Mind Screw Mafia V (Abandoned by players, mods, everyone)

Party Crashers
Party Crashers
Goon
Party Crashers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by Party Crashers »

The Haylen FOS is because I'm voting Seraphim and can't vote two people at once. Hardly hard to work that out.
THE PARTY JUST STARTED

WE HAVE WHAT YOU LACK. COURAGE.
Vanilla Cupcake
Vanilla Cupcake
Townie
Vanilla Cupcake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by Vanilla Cupcake »

There's always the chance that he had a triggered death and/or death godfather role.

And the other head hasn't seen the thread yet, so no vote for now.
Snow_Bunny wrote:
Vanilla Townie
, was turned into a
Vanilla Cupcake*
during endgame.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Calling for Arthas's head for his viewpoint regarding hydras does not sit well with me.
Misrep alert, misrep alert. Go back and read my posts and then talk. This is NOT why I voted Arthas and it's DEFINITELY not why I want his head. I'm not going to lynch someone over a theory disagreement.

I don't know what's going on with Kinetic. I was looking for more information for what F&F thought about the whole Kinetic situation. He/They was/were the one/ones who brought up the idea that Kinetic was scum using some ability, and he seemed pretty damn sure. I wanted to know what he planned on doing with this conjecture, or how he had made this conjecture. Looking for more information1 isn't slimy.

Also, I'm assuming you(F&F) do not have a post restriction and that the point of order stuff was just him(Fame) being silly?

My stance on hydras is not extreme. Hydra can disagree but you're still one player slot, and if a single player slot started disagreeing with itself, I would not hesitate to vote that slot. Also, Fortune, it may seem superfluous, but a QT can really help a hydra out, even if it's just two people. It really helps when coordinating thoughts and figuring out who to vote when you can constantly post reads without Do whatever, but that's just my thoughts on things.

1. /in b4 accusations of rolefishing
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Oh, hello guys.

I confirmed, but I wasn't sure if the game would be starting without my being informed, so I came to check and what do you know, it did.
don't you feel silly now?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Vote: Chairman Mao

Testing, testing, one two three.

Also: Kaminaglasses.jpg
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:58 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Point of order

Guys, I have some information that may or may not be useful:

There's a cult lurking about, but it can't force an alignment change.
One of the mod team is a player in this game.
Chairman Mao is a role of one of the players in this game.
A time travel mechanic will come up at some point, since it's in the game.
There's also talk of a game cycle. Not sure what that means, but it's the same numbered game night/day.

The reason I'm revealing this knowledge
now
is I feel the town needs as much information as possible in such a low-info environment to perform at maximum capacity.

Kaminaglasses.jpg

end point of order
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by malthusis »

Confirming, can't wait to see what mindscrew is coming in store this time!
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Unvote, Vote: UncertainKitten

The more likely scum between the two mods.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:03 pm

Post by malthusis »

RayFrost wrote:
There's also talk of a game cycle. Not sure what that means, but it's the same numbered game night/day.

Can vouch for the accuracy of the second, have a good hunch on what I've been given that the first is true.

Also, I have a bad feeling that hell might break lose sometime within the first day/night (given Kinetic's death/????? and few other things.)
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by Seraphim »

lol you know what would be hilarious? If this game was Groundhog's Day and the game played out again and again, with Kinetic dying super early and a bunch of other crazy shit. If we were locked in an infinite day one, or like a three day cycle like Majora's Mask. That's what game cycle and time travel makes me think of.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:06 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Do you have any information you can afford to share, Malth?

Side-note: I don't think seraphim's scum for his posting re: kinetic because of his posting re: arthas. Put him at leaning town for me, yup yup.

Vi's probtown.

Everybody else is scum. Come, my two companions, we must win as a minority!
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by RayFrost »

By the way, my role PM talks about becoming blinder than a bat in sunlight on day 4. No idea what this means, but hopefully nothing
too
ad happens to me....
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:10 pm

Post by malthusis »

Vote UncertainKitten

I needed an excuse for the custom of the random mod vote first anyways :D
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:12 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Hey, Ray, what was the relationship between the mod team and the players in MS4? I know Tar doesn't like doing the same thing twice in a row and I seem to recall UK being a role in the last game.

