Newbie #950 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lord Baltheir
Lord Baltheir
Townie
Lord Baltheir
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 2:47 pm

Post by Lord Baltheir »

I are back.

That is all.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way you're a mile away, and you have their shoes too.
Charlou
Charlou
Townie
Charlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by Charlou »

I've added my avatar, and then I made my gender visible.

Why do you ask?
Charlou
Charlou
Townie
Charlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by Charlou »

The above is in reply to 'I am innocent'.
vezopiraka
vezopiraka
Goon
vezopiraka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by vezopiraka »

Vote Charlou
Just realised I forgot to do this in the last post.

I am innocent: Why did you ask when she edited her profile?
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard.
Press ENTER.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 6:49 pm

Post by Deer »

Vezo, why are you voting Charlou? Because he self-voted?
vezopiraka
vezopiraka
Goon
vezopiraka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2010 7:51 pm

Post by vezopiraka »

Yes that's why. In my experience self voting means scum
Press ENTER.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 2:51 am

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #3=-

Charlou (3) - Charlou, Amish_Charney, vezopiraka
_j west (2) - I Am Innocent, Lord Baltheir
Deer (1) - Dr. Glunk
Lord Baltheir (1) - fuzzylightning
vezopiraka (1) - Deer

Not Voting (1) - _j west

5 to lynch.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 5:03 am

Post by Deer »

vezopiraka wrote:Yes that's why. In my experience self voting means scum
Can you link me to some games? I've seen scum self-hammer to end discussion at the end of the day, but never vote for themselves in the RVS. That seems...counter-intuitive.
vezopiraka
vezopiraka
Goon
vezopiraka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 5:05 am

Post by vezopiraka »

I did it in my first game on another game. And someone in another game voted themselves and they were scum. So noobs who vote themselves are usually scum.
Press ENTER.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 5:49 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Charlou wrote:I've added my avatar, and then I made my gender visible.

Why do you ask?
Just curious. I saw you had your avatar before I made my first post in the game. What prompted the gender visibility change?
Amish_Charney
Amish_Charney
Townie
Amish_Charney
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 6:58 am

Post by Amish_Charney »

Why does any of this matter?
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 7:12 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

I Am Innocent wrote:
fuzzylightning wrote: @ fuzzy, do you see L-2 being more dangerous on Page 1 during RVS, or later in the day? Were you honestly fearful that a j west lynch was going to happen soon?
L-2 is only dangerous if the person who is at L-2 is not the person that they town wants to lynch, so I definitely see it as dangerous in the beginning of the day but it could be dangerous at the end of the day and especially close to deadline, so to answer your question, it is more likely to be dangerous near deadline. To answer the second question that you had, I have seen crazy things happen in newbie games, so yes, I was fearful that it might happen.

Will wade through everything else later today and should be more active in the coming week
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 7:25 am

Post by Deer »

Everyone who hasn't commented on it, do you think Charlou's self-voting is scummy?
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 9:35 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Amish_Charney wrote:Why does any of this matter?
Can I at least wait to get an answer to my question before I elaborate?
Deer wrote:Everyone who hasn't commented on it, do you think Charlou's self-voting is scummy?
It doesn't make me feel very warm and fuzzy inside that is for sure. But I don't think we lynch purely based on that.
Charlou
Charlou
Townie
Charlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by Charlou »

I Am Innocent, I added my gender so you all would know whether to refer to me as 'she' or 'he', etc. I realised the usefulness of that when I saw the gender icons on the other players profiles.

Still curious why this is relevant?

Re my self vote, it was facetious - this is a game, after all. I have no idea who to vote for atm, but I can tell you that if I were 'scum' I'd hardly make it so obvious.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

Charlou wrote:I Am Innocent, I added my gender so you all would know whether to refer to me as 'she' or 'he', etc. I realised the usefulness of that when I saw the gender icons on the other players profiles.

