NY 142: Rolling in the Deep, WAIT WAT? PARTY OVER?!

Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:15 am

Post by Primate »

@ScreamingHawk: I have responded to the prod. If I can't get significantly caught up tonight I won't object at all to being replaced.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:16 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 690, ThAdmiral wrote:
What?

It means your stance is wrong if you were town. If you thought people pushing a wagon who you find town are scum then thats fine, but you did not use it to find scum pushing the beck wagon so you are just using anything you can to back up your vote otherwise you would not find beck town and everyone pushing his wagon town.

Your stance summed up: someone thinks funky is scum they must be scum!

There is no way you believe that, you must be scum.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:09 am

Post by Beck »

Here is my run down on everyone's ISO

Beck - talks alot, went off on Shattered, Pine, and Rev and has acted like an asshat, has gotten much better and has seemed to focus. Most of his votes have had valid enough reasons.

Bvoigt - agrees with beck, says beck and pine are probably town, votes funky for his bandwagoning, says zde is probably town based on meta and the "angles of attack" (still don't get this), zelnick mentions pops is scummy and his attention turns on to pops but doesn't want to change his vote because he wants to see how the funky wagon goes

Chkflp - the mod, kind of lurky, I strongly FOS him ;)

DarthYoshi - same as chkflp, but I think he is town

David Parker - comes to the game late, omgus votes zel, votes rev for voting zel and has fluff posted the remainder of the time.

funky - bandwagon votes twice, generally lurky behavior, claims vig for the lulz, nothing useful from him

Hiraki - troll, plain and simple. refuses to make a case on his top scum read, attempts to misrep and discredit beck, more fluff posts and claims to have made valid points, yet nobody can find them

username - rvs bandwagon vote, really hasn't provided much content, votes Rev for post 385 which was an absolutely horrible post if rev is actually town

Pine - started off ranting and raving but has setteled down and his last couple of votes have had decent reasoning. He does fluff post some but he seems to be on track with his votes, except he hasn't really done much to interrogate amateur in a while

pops - after re-reading his first post, I sort of agree with zde that it wasn't that good, but his point was clear enough, that the zde PL attempt was bad reasoning. tbh I can't read this guy, seems to talk alot about theory and there is no real bite to any of his votes, but I agree somewhat on who he is voting for.

primate - i will catch up in the next couple of hours, 5 days later still nothing. :roll:

Rev - votes have been for fairly weak reasonings, he seems more inclinced to mis-rep people and discredit them instead of actually scum hunting. he also would rather lurker hunt than scum hunt, sword vote is terrible, even if he is lurking, there are other lurkers who are being scummy with their posts who could deserve pressure more (shattered or Hiraki are much better lurker votes) I sort of see a Hiraki and Rev connection too, but idk how strong I feel about it. Most important note, he hasn't really addressed anyone that is voting him, nor is he trying to defend himself. When I ask him to provide examples or proof of statements he makes, he just ignores them.

Screaminghawk - Bandwagon votes DP, horrible vote on me (cause I have no friends? really? :roll: ), Sides with Rev about me, but doesn't really make any effort to support it with examples, votes primal (assuming this means primate), yet another lurker hunter. Says he would vote me but likes what i have to say, but than says he would be willing to PL me.

Shattered - claims to have found 4 scum and has trolled. useless

Sky - votes rev cause rev likes town lists, while I agree with the vote, the reason was meh. votes funky like others are doing, now seems interested in knowing if the vig claim is real and won't move his vote off until it is cleared up.

Salaandar - posts decent content but his votes are not very convincing at all and not very good reasoning behind any of them, I could definitly see him being scum trying to scum hunt.

Soda - kind of lurky and his votes have been for horrible reasons, I have seen nothing useful from him

Sorg - generally useless in all of his posts, and his votes are terrible. The first zde vote I agree with, the time where he votes him for going back in hiding I also agree with, but all other votes are kind of meh and he doesn't seem to do or say anything to help catch scum.

sword - been absent most of the game, seems to have finally caught up but hasn't voted anyone yet. I can't read him at all and it's annoying but not enough to lynch yet

TheAdmiral - seems to be on the right track, his votes on Sky and Salaandar make sense and I can read their posts and agree with his reasonings for them.

theammateur - play style is very different than what people are used to, he isn't providing much content and his votes have been for weak reasons

vijay - votes funky like others do and votes shattered like others do. Both votes he comments how people are jumping on wagons, but he has jumped on 2 wagons himself. Also I find it odd that he attacked somebody for their vote (which he was wrong) but than sheeped him

Zde - horrible policy lynch suggestion, votes the person who calls his PL out for bad reasoning, says he is tired of his vote sitting on pops (notice he doesn't really try that hard to convince people to vote pops) and changes to salaandar for no reason at all

Zelnik - hasn't really been useful, his votes are for meh reasonings, and declares himself obv town when he clearly hasn't proven it.

