Mafia 51: No Use for a Title - Game over!

TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:57 am

Post by TBuG »

Max, scum
Glork, town
Twomz, town
TEOM, town
CTD, town

is my full list.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:20 am

Post by Twomz »

You know what... Pbug is right.
Vote: CTD
I think this is the first time i've voted for someone before a personal deadline :?. (Btw, that's hammah)
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:27 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

Go town.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:36 am

Post by TBuG »

Funny. If you're town, I'll eat my hat. Then vote pj.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:41 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

My position in the claim order had noting to do with convenience. As you might remember, PBug was the one who made the list order, and he had me go last. I could just as easily have been first; it was his choice.

Further, I asked to go last, and if you remember, I even made a post where I explicitly mentioned that Masons should claim
last
(and then subsequently asked to claim last). That post is here. I have been nothing but consistent.

Also, I have hinted at my Mason role since the very beginning of the game. My Post 647 makes this clear.

PPE:

Same here, PBug. I'm fairly sure CTD is scum. And if he isn't, I know exactly where my vote is going tomorrow.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:00 pm

Post by TBuG »

Dammit, I hope CTD
is
scum, because if he isn't, pj deserves to win...
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:59 pm

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Bah, go town! I know you all can do it!
The end justifies the means.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:36 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Vote count:

3 CTD (PBug, petroleumjelly, Twomz)

not voting (2): CrashTextDummy, TheEyeOfMordor

"Sanity calms, but madness is more interesting" - John Russell

CrashTextDummie -
Psychopath
- has been lynched

It is night..

....whoa, really?

Ya rly. Night 6, deadline:
Wednesday the 16th - 1800 EST
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:54 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

"Look at all the sentences which seem true and question them" - David Reisman

Nobody has died.

It is now Day 6, with 4 alive it takes 3 to lynch.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:02 pm

Post by TBuG »

Wow, looks like the GF wants to stay as safe as possible... pj, this is up to us, we need to lynch right. I'm of the mindset that you're confirmed, and at this point, I should think you view me as confirmed. We have Twomz and Mordor, and we have to lynch right or we lose.

I didn't investigate because there was no point.

pj, I'll do what you think is right, you are the only 100% confirmed player in the game... So it only fits that the game should hinge on your decision :P
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:41 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

T_T

Why me?

Okay, I think we're either dealing with a Mafia GF, or
more
likely, a Mafia Traitor who was simply never recruited, and thus cannot kill.

Notably: all posts from deceased Mafiates are hereby deemed moot. For that reason, things which led me to believe Twomz was not Mafia earlier (through Vikingfan's posts) are no longer applicable, since the Mafia did not know who the Traitor was.

I pretty much have to go on faith that PBug is a Cop. If he is the Traitor or the GF, his gambit was
excellent
. At the time he claimed, he could not know whether or not there were other Cops with flipped results. A Traitor would of course be able to easily fake a Sane Cop claim, since all they have to do is to call one player guilty and another innocent. To be completely frank, however, I can't see a Traitor busing his
final partner
simply to prove himself, knowing that there were two SKs who could easily take him out simply for his essentially confirmed status.

So, that leaves Twomz and TheEyeofMordor.

I'll read over the game and see what I can see. We should definitely have Twomz and TheEyeofMordor defend themselves and make cases against each other, and I'll try to present cases for each of them as well.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:44 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Oh, actually, thought bubble.

If we're dealing with a Traitor who was never recruited, this game might already be won. We lynch one today, they cannot kill tonight, and we lynch the other tomorrow. Town win.

I'll play as if we're in LyLo, however.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:23 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

For the record, here's what I'm thinking:

80% chance that TEOM is Traitor/GF
20% chance that Twomz is Traitor/GF

I've just thought Twomz has been town for... quite a while. Maybe it's 'cause he makes me laugh, I don't know yet.

Still reading.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:34 pm

Post by Twomz »

MOD
If the traitor wasn't recruited, wouldn't he be concidered town, thus the game would be over?