I Am Innocent wrote:That's it. Oh and except that I noticed Dr Glunk is at L-3 already. Since I am partial to the ladies I'll set up a 2nd for someone else:

vote: _j west
When I wrote this on page 1, I noticed Dr Glunk was the only player listed as a female. So when I saw you changed your profile to list your gender, I surely hoped you didn't do it for sake of my joke above...

Anyhow, I thought I'd see if I could catch you in a lie. No point for town to lie to each other, so that is often the best way to catch scum.
Charlou wrote:Re my self vote, it was facetious - this is a game, after all. I have no idea who to vote for atm, but I can tell you that if I were 'scum' I'd hardly make it so obvious.
WIFOM argument, so that doesn't work. I think it would have been better to say that you were trying to drum up discussion in an otherwise quiet start to the game. That is what I initially thought you were doing...

@ Charlou, do you think Deer is tunnelvisioning on vezo? And do you believe fuzzylightning was really "fearful that it might happen" (It referring to "a j west lynch was going to happen soon")?
_j west
_j west
Townie
_j west
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by _j west »

I Am Innocent wrote:
_j west wrote:If anything, and pretty much the only thing sticking out to me is I am innocent. It can be telling when people try and make a case so early on. I know it was only the contradiction you were pointing out(in relation to Deer), but still.
I'll point out anything that looks suspicious. Esp early on when there is a lack of discussion going on. Who appreciates the lack of discussion....the mafia. Who is trying to promote discussion. Me.

Promote discussion also includes 1) questioning fuzzy about his L-2 RVS paranoia and 2) asking the other newbie about this being his first game when he signed up back in August 2009.

Eventually people will come under suspicion and discussion will take off. Don't make a similar mistake that my IC made in my first game (908, it was my only vote I received that game) when he suspected me cause I was the only one talking (like I told him, of course I'll look suspicious if I'm the only one saying anything!).
I respect your right to question the suspicious, but obviously that goes both ways.
Some people may view it as promoting discussion, or other people may think something is hiding in between the lines.
I don't generally suspect people just because they are being overactive, I like that. Like you said, a quiet village is only good for one thing, the mafia. It's just a lot of the time, the people with the biggest investment, have the biggest roles.
Now that can mean a lot of things, and in this juncture i'm not ready to say it's scummy, just yet.
I Am Innocent wrote:
_j west wrote:ANd also this post
I Am Innocent wrote: Look for people trying to blend in or lay low. Etc. etc.
sat funny with me too. Sure, it's a noob game, and this could be viewed as good general advice. Or it may be a smoke screen designed to keep your mind off of the people, or in this case the person, being more active. Not just blending in or laying low.
Well you could be Mafia trying to set up a talkative townie with some experience (SE), but my gut tells me that you aren't. I like the way you are thinking here, though in this case you are wrong.
SMart gut. The wrong part remains to be seen.

vezopiraka wrote:Yes that's why. In my experience self voting means scum
vezopiraka wrote: So noobs who vote themselves are usually scum.
Kind of a brash generalization, don't you think?

I was thinking i'd come back to a lot more discussion, but clearly the main topic at hand is the self vote.
I don't think it's the scummiest behavior, but I do question the motive.
I know a lot of people who self vote religiously on day 1, I'm not a big fan, but to each their own.

For the ridiculous accusation based on a self vote, and jumping on that comfortable wagon. I'm definitely watching:
vote: vezopiraka

Don't get me wrong though, I still think Charlou's play has been half assed at best.
<l><l><l>
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

Lord Baltheir wrote:I are back.

That is all.
2 day, 23 hours, 58 minutes between posts. 2 minutes short of earning an early prod. And this is all you have to add?
Charlou
Charlou
Townie
Charlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by Charlou »

I Am Innocent wrote:
Charlou wrote:I Am Innocent, I added my gender so you all would know whether to refer to me as 'she' or 'he', etc. I realised the usefulness of that when I saw the gender icons on the other players profiles.

