He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:38 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 66, InsidiousLemons wrote:
In post 59, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 47, InsidiousLemons wrote: let me be clear: i don't think anyone should claim D1 until absolutely necessary. this site's meta has become infested with pointless early claims and it's terrible
I must have missed it. Why is this being said?
it was a response to boxxy's suggestion that i'm rolefishing
Ahh got it. I did miss it.
In post 59, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 47, InsidiousLemons wrote:full disclosure the bloodhail unvote was stonedposting, i popped into the thread, panicked, realized my mistake and dipped lol. anya's attempted hammer test here was actually an okay idea, and it's a more adventurous play than what i'd expect of her. that's a good thing.
Why’d you panic?
because i didn't want scum to quicklim town!bloodhail on page 2? if he really was at E-1 that early, wouldn't
you
unvote?
Maybe, maybe not. It depends.
In post 66, InsidiousLemons wrote:we're playing a 9p, which would mean that a town elim followed by a NK would leave us one miselim away from LyLo. being in that situation on D2 with only 2 pages' worth of prior information is a terrible situation for town. keep in mind that i didn't think this through nearly so much at the time, because of my aforementioned inebriation. but i do stand by the unvote in the scenario where bloodhail really was at E-1, because to me, that was the apparent reality of the situation.
I get what you’re saying, but a quick or lol elimination is really scrutinized on this site so those that pushed it through would be looked at pretty heavily on Day 2. Also were you RVS voting?
In post 59, ItalianoVD wrote: Is preemption really scum indicative?
it certainly tends to be, as far as i've seen. what motivation does a town player have to prevent a given player from voicing their opinion/defending themself?
Ehh, it’s kind of a loaded question. I think there are variables that would make a towny “seem” like they are preventing discussion. I’d rather not say what those variables could be right now, but if you think about it more I think you’ll get what I’m saying.
In post 66, InsidiousLemons wrote:the more we force people to defend themselves on their own, the more we can determine their thought process and logic, and attempt to evaluate what perspective it's coming from. preemption opens the door for the person under pressure to simply copy the reasoning of their defender, and takes useful information away from town.
Of course, but as you see cbd’s responded to it. Boxxy didn’t so there’s that. There are many ways to play this game and to get reactions. Early on I do things to see those reactions. You don’t have a lot to go on, especially if no one knows anyone. Had cbd said “sure it was RVS” I’m telling you it would have made me suspicious, but because of how he checked me for my question and how he gave his explanation not only does that help me sort the slot, but it may help others as well. It sounds like a townie would respond or react. The probability of scum faking it, for me, is low.

Everything is done to get a reaction from a specific player and from others. It just doesn’t have to be RVS and RQS. Am I making sense?
In post 59, ItalianoVD wrote:And saying “if you’re town” can be faked by scum.
my argument isn't that "if you're town" is town AI, but that "if we're the same alignment" is scum AI. deliberately vague and cautious phrasing like this does indeed more often come from scum, in my experience.
In post 59, ItalianoVD wrote:It would be weird for me to say that in thread if we’re scum partners. Because I know I’m town I don’t have to highlight the fact that I am the way scum do.
so what if it's weird? we don't know your alignment either way, it makes no difference to us. town doesn't think about what's "weird to say", they think about what's true. maybe it would be weird to your scumpartner, but you can save that for the PT. i don't like this defense at all. as scum, your partner's opinion of you and your actions is irrelevant. "if we're the same alignment" feels like you trying to cover all the options and specifically avoid implying your alignment to try and appear town -- if we really were scumpartners, you'd know that, so there would be no reason to phrase the sentence this way. as you said, town isn't concerned with trying to appear town. so why are you?

I know my alignment, I don’t know yours, so if we have the same alignment (meaning both town) then both our time here will be better. If we were scum partners, like you said, what would’ve the point of saying that? It’s a stupid thing to try to fake and sort of no way anyone would actually believe it. But I’ll be able to tell before the day is out if you are town or not as I assume you will for me. And if we aren’t the same alignment meaning you are scum or I am I’m sure that will show as well.

But I’m gonna stop now before it starts getting deeper into self meta and wifom. I just wanna let you know it’s not what you think or hope it is.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:41 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 55, boxxy wrote:
In post 52, bloodhail wrote: why would i not be interacting as scum

this makes no sense
Scum want to stay under the radar. It's why sheeping is a scum play.
Sheeping is not only a scum play.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 12:45 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

As a matter of fact I’m gonna sheep Anya.