We could be dealing w/ a GF that wants us to believe that the traitor is still alive, thus we could lynch someone then they'd NK and we'd lose. Alternatively, the mafia might want us to NL, then they No Kill, then we NL, ect til a "happily ever after" ending.

I suppose in the end the most likely explination is that Mordor is the Traitor. (or alternatively, that i'm the traitor, but i know i'm not) After reading through his posts a few things jumped out at me.
Mordor wrote:Please remember that CES is only innocent half of the time. The cop could be sane(innocent stands), naive(no use) and insane(actually guilty).
Is there any reason why people are going after viper other then it being a random bandwagon?
Followed by
If I really wanted to string CES up I would have voted for him....
He never voted for CES, and, if he was the traitor, he would have known that he was mafia. (ie, he was distancing, but he never voted him)

Over the next few game days, he manages to vote viper (deputy) and DP (nurse). Then he votes max, but unvotes him and votes Glork after just 1 rl Day. (Glork was doc btw, not that it matters, he wouldn't know that anyway)

THIS post caught my attention...
Me, no I am not Mafia or a Godfather. You are just paranoid.....
Mainly because i was looking for "traitor". Slip or did he just forget to add it in? Possibly a tip to the mafia?
I am suprised that you(PBug), Glork and I all survived the Night. I was expecting at least one of us to die. But now we know that there is a doc in the game, I am thinking that if scum(Any living Mafia or SK's) claim then the Doc should counterclaim at once.
I am not sure who I suspect of being scum at the moment but there are a few people who come to mind.
But first I want M-M to clarify his statement that I was on earlier about it being very unlikely that Twomz was Townie. I am sort of interested in hearing his reasoning for that statement.
Tries to draw out doc for mafia. Never elaborates on who those "few people" are. Sort of FOSs me, then says he's "sort of" interested in my statement (i don't know what statement it was, i'm just looking at his posts).
Wouldn´t he of then been marked as a Traitor?
Seems like he knows the traitor didn't die. Possibly another hint for the mafia to recruit him. (about as much of a tell as leaving out traitor from the list of scum roles earlier)

And here are his last three posts.
If I were Psychopath, I would have claimed yesterday. Then I would be pretty sure of a victory. Therefore it was incorrect to check me out. I think that PJ and PBuG are cleared.
I believe Twomz
. I know I am not the Psychopath, if I were then CTD is Mafia. Therefore Coron, M-M and CTD are left over for lynching.
I think CTD replaced you ChannelDelibird.
I do believe Twomz
so I am thinking about rather voting M-M so Vote: Machiavellian-Mafia. The plan seems fine to me.
Twomz
and CTD. Are you 2 ready to fess up to being any sort of scum, from a non killing Godfather to the Psychopath?
I believe you, I believe you... now fess up to being scum. :?

Also, he leaves traitor out of the list of possible roles again. (habit?)

I suggest Mordor breaks down my posts as well, and defends my points against him. Then i'll defend against his points. I'm pretty sure he's the traitor... but i'm not going to vote him til i get an answer for my question, and we can all (or at least 3 of us) agree on a win/win plan (like PJs above, as long as there's no way to lose). Also, PJ, when did you inspect Mordor and myself? Have you inspected both of us since after the last scum died?
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:24 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

I'm just a Mason, Twomz. I gots no night-choices, except telling the Mod stuff like:
Hypothetical PM to the Mod wrote:Well, I'll be off skulking around doing Masonic... stuff. Like building flying buttresses. And talking to myself. Seeing as my partner died, and all. Yeah. I'm still here, though. Plz don't replace me. Kthxbai.
And actually, many of the things I noticed about TEOM, Twomz just pointed out. TEOM seems to keep 'forgetting' mentioning the word Traitor.

