Skrrgh
Skrrgh
Townie
Skrrgh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:41 am

Post by Skrrgh »

I am a townie who likes fruit apparently. I suppose DS chose some random object for me to purchase.
Oh man if Tori Amos were here right now she'd need so many hugs from me. [url=http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11252003]- Roastbeef[/url]
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:53 am

Post by Werebear »

I figured one was a banker or a townie, and the other was a townie, personally. My result of ammunition was pretty specific.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:07 am

Post by massive »

TSS: The only problem with assuming that Thoth is the Rogue Sheriff is that I investigated him already, and got a negative result.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:22 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

I will probably be unavailable until Sunday- possibly tomorrow night, though.
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:59 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Alright guys,

Here is a role claim from me ... I am the Banker, of which a Role Blocker. I will post who Ages and I blocked starting from Night 1 later on, but just thought that you would want that out there really quick.
Skrrgh
Skrrgh
Townie
Skrrgh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:08 am

Post by Skrrgh »

Werebear wrote:I figured one was a banker or a townie, and the other was a townie, personally. My result of ammunition was pretty specific.
NanookTheWolf wrote:Alright guys,

Here is a role claim from me ... I am the Banker, of which a Role Blocker. I will post who Ages and I blocked starting from Night 1 later on, but just thought that you would want that out there really quick.
I'm skeptical, if only because Werebear said "maybe a banker of sorts would purchase a fine wallet from my store" and then you pop in saying "you guessed the very Truth, I
am
the banker". Not to mention that if Massive is telling the truth about his position and TSS is indeed innocent, you're the only candidate left for the rogue sheriff position. Nanook, you got some 'splainin to do.
Oh man if Tori Amos were here right now she'd need so many hugs from me. [url=http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11252003]- Roastbeef[/url]
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:03 pm

Post by Werebear »

Except if our other data is accurate, we DID have an unknown role blocker last night. But then again, why would a banker beat someone up?
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:16 pm

Post by Tigris »

*Rereads Werebear's post a few times*
At the risk of sounding obtuse, huh? I don't see evidence of a role-blocker last night. I would presume though that a banker-role blocker would pay someone to not perform their action; however, personally I'm still leaning towards nanook being the rogue sheriff.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:29 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Well, I promise I will explain later, right now I'm heading off to a party. Just so you know last night I blocked Tigris, and the night before Jaylen. Sorry Jaylen, I had no clue you were a cop. Hopefully, that will give you guys something to go on in the mean time, as my mind will not be able to tackle this later.

Just remember too that I was a big part in getting two scum lynched earlier in the game, so if I were you guys I wouldn't strike that out right now. As for who I think is scum, that would be Tigris and Skrrgh at the moment.

Gotta Go.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:55 pm

Post by Tigris »

Well, here's the situation from my point of view, we had three kills. TSS would never have said 'crap' if Jaylen had been anti-town, unless tss himself is anti-town. However, if this is the case then there are still two killers, as Thoth did not even get out of his house, so I sincerely doubt that he killed last night.

TSS and I have both admitted to killing in the past, however, only one of the three kills came from us last night and Thoth did not appear as if he killed anyone, so that leaves at least one killer between nanook, massive, werebear, and skrrrgh (one is assuming both jaylen and tss are evil and thus one of the kills came from jaylen, more then a bit of a stretch imo). Since none of them have admitted to killing anyone that pushes my thoughts of at least one of them being scum to a confirmation.

Bear, I would really like to know what you were talking about in regards to a role-blocker that beats someone up. That really does not go well with any of the claims that I've heard so far and everyone has claimed to my knowledge, so it might help catch someone in a lie.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:45 pm

Post by Werebear »

Hm. Let me use an example. In "Harry Potter" mafia, there was a roleblocker, who was a boggart. This boggart would pick a target, transform into their worst nightmare, making them faint, so they couldn't carry out their abilities that night. In the game, I was Snape. Night 1, I saw Voldemort, and passed out. I"recovered" much later in the night, and went back to my dungeon classroom. So I wasn't able to perform my night 1 action.

That's what a roleblocker does, prevent someone from doing their night action. I protected massive, so any killing done towards him would have been prevented. However, he was beat up and out of commission last night, so my natural assumption is there's some role like "bully" who has a night action of beating up someone, and preventing their target from performing their night action.

Does that make my logic clearer?
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2004 4:08 pm

Post by Tigris »

*reads a few times, looks back through thread* Uhm, but didn't massive get a result? Skrrgh isn't the rogue sheriff? Unless I'm missing quite a bit, that's what I'm reading occured.
massive wrote:I'm not waiting for any mod feedback (Skrrgh isn't the Rogue Sheriff), so that leaves Nanook and tss
You protected massive? In this game or Harry Potter? But your claim is an investigative one in this one isn't it? *is really confussled*
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:45 pm

Post by massive »

Yeah, and I didn't get beat up in this game. Werebear is thinking of King's Court. :)
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:03 pm

Post by Werebear »

It has literally been years since I mixed up mafia games. :oops: Apologies to all, PLEASE disregard that drivel entirely.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:25 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Vote Count

None!

