Newbie 794 - Day 4 A Townie Claimed cop and a Dead Doc

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:37 am

Post by Civil Scum »

Blood Covenant wrote: I beg to differ, If some one's at L-2 at this point, Scum was most likely the second or third vote, and then the next vote, making it L-1, would probably be scum as well. It's an opportunity vote, they are always scummy.
So...anything like your post 55?
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:45 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Civil Scum wrote:
Blood Covenant wrote: I beg to differ, If some one's at L-2 at this point, Scum was most likely the second or third vote, and then the next vote, making it L-1, would probably be scum as well. It's an opportunity vote, they are always scummy.
So...anything like your post 55?
I guess, but he was only at L-3, and then soon after some one unvoted, and i think he's at L-4, if i'm correct... Actually, i think I put him at only two votes, then some one unvoted, so he should only have one vote, if i'm correct. When i Said second or third vote, i truly meant the third and fourth, for some reason i was thinking otherwise. Mainly because by the time that it's obvious there is a bandwagon, and scum usually want to get it moving. But, Like Don said, a good scum can be anywhere, but might I remind him, that we are in a newbie game, and most scum play the same way, often wishy-washy, and look for opportunistic votes. And some times there's just bad town play, then it's possible that a pro-town player has a legitimate case on another townie, and boy, do scum just love that. Then it's really hard to do lynch analysis.

i don't even think we have any real bandwagons right now.
Mod: do you think we could get a vote count please?
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:04 am

Post by Fritzler »

Ask and Ye Shall Receive Vote Count
, powered by The Count-Counter 2000

Enfys47- 2 (ZeeGee, don_johnson)
DizzyIzzyB13- 1 (Enfys47)
Aubrin- 1 (MordyS)
BloodCovenent- 1 (crywolf20084)
MordyS- 1 (BloodCovenent)
don_johnson- 1 (DizzyIzzyB13)

Not voting (2): Aubrin, Civil Scum

5 to lynch.
Surfs up dude.
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:08 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Thank you, much love <3
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:15 am

Post by MordyS »

DizzyIzzy hasn't posted once, correct?
1-1: Town
0-2: Scum

"Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different." - Penny Lane
ZeeGee
ZeeGee
Townie
ZeeGee
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:18 pm

Post by ZeeGee »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:'Sup.
vote: don_jophnson
This post on the first page and one post about sports on the second page were her only ones until now. So I think the vote was either random or Dizzy is Mafia - unfortunately I can't tell them apart. But to get a reaction:

Unvote: Enfys47

Vote: DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:58 am

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

I haven't been particularly active in my other games either, since I've had some nagging internet problems that I think have been resolved now. Will post later, after I re-read the thread.
Show
DizzyIzzyB13: For the record, I /ghooked Cogitate :p
ChannelDelibird: Well, for the record, FUCK YOU
ChannelDelibird: ;_;
DizzyIzzyB13: Cogitate is shorter. :(
DizzyIzzyB13: Sorry, CD
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:16 am

Post by Fritzler »

MordyS wrote:DizzyIzzy hasn't posted once, correct?
You can click any of the names in the first post, and it will show all their posts in the game.

Also, on another note,
Bee_slayeR
replaces
Aubrin
something I am personally upset about.
Surfs up dude.
Bee_slayeR
Bee_slayeR
Townie
Bee_slayeR
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:41 am

Post by Bee_slayeR »

vote: don

you're being too wordy for a game beginning. There's no need to think so much for going after other people unless you're trying too hard to hide something.
[i]"Sorry. Sorry, I have this effect, people just get obsessed. Is it the smile?
Is it the aftershave? Is it the capacity to laugh at myself? I don't know; it's crazy!"[/i]
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:21 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Fritzler wrote:
MordyS wrote:DizzyIzzy hasn't posted once, correct?
You can click any of the names in the first post, and it will show all their posts in the game.
Dude, awesome, you're in line to win best mod award.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:43 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

There is also a drop down menu below the quick reply box where you can iso posts.

Hello Bee ^^

Another thing really quick before I comment on the actual game:
Prod on Izzy pleaaaaase.