But there is one thing bugging me. The day Max was lynched (Day Three), Max said this:
Max wrote:If mafia have got a traitor not recruited so far then they will probably recruit as alot of themafia are down."
At the time of this post, Max would have been the last Mafiate.

If Max recruited the Traitor at that time, then TEOM was not recruited (due to PBug's result innocent result on TEOM that very night). This means that if TEOM is scum, he is either a Godfather
who has not killed for four nights in a row
, or he is an unrecruited Traitor.

However, on that same day, Twomz was coming under threat of lynch... and his
first
instinct was to vote for Max! I don't see a Traitor role deflecting attention to the last living Mafiate at that point. At that time, TEOM implied that Max was scum over Glork, but in the end, voted for Glork. Another large point against TEOM.

Also, reading through my posts, I find it humorous that I was dead on for one Serial Killer (ChannelDelibird) and dead off on the other (UberTimmy).

Further, I still don't understand the Machiavellian-Mafia lynch. I wish I had had a say on that, because I fairly confident he was town. Argh. We might not have been in this mess in the first place if that day hadn't gone so quickly.
PJ wrote:
Town

PetroleumJelly (obviously)

Likely Town

PBug
Coron
Machiavellian-Mafia
Twomz

Currently Ambivalent

Ubertimmy
Glork

Probably Scum

ChannelDelibird
TheEyeofMordor
Also, I really hope TEOM is scum so this post will make it look like I actually knew what in the hell I was doing during the game. >.>

Actually, dangit. I really don't like Post 670. Curse you, Twomz.

Also:
Twomz wrote:This plan has about a 99% chance of hitting the Psycho before we get to the endgame.
At this point in the game, the only scum we knew was in the game was the Psycho. Twomz, what made you think there would be an endgame scenario past lynching the Psychopath?

Bah! Bah, bah, bah. Stupid second-guessing. I'm still favoring TEOM over a Twomz lynch, though.

Twomz: Are you
ever
scum?! Argh.
TheEyeOfMordor
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:08 pm

Post by TheEyeOfMordor »

About CES: There I was just pointing out statistics. They go up or down depending on cops claiming.
Mafia or Godfather: Killing groups. Mentioning that I am "traitor" or not will not do much good if they can recruit me without knowing who I am.
Next 2 posts: Misunderstanding of roles, which has happened quite a lot to me in this game. And unless there is a Godfather who is with me in the Mafia, trying to lure out a doc would have no consequences.
Last 3 posts. I considered you cleared while there were still many people out. You probably still are town. However that also means that PBug is the Traitor, which is also unlikely. The last post was a gambit to capture CTD.
It would be easy enough for scum to claim cop as they know who are scum or not. Or Twomz might just be lying about his townie claim. I think that more unlikely. So
Vote: PBug
for now. I
In the name of Mark Lazarus....
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:44 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Voting for PBug?

Try again there, buster. Your only option today is Twomz.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:06 pm

Post by Twomz »

Erm... Yeah. I'm pretty close to voting Mordor right now. Any objections, thoughts, PBPAs, ect?
PJ wrote: Twomz: Are you ever scum?! Argh.
I've started off as scum twice and been a recruit (that wasn't recruited) once. In the game where I was recruit, i announced it day 1 (thank goodness the mafia's recruitment was blocked :D).

