Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:34 pm

Post by Human Destroyer »

This is why I shouldn't vote in 3p LYLO: I'LL ALWAYS SCREW IT UP. Anyway yeah that's really why we lost, Pirate Mollie was obvscum and interacted weirdly with Cheery Dog and Empking so I was relatively certain it was one of them; it ended up being Rob. I'll keep this one as a lesson though: DON'T VOTE IN 3P LYLO HD. DON'T DO IT.

^that's what I put on my wiki page, because that's pretty much how I'd describe this one
Are you ready for this?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:38 pm

Post by kuribo »

rob was giving me the heebie jeebies a bit, but in the end, i fell into my usual trap of tunneling on the wrong player

it's just that i tunneled on Emp without the capslocking and rage that usually accompanies it

Not sure if being nicer resulted in me being a better player. It probably helped me get Mollie lynched, because even though I knew the "case" against her was somewhat bullshit, I managed to back her into a scummy reaction. Usually I have to spend two days yelling and bullying the town to get that far. So I'm happy that I effected her lynch without calling anyone any names. I guess.

Playing nicer wasn't as much fun for me as screaming at people, but it was probably more fun for you guys.

Maybe I need to find a balance.

And yes, Rob, I'm rusty, as you pointed out in the scum QT. I had a pretty shitty year, both in my personal life (and frankly, as town in mafia games last year), and as I say I took some time off.

Lately I've found it way harder to be town than scum.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:38 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 722, kuribo the white wrote:In short, I suppose I should have just raged as always.

No. You played a great game from the second you replaced in. The kill was an obvious choice because you were ObvTown and were probably smart enough to figure out it was me.

@HD - In 3p LyLo, you never vote early because one bad vote can lead to scum quick-hammering, which is what happened here. Your pre-conceived notions coming into LyLo don't matter as far as this goes. LyLo is the one time where you should probably use all the time given to you (or most of it at least) in the deadline, even if you're 95% sure you know who the scum is. The only exception is when claims clear a person or you have a cop-guilty on someone, but neither of those came into play here.

@Mod - Just so you know, what I meant in the scum QT was that it seemed to me like checking online statuses was more mod action than holding the submission of my action until a certain time, which is why I thought you would be more likely to be willing to do the latter. I did a piss poor job of communicating this, though, and I probably shouldn't have tried to communicate my opinion at all because, in hindsight, it came across as calling out your decision. I apologize for this.
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:39 pm

I do have to say

Some of the posts in that dead QT gave me chuckles
Are you ready for this?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:42 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

@ThAd, sorry for remaining on your wagon, After I finished doing whatever with complaining about stupid stuff to test you I realised you were town, but deadline made me leave my vote on you.

@Rob were you actually telling the truth with what I was attacking you for with at day 1 lynch 2?

@HD, Rob interacted weirdly with Siv at one stage as well (my starting suspicion on Mollie was actually just because of that), you need to examine all aspects before voting in lylos
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:44 pm

Post by Rob14 »

@Kuribo - Try to find a happy medium by playing aggressively but civilly. I like to play aggressively most of the time (this game was somewhat of an exception after the first lynch because I was on defense for a large portion of the game and then trying to lay somewhat low). I make sure never to get to the point of screaming or insulting players, though. Aggressiveness finds scum better than being passive, in my experience, but you reach a point where becoming any more aggressive (screaming, insulting, etc) just makes people filter you out. You want to fit in just a little before that point.

P-edit: I was telling the truth, Cheery, and I was so unbelievably frustrated that I had no way to prove it. I was trying to defend myself without looking like scum caught for the wrong reasons, but I was having a hard time doing so. I'm amazed that you didn't call me out as being caught for the wrong reasons because in hind-sight I didn't respond to your pressure well.

Where did I react weirdly with Siv?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:44 pm

Post by kuribo »

I kinda want Voided's opinion on my change in play style, since he had the (mis)fortune of being town with me in Revolution Mafia

(at one point in that game, I believe I told him to "shut his whore mouth")

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:46 pm

Post by saulres »

In post 727, Rob14 wrote:@Mod - Just so you know, what I meant in the scum QT was that it seemed to me like checking online statuses was more mod action than holding the submission of my action until a certain time, which is why I thought you would be more likely to be willing to do the latter.

No, it's all good. I explained what I did and I did it both nights, and I don't think it hurt at all. I'm known for checking players' activity so I'm used to it :P

HD, read Rob's second paragraph in 727 and take it to heart.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:47 pm

Post by Rob14 »

By the way, the lack of deadline extension on the first day was a good call. The replacements had 72 hours, which is enough time. They had both caught up as much as they ever really did by the end of the deadline. I would have been kind of pissed if the deadline had been extended. I am admittedly biased on this, though.
Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:47 pm

It was still a fun game though, even if I royally fucked it up

Oh well, experience is the best teacher, no?

P-Edit: I will.
Are you ready for this?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:48 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 733, Rob14 wrote:By the way, the lack of deadline extension on the first day was a good call. The replacements had 72 hours, which is enough time. They had both caught up as much as they ever really did by the end of the deadline. I would have been kind of pissed if the deadline had been extended. I am admittedly biased on this, though.

that's the other thing. I never bothered to catch up. I had no intention of catching up before the deadline, and said so.

