Tuthrededmafya - Planet Thread, Game Over!

God
God
Goon
God
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:20 am

Post by God »

Oh, and i put Darkblade/Bloojay for confusion purposes, noticabley i also put Yoko/Macros when listing that choice.
"Still looking for one, heh" Dragon Phoenix, inside the 2nd DP9 Modprod.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:04 am

Post by mathcam »

Current Official Vote Count:

God: 3 (Massive, DS, Talitha)
Darkblade: 1 (Massive)
Dragon Slayer: 1 (God)

Not Voting: Corsato, Darkblade, kleimar, Thoth

Don't make me prod you...

Cam
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:36 am

Post by Corsato »

Vote: God
, his results are contradiction Meme's.
kleimar
kleimar
Goon
kleimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:44 pm

Post by kleimar »

Well I will end the day then. This is too obvious a lie.
vote God
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:32 pm

Post by Thoth »

It really looks like a lie. I just can't figure out why he would budge making up his results like that. It's really not that hard to fabricate results that are consistent with what's posted in the thread.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:57 pm

Post by mathcam »

The town, still hunting for those reponsible for the recent slew of killings, encircle God and demand to know what he's been doing for the past week at night.

God releases his "results": "Here ya go!"

The town ponders a while, and then: "Wait, these don't make any sense."

"Well, what do you expect. It's not like I've been paying attention to this game. It's hard to make up fake results when you don't know...I mean, uh...ah, crap."

And with little more discussion,
God (mutinist)
, is lynched.

Official End-of-Day Vote Count:

God: 6 (Massive, DS, Talitha, Corsato, kleimar)
Dragon Slayer: 1 (God)

Not Voting: Darkblade, Thoth

Get those choices in!

Cam
mathslamm Mod
mathslamm Mod
Townie
mathslamm Mod
Townie
Townie

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:17 pm

Post by mathslamm Mod »

You awake to find the most vicious of the murders to date.
Kleimar, colony governor
, is no more.

With 6 alive, it will take 4 to lynch!

Cam
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:27 pm

Post by Corsato »

I did expect Kleimar to be killed, so far no surprises.
Anyone have any bright ideas?

~~ goes off re-reading ~~
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:07 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

I'm still suspicious of Massive. I'd say Darkblade is number two on my list.

-DS
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:12 pm

Post by Talitha »

I have some ideas - but I'd quite like to hear from everyone first. Especially with regards to how many scum we think we have left, and what flavour scum they are?

Only 6 of us alive, we have to be careful with lynch target.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:16 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

I think there might be 1 left but this is based partially on my numbers from before and there has been a good amount of time since then. So there might be two. I feel quite strongly that it is either Darkblade (for his suspicious claim, sounds mutinist) or Massive, Dirge claimed to be affiliated with and obviously wasn't (unless they're both mafia, which I'm betting on).

Vote Massive

-DS
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:56 pm

Post by Darkblade »

I have a hunch that there are 1 to 2 colony-type mafia left. We hit a mutinist last day and the day before and there is only one kill.

Anyways, I don't think the mutinists were named. If they were, the mod would probably post their name in the death scene.

Just because I spoiled the 2000 election doesn't make me a bad guy :-P
"Trying to outguess the mod can be hazardous to your health" - Foolster41 in Paranoid Mafia
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:17 am

Post by massive »

I need to go back and find a post I made about who was here when Coolbot might have been recruited. Am out of town but should post something later tonight.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:27 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

My feeling is that Massive is ship scum, Darkblade is colonist scum.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:13 pm

Post by massive »

Now, DS, answer me this: If I was ship-based scum, why would I not only bring up the concept of deciding who was here to recruit Coolbot into the ship-based scum, but finger God as one of the suspects (who actually WAS ship-based scum)? I know you've been playing the game, and even *I* forgot where I was, but that's blatant misdirection. The "Dirge claimed to be associated with him and obviously wasn't" is another attempt by DS to redirect other people's guilt onto me.

I'd still like to hear more from Darkblade.

There's at least one mutineer left, if you go by the balance rule. We lynched two Shigonook, so there should be two mutineers to start with, and Coolbot was recruited. I honestly believe Talitha is the other original mutineer. I think she got lucky that someone shot her up to the ship. I think DS is recruited by the mutineers. I think Darkblade is the other Shigonook.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:54 pm

Post by Talitha »

massive wrote:I honestly believe Talitha is the other original mutineer
Geesh, why did I make such a fuss about God's roleclaim then, and lead the lynch against him? And aren't you claiming the same reason as to why
you're
not a mutineer??