However, I am scum on scumchat quite often.
At this point in the game, the only scum we knew was in the game was the Psycho. Twomz, what made you think there would be an endgame scenario past lynching the Psychopath?
I try to always assume that there's scum left, so when there is a scum left at the endgame after we "killed all the scum" we've got a backup plan. To be honest, when I saw that the game was still going, I thought "oh noes, GF kills PJ or Pbug tonight and we have to lynch tomorrow." For some reason I hadn't thought there was a traitor til after PJ mentioned earlier that there was a chance that the traitor might not be able to NK.
mordor wrote:About CES: There I was just pointing out statistics. They go up or down depending on cops claiming.
That's not what the point was about. The point was, that you said you thought CES was scummy, but never voted him, and he turned out scum.
Mafia or Godfather: Killing groups. Mentioning that I am "traitor" or not will not do much good
if they can recruit me without knowing who I am.
I consider that a slip as well... but I suppose it's an honest one, and it could be interpretted as you are saying hypathetically.
Next 2 posts: Misunderstanding of roles, which has happened quite a lot to me in this game. And unless there is a Godfather who is with me in the Mafia, trying to lure out a doc would have no consequences.
? What does luring the doc out have to do w/ GFs?
Last 3 posts. I considered you cleared while there were still many people out. You probably still are town. However that also means that PBug is the Traitor, which is also unlikely. The last post was a gambit to capture CTD.
I doubt the traitor would claim cop. The GF might though. I'm still inclined to believe PBug.
It would be easy enough for scum to claim cop as they know who are scum or not. Or Twomz might just be lying about his townie claim. I think that more unlikely. So Vote: PBug for now. I
I'm assuming there's more to it, but you got cut off or something. Also, PJ is right about i'm the only other candidate. I suppose I'll look back over Pbugs posts before we lynch (you or me i guess)
TheEyeOfMordor
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:27 pm

Post by TheEyeOfMordor »

If I am the Traitor luring the doc out won't matter if I don't have a killer to kill him with.
Is there any reasoning for not lynching PBug other than he has been rather consitant with his cop claim?
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:34 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

I don't even understand what you're saying at this point.

Claimed Roles Left

Twomz - Townie
TheEyeofMordor - Townie
PBug - Sane Cop, with proven results
PetroleumJelly - Mason

The fact that PBug actually has proven results is a pretty good argument for not lynching him, I would say. The fact that (if he was scum) he threw his final partner under the bus on
Day Three
, which would essentially confirm his results and his status, and
further
leave him the sole member of his Mafia group who would have to survive multiple nights of SK kills from both ChannelDelbird and UberTimmy, is a good argument for not lynching him, I would say. The fact that his behavior throughout the whole game matches his claimed results is a good argument for not lynching him, I would say.

I am sorely tempted to vote for you right now, but I don't want to rush to judgment here.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:33 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Twomz wrote:
MOD
If the traitor wasn't recruited, wouldn't he be concidered town, thus the game would be over?
No.

TheEyeOfMordor
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:48 am

Post by TheEyeOfMordor »

PJ: Assuming that I am the Mafia Traitor, and that I do not have a Godfather with me at this point, why would luring the doctor out help me at all? I wouldn't be able to kill. And even if you argue that the Traitor(who would be me in this scenario) want's the doctor out so that the SK's kill him then how would that help him win? The only way for the Traitor to win then would have been to get the 2 SK's to nightkill eachother leaving me(the Traitor) as lone survivor. And the only way to get to that endgame would be to first get into a 4 player endgame and then lynch the lone Town. The doctor wouldn't effect the chances of the Traitor that much and that is why if I were the Traitor luring the doc out wouldn't do me much good.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:30 am

Post by TBuG »

Vote: TEOM
Good job there, voting the confirmed cop.

pj, it looks like we only have the GF left. If TEOM is the traitor, we win; if Twomz is the traitor, he can't kill, we lynch him tomorrow.

P.S. This kicks ass:

[quote="petroleumjelly]
Hypothetical PM to the Mod wrote:Well, I'll be off skulking around doing Masonic... stuff. Like building flying buttresses. And talking to myself. Seeing as my partner died, and all. Yeah. I'm still here, though. Plz don't replace me. Kthxbai.
[/quote]

PJ, you kick ass.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:30 am

Post by TBuG »

damn you quote tags!

AND CAPS LOCK BUTTON!
TheEyeOfMordor
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
TheEyeOfMordor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:34 am

Post by TheEyeOfMordor »

PBug, explain how you have been confirmed. It is unlikely that you are Mafia, but it is possible. I think it even less possible that Twomz is Mafia so I am voting you. Any questions?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”