This is a strategy I have used before as town.

I have never won a town game by not catching up before the first lynch. I blame myself for that.

Human Destroyer
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Human Destroyer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:50 pm

Oh also those little blurb things at the top of votecounts were amusing

Also one was Zdoom; that's some good taste saulres! :P
Are you ready for this?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:52 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 730, Rob14 wrote:P-edit: I was telling the truth, Cheery, and I was so unbelievably frustrated that I had no way to prove it. I was trying to defend myself without looking like scum caught for the wrong reasons, but I was having a hard time doing so. I'm amazed that you didn't call me out as being caught for the wrong reasons because in hind-sight I didn't respond to your pressure well.

Where did I react weirdly with Siv?

I think it's because I was attacking you for reasons I didn't believe myself, well it started out fine, but then I just continued on because it seemed to be heading somewhere. (which I guess was true about being caught for the wrong reasons, but I thought you were defending yourself well at the time).

I found your vote on Siv lynch 1 to be weird when you dropped it, I did question into that after I was slowly dropping the above attack of wrong reasons (because I felt there was still something to get), but I confused myself out of it.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:54 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 736, Human Destroyer wrote:Oh also those little blurb things at the top of votecounts were amusing

Saulres for best flavor text (if scummie noms weren't closed).

Also, who's bright idea was it to start posting walls in the dead QT? Like seriously. What in the flying fuck.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:56 pm

Post by kuribo »

I still think optimal scum strategy would have been for mollie to hammer Empking and make us work harder for her lynch

Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:59 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 739, kuribo wrote:I still think optimal scum strategy would have been for mollie to hammer Empking and make us work harder for her lynch

I agree. Her hammering empking would be a 100% guaranteed empking kill. She did a great job of buddying up to empking, but leaving him alive still leaves the remote chance that he'll weasel his way out of being lynched. It leaves something up to chance when it just isn't necessary.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:00 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

^Which is why I would have liked him to have posted something.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:05 pm

Post by kuribo »

Empking had been blissfully ignoring the game up until that point, and honestly I just didn't feel like waiting two days for him to come back to the thread, post two lines that had nothing to do with the scum lynch, and then disappear again.

Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:08 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 741, Cheery Dog wrote:^Which is why I would have liked him to have posted something.

Yeah, lol.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:11 pm

Post by Rob14 »

You should all go sign up for Open 475 because it has me in it and I'm awesome. (but mostly because I'm in the mod queue for opens and I want to reach the top more quickly)
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:14 pm

Post by kuribo »

believe it or not, i don't usually play Opens

I prefer closed setups just because theme games and closed setups allow more claiming fun

Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:34 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 738, Rob14 wrote:Saulres for best flavor text (if scummie noms weren't closed).

OH HEY. Just realized the 2013 Scummie Nominations are already opened. I've went ahead and nominated Saulres for best flavor text. This is by far the best I've ever seen flavor done outside of a theme game, and it beats most theme games too. The Zombie-related factoids in the vote counts were funny and had me cracking up at time.

By the way:

In post 710, saulres wrote:
I can't believe I didn't mention Urban Dead, an online MMO about a zombie apocalypse that's free, easy, and fun to play. Or at least it was when I played it years ago.

This game sucks, you liar. I played it years ago and it was terri-bad.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:42 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 721, Cheery Dog wrote:Why you do that hd. Never fucking vote that early in lylo

This. 3 player lylo can actually be really fun - everything is on a knife's edge. Just don't vote first post back in. Lesson learned.

Congrats to rob, you successfully muddied the waters enough so that my case on you didn't seem as cut-and-dry as it was. More often than not scum give up, try to lurk it out, or become overly hostile when faced with a similar situation and you didn't fall in to any of these traps.

Thanks to saulres for modding - the zombie facts were great fun throughout and you ensured activity stayed up for the most part. I personally think a little more time for the replacements would have been ideal, but it's a minor quibble.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:00 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 727, Rob14 wrote:@HD - In 3p LyLo, you never vote early because one bad vote can lead to scum quick-hammering,

Pretty much what I think, only said nicely.

In post 731, kuribo wrote:I kinda want Voided's opinion on my change in play style, since he had the (mis)fortune of being town with me in Revolution Mafia

(at one point in that game, I believe I told him to "shut his whore mouth")

Meh, some yelling is good for you. I actually kinda enjoy it when Fate gets crazy and capsy sometimes because it's honestly funny at times. I think you just need to find a good cap (Pardon) on the amount of rage you use, is all.

(also, I know you love me, so 'sall good.)

Did anyone really not read Mollie's attack on me near the end of D1.5 as scummy? Or was I just biased toward myself?
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:25 am

Post by pirate mollie »

YAYE!!!! Image

I didn't realise the game had ended and was responding to voided's latest wot on the dead qt when all of this was going down! lol. I was really enjoying that convo actually.

go rob! I knew you could do it. Image

I explained the reasons for what I did in more depth in my latest response to voided which was after the game had already finished. usually when I am scum I can judge town herd mentality and anticipate where it will go. it didn't look good for me! and I did not want to implicate rob.

I will take in the feedback on site meta I received from voided and salures. thank you both for your input.

thanks for the game salures!
whew!

Return to “Completed Open Games”