Newbie 2105 | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BlueSnakelet
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/It

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:20 am

Post by BlueSnakelet »

Not a single scum pair would target BBT Night 2. Bella really did catch BBT in the act of killing someone. After failing, they helped you push for Tapioca's elimination. When that also didn't go anywhere, they tried to bus their scum partner. These are the events of Today.
Let he who is with sin, and loves it, cast the final stone.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:34 am

Post by Spartan117 »

How can you write off BBT/Tapio, and Looker/Tapio so easily, as they are the two positions I'm at right now.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:36 am

Post by Spartan117 »

Why couldn't tapio and Looker have tried to elim BBT knowing he's town and would be more confrontation given the events of the first couple days than if they had elimed one of us 3
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:40 am

Post by Looker »

I feel like Bella and I were in agreement on BBT, which prompted them to JK BBT and consequently prevent a NK. Tapio could be scum, but it seems like the sure shot is BBT.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:42 am

Post by Looker »

in response to bluesnake
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:45 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 678, Looker wrote:I feel like Bella and I were in agreement on BBT, which prompted them to JK BBT and consequently prevent a NK. Tapio could be scum, but it seems like the sure shot is BBT.
So we elim BBT today then who tomorrow?
BlueSnakelet
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
BlueSnakelet
He/It
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/It

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:01 am

Post by BlueSnakelet »

In post 677, Spartan117 wrote:Why couldn't tapio and Looker have tried to elim BBT knowing he's town and would be more confrontation given the events of the first couple days than if they had elimed one of us 3
Then they would've killed Bella instead. Bella was a townier player who's major pushes were on P6/Elmo (who's already dead) and Tapioca herself. Meanwhile, here's BBT's last stance on Tapioca before Night 2:
In post 353, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:My SR of Tapio evaporated into thin air when your good self and Elmo became so obviously scum.
Why would Tapioca kill BBT instead of Bella. Why would she want to leave Bella alive for "more confrontation" when it was obvious she would be confronted as well?

I didn't even considered a BBT/Tapioca duo, however. Doesn't seem likery at first (why would BBT push Tapioca so quickly instead of drawing votes towards Looker immediately?), but I'll look more into it.
Let he who is with sin, and loves it, cast the final stone.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:24 am

Post by Spartan117 »

But don't you see blue snake that BBT gives them a reason to kill BBT? He has said that his scum read of tapio has disappeared and that he now reads elmo and Bella as scum, well given elmo flipped town if left alive he is either going to keep pushing Bella or go back to tapio, also after BBT is might killed and if he flips town they can point at what he said there that he no longer sussed Tapio and had sussed Bella so they can use that to push on Bella who is less confrontational than BBT, in these last few days it's ofc about any PRs but also about who you can beat in an argument abd BBT was involved in pushing on the previous wagons.
I also want to reiterate that I don't understand how, if Tapio and Looker are town (at this point one of them is definitely scum) that they would just go after BBT, there are 4 of us and realistically each of them should be sussing the other 3 remaining possible scum.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:26 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 681, BlueSnakelet wrote:Why would Tapioca kill BBT instead of Bella. Why would she want to leave Bella alive for "more confrontation" when it was obvious she would be confronted as well?
Its the level of confrontation, and whether it can be diverted/sufficient sus thrown back/handled that a miselim could be achieved
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:27 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 681, BlueSnakelet wrote:I didn't even considered a BBT/Tapioca duo, however. Doesn't seem likery at first (why would BBT push Tapioca so quickly instead of drawing votes towards Looker immediately?), but I'll look more into it.
To buss their teamate so if one of them goes down its possible for the partner to still get the win, it can be common with distancing.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:29 am

Post by Spartan117 »

BBT could have very likely asked Tapio to push them so they don't look paired and then work with us for a Looker elim and then they win.
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:35 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

In post 548, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 541, BlueSnakelet wrote:Had you had been pushing for Tapioca alone, I would've been more inclined to believe you. In that case, I would think you were a townie with a correct push on mafia, with the Mafia not knowing what to do in response.
There are 4 players left who could possibly be scum 1 of them is BBT 1 of them is me, as town I know its not me, in BBTs position if he is town he knows its not him, if we are town reading each other it only makes sense for us to see Looker and Tapio as the only true game solve if we believe our reads ofc I won't know till after the game and that's the same for you, Bella and the other town.

