Mini 232 - Friends and Enemies (Game over!)

Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:16 am

Post by Maximumum »

Well, I can't speak for the rest of them but here is my explanation....
VisMaior wrote: Maximumum: Total of 3 posts. Last one 3 days ago. Bandwagons Brian, then saiz that Brian should not ask for replacement, yet does not unvote???
I voted for Brian for the reason I gave in my last post, he seemed overly sensitive after receiving a few votes so I thought him scummy. Just because I wanted him to reconsider his decision to be replaced doesn't automatically retract any suspicions I had. I would have prefered Brian come back and rationally explain his reactions and continue the discussion but since that didn't happen I'll wait to see what his replacement has to say. If Brian's replacement comes into the game and comes off less scummy than Brian did then I will be happy to unvote.

How fitting that Thesp chose to name this game "friends and enemies", some have definitely been made in this game.
[i]Nothing says lovin' like something from the oven![/i]
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:53 am

Post by Phoebus »

Heh. I'm not here to make either, if we come to look at it.
Funny that Brian would mention other games we're playing together. If we check Slips of Paper, the latest unofficial vote count would make for interesting viewing.

I'm a bit puzzled by david. His grasp of English seemed perfectly fine in Circus mafia but here he's gone all strange and claims it as being a foreign language. It being foreign is OK, but the sudden change is interesting. I may be mistaken, need to check.

Vis - interesting. I'm impressed that in two months you've been able to suss out what behaving like IS looks like. I'm, however, unimpressed by the fact that you don't seem to have sussed out what the behaviour entails.

Let's just lynch Brian than have the mod hunt for replacement. He would prolly have gone on playing if he had an interesting role. Townie down? NO biggie. Scum down - yay! And I refuse to let his giving up to be taken as a sure sign of vanilla townie and let the situation dangle.
I'm not bent on lynching him. No. Find me another target with due reason and I'm good to go. Otherwise, Brian interests me enough.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
davidangelsummers
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
It's a Norwegian thing

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:17 am

Post by davidangelsummers »

[quote="Phoebus"]

I'm a bit puzzled by david. His grasp of English seemed perfectly fine in Circus mafia but here he's gone all strange and claims it as being a foreign language. It being foreign is OK, but the sudden change is interesting. I may be mistaken, need to check.

quote]
Im Norwegian with an English father who only moved to England a short time ago...so my spelling and grammar maybe questionable, there are only a select few that can play this game in there second language...
I could use word but that’s a fricking effort...Ok ....now you go check....
Why I got angry? Cuz you bandwagon a basic random vote which is far more scummy then anything Brain did. Then you said you don’t even need a claim unless doc or cop...Again scummiest thing any player has done....
/now one off the top posters has left and some guy is moaning that no- one is posting ...again your fault....The worst thing is you could well be right Brain wanting to be replaced is questionable to say the least, and The fact you are being so bloody smug, probably means your town...
davidangelsummers
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
It's a Norwegian thing

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:20 am

davidangelsummers wrote:
VisMaior wrote:I hereby retract my statement
to turn guys into chicks

I apologize for the sovinistic tone. Replace that with "to turn people into babies". Yea, thats more appropriate.
Meh.....
Meh=Homor Simpson quote...
darquiel
darquiel
Goon
darquiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:32 am

Post by darquiel »

Im lurking because a couple of days ago i had some serious health issues, ended up in the hospital for a while and life has been hell since.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:11 am

Post by Phoebus »

Dear David,
English being your second language is not a problem. It isn't my first language. No big deal. The problem arises when you use it as an excuse during a bout of rather uncharacteristic posting.
As far as bandwagonning goes, it will "appear scummy" if you want it to, regardless of whether it is built upon a random vote, a reasoned vote and a vote stuck on with no other content to qualify it. So if you want to call that scummy, be my guest.
As far as claiming goes, forgive me if I don't like to go on bandwagonning sprees, flushing out townies and potentially, power roles. If he's not squirming and if he's not claiming cop or doc, on day one, he can go.
Wow - How long has it been since you moved to England? You've certainly got the phraseology down well. Bloody well!