Also, one of the modding team(this is correct, only one?) being in the game does not equal scum.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by malthusis »

RayFrost wrote:By the way, my role PM talks about becoming blinder than a bat in sunlight on day 4. No idea what this means, but hopefully nothing
too
ad happens to me....

I have a very bad feeling that our roles might be linked somehow.........

I have a mystery passive ability and I have no clue what it does, other then the fact it's powerful.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by malthusis »

Seraphim wrote:Hey, Ray, what was the relationship between the mod team and the players in MS4? I know Tar doesn't like doing the same thing twice in a row and I seem to recall UK being a role in the last game.

Also, one of the modding team(this is correct, only one?) being in the game does not equal scum.

Tarhalindur has stated that a mod player being anything but third party severely breaks the game. And after the mess that was Mind Screw Gaiden, I can't agree more.

There's no way that a mod player would be aligned with the town at all. I see no reason not to lynch one.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:16 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Seraphim wrote:Hey, Ray, what was the relationship between the mod team and the players in MS4? I know Tar doesn't like doing the same thing twice in a row and I seem to recall UK being a role in the last game.

It uses "a" in the description. Potentially both mods could be in the game, but at least one is a member.

I know it doesn't equal scum, but better to remove the possibility
now
I think. Assume the mod(s) isn't/aren't exactly anti-town. Does that make them (a) neutral survivor(s)? They can't be town, as that'd make the game way too easy in our favor (unless they're voteless, unable to communicate, town without any abilities). Can't be scum for similarly broken reasons.

Perhaps I'm thinking too logically in a mindscrew.

Also: I have not read or played in any previous mindscrew game.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by Nocmen »

RayFrost wrote:Point of order

Guys, I have some information that may or may not be useful:

There's a cult lurking about, but it can't force an alignment change.

So what's the point of that?

One of the mod team is a player in this game.
Chairman Mao is a role of one of the players in this game.

Not surprising, have occured multiple times in past mind screws.

Also, in the past games, Tar was a SK if I remember, but that was just the role name, not sure if he actually killed anyone.

Also, let's try it:

Vote: UncertainKitten
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:23 pm

Post by Vi »

There is higher brain function represented in this thread after all.

RayFrost, I have invited you to tea. My invitations are not optional. We may discuss the fates of those others who have posted at our leisure.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:25 pm

Post by RayFrost »

The cult may be something like...:

Player A dies. The mod goes: Your life has ended. Would you like to SCREW THE RULES and return to the game? You may not be the same if you do....

Just a random example of not-forced alignment change (though not exactly the best)

Hello Vi. How are you doing today?
Fame and Fortune
Fame and Fortune
Townie
Fame and Fortune
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by Fame and Fortune »

Seraphim wrote:
Calling for Arthas's head for his viewpoint regarding hydras does not sit well with me.
Misrep alert, misrep alert. Go back and read my posts and then talk. This is NOT why I voted Arthas and it's DEFINITELY not why I want his head. I'm not going to lynch someone over a theory disagreement.

Let's quote every time you mention or talk to Arthas, shall we?

Seraphim wrote:Also, all hydras: talk to your heads, please! I'm letting this one slide but any sort of head disagreements will be followed by a vote for me and I'm sure others will follow me. This game has quite a few hydras in it so please, please try to agree rather than contradict each other in your posting.

P-EDIT:
Unvote
Vote: Arthas

Seraphim wrote:BTW, my vote on you had absolutely nothing to do with the hydra thing. In fact, I did not know you were a hydra until now.

Do you want me to go into the big discussion of theory as to why I made the statement that I did, and why it's a scumtell for hydra heads to disagree? I don't really want to type it out and I feel it's a distraction but I definitely can if you're going to be stupid about it.

Seraphim wrote:yeah, just repost the thing next time as your hydra rather than quoting it. Makes it easier to iso later.