Now, I have no issues with some one putting someone at L-3, hell L-2 isn't /that/ bad, but an obvious quick lynch could happen. Unless someone is seriously up for the lynch, never have someone sit at L-1.
don_johnson wrote:
MordyS wrote:
I understand voting for random reasons - to get conversation started, to get the game started, etc - but why exactly CHANGE your vote for random reasons?

That's post #46, you posted your question in post #48. If anything, you're piggy-backing on me, and I don't appreciate you trying to paint it otherwise.
i guess what got me was more the style of your post than content. i.e. your words seemed to extend off of the end of my post. i am not trying to "paint" it otherwise, but if either of us are scum and gets lynched, people may draw a connection between us which might end up in a mislynch. mislynches are bad, no? so: are you scum?
Dunno why, but what don wrote there kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Mislynches are bad yes, but inevitable and will happen. Kinda sounds like something a newb would say, not an IC.

@Enfys' vote jumping, it doesn't seem anything wrong to me. More looks like she is trying to spark conversation, then kill it.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:44 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

EDIT:
Wow totally didn't see Izzy's posts.
Ignore my prod request.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
MordyS
MordyS
Mafia Scum
MordyS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by MordyS »

Well, my early game vote tends to be on someone I feel has been pretty quiet, which is why I left it on auburn. Since Bee_Slayer has replaced in, tho, I'll move it onto the other person I feel hasn't shown up yet.

Unvote

Vote DizzyIzzy

I'll just repeat what I said earlier; I learnt from my first game that if you don't force people to talk, they'll glide under the radar until they win by not showing up. I don't think DizzyIzzy has done anything particularly scummy so far -- but needs to start participating ASAP.
1-1: Town
0-2: Scum

"Isn't it funny? The truth just sounds different." - Penny Lane
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:26 am

Post by don_johnson »

bee: can you clarify your point against me? i don't quite understand what you're trying to say. i am being "wordy" in order to try and explain things well.

crywolf: would you rather i didn't address the issue with mordys? mislynches are not inevitable. they can cerainly occur, but shouldn't we be striving for them not to?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:47 am

Post by Civil Scum »

I'll let bee clarify his own point, although it's pretty self-explanatory. I'm undecided as to just how scummy it is (?anyone)
don_johnson wrote: short answer: i have a problem with players who don't contribute. lynching before everyone has posted content is a horrible idea.
You have posted a bit of content, some of which, like this segment above, has a pro-town feel. But none of it seems in the actual interest of scum-hunting. More 'blah' with little pro-town effort. I do realize there hasn't been a lot to work with, but you don't have to chant townie-slogans in the absence of something to work with, unless you REALLY REALLY want to appear town.
crywolf wrote: Dunno why, but what don wrote there kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Mislynches are bad yes, but inevitable and will happen. Kinda sounds like something a newb would say, not an IC.
Exactly. A lot of his posts seem like an odd way for an IC townie to be talking.

Enfys, in post 68 you are still washy on when 'things seemed to you' but it looks more like a matter of word usage to me than trying to hide something.
I've been a little confused with Enfys and BC, I didn't realize it's now 5 votes for a lynch.

And Dizzy is lurking if he has been reading the thread.
Bee_slayeR
Bee_slayeR
Townie
Bee_slayeR
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by Bee_slayeR »

don_johnson wrote:bee: can you clarify your point against me? i don't quite understand what you're trying to say. i am being "wordy" in order to try and explain things well.

crywolf: would you rather i didn't address the issue with mordys? mislynches are not inevitable. they can cerainly occur, but shouldn't we be striving for them not to?
When i say "wordy", I'm talking about how you're going through these long defenses or attacks at the beginning of the game. If it were further in where allainces were formed and you were being pinned down, I'd understand a bit more. But that's not the case.
[i]"Sorry. Sorry, I have this effect, people just get obsessed. Is it the smile?
Is it the aftershave? Is it the capacity to laugh at myself? I don't know; it's crazy!"[/i]
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Civil Scum wrote:
You have posted a bit of content, some of which, like this segment above, has a pro-town feel. But none of it seems in the actual interest of scum-hunting. More 'blah' with little pro-town effort.
I do realize there hasn't been a lot to work with, but you don't have to chant townie-slogans in the absence of something to work with, unless you REALLY REALLY want to appear town.