Yours smugly (?),
Phoebus.

Dear darquiel,
Get well soon!

Yours sincerely,
Phoebus.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:22 am

Post by Fritzler »

davidangelsummers wrote:
davidangelsummers wrote:
VisMaior wrote:I hereby retract my statement
to turn guys into chicks

I apologize for the sovinistic tone. Replace that with "to turn people into babies". Yea, thats more appropriate.
Meh.....
Meh=Homor Simpson quote...
I might have missed something, but since when is meh a homer simpson quote?
darquiel
darquiel
Goon
darquiel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:27 am

Post by darquiel »

That confused me too...
Maximumum
Maximumum
Goon
Maximumum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:03 am

Post by Maximumum »

Sorry to hear that, darquiel. Hope things look better for you soon.
[i]Nothing says lovin' like something from the oven![/i]
Kain
Kain
Goon
Kain
Goon
Goon
Location: Anywhere inconvenient and always positioned to trip you.

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:30 am

Post by Kain »

Sorry for lurking so terriblly there- busy with college and I do have two other mafia games I'm in right now.

From what I've read in the post I think we need to be most concerned about Phoebus and Brian Mcqueso.

The game play between those two has been really quite hostile and just down right odd....one of them has something to hide in my opinion
Currently Modding " CALIFORNIA VENTURA MORMON MISSIONARY MAFIA." Will the Mormons baptize everyone? Or will the town chase them out first? Tune in to find out. Mini 372 in Coney Island.
Yggdrasil
Yggdrasil
Goon
Yggdrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 2:01 pm

Post by Yggdrasil »

davidangelsummers, you must have overlooked my last post as you have not addressed it yet. Why did you want Brian to roleclaim if you thought he was town?

Right now, I don't find either Phoebus or BrianMcQueso particularly scummy. If I were to choose between one of them, I would say Phoebus is the scummier one because he's playing a little more aggressively than I remember him playing in previous games. However, right now, I think davidangelsummers is the most suspicious.
[size=75][i]"The owl of Minerva takes flight only when the shades of night are falling."[/i]

[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Yggdrasil]curriculum vitae[/url][/size]
davidangelsummers
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
It's a Norwegian thing

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:30 pm

Yggdrasil wrote:davidangelsummers, you must have overlooked my last post as you have not addressed it yet. Why did you want Brian to roleclaim if you thought he was town?

I just did not see anyone letting it go ..(and they havent)The Votes are still there...If he had not been replaced then he would of had to claim anyway...unless people where going to wake up to phobo(which they did not) and you can see that brain has over reacted...everyone thinks im sticking up for brain out of context...All im sticking up for is his right to change is avatar and have fun with out being lynched day one for it....

Dearest Pohohe
shhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ps
Take a spoon

Have I spelt Meh wrong?
Marge: will say something like,"U lazy, you just sit there and watch TV and if you eat any more dounuts you might die"
Homor will look into his pint,leaning on his hand,twirl his beer with his finger and say "meh"
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:39 am

Post by Thok »

Hi- I'm replacing Brian McQueso. I need to take a closer look at the thread-give me until tonight to reread, and I promise more content then.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:19 am

Post by Thok »

OK, just reread the thread. Thesp, could we have a vote count?

Phoebus, I'm not sure I like the way you are playing; I find it rather insane. There's no point in me claiming yet.

