Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #7426 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:35 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 7402, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:Because nobody has paid next to any attention to him
I'm ... not sure why that's beating your reasons for being sus of me/dats?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7427 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:24 am

Post by Alyssa The Lamb »

Yolo
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7428 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:06 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Ok so like 2 days left ...
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7429 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:18 am

Post by catboi »

In post 7370, Kaiji wrote:when looking back to d1 - catboi is fairly wishy washy and is not solving at all *even on d1* and you know who calls this out? Faker does. Faker gets on his ass near EoD1 and pushes catboi to do *something* and threatens to push catboi if they sit on their ass.

you know who died n1?

Faker.

The death isn't conclusive evidence - but its a flipped town voice that was against catboi early on.
Okay, first of all, Faker expressed dissatisfaction with me being an unmotivated mope, which he has done before in games. At the time I had been having a
really
fucking bad run of games and had zero confidence whatsoever, faker knew this

if you were
actually reading the game
you would see that the following sequence doesn't translate to an explicit scum read so much as a "get off your ass and play" threat, so framing it as a scumread is really fucking disingenuous:
In post 2080, Faker wrote:
In post 2076, catboi wrote:For clarity, what would make me "the best vote available"?
Scumread, default vote in lieu of absence of read (ex. my earlier), compromise vote over TR, etc.

Don't get your confusion here.
In post 2082, Faker wrote:God this owns this man is about to take the most direct I can possibly be and go but THAT'S WHY IT'S BAD FAITH and I am so here for it
In post 2087, Faker wrote:No, I expect nothing of you you absolute waste of oxygen and perpetual town hammerer, so play with your claws out
Further, this is really fucking gross to even say, but I wouldn't kill Faker night 1 in this game as scum. Faker is my friend. I have known him for 11 years now. I enjoy playing games with him. The past handful of times I've tried playing with him, he's ended up replacing out day 1 and we never got to play together properly. Several times prior to that, I died night 1 every time I played with him. I think we've had literally one game where we got to play Day 2 together. I wouldn't have killed him right away here, even if I felt like he was going to try to bury me on day 2. I'd rather challenge myself, and I think I'd have been able to give him the slip, seeing as I've done it before. And before someone goes crying to the mods about this: I'm not saying I'd
never
nightkill Faker. I'm not saying I'd never nightkill Faker
on Night 1
. I'm saying that
in this game
I wouldn't have nightkilled Faker.

In post 7370, Kaiji wrote:that alongside the general vibes of the guilty being .. very stilted and awkward in terms of how quiet both sides were solidify this for me.
bullshit point given menalque outright flaked from the game after he posted, unless you want to argue my master plan was to have him replace out so people would vote him. You know that everyone was waiting around for him to clarify if the claim was real, and then enchant certainly was actually trying, so this is revisionist history
In post 7370, Kaiji wrote:catboi coming into today not knowing what to do and reverting to their basic scumread of me is also cause for concern to me.
Not knowing what to do is
normal
because I am town and am therefore uninformed as to who the mafia are. I have to figure things out myself, and I am not great at that. I get anxious about being wrong. I hate endgames as town. As scum it's much easier to just pick a target and go after them, I can figure out who will probably get voted But I did not "revert" to my scumread of you - I went back, looked at the evidence, and found stuff by you that I felt was scummy and you were unable to give adequate answers for. If the evidence pointed me in a different direction I would have gone that way.

So let me level here. I think you are scum who is trying to get me eliminated. I am probably going to lose to you, because literally no one else in the game thinks you are scum. I've made my pieace with that. If I'm being a dumb baby and have misread you again then I will accept looking like a clown for it. At the end of the day that's all there is to it.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7430 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:18 am

Post by catboi »

In post 7428, skitter30 wrote:Ok so like 2 days left ...
I assume we're just letting it no-elim at this point.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7431 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:25 am

Post by catboi »

I should say the me/faker dynamic is not dissimilar to Mini Normal 2181, another game where my head wasn't in the game and we wound up in a huge shitfight on day 1. Ironically there I was inative because I was foolishly multitabled and scum in a
different
game which I was prioritizing, leading me to fall behind on that game
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7432 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:26 am

Post by skitter30 »

Catboi ig id kaiji is scum here the bit that i cant get over is that they looked very, very, very uninformed for where the vig was when they repped on, in a way that i think makes more sense coming from town than scum ... what do u think abt my theory there?

~

And i have no idea how we're ever gonna come to a consensis here but would kinda rather flip someone today than no llim
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7433 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:27 am

Post by skitter30 »

And oh the memories >.>
Show
Hiatus once more.

Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7434 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:34 am

I'll vote whoever idc who
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7435 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:55 am

Post by catboi »

In post 7379, Kaiji wrote:
In post 2666, catboi wrote:Andante: town
skitter30: null
midwaybear: probably town
Mare: lean town
innocentvillager: town
SirCakez: lean scum
Faker: sheepishly admitting he's town
catboi - nya
Menalque: scumlean from pooky, willing to give him time to get into the game
Datisi: lean town
northsidegal: probably town, under the impression she's fairly polarized and think posting is all right so far
Sleepless Assassin: null
flow trap: scum
Something_Smart: null

In draft order because that's more fun

I guess if the wagons are unsatisfying I'd entertain a vote on something_smart, or if I were feeling particularly spicy, skitter

hol up! rewind time!

catboi - please explain how you reached each and every one of these reads.

yes you may reference the textbook(the thread) for your answers - but you must explain your answers in your own words!
I think you realize that asing me to recall the thoughts I had over a month ago is a big ask when I play primarily off instinct but I'll do this shit anyway because I'm feeling feisty

Andante: felt she had shown depth of thought that she doesn't typically display as scum, had attempted actual analysis rather than vague pushes and overall enthusiasm level was high, wasn't playing reactively
skitter: had some misgivings about her at the time based on her approach toward me but wasn't confident in it at all, was probably going to take a wait and see approach with her
midwaybear: I've seen him as scum (fate grand order) and this didn't look like it, he's super stilted and awkward as scum, in the games I've played with him since I've always gotten him as town very quickly off his opener
Mare: felt like the neighborizer claim in combination with draft placement was likely town
innocentvillager: was top posting and enthusiastic in a way he isn't as scum
cakez: had just seemed to be limply going through the motions, was accusing me of being scum but didn't seem to really care about pushing it at all
faker: played with him a ton, usually get a townread on him fast but I had misread him recently in a newbie game I was spectating so I was a bit more cautious, but his overall demeanor where he was loose and having fun is way more likely for town him. I suck at explaining my read on Faker. Could probably dig up posts but I don't actually care to now, would be easy to fakeanyway
menalque: I felt like pooky had never really gotten into the game, had liked him pressuring skitter but he didn't seem to follow it up or get engaged at all and I didn't think the way he responded to being pressured byFaker was towny
datisi: I liked his early posts, I always like his early game but I think in particular the way he was paranoid of IV and we'd melded a few times on votes
nsg: what I said at the time, I thought her early contributions were good and she's lurky as scum from what I've heard. read diminished as she tailed off in the game and she had been kind of singularly focuseed on sleepless
sleepless: hadn't posted enough to get a read on
flow trap: I had been waiting for him to contribute something of substance and he hadn't which I felt was likely to be scum-indictive for him
something_smart: is hard to read because he usually gives very little, had liked when he had done with the draft analysis a bit but that was it
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7436 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:57 am

Post by catboi »

In post 7432, skitter30 wrote:Catboi ig id kaiji is scum here the bit that i cant get over is that they looked very, very, very uninformed for where the vig was when they repped on, in a way that i think makes more sense coming from town than scum ... what do u think abt my theory there?
I don't know, I guess I have trouble understanding why that can't be faked ior how town would actually get confused about the spot in the draft order they were replacing
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7437 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:00 am

Post by catboi »

atp I feel like whoeer dies will be informative
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7438 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:04 am

Post by catboi »

plus if we need to get everyone on the same page to vote out mafia i don't think that happens
Kaiji
Kaiji
Goon
Kaiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7439 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:19 am

Post by Kaiji »

I have read your posts catboi - i got what I wanted alignment wise
VOTE: skitter

Also the "i wouldn't kill my friend n1" argument made me laugh.
ざわ... ざわ...
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #7440 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:17 am

Post by schadd_ »

vote count 5.4 !

Alyssa The Lamb (1):
Something_Smart
skitter30 (1):
Kaiji

not voting (4):
Datisi, skitter30, catboi, Alyssa The Lamb

6 are alive, and it takes 4 votes to reevaluate someone's considerations. day 5 ends in (expired on 2022-02-19 05:30:00)

other ideas
  • did you know that skitter30 is vla on fridays and saturdays? and in this case sunday and maybe monday? and tuesday wednesday thursday friday? i just keep him satisfied through the weekend?
  • did you know that datisi isn't vla on tuesdays and thursdays?
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: tired person

Kaiji
Kaiji
Goon
Kaiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7441 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:22 am

Post by Kaiji »

Anyone who insists alyssa is scum - Vote now. Thank you.

In particular i want skitter to vote alyssa so we can confirm at least 1 scum between those 3
ざわ... ざわ...
Kaiji
Kaiji
Goon
Kaiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7442 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:22 am

Post by Kaiji »

I'd also like alyssa to vote skitter with me
ざわ... ざわ...
Kaiji
Kaiji
Goon
Kaiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7443 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:23 am

Post by Kaiji »

We need to force votes now for info even if we no lim

Take a risk and say "these 3 players contain at leaat 1 scum"
Except im very sure on 1 scum between specifically alyssa and skitter
ざわ... ざわ...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #7444 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:58 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I thought you had Alyssa as strong town? Do you not anymore?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7445 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:21 am

VOTE: skitter

Alright
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #7446 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:27 am

Post by Something_Smart »

UNVOTE:
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Kaiji
Kaiji
Goon
Kaiji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7447 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:31 am

Post by Kaiji »

Let skitter cross
ざわ... ざわ...
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7448 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:45 am

Post by catboi »

why's datisi avoiding the thread
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #7449 (ISO) » Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:46 am

Post by Datisi »

bc i don't have anything to say lol
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M

Return to “Completed Open Games”