As you can see there are a lot of useless players out there and people voting for horrible reasons, the problem is not all of them are going to be scum which is sad.

the people I am most suspicous of are Rev, Salaandar, Sky, theamateur, and Bvoigt

there are others who could possibly be lynched or pressured too like Shattered, Hiraki, vijay, etc but the 5 names I have listed above are the ones I think are more likely to flip scum than town.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:17 am

Post by Beck »

In post 701, Slandaar wrote:
In post 690, ThAdmiral wrote:
What?

It means your stance is wrong if you were town. If you thought people pushing a wagon who you find town are scum then thats fine, but you did not use it to find scum pushing the beck wagon so you are just using anything you can to back up your vote otherwise you would not find beck town and everyone pushing his wagon town.

Your stance summed up: someone thinks funky is scum they must be scum!

There is no way you believe that, you must be scum.

What does the beck wagon have to do with the funky wagon anyway? The funky wagon was our largest wagon to date, and he is most likely town. You ate attacking him cause he chose the funky wagon over my wagon really?

I don't think I had more than 3 votes on me, so why would he choose my wagon?

This argument just makes you look bad bro.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:05 am

Post by sorgster »

Beck, can you please explain how I've been generally useless in my posts and how my votes are terrible? Please use concrete examples.
Marathon Game record
1-0.5(replace out during day 1)
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:06 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 692, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 674, vijay2vasandani wrote:Sorgster, you seem to keep jumping on every available wagon. However, I have to agree that SV is an idiot. For fucks sake, you can't get it right this early. If you do, its a guess. You are bluffing.

VOTE: Shattered Viewpoint

YES, I'VE GOT SCUM. I'M JUST THAT GOOD!
Stop being cocky as fuck. Please.

This seems like you are trying to have your cake and eat it to. You are saying it is scummy for someone else to jump on a wagon, then you jump on it yourself. Furthermore it doesn't seem like you are voting SV because you think he is scum, but because he is cocky?

Style 1: I think X and Y are scum. I think X is scum because of blah blah blah. I prefer Y over that because of blah blah blah. The blahs tell you something about my alignment, and I've gotten off the lurkerlist.

Style 2: I think X and Y are scum. I just know. I refuse to share any blah with you. I'm targetting people, therefore I'm active.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:43 am

Post by iamausername »

As you may already be aware if you ever read Mafia Discussion, I'm going to be on little to no access this weekend & next week, but Faraday has agreed to temporarily replace me for that period (assuming this is OK with the mod).

But before I go, I'm going to try to post something actually substantial, because I've been kind of neglecting this game a bit. So, thoughts on everyone will be coming later tonight and/or tomorrow. Cross my heart.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:47 am

Post by Beck »

@sorg, your first vote on me was based on you misunderstanding what I said, than you vote zde, which is fine, your vote on zel was retarded, your vote on zde again is fine, you vote me bad vote, you vote shattered which is fine, however looking at the content between your posts, it's basically tunneling on zde, stupid 2 votes, and voting shattered

I don't read your iso and see any good scum hunting on anyone other than zde.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:49 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 707, Beck wrote:@sorg, your first vote on me was based on you misunderstanding what I said, than you vote zde, which is fine, your vote on zel was retarded, your vote on zde again is fine, you vote me bad vote, you vote shattered which is fine, however looking at the content between your posts, it's basically tunneling on zde, stupid 2 votes, and voting shattered

I don't read your iso and see any good scum hunting on anyone other than zde.

You would obviously be biased about my vote on you.

If someone starts saying I'm obvtown and nothing else, I consider that active lurking. Also, if a lie is told enough times people start believing it. I refuse to let scum slip through using that method.
Marathon Game record
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:53 am

Post by Beck »

Ok fine, but your votes really aren't helping the flow of the game.

Your 2nd vote on me was never going to take off, so it was wasted. You seem to turn to shattered and zel, when others turn their attention to them.