I was in a game not too long ago where BBT and another player called Rad were the scum team we had no kill for N1 or N2 the jailkeeper jailed the kill target N1 and Rad got jailed N2, and Rad had seemed town albeit I was concerned he was pocketing me. The scum team ended up winning even tho we had no night kill night 1 or 2 because of bad decisions on the day elims. So by no means like I said am I ruling BBT out as I've seen that happen before, I just get a feel from his play he is town even if we did get two town lims day 1 and 2, i was part of that too, and they did in fairness seem very suspect.
what about his play in this game makes you feel he's town as opposed to that game?
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:39 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 686, Tapiocaphobe wrote:
In post 541, BlueSnakelet wrote:Had you had been pushing for Tapioca alone, I would've been more inclined to believe you. In that case, I would think you were a townie with a correct push on mafia, with the Mafia not knowing what to do in response.
There are 4 players left who could possibly be scum 1 of them is BBT 1 of them is me, as town I know its not me, in BBTs position if he is town he knows its not him, if we are town reading each other it only makes sense for us to see Looker and Tapio as the only true game solve if we believe our reads ofc I won't know till after the game and that's the same for you, Bella and the other town.

I was in a game not too long ago where BBT and another player called Rad were the scum team we had no kill for N1 or N2 the jailkeeper jailed the kill target N1 and Rad got jailed N2, and Rad had seemed town albeit I was concerned he was pocketing me. The scum team ended up winning even tho we had no night kill night 1 or 2 because of bad decisions on the day elims. So by no means like I said am I ruling BBT out as I've seen that happen before, I just get a feel from his play he is town even if we did get two town lims day 1 and 2, i was part of that too, and they did in fairness seem very suspect.
what about his play in this game makes you feel he's town as opposed to that game?
After BBT is elimed and he flips red, who is your elim tomorrow?

Also check my iso I've made multiple posts about it
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:45 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

In post 687, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 686, Tapiocaphobe wrote:

After BBT is elimed and he flips red, who is your elim tomorrow?

Also check my iso I've made multiple posts about it
i don't see any posts about why you TR him here as opposed to that game, if you can quote some or give a recap I'd appreciate it
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:46 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

my elim tomorrow is dependent on this information
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:23 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

In post 659, Spartan117 wrote:Are you just trying to wait us out and let us make the wrong decision?
ironic
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:46 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 690, Tapiocaphobe wrote:
In post 659, Spartan117 wrote:Are you just trying to wait us out and let us make the wrong decision?
ironic
How is it ironic, you are the one asking me to go back and quote my own posts because you can't be bothered to read them... and the fact you are refusing to and refusing to give me an answer to my question proves my point...
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:47 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 689, Tapiocaphobe wrote:my elim tomorrow is dependent on this information
Doesn't sound like you're going to get one.
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:56 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

In post 172, Spartan117 wrote:As one of the two people who have wagons on them currently, It would be thought that I would want to try to join Greetings wagon and push them especially for their suspect push on me. But I am worried they could potentially be the typical sussy day 1 town elim that happens so often, I need more time to go through everything thats happened, been very busy irl sorry gang but am planning on putting something together tonight, from a quick glance, BBT looks town so far @Bella I personally don't know if I have it in me to try and sort him after past games so provided nothing jumps out at me, there are other directions I'd rather venture in and investigate in more depth.
In post 268, Spartan117 wrote:I kinda feel like BBT might be town this game guys, I've been very busy irl and didn't notice the game had picked back up, as such I've not read through everything that happened at the end of day 1, and need to familiarise myself with how things went down. For those that don't know it is quite uncommon for me to ever be defending BBT, Bella can attest. I just get a vibe he could be town this game.
In post 460, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 458, Bellaphant wrote:It's bbt. Like, either they are town with awful, awful reads (their top scum reads have been town x 3) and scum decided to kill them night 2 for....reasons?? Or they are just scum.
Could we have Info on who you jailkept night 1?

I did personally feel like they were town on their play as apose to how I've seen them play when they are scum in multiple games.

