocked a player’s role for a night, and a couple fake pistols that forced people to state an allegiance (Mafia, Town, Neutral.) He could use one of these per night or give one to another player anonymously. His vote also counted double as he was the Mayor. On the other hand, this made him a Mafia target, and once he died the Lynching Machine fell into disrepair...at the end of every lynching there was an X% chance that a random voter would die, and X rose by 0, 5, 10, or 15 every night (randomly, with a bias towards the lower end.)
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2002 3:30 am

Post by Antrax »

Whoa, this really is very well thought-out. I never realised there were so many quirks to this game.
And BTW, heterosexually-challenged was my term, Luna just assaulted my use of it =P
Antrax
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:07 pm

Post by jeep »

I'm still waiting to hear about the three scenarios...

-JEEP

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”