Not voting: Everybody!
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:44 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Tigris, there's an important point I want you to clear up. Is this how your list of claimed night actions looks?
Night 1: the silent speaker
Night 2: Yggdrasil
Night 3: God
Night 4: no one
Night 5: no one
Night 6: no one
Night 7: no one
If not, what needs correcting?
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:59 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Jaylen wrote:Also I had an interesting thing happen last night - apparently I could not carry out my night action due to... financial problems...
Just thought that I would point this out in order to help in my defense...
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:56 am

Post by Tigris »

Night 6: Werebear

What drivel are you refering to? :wink: I'm just glad I'm not insane (irl) ^_^
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:05 am

Post by Tigris »

Would edit to add this, but can't. *sigh* You actually had me questioning my recollection of the game, which is why I wondered if I was insane irl. ^_^
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:35 pm

Right then.
Game recap:
Night 1: one kill, a shooting. Flavor text indicated a cowboy; since PopsicleStix was a hat tipper I assume this was the work of the McGills.
Day 1: mathcam lynched. Role alignment not made clear.
Night 2: One kill, a stabbing. We know this was not the work of the McGills, as Tigris has taken responsibility for it.
Day 2: bloojay lynched, and was pro-town.
Night 3: Two kills: one shooting and one stabbing. Tigris has admitted the stabbing, but either the McGills missed two kills running or they did the shooting.
Day 3: Narninian lynched, and was Mafia.
Night 4: One kill, a shooting. Again, flavor text does not suggest a McGill nor does it rule one out.
Day 4: d8P lynched, and was pro-town.
Night 5: One kill, a shooting.
Day 5: PopsicleStix lynched, and was Mafia.
Night 6: Two kills -- Modargo, who was shot, and an unidentified stabbing victim who survived because he had the good fortune to be protected by Modargo that night.
Day 6: Gaspode lynched, and was Mafia.
Night 7: For the first time, the shootings numbered more than one; the killings numbered more than two; and withal there were no stabbings. One death was a townie, one was a pro-town role but one claimed by someone else, and one was the someone else -- significantly, role alignment not stated.
I was the one to shoot Jaylen. If one of the other kills was the work of a victim, such as if Jaylen had a one-shot vig ability like mine (which passes the plausibility test as the real sherriff would have excellent reason to shoot a claimant to the role) there is one shooting evil left. That one evil cannot be Tigris, because he's the stabber, and it cannot be the other dead guy from last night, because then the game would have already been over. It cannot be me because I was busy shooting someone else that night. It is highly unlikely to be Werebear, because he handed us a McGill who didn't have to be handed over, which means he oughtn't be one himself and moreover has the investigative power he claims. It is highly unlikely to be Skrrgh and slightly less so but still unlikely to be Nanook, since they have been cop-cleared; if it is a McGill then it is still more unlikely to be Nanook, because he spearheaded the campaign against Narninian.
That leaves one person: massive. I put forward that massive himself is our rogue sherriff, if indeed he didn't invent the role out of whole cloth.
vote: massive.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Skrrgh
Skrrgh
Townie
Skrrgh
Townie
Townie

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:26 pm

Post by Skrrgh »

In the games I've played with TSS, when he gets this analytical he's usually onto something good.
vote:massive
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:10 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Vote Count

Massive (Skrrgh, TheSilentSpeaker)

4 to lynch

-DS
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:39 am

Post by massive »

Yeah he's on to something good, because he's the only one I haven't cleared, and he knows it.

vote the silent speaker
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:07 am

I am? What's Nanook, chopped liver? And you took a week and a half to vote me by process of elimination? I don't think so.
Plus, even if I were the rogue sherriff, my whereabouts are accounted for last night, and there's one shooting at least that isn't. That must have been you.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:13 am

Post by massive »

The remaining players:

Nanook: the only claim that matches the ability that blocked Jaylen. We know Jaylen is pro-town.

Skrrgh: I checked - not the rogue sheriff.

Tigris: I checked - not the rogue sheriff.

Werebear: I checked - not the rogue sheriff.

The only reason I hadn't voted for you up until then is because I was missing Jaylen's confirmation of Nanook's ability. Thoth, who is unlisted, isn't the rogue sheriff .. I checked him. The other shooting could have been Tigris, who we know is a killer and is unconfirmed as anything BUT "not the rogue sheriff" ... but I can only work with the knowledge I have, and therefore you have to be the rogue sheriff.

I wouldn't have come out when I did if I wasn't telling the truth. There was no pressure, we were practically in twilight with an admitted scum in the gallows. I needed to make sure that the town had the information that I had. I'm surprised I'm not dead, although any smart player could make the same gambit you are now by leaving me alive.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”