VisMaior most recent posts strike me as rather scummy.
unvote, vote VisMaior
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:56 am

Post by Fritzler »

davidangelsummers wrote: Have I spelt Meh wrong?
Marge: will say something like,"U lazy, you just sit there and watch TV and if you eat any more dounuts you might die"
Homor will look into his pint,leaning on his hand,twirl his beer with his finger and say "meh"
You mean do'h?
davidangelsummers
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
It's a Norwegian thing

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:46 am

Fritzler wrote:
davidangelsummers wrote: Have I spelt Meh wrong?
You mean do'h?
No I dont, I mean Meh
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:24 pm

Post by Thesp »

Official Votecount

Thok - 4 (Lt. Origen, Phoebus, Kain, Maximumum)
davidangelsummers - 1 (Yggdrasil)
Maximumum - 1 (Jentsu)
Phoebus - 1 (VisMaior)
Jentsu - 1 (Fritzler)
VisMaior - 1 (Thok)
Not Voting - 3 (NanookTheWolf, darquiel, davidangelsummers)

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.
Last edited by Thesp on Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Jentsu
Jentsu
Goon
Jentsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:43 pm

Post by Jentsu »

Well,
unvote: maximummum

Excuse my bit of lurkage. Four games (ever-so-recently made three, dying in another of Thesp's games at another site) and real life have cut down a bit on my watching, and emails don't seem to be coming when this thread gets a reply sometimes...

Also, Thesp, shouldn't that now be Thok instead of Brian on the votecount, or will they just have to each change their votes on their own?
back
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:44 pm

Post by Fritzler »

unvote vote: davidangelsummers
Kain
Kain
Goon
Kain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:01 pm

Post by Kain »

Holy cow Nanook is playing in this game too?
If so, talk about LURKING SUPREME!
Currently Modding " CALIFORNIA VENTURA MORMON MISSIONARY MAFIA." Will the Mormons baptize everyone? Or will the town chase them out first? Tune in to find out. Mini 372 in Coney Island.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:44 pm

Post by Thok »

Done some more reading.

Phoebus, I feel that your quarrel with Brian McQueso was very similar to the fight you had with SapphireVerde in Mini's 191 and 205. In both cases, both you and her were pro-town, and in both cases the fight helped lead to a mafia win. I can tell you that the third time is not the charm, at least from my point of view (although I don't think you are scum either).

Fritzler, davidangelsummers means meh. Spelled m e h, meh. It's from the "They're moving the Isotopes to Albequerque" episode.
Kain
Kain
Goon
Kain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:56 pm

Post by Kain »

What? Oh Phoebus how could argue with SapphireVerde...come on cute girls are never mafia!Especially ones wearing bunny ears!

Okay so seriously Thok you have a good point - your research seems to indicate a desire for truth therefore it seems probable to me that you are not scum. Now Considering what had been said by others, especially by David, it leads me to believe then that he is in fact scum.
Therefore I
unvote VOTE DAVIDANGELSUMMERS
davidangelsummers
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
davidangelsummers
It's a Norwegian thing
It's a Norwegian thing

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:16 pm

Kain wrote:What? Oh Phoebus how could argue with SapphireVerde...come on cute girls are never mafia!Especially ones wearing bunny ears!

Okay so seriously Thok you have a good point - your research seems to indicate a desire for truth therefore it seems probable to me that you are not scum. Now Considering what had been said by others, especially by David, it leads me to believe then that he is in fact scum.
Therefore I
unvote VOTE DAVIDANGELSUMMERS
OK, not explaining any points really so not really giving me a chance to defend my self.....another scummy play that will no doubt be ignored .....

VOTE KAIN

and whats with the guy that just votes and questions simpsons quotes?
all you did today son is weaken a mafiascum game..
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:58 pm

Post by Thesp »

Jentsu wrote:Also, Thesp, shouldn't that now be Thok instead of Brian on the votecount, or will they just have to each change their votes on their own?
Fixed, thanks. Anyone wanting to unvote Thok will need to do it themselves.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
VisMaior
VisMaior
Flip Out!
VisMaior
Flip Out!
Flip Out!

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:16 pm

Post by VisMaior »

Thok wrote: VisMaior most recent posts strike me as rather scummy.
Like, care to shed some light here? What makes you think?
"logic is in the eye of the beholder" -LyingBrian in Eyewitness 1
"correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the CHANCE of something happening always 50% (either it will or it won't)?" -LyingBrian in BJs Wild West mafia

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”