Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #6825 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:51 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

ok these two might fix in next 20 years.

anything else?
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #6826 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:57 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

I read all those things carefully and I'm really willed to change myself (to not be a freak in my own way of wording it) but it just can't happen with my current state. I know my emotional approach adds some noise to game. and yeah thats really hard for everyone else to even read my posts. but its just I'm not doing this on purpose.

and I don't do ATE as scum becuase I'm scum. Its just being me all the time.and I hate it when people just ignore me for that. I give them the right but I hate it!

my personality is like the worst personality anyone could have. even my husband can't read my emotions. I'm like a deep see full of emotions raging whit the first wind reaching it.

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6827 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:57 am

Post by T S O »

Try to rule town with a dictatorial iron fist. That's generally my towngame.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #6828 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:59 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 6825, Frozen Angel wrote:ok these two might fix in next 20 years.

anything else?

Lol, I mean, i gave you a pretty simple way to fix the driving people away/giving a lot of noise out thing. Pretty sure that is 99% of the problem you have with getting people to follow your lead.

I mean, just as an example, look at mollie. She isn't a case sort of person. She plays in an emotional way, but because she (usually) doesn't abuse people or drive them away, they're willing to fall in line and follow her lead. She has the advantage of a history of success at reading people well, but the theory is still sound. You don't NEED to express your cases well if the town WANTS to follow you. It's only if you're someone like me, who doesn't give a fuck what the town thinks about him generally and actively works to do scummy shit as town and thus expects to not be trusted, then you DO need to lay things out in a way everyone else can follow.

pedit: I don't expect you to change, and you shouldn't want to change yourself. I'm seriously just suggesting before you press the submit button, you take a breather, and then reread what you said and pretend you're saying it to you. If it's something that would upset YOU, knowing how sensitive you are, then change it and don't say it to someone else unless you mean to. :)
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6829 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:01 am

Post by Moonlight »

@FA

I'll tell you what I keep telling myself:

Don't give up. If you're bad, that's okay, you can get better. Find out what you're good at and rely on it. Find out what you're bad at and work on it. And have fun.

Here's an e-hug.

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6830 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:03 am

Post by Drixx »

While we're giving out advice: the best advice I've ever seen gathered together in one place:

Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6831 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:05 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 4486, Shiro wrote:
In post 4484, Moonlight wrote:Radja, tell the classroom where the bad Wisdom touched you.

I died XD

Also
This post was hilarious. Kudos to Shiro for making me laugh in the middle of class.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #6832 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:08 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

and thats when I fail again!

becuase I can't rule

I can't decide. the ability of taking decisions is something I lack. I go shopping and I end up staring at stuff. when a student ask me that if I have the free time to learn them I can't say no even if thats canceling my own time for studying. Its like I'm always relied to others to take the decisions for me.

pedit : I read your way cerb. and I did read drixx notes in saga. I know its hard to be understood but I can't stop talking when I have a feeling that I need to say. the fact the game is online and it needed to be typed is helping it . and maybe thats why I have this little success at this point.

its just so damn hard to don't press that damned button. If I feel the need to say something its already out of my mouth. I even shout some of my posts when I'm typing them , very load. once my neighbour asked me whats going on in here ...

I know mollie. I saw her game. she is not me. I respect she and her game. I know how she oprates is very similar with how I'm playing but its just the difference : I am a control freak. I'm a psychopath, and a mental patient. and she isn't

I suggested that I like her to be my mentor in saga. and when I said that I wasn't joking. but its just not happening.

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #6833 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:12 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 6829, Moonlight wrote:@FA

I'll tell you what I keep telling myself:

Don't give up. If you're bad, that's okay, you can get better. Find out what you're good at and rely on it. Find out what you're bad at and work on it. And have fun.

Here's an e-hug.

:D thx

I can tell you some of my strengths in game :

1 - I have a very accurate way to read people, I just misread like 3 or 4 times in my whole mafia career which contains more than 30 games)
2 - I'm very good at detecting interactions. examples are ready
3 - I'm so damn manipulative as scum. multiple people said that already
4 - I know logic and I understand logical fallacies.

my weaknesses :

so many stupid things becuase I'm emotional , sensitive and over reactionary
+ I can't have fun ever. this is like the worst part.

and thats not just about mafia. basically I'm not enjoying my existence! but whatever!

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #6834 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:18 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

oh god! why it feels so good to talk about yourself.

lol

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #6835 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:20 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

I guess the best way for that is to use a hydra partner as shield. they can make the case more logical and stuff

and they can take all the incoming attacks so I can freely and out of being over reactionary and stuff share my reads. thats why my hydra results are my only winning results and they all are so awesome and accurate.

at least this is what I believe is happening.

Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #6836 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:24 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

:P Can someone make a chrome extension for FA and our other emotional players that pretends to make the post, but really doesn't and prompts them like an hour later asking if they still want to send it? ^^
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6837 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:34 am

Post by toolenduso »

And I'd like to say, even though TWIE ended up being the perpetual bussing target, that I do believe he helped us win. I think part of the reason he wasn't lynched during the like three or four days Spiff and I were trying to lynch him is because he simply didn't do anything that people could latch onto.