I haven't seen a Good case from you on anyone, yet.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:58 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 707, Beck wrote:@sorg, your first vote on me was based on you misunderstanding what I said, than you vote zde, which is fine, your vote on zel was retarded, your vote on zde again is fine, you vote me bad vote, you vote shattered which is fine, however looking at the content between your posts, it's basically tunneling on zde, stupid 2 votes, and voting shattered

I don't read your iso and see any good scum hunting on
anyone other than zde

In post 709, Beck wrote:Ok fine, but your votes really aren't helping the flow of the game.

Your
2nd vote on me was never going to take off
, so it was wasted. You seem to turn to shattered and zel, when others turn their attention to them.

I haven't seen a Good
case from you on anyone, yet

And about the second vote on you, day phase isn't close to ending. There aren't major bandwagons. Why are you so confident that you won't get many votes? Are you hoping that your scumbuddies will help you by calling you vi or whatever and deflect attention to others?
Marathon Game record
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:58 am

Post by sorgster »

EBWOP:Look at the last statement in each of those quotes, a clear contradiction there.
Marathon Game record
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:02 am

Post by Beck »

Not a contradiction, a "I'm on my iPhone and didn't type out the whole thing"

And I can honestly say 100% I won't get lynched today.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:03 am

Post by Beck »

Plus you didn't really make a case on zde, but you applied good pressure on him.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:30 am

Post by Pine »

In post 706, iamausername wrote:As you may already be aware if you ever read Mafia Discussion, I'm going to be on little to no access this weekend & next week, but Faraday has agreed to temporarily replace me for that period (assuming this is OK with the mod).

But before I go, I'm going to try to post something actually substantial, because I've been kind of neglecting this game a bit. So, thoughts on everyone will be coming later tonight and/or tomorrow. Cross my heart.

Oooh, Faraday. Yes please. Fun to play with regardless of your alignment, or his.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
funkybike1
funkybike1
Goon
funkybike1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:43 am

Post by funkybike1 »

In post 712, Beck wrote:Not a contradiction, a "I'm on my iPhone and didn't type out the whole thing"

And I can honestly say 100% I won't get lynched today.

In post 713, Beck wrote:Plus you didn't really make a case on zde, but you applied good pressure on him.

Well, you're right that there's no chance.
I've quit the site. Don't PM me; I won't respond.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:08 am

Post by Beck »

I eagerly await the final posts from username and hope that faraday performs better than the other experienced players.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:10 am

Post by Beck »

While we are waiting, hiraki and SV to provide real content and stop trolling
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:22 am

Post by sorgster »

In post 716, Beck wrote:I eagerly await the
final posts
from username and hope that faraday performs better than the other experienced players.

Final posts? Are you planning to kill them this night phase?
Marathon Game record
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:01 am

Post by theamatuer »

Nothing funky has posted has convinced me that he's not scum.
And Beck, to me, is town. Rev too, although his playstyle does make people consider.
Its just whatever
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:30 am

Post by Beck »

In post 718, sorgster wrote:
In post 716, Beck wrote:I eagerly await the
final posts
from username and hope that faraday performs better than the other experienced players.

Final posts? Are you planning to kill them this night phase?

See this is completely unnecessary. Username is replacing out and said he was going to post his reads before he leaves.

I haven't seen blatantly bad play like that on this site before.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

sword_of_omens
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
sword_of_omens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by sword_of_omens »

i'm sorry but , Slaandar, i've read your recent posts against ThAd 3 times and i still can't make sense of it...

Beck, the issue i have with you is not what you say, but how you say it...all of your posts are angry...you seem to honestly be trying but you are way too aggressive...don't get me wrong, aggression can be a good thing (when it's needed) but you seem angry/bitter in almost every single post i read of yours..... i think if you would calm down a bit, people might start to listen to you more...

i'm going to ISO Slaandar and a few others tonight or tomorrow and post...
- Sword of Omens -
Claiming at L-4 since 2011
sorgster
sorgster
Mafia Scum
sorgster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by sorgster »

I must have missed that post then beck. My mistake.
Marathon Game record
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by Beck »

A person sounding angry shouldn't negate the things I say, you can ignore my tone, but shouldn't ignore anyone's content.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by Hiraki »

I'm ignoring Beck.

Trust me guys.

This is really pro-town.

ThA is town. Stop questioning me.

Not getting the funkybike wagon. He's a newbie and he's null. Nothing scummy.

Iamusername: Why are you voting Parker?

@Mod: Does Zdenek have a double vote or not?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”