Basically, it boils down that scum can use the entire "disagreeing hydra" thing to retract statements and reads that might become unpopular or get them attacked i.e. if one head declares a scum read on Players X, Y, and Z and never really follows up on it, and another head lists those people as town or lists some of them as scum, gets questioned about it later, they can totally just renege whatever reads aren't going to work for them as scum with a little "oh that was my other head, we didn't talk about it". If it was a single player, they could never get away with that shit without looking bad. The hydra gives them the perfect excuse.

I disagree that scum hydra will agree more than town hydra, that's just fundamentally wrong. That's just a difference between a good hydra that communicates and utilizes all available resources and a shitty hydra that's just two heads spitting out whatever.

They don't need to clear everything with their other head but if they start disagreeing and not communicating, I will vote them. If you're not going to play as a hydra, don't play as a hydra.

Seraphim wrote:Yeah, the hydra discussion is over, now if everyone could please vote Arthas.

UnFoS
FoS: Kinetic

I look at these posts and all you talk about with Arthas is the hydra business. The only other thing that makes sense, even after looking at the posts in context, is that he voted Kinetic just prior to the first quote, which I currently see as a null tell.

Seraphim wrote:Also, I'm assuming you(F&F) do not have a post restriction and that the point of order stuff was just him(Fame) being silly?

Correct.

Seraphim wrote:Also, Fortune, it may seem superfluous, but a QT can really help a hydra out, even if it's just two people. It really helps when coordinating thoughts and figuring out who to vote when you can constantly post reads without Do whatever, but that's just my thoughts on things.

If Fame wants a QT, I'll let him make one.

--Fortune
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I'm going to post on behalf of the LLD/AGM hydra until our account is activated.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Fame and Fortune
Fame and Fortune
Townie
Fame and Fortune
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by Fame and Fortune »

Oops--just told you guys what gender Fame is after I said I wouldn't do anything of the sort. Ah, well, given the kind of game Mafia is it doesn't narrow the field that much.

--Fortune
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by Vi »

RayFrost, I did not take the effort to invite you to my garden to listen to your idle chatter. Let us go down the line.

*While I appreciate that Nocmen has posted repeatedly over the course of the game, he is not at all obviously Town.
*malthusis has a reasonable chance of being Town.
*Party Crashers is almost certainly Town.
*Seraphim is wrong and should be ashamed of himself, but is somewhat more likely to be Town.
*Arthas has done nothing so far to suggest that he is scum.
*Screaming Death Clan's single ingame post is so hideous that it is unlikely to have come from Town.
*Irony, the Tragedy+CSL hydra, has made even more hideous posts than Screaming Death Clan, including a weak attempt to cast doubt on SDC when it looked like a prospective wagon. In addition, now that it is known that there is a nonstandard cult in this game, the fact that Irony was counted as a replacement pregame is most likely a key detail.
*Along these lines, I believe that the Cult in this game is born from replacements. It was a popular idea reasonably prior to this game - I know I considered it for a game once - and the idea fits your information. Either way, Irony is almost certainly not Town.
*I have no comment on any of the other evident players.
*Kinetic is a nonfactor at present. He will almost certainly be taken care of later.
*Tarhalindur and/or UncertainKitten may or may not also be a nonfactor. The incarnation of Tarhalindur-SK from Mind Screw III did not have kill-immunity, if you desire an idea of what I am thinking.

Is there anything I have forgotten?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:47 pm

Post by malthusis »

Screaming Death Clan wrote:So far we have a daykilling scum, whoever killed Kinetic after this post WILL be found out and WILL be lynched as scum, so claim it now if you want to try and pass it off as a day vig.

Kinetic wrote:Ok, perfect. I am pretty sure with the information I have now I can name at least 2, maybe three scum. Give me a moment to compile everything I'll be back in about 5.

You have looked at previous Mind Screw games, right? Or are you being naive on purpose? That's possible the least likely conclusion I'd get from Kinetic's death.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”