I feel like now you've claimed shouldn't we have the other PR claim to minimise the slots left for the scum to hide?
In post 538, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 333, BlueSnakelet wrote:I am no longer convinced by my argument from Day 1. The fact that you weren't pushing for Greeting's elimination can be more easily explained by you being town, and having no reason to eliminate Greeting, then by being scum and having a 4D chess plan to gain a minuscule amount of towncred. After thinking about it a few times, it became obvious that the potential reward that Scum!Spartan would gain with it does not outweigh the risk of failing to eliminate Greeting.
This post which BBT pointed out previously is my only main reason that I'm holding onto my town read of your slot and believe your claim. I think it is between BBT, Tapio and Looker but game mechanics wise can't let myself rule out the possibility that you have played us but I think the option to salvage us from that situation isn't possible.

I will break my reasoning down more when I get in tonight between the 3 and would be personally happy to elim Tapio or Looker as I think that's where the scum team lies, I could see from their posts them flounder somewhat after the PRs revealed.
In post 542, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 523, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Tapio is scum yeah?
In post 541, BlueSnakelet wrote:It's because this elimination is so critical that I'm doubting the push on Tapioca. Mafia wants us to get it wrong just as much as we want to get it right.

Had you had been pushing for Tapioca alone, I would've been more inclined to believe you. In that case, I would think you were a townie with a correct push on mafia, with the Mafia not knowing what to do in response.

But as things stand the way they are, with both you and BBT pushing for Tapioca, I believe in either of two possibilities:

- You and BBT are mafia working together to miseliminate Tapioca.
- You're a townie with a
wrong
push on Tapioca, and BBT is mafia trying to help you miseliminate Tapioca.
Really? Like I can understand them two possibilities but you are completely eradicating other options one of which I think is true which includes Tapio being scum, if you are genuinely town you should be looking at it that all 4 of us could be scum, and in my position because I know im town and because I've experience with BBT in playing multiple games with him before where he was scum and me not seeing him playing the same thus reading him as town and the two of us individually reading tapio alongside Looker as scum which from my position town reading bbt makes sense and is a serious possibility.
In post 543, Spartan117 wrote:Bear in mind I was scum reading tapio before any of this PR stuff was revealed, and I'm not saying BBT is definitely scum it's still a possibility for me as Bella could have stopped him from killing night 2, and that's a stronger possibility for you being one of the mafia Goons in a C2 Setup, and I'm holding onto that not being the case because of what I said in my 538. I hope you can see where I am coming from evaluating all the options, so I am not trying to achieve a miselim, I am trying my best to put everything out there for the 3 other remaining town to come together and elim the 2 mafia.

In post 549, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 545, Tapiocaphobe wrote:so we're on bbt/spartan or me/looker?
I think that's pretty much where we are at currently which is funny to me given my previous games with BBT.
In post 556, Spartan117 wrote:The fact both Tapio and Looker want to elim BBT is kinda a confession to my slot they are scum and further evidence BBT is town to me.
In post 639, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 637, Looker wrote:I don't know you're town, but that's the risk. I can do Tapio but if it's not Tapio/BBT we lose because I'm pretty confident it's BBT. Unless Bella has scum pegged and can stop the kill long enough for us to get another tracker result.
If you're sure BBT is scum that must mean 1 of me and Tapio are their partner, which given we have ruled out me Tapio I can see why you would be locked onto BBT from your perspective but if you was town wouldn't it have been better to try and solve their partner now rather than wait for tomorrow.

All this just makes me feel like you are playing for the end of the in game day not for the end of the game, because for you the end of the day is the end of the game provided you get your miselim.

Otherwise you would have been trying to work out who BBTs partner is today not just elim them and figure that out tomorrow. I do get it, it is very hard for scum when town have sorta figured things out.
In post 641, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 640, Looker wrote:Because at this point, at least one of BBT/BlueSnake is scum and you've expressed reservations regarding the claimed PR but not BBT who was caught last night.
Are you saying you'd rather elim BlueSnake rather than Tapio?
I felt it right to make it clear that it is a possibility, a possibility that I don't think is the case but a possibility all the same.