The people I tentatively believe are innocent right now are Corsato & massive. Corsato because I don't think the ship's captain could be recruited (going along with the mutiny storyline), and it just doesn't fit that he would be killing his own crew at night. massive i think is probably innocent because he came out with the claim about "being devoted to the ship's captain" before we even knew there was a 'ship's captain' in the game.

I have lots more to say but my brain-keyboard pathway is having communication difficulties... I'll post more later.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:56 pm

Post by Talitha »

Forgot to say, I think there's 1 killer left.. and that they came here when the ship blew up. So that narrows it down. And 1-2 mutineers left...
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:39 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Fine, I've trusted Talthia so far. If she's scum then she deserves to win. I'll go with my next choice.
Unvote massive; vote darkblade

-DS
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:29 am

Post by mathcam »

Official Vote Count
:

Darkblade (1, Dragon Slayer)

Not Voting:

Corsato, Darkblade, Massive, Talitha, Thoth.

Cam
Last edited by mathcam on Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:15 pm

Post by massive »

Talitha: Can you explain why you differentiated between the killers and the mutineers? (post 691) We still haven't proven that the Shigonook couldn't recruit ... or that the mutineers can't kill ...
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:16 pm

Post by Talitha »

Sure.. I'm working from some assumptions that I haven't made explicit yet.
Look at the night kills.

This is the entire list of night kills (excluding the fake night 1 kills):
Night 2: Scalebane killed on the Ship
Night 3: Stewie killed on the Ship
Night 4: MeMe murdered on Planet
Night 5: The Silent Speaker murdered on the Ship
Night 6: ZONEACE murdered on the Ship
(Ship thread explodes)
Night 7: Coolbot(mutinist) killed on Planet
Night 8: kleimar killed on Planet

First notable thing is that there has only EVER been 1 kill per night on the Ship & Planet nights COMBINED (apart from night 1). The odds of this happening if we had 2 killing groups seem really small to me.

2nd notable thing is that (after night 1) MeMe has been the solitary kill here up until
we arrived from the ship.
I think WW killed her. God and Coolbot (both mutinists) have been here this whole time - doing what at night? We know they havent recruited everyone here, or kleimar would've shown up as a mutinist. (Besides the game would be over)

The 'mutinist' fits the cult type role perfectly.

So yeah I think there are 2 groups, one can recruit, one can kill. My theory falls over if the scum are not limited by the thread that they are in (I.e. they could recruit/kill in the other thread, even if they don't have a current member there). But I really like my theory at the moment. Have I overlooked anything obvious?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:35 pm

Post by Talitha »

I've been looking at God's claim:
God wrote:Vote: Dragon Slayer I am the Ship's Resident Scientist, on the ship to study the region we are currently in, Each night I can choose a player and keep them busy all night with my research. I am told that some players will not allow themselves to be held for research overnight, but not told who. In effect I am a role-blocker, I didn't trust Dragon Slayer that much yesterday so I decided to block him.
I got the feeling that God tried to
recruit
DS that night and failed... and that the part where he says "I am told that some players will not allow themselves to be held for research overnight, but not told who" is true if you replace
held for research
with
recruited
I strongly suspect that there are certain players who can't be recruited. Otherwise the mutinists would've won, there must be something limiting them. My current theories are that either only colony-native players can be recruited, or only non-generic roles can be recruited, or that 'recruitableness' is completely random. Anyone have comments/thoughts on this?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:17 am

Post by massive »

Hrm, that's pretty mighty. I had only been looking at the kills per thread when trying to figure out what each party could do, and I think I was letting the fact that the Shigonook role listing (as presented by the mods) seemed to imply some sort of recruiting ability.

If that's the case, then I think we can pinpoint the last Shigonook. Talitha, you started over here, as did I and Darkblade. DS, Thoth, and Corsato started out in the ship thread, and one of them would have to be responsible for the first kill up there (since Talitha was down here at that time). Corsato's already proven he's the ship's captain. Thoth has already proven his inventor ability by projecting Coolbot. So that means DS is the remaining Shigonook. His claimed "ability" fits in with that ... if he WAS the remaining Shig, he would know how many are left.

That's gotta be it.
vote Dragon Slayer
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:28 am

Post by Corsato »

That looks like a solid lead. I will, however, check to see if there are any flaws in your thinking.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:52 am

Post by Talitha »

Yeah, massive has basically come to the same conclusion as I did. I've been hesitant to point it out though - because I'm worried there could be 2 mutinists alive. If that was the case and we don't lynch one today, and they managed to recruit overnight, it's game over.

If there's 2 mutinists alive I think it's
probably
Darkblade and Thoth... but I could be completely wrong - it's risky. Better to go with the more solid evidence. And if we don't lynch the Shig then he could easily take out one of the townies overnight.

I really hope I'm not throwing the game here.
vote: Dragon Slayer

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”