And I enjoyed playing with you while you were alive, Kuroi! I think I might have said something about the jokes but you did make me laugh once or twice and that's always nice in a game where things can get dramatic real fast.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6838 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:20 pm

Post by Moonlight »

I actually felt a bit sad when Kuroi died. Considering our alignments, that should say something!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6839 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Spiff was the only person I actually wanted to lynch.

But that GS inno prevented me from getting traction.

Sighhh.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6840 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Noob
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6841 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by Moonlight »

In post 6647, Elyse wrote:
Night 2 Actions

Moonlight protects T S O. Result: Bus Driven - protects SilverWolf
TheWayItEnds jailkeeps Albert B. Rampage. Result: Successful
kelbris checks TSO. Result: Bus Driven - checks SilverWolf: No gun
randomidget shoots T S O. Result: Bus Driven - shoots SilverWolf, failed
toolenduso bus drives T S O and SilverWolf. Result: Successful
toolenduso shoots T S O. Result: Bus Driven - SilverWolf shot instead, successful
Wisdom commutes. Result: Successful
RadiantCowbells suicides. Result: Successful

Hang on.

In post 6550, Elyse wrote:
Protect:
Once per game, you may choose someone to protect.
This person will be saved from any nightkills should they be targeted.
You will then protect this person every night until either you die or they die.

Why did randomidget's shot fail, but toolen's succeed? o_O
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6842 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by toolenduso »

Maybe my shot resolved first? Either way, same result -- silver dies.

Also, fun fact: this thread has received nearly as many views as the mini normal queue.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6843 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by toolenduso »

Oh you were thinking you should have protected Silver? I mean, your protection was already used at that point on TSO. I'm guessing the result that you protected silver was a typo.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6844 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:08 pm

Post by toolenduso »

Oh wait wait I know what happened.

Your protect was on TSO from N1, and because of the seraph it extended to N2. But the protection had already resolved, meaning it wouldn't extend to whoever we drove TSO with -- the protection stayed on TSO no matter what.

So the typo in that post is saying that you protected silver. You didn't, you protected TSO -- and my shot on TSO would have failed if we hadn't driven him with silver.

Whether rando's shot succeeded or failed doesn't really matter because either way silver gets shot.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #6845 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:17 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 6645, Frozen Angel wrote:its all your fualt xtoxm

you made the first vote in lylo remember

and a note for scum if you want to win the game just let FA reach the lylo! ez win I guess!

You say the shit you said to me on the final day I will always vote you. Even then if you had reacted to in a town way i'd have unvoted but instead you pushed me as confscum when a 3-way scum coordination was required with a dead encryptor. Even when the scummy pile on started happening you were so into your tunnel that you didn't reconsider. And you really had no excuse for scumreading me given my TSO interactions.

But yes, go ahead and blame the entire loss on me.

Town had 0% chance of navigating this lylo, and I just wanted it over with, I was 90% getting mislynched regardless of the possible scumteam composition, but if it had been FA/Shiro/TWIE I figured there was an outside chance.

Even at the end the only read I was confident in was ikaslot being town.

If ika cheated then that's pretty disgusting.

I think the setup was there or abouts balanced, just super super swingy.

Thanks for modding, Elyse.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6846 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:46 pm

Post by Moonlight »

In post 6844, toolenduso wrote:Oh wait wait I know what happened.

Your protect was on TSO from N1, and because of the seraph it extended to N2. But the protection had already resolved, meaning it wouldn't extend to whoever we drove TSO with -- the protection stayed on TSO no matter what.

So the typo in that post is saying that you protected silver. You didn't, you protected TSO -- and my shot on TSO would have failed if we hadn't driven him with silver.

Whether rando's shot succeeded or failed doesn't really matter because either way silver gets shot.

I was considering this kind of scenario when I asked this:

In post 5690, Moonlight wrote:
2) If a Seraph Knight successfully applies protection to someone, would a roleblock still stop a protection in a
following
night? In other words, is the Seraph Knight considered to be applying protection every single night, or is the protection there for the rest of the game without the Seraph Knight being subject to night action resolution?

Elyse's response:

In post 5694, Elyse wrote:
2. The Seraph Knight is still subject to night action resolution, so a roleblock would stop the protection.

made me think that a bus drive would still change my target. If a roleblock still affects it, why wouldn't a bus drive?
Moonlight
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Moonlight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6847 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:51 pm

Post by Moonlight »

Whether this is mod error or me being daft, I do want to thank Elyse. Fun facts were a great touch and she kept up with this game despite the drama and the force-replace that came on D1.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6848 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:59 pm

Post by toolenduso »

Hm, somehow I missed that. Can't really answer for Elyse, but I can say that my understanding of the way seraph knight worked was that it's really an action on the night you target somebody, and that after that it's just kind of a static, passive thing. Like you've just made the player bulletproof until you die.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #6849 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:05 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Oh and forgot to say, congrats scum you played a strong game. Tool was very impressive.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”