why would i
not
want to appear town?

bee: would you prefer me to revert to oneliners?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Bee_slayeR
Bee_slayeR
Townie
Bee_slayeR
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:51 am

Post by Bee_slayeR »

don_johnson wrote:
Civil Scum wrote:
You have posted a bit of content, some of which, like this segment above, has a pro-town feel. But none of it seems in the actual interest of scum-hunting. More 'blah' with little pro-town effort.
I do realize there hasn't been a lot to work with, but you don't have to chant townie-slogans in the absence of something to work with, unless you REALLY REALLY want to appear town.

why would i
not
want to appear town?

bee: would you prefer me to revert to oneliners?
Lol! And what would you do if i said yes?
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

Civil Scum wrote:And Dizzy is lurking if he has been reading the thread.
Firstly, a minor point... it's good form to check for the gender icon underneath someone's name when they post, since it can really grate people if they're constantly referred to as the wrong gender by peopole when it's not hard to check. Thanks!

Secondly, lurking is a difficult thing to judge. If you check someone's profile, you can find all the posts they've made recently. It's a good idea to check there if you want to find out if someone is lurking, since tyou can compare activity levels and such. If someone is posting regularly elsewhere, that's a sign of deliberate lurking. If someone is irregularly active, then you migth need to consider the circumstances. In this case, this is a relatively inactive game, and thus is liekly to be a low priority, particularly since it's only in the early stages and some people find it hard to get the ball rolling, as it were. If someone isn't psting at all.. well, you can't really draw any conclusions. It could be committed lurking, or it just could be that someone isn't able to post.

In my case, I've had some internet issues and this is a low priority game, so... I haven't had much chance to post and when I have, I've prioritisaed other games (such as Mafia 95, which has rather stricter posting rules).
Show
ChannelDelibird: Well, at least that's the first time a girl has told me "it's not short enough"
DizzyIzzyB13
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
DizzyIzzyB13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by DizzyIzzyB13 »

don_johnson wrote:why would i
not
want to appear town?
His point is that you're trying too hard to appear town, which is certainly a valid scumtell, since scum have far more of a vested interest in appearing town than townies.
Show
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by don_johnson »

DizzyIzzyB13 wrote:
don_johnson wrote:why would i
not
want to appear town?
His point is that you're trying too hard to appear town, which is certainly a valid scumtell, since scum have far more of a vested interest in appearing town than townies.
why? townies who appear "scummy" are not very good for town. i.e. how can you analyze a townie bandwagon if said townie acted scummy?

townies should try very hard not to appear scummy. forget it. i retract what i said earlier. don't asl me any questions if you have them. you all seem to have a handle on the game. friendly dj will take a backseat.

beeslayer: i would tell you that i will do as i please.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Civil Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Civil Scum
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by Civil Scum »

don_johnson wrote: please don't piggyback. ^^^ it is anti-town. if you share my thoughts, please post your own version of what i have said. standing behind my post can imply a connection between you and i. there is no connection, so please don't do this again. i am placing you on the back burner, but don't think i am giving you a free pass at this point.
Again. I really don't like this. Overreaction to say the least. You imply that this is somehow scummy behavior for an inexperienced player, which you could easily reason otherwise as an IC, and then you suggest that you're going to be watching him for this!? Not really stopping to figure if someone might be behaving scummy, perhaps?

To be fair, you're defense against accusations HAVE largely been one-liners. Although, to be fair, the accusations are somewhat indefensible.

In the post above mine, it almost sounds if you feel like there's a BW on you right now? I believe you're only at 1 vote, you might be overacting to the pressure a little.

Dizzy, you sound like you expect a free-ride through day 1, even though your interenet appears to be working fine...
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:32 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

Unvote:
Vote: Don
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:46 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

EBWOP:

I propose a ZeeGee and Don Johnson scum team, anyone else see it?
BloodCovenent
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
BloodCovenent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:50 am

Post by BloodCovenent »

EBWOP part 2:

Mod: Do you think we could get prod's on: Enfys47, crywolf20084, MordyS, ZeeGee.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”