Newbie 869 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:14 am

Post by SensFan »

Anything more than 10-15 pages hurts the Town far more than it helps it.
Trying to guess anything based on NKs is silly, and should never be done.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:54 am

Post by DarkLightA »

SensFan wrote:Anything more than 10-15 pages hurts the Town far more than it helps it.
Depends on how you look at it. You sure are an aggressive player, so I guess you get bored...
SensFan wrote:Trying to guess anything based on NKs is silly, and should never be done.
Sure is useful: Often mafia kill people on the opposite side that wouldn't be linked to themselves in any way. After a good discussion D1, you can look back on that in ca. D3, and compare everything.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:19 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Sorry about those last posts.. I don't know what happened. Mod, fix please?

Note to self:
FoS: jee, Deer

After re-read of thread I realized that this was already spotted:
Finch wrote:Ya know, having done a re-read, it seems to me that Jee and Deer could be scumbuddies.
---
Ellibereth wrote:@Deer: It annoys me to no end when people unvote the second RVS is over.
If you think his logic sucks and that he's scummy, why not vote for him?. I don't find being worried about OMGUS to be a good excuse.

@Jee: What the hell is that unexplained vote for? Bussing deer much? Unvote, Vote jee

@Art: Please reply to 54.

In general, about the early bandwagon thing. No one was getting quick lynched. Why the heck would mafia quick hammer?? It's like screaming to everyone , "Hi! I'm scum!"
Would I have minded if there was a quick lynch? No, we would have just caught the scum.

All in all, I feel all the arguments saying it's scummy are all wrong, and I won't be replying about it again unless someone comes up with someone drastically new.
"It annoys me to no end when" (quote, Ellibereth) newbies try to sound like they know what they're talking about... Please give me a summary of your mafia experience.

Hasta entonces,
Vote: Ellibereth
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:21 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Official Vote Count

DarkLightA - 1 (SensFan)
Arthur Dent - 1 (Kami-Sama)
Ellibereth - 2 (RPG*Twilight, DarkLightA)

Deer - 1 (jee)
jee - 1 (Ellibereth)

Not Voting - 3 (Arthur Dent, Deer, Mr Finch)

5 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Monday, December 7.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:33 am

Post by SensFan »

DarkLightA wrote:
SensFan wrote:Anything more than 10-15 pages hurts the Town far more than it helps it.
Depends on how you look at it. You sure are an aggressive player, so I guess you get bored...
It has nothing to do with getting bored. It has to do with far too many posts in the threar. Far too many.

As for NK speculation, why on earth would you possibly want to base anything on the one thing that Scum have 100% control over? It's insane.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:50 am

Post by Ellibereth »

SensFan wrote:Eli, what's the meaning of 'bussing'?

No one else answer this, please.
When one scum attacks and/or votes his partner.
DarkLightA wrote:
"It annoys me to no end when" (quote, Ellibereth) newbies try to sound like they know what they're talking about... Please give me a summary of your mafia experience.

Hasta entonces,
Vote: Ellibereth
I have had played about 10 games on a different forum. I have also seen a family member play.
I also happen dislike it when people unvote a RV just because "RVS is over".

Contesta eso su pregunta?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:58 am

Post by SensFan »

I'm glad you know what bussing means, Eli, but now I question the following:
Ellibereth wrote:@Jee: What the hell is that unexplained vote for? Bussing deer much?
Unvote, Vote jee
How in tarnation are you comfortable enough to claim that jee and deer are the two Scum, this early in the game?
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by Deer »

jee, I'm confused on who you think I'm "buddying" with.
jee
jee
Goon
jee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by jee »

me
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:06 pm

Post by Deer »

Well then that makes no sense. Seriously, there seems to be nothing I can do that you will not call scummy. I place a random vote, that's "planting seeds in the town's mind." I try to defend myself against what I thought was an accusation from Mr. Finch, then "oh, that's overdefending." I try to clear up a misquotation, that's "buddying." Are you going to call this "overdefending?" Because that's honestly bullshit. I haven't had much experience with these forum mafia games, but I was acting as a normal human being would act in the situations I was put under. Your illogical reasons are why I'm voting you right now.

Vote: jee
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:33 pm

Post by Ellibereth »

SensFan wrote:I'm glad you know what bussing means, Eli, but now I question the following:
Ellibereth wrote:@Jee: What the hell is that unexplained vote for? Bussing deer much?
Unvote, Vote jee
How in tarnation are you comfortable enough to claim that jee and deer are the two Scum, this early in the game?
I'm comfortable claiming whatever I think, and I think there exists that possibility that jee and deer are scum.
As a matter of fact if the game were to end now and I had to guess who the scum were, I'd say them.
Deer wrote:
I don't want to go all OMGUS so I'll keep myself unvoted for now. But I feel that your logic & reasoning is pretty flimsy.
Deer wrote: Your illogical reasons are why I'm voting you right now.