I was town reading BBT before the Prs revealed, and they revealed we have 2 scum in me you tapio and BBT, thus knowing I'm town I am left with 2 scum from 3, and I had a pre existing town read on one of that 3, the other 2 then pushed that same slot I was town reading so you can see from my perspective that it feels like you both revealed your intent. Which only proved to strengthen my town read on their slot, unless 1 of you is town and is mimicking the scum bussing.
In post 654, Spartan117 wrote:In a world where my town read on BBT is wrong and he is scum against me for the third time in a row, it could be possible for him to be partnered with Tapio or Looker, although both of them pushing to elim him doesn't make sense if one is his partner, wouldn't they try abd get a mis elim on the other from tapio or Looker rather than bus their own teammate?
In post 657, Spartan117 wrote:I had a chance to skim back through BBTs ISO but didn't get enough time to really comment on it properly and I did see in isolation him pushing on both of them in the past so there could have been some distancing done earlier on to prepare for such a situation abd BBT is very experienced.

I'm just struggling with the fact, Looker only wants to elim BBT so makes it hard to believe he is his partner, and Tapio wants to elim one of BBT or me, and I know I'm town so it just doesn't make sense.
If one of them is his partner and they elim him it's then 1v3 and the night kill will be you or Blue Snake so I know I'll be around. I just would have thought trying to elim the other from tapio or looker would have been easier.

If this world does exist I feel from my pov it would be either

Tapio/Looker
Or
Tapio/BBT

So wouldn't tapio be the better vote? And then both you and bluesnake PR the same person and they wouldn't be able to block both of you, although I suppose they could block you and kill blue snake. Does the role blocker have precidenss over the jailkeeper?
In post 664, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 648, Bellaphant wrote:am paranoid that a newbie team doesn't eliminate in bbt/Spartan night one though
I feel weird that I would have thought if BBT was scum he would night kill me night 1 like he has done previously, the fact we are both still alive and he hasn't pushed me much this game feels weird partly also why I don't think he's scum.

I thought I acted sufficiently night 1 to avoid being the night kill target and I did. Which makes me think it wouldn't have been an SE mafia.
In post 691, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 690, Tapiocaphobe wrote:
ironic
How is it ironic, you are the one asking me to go back and quote my own posts because you can't be bothered to read them... and the fact you are refusing to and refusing to give me an answer to my question proves my point...
I read your ISO and I do not see an answer to my question so I will ask again
what about BBT's play makes him more likely to be town this game as opposed to the one you mentioned earlier where he was scum?
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:58 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

you have a lot of town reading of BBT in your posts but you are
very
reticent to explain why
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:59 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

I'm around..ish for the next few hours. I don't really feel like I have much to add though
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:02 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

there is a world where spartan is bussing looker to try and win tomorrow but I think it is far, far more likely that both scum have partnered up today to try and force a miselim and win now
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:12 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

In post 657, Spartan117 wrote:I had a chance to skim back through BBTs ISO but didn't get enough time to really comment on it properly and I did see in isolation him pushing on both of them in the past so there could have been some distancing done earlier on to prepare for such a situation abd BBT is very experienced.

I'm just struggling with the fact, Looker only wants to elim BBT so makes it hard to believe he is his partner, and Tapio wants to elim one of BBT or me, and I know I'm town so it just doesn't make sense.
If one of them is his partner and they elim him it's then 1v3 and the night kill will be you or Blue Snake so I know I'll be around. I just would have thought trying to elim the other from tapio or looker would have been easier.

If this world does exist I feel from my pov it would be either

Tapio/Looker
Or
Tapio/BBT

So wouldn't tapio be the better vote? And then both you and bluesnake PR the same person and they wouldn't be able to block both of you, although I suppose they could block you and kill blue snake. Does the role blocker have precidenss over the jailkeeper?
In post 662, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 661, BlueSnakelet wrote:
In post 2, furtiveglance wrote:All Newbie games use the Natural Action Resolution system for determining Night action effects.
Mafia Roleblocker
action takes precedence over a
Town Jailkeeper
action should that apply.
Letting this come down to PRs is not ideal.
Thank you for finding that.
i also find it very unlikely that spartan wouldn't know how NAR works considering he mentioned a game in this thread with the same setup (JK, tracker, RB/goon), where he was the tracker, and where there was speculation on roleblock within the game. he's made a lot of posts detailing the possibilities on scumteams, i think he would have considered the ramifications of whether we vote mafia RB or goon today.
Tapiocaphobe
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Tapiocaphobe
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:18 am

Post by Tapiocaphobe »

if we elim BBT today my elim tomorrow is spartan