I Am Innocent wrote:That's it. Oh and except that I noticed Dr Glunk is at L-3 already. Since I am partial to the ladies I'll set up a 2nd for someone else:

vote: _j west
When I wrote this on page 1, I noticed Dr Glunk was the only player listed as a female. So when I saw you changed your profile to list your gender, I surely hoped you didn't do it for sake of my joke above...

Anyhow, I thought I'd see if I could catch you in a lie. No point for town to lie to each other, so that is often the best way to catch scum.
Ahkay, I see now ... coincidence raising suspicion.
I Am Innocent wrote:
Charlou wrote:Re my self vote, it was facetious - this is a game, after all. I have no idea who to vote for atm, but I can tell you that if I were 'scum' I'd hardly make it so obvious.
WIFOM argument, so that doesn't work. I think it would have been better to say that you were trying to drum up discussion in an otherwise quiet start to the game. That is what I initially thought you were doing...
Certainly have been trying to do that with my posts here .. the self vote seems to have been successful.
I Am Innocent wrote:@ Charlou, do you think Deer is tunnelvisioning on vezo? And do you believe fuzzylightning was really "fearful that it might happen" (It referring to "a j west lynch was going to happen soon")?
I find it difficult to ascribe motives at this point. I think everyone is still just feeling each other out ... need to see more from the players, really.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by Deer »

@Charlou: try harder please
Charlou
Charlou
Townie
Charlou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2010 10:40 pm

Post by Charlou »

Deer wrote:@Charlou: try harder please
You seem to want me to work on your behalf ... I find that a bit scummy ...

Vote Deer

How's that? Image
vezopiraka
vezopiraka
Goon
vezopiraka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 12:47 am

Post by vezopiraka »

@ charlou: Your last post feels too scumy. Your trying to direct attention from you onto deer?

@_J West: You find it scumy that i started a wagon?
Press ENTER.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 2:17 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

I Am Innocent - Post 14 wrote:...You'll hear turns like L-1, L-2, etc. Each day you need a certain number of votes to lynch somebody. Day 1 (D1) it is 5. So if somebody has 2 votes, we say that they are at L-3 (3 votes away from being lynched). At L-1, it is the time to claim, esp if somebody is ready to hammer (please declare your intention to hammer before actually doing so)...
Lord Baltheir - Post 31 wrote:
fuzzylightning wrote:
Unvote _j west

I don't like seeing a player at L-2 on page 1, so my vote now goes on Lord Baltheir for putting _j west at L-2, while not as dangerous as L-1, it is still too early for that.

Vote: Lord Baltheir

Uh, like I said, new to these forums kinda, what does L-2 and L-1 mean? Lynch 1 and 2?
Are you even paying attention to this thread?
I Am Innocent wrote:
Lord Baltheir wrote:I are back.

That is all.
2 day, 23 hours, 58 minutes between posts. 2 minutes short of earning an early prod. And this is all you have to add?
unvote: _j west
vote: Lord Baltheir
vezopiraka
vezopiraka
Goon
vezopiraka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 2:52 am

Post by vezopiraka »

@i am innocent: Why are you voting for lord baltheir?????? It looks like your trying to start a new waggon but why him? He only posted garbage until now.
Press ENTER.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2010 3:07 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

vezopiraka wrote:@i am innocent: Why are you voting for lord baltheir?????? It looks like your trying to start a new waggon but why him? He only posted garbage until now.
Before I answer, I want to introduce a term that I don't think has been used in the game so far but is very helpful as we start to get pages and pages into this game.
The term is ISO.

ISO/iso is basically doing an isolation of one player's posts. The way you do that is by going to the bottom of the thread, and hit the drop down next to "All Users" and select the person you want to focus on.

Do a ISO on Lord Baltheir and you will see zero contribution to this game. If he is one of the mafia, by letting him lay low, we make things that much harder for ourselves. I intend not to let him or anyone lay low. The way we catch scum is by having people leave trails or make mistakes. If they aren't posting, trails aren't being made and mistakes aren't happening...

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”