Some contradiction in the above.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by SensFan »

Vote: Elli

I don't buy that you would be this sure of yourself as Town. We're on page four, we'd be incredibly lucky to catch one Scum, let alone the pair of them.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:25 pm

Post by Deer »

The above quote you mention was directed towards Mr. Finch, Elli.
jee
jee
Goon
jee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:12 pm

Post by jee »

Deer wrote:The above quote you mention was directed towards Mr. Finch, Elli.
You sure? I thought it was directed toward me also. Since Mr.Finch didn't have a vote on you, and you said this about 3 posts after i voted for you.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:31 pm

Post by Deer »

Yes, I'm sure. The whole post was directed towards Mr. Finch.
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:06 am

Post by Mr Finch »

Deer wrote:Well then that makes no sense. Seriously, there seems to be nothing I can do that you will not call scummy. I place a random vote, that's "planting seeds in the town's mind." I try to defend myself against what I thought was an accusation from Mr. Finch, then "oh, that's overdefending." I try to clear up a misquotation, that's "buddying." Are you going to call this "overdefending?" Because that's honestly bullshit. I haven't had much experience with these forum mafia games, but I was acting as a normal human being would act in the situations I was put under. Your illogical reasons are why I'm voting you right now.

This post Deer?

So, now you're distancing from your scumbuddy by voting for him?
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:31 am

Post by Deer »

NO! Can you guys learn how to read and understand what I'm talking about! The post I was referencing was the one where I said
Deer wrote: I don't want to go all OMGUS so I'll keep myself unvoted for now. But I feel that your logic & reasoning is pretty flimsy.

In regards to YOU!

And like I said, there is really nothing I can do. I'm not distancing myself or bussing or what have you, I really think jee is scum.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:39 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Ellibereth wrote:I also happen dislike it when people unvote a RV just because "RVS is over".
Why so?
SensFan wrote:How in tarnation are you comfortable enough to claim that jee and deer are the two Scum, this early in the game?
I must say I agree with both parts there:
Elli: These two are suspicious, as are you SF.
SF: A bit early to say someone's bussing.

Elli, you're off the hook. SF, jee & deer are left.
Deer wrote:Vote: jee
Nvm my previous quote. This sure looks like a bus. This was posted without any logical context.

Unvote
Vote: Jee

You getting scared that you started a BW, deer?
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:17 am

Post by Mr Finch »

Deer wrote:NO! Can you guys learn how to read and understand what I'm talking about! The post I was referencing was the one where I said
Deer wrote: I don't want to go all OMGUS so I'll keep myself unvoted for now. But I feel that your logic & reasoning is pretty flimsy.

In regards to YOU!

And like I said, there is really nothing I can do. I'm not distancing myself or bussing or what have you, I really think jee is scum.
See, if you had quoted that in the first place then it would have saved much confusion. As for the OMGUS you mentioned, I only suggested that you and Jee are scumbuddies. What would you have done for OMGUS? Voted me? Meh.

You're right, my reasoning was pretty flimsy, but after the initial bandwagon conversation finished I could see the thread dying. Therefore I posted that to get reactions and create more discussion. And it worked.

You'll note that I didn't FoS either of you. However, with your reactions I am fairly happy now that you are pro-town. I would like to hear more from Jee and my (initial) FoS on Elli still stands as I am still not sure of him.

By my (inexpert) count I believe that we have both Jee and Elli with 3 votes on them right?
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:18 am

Post by Mr Finch »

EBWOP
- Apologies, I missed DLA's unvote on Elli to vote on Jee.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:56 am

Post by DarkLightA »

I think it's jee-3 elli-2
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:37 am

Post by Ellibereth »

@Sens: I think they are the two must suspicious people right now. I'm going to assume they are scum for now and see if what they do is consistent with that assumption.

@Deer: I know that it was quoting Mr. Finch. You said that even though you felt that Mr. Finch had bad logic, you would not vote him to avoid OMGUSing. Now, you have OMGUS voted jee, due to his bad logic.

@Finch: Why did you think the thread was dying? Why are you "fairly happy" that Deer is protown?

@ jee's post 73:
jee wrote:I was first checking to see a reaction, looking for a scummy reaction.
From who? And if it was deer, why didn't you continue to wait

What the heck are you talking about? He DOES point out he doesn't like to RV, but how the hell does that associate him with town?

You accuse deer of buddying when he does tiny things such as agreeing with you in #4, and just clarifying a freaking post in #6.
However, you seem to "miss" the below more blatant case of directly defending you in #3.
deer wrote:As Sens said, this seems unfair. Besides Ellibereth, who might just be new and have little experience, me and jee have done little to show ourselves as scum. My reason for voting RPG was just as legitimate as your reason for voting for SensFan, and jee's, while it may have been a slight bandwagon, also appeared to be random.
Mod, prod Kami-sama please
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:40 am

Post by Deer »

Unvote

You getting scared that you started a BW, deer?[/quote]

not at all.

Also, Elli, the vote on jee wasn't just due to poor logic, it was just general overall scummy behavior. Sorry if I didn't make that clear, really.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:41 am

Post by Deer »

Whoops, kind of messed up that quote. My bad. Should have been
DarkLightA wrote:
Unvote

You getting scared that you started a BW, deer?
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:43 am

Post by SensFan »

DarkLightA wrote:
SensFan wrote:How in tarnation are you comfortable enough to claim that jee and deer are the two Scum, this early in the game?
I must say I agree with both parts there:
Elli: These two are suspicious, as are you SF.
SF: A bit early to say someone's bussing.

Elli, you're off the hook. SF, jee & deer are left.
Why are you suspicious of me?
Why is Elli "off the hook", when she is claiming to know BOTH SCUM, and her arguments that one is suspicious is based on her being right about BOTH SCUM?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”