VOTE: boxxy
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:27 pm

Post by InsidiousLemons »

In post 75, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 66, InsidiousLemons wrote:because i didn't want scum to quicklim town!bloodhail on page 2? if he really was at E-1 that early, wouldn't
you
unvote?
on what? if you're scum or not? lol
In post 75, ItalianoVD wrote:I get what you’re saying, but a quick or lol elimination is really scrutinized on this site so those that pushed it through would be looked at pretty heavily on Day 2. Also were you RVS voting?
it doesn't matter. if you're scum you take the quickhammer and try to mist over it. at that point you're on D2 with a D1 amount of info. if i were scum, i'd take those odds, and i'd rather not find out whether the scum in this game agree with me.

and yes, my initial bloodhail vote was RVS
In post 66, InsidiousLemons wrote:what motivation does a town player have to prevent a given player from voicing their opinion/defending themself?
Ehh, it’s kind of a loaded question. I think there are variables that would make a towny “seem” like they are preventing discussion. I’d rather not say what those variables could be right now, but if you think about it more I think you’ll get what I’m saying.
i don't follow. enlighten me, you've dug yourself in this far. this better not be a fucking PR softclaim because if it is it's about as subtle as a brick to the forehead
In post 66, InsidiousLemons wrote:Everything is done to get a reaction from a specific player and from others. It just doesn’t have to be RVS and RQS. Am I making sense?
of course. but what makes you think your strategy will be more enlightening than anyone else's? i'm in favour of letting questions stand, by and large. we can agree to disagree on that, but if you continue to preempt and it continues to disrupt the flow of the game, i will continue to call you on it
In post 75, ItalianoVD wrote:I know my alignment, I don’t know yours, so if we have the same alignment (meaning both town) then both our time here will be better. If we were scum partners, like you said, what would’ve the point of saying that? It’s a stupid thing to try to fake and sort of no way anyone would actually believe it. But I’ll be able to tell before the day is out if you are town or not as I assume you will for me. And if we aren’t the same alignment meaning you are scum or I am I’m sure that will show as well.

But I’m gonna stop now before it starts getting deeper into self meta and wifom. I just wanna let you know it’s not what you think or hope it is.
this is a big ol' pile of weaselly word vomit that barely even responds to my argument. you're just doing more of the same thing -- covering all of your options, playing it safe. i don't believe town!you responds to my attack this politely. why are you pushing back so gently? is it because you're not worried that i might be scum?

i wonder why that could be.

this whole post reeks.
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 1:27 pm

In post 77, ItalianoVD wrote:As a matter of fact I’m gonna sheep Anya.

VOTE: boxxy
i don't disagree with this vote but i'm curious what convinced you
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 2:59 pm

Post by Anya »

italiano's town on his birthday the world is right and round
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 6:34 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

Spoiler:
In post 78, InsidiousLemons wrote:
In post 66, InsidiousLemons wrote:because i didn't want scum to quicklim town!bloodhail on page 2? if he really was at E-1 that early, wouldn't
you
unvote?
on what? if you're scum or not? lol
In post 75, ItalianoVD wrote:I get what you’re saying, but a quick or lol elimination is really scrutinized on this site so those that pushed it through would be looked at pretty heavily on Day 2. Also were you RVS voting?
it doesn't matter. if you're scum you take the quickhammer and try to mist over it. at that point you're on D2 with a D1 amount of info. if i were scum, i'd take those odds, and i'd rather not find out whether the scum in this game agree with me.

and yes, my initial bloodhail vote was RVS
In post 66, InsidiousLemons wrote:what motivation does a town player have to prevent a given player from voicing their opinion/defending themself?
i don't follow. enlighten me, you've dug yourself in this far. this better not be a fucking PR softclaim because if it is it's about as subtle as a brick to the forehead
In post 66, InsidiousLemons wrote:Everything is done to get a reaction from a specific player and from others. It just doesn’t have to be RVS and RQS. Am I making sense?
of course. but what makes you think your strategy will be more enlightening than anyone else's? i'm in favour of letting questions stand, by and large. we can agree to disagree on that, but if you continue to preempt and it continues to disrupt the flow of the game, i will continue to call you on it
In post 75, ItalianoVD wrote:I know my alignment, I don’t know yours, so if we have the same alignment (meaning both town) then both our time here will be better. If we were scum partners, like you said, what would’ve the point of saying that? It’s a stupid thing to try to fake and sort of no way anyone would actually believe it. But I’ll be able to tell before the day is out if you are town or not as I assume you will for me. And if we aren’t the same alignment meaning you are scum or I am I’m sure that will show as well.

this is a big ol' pile of weaselly word vomit that barely even responds to my argument. you're just doing more of the same thing -- covering all of your options, playing it safe. i don't believe town!you responds to my attack this politely. why are you pushing back so gently? is it because you're not worried that i might be scum?

i wonder why that could be.

this whole post reeks.

I feel like you’re not being serious in this so I’m gonna back away from this convo until you get there eh?
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 12:05 am

Post by Anya »

In post 71, UNOwen wrote:UNVOTE: InsidiousLemons
VOTE: Anya
Lemons makes a good point about Anya's change of tack. doesn't look like it was intended as a troll vote.

@T3 - Can you describe the difference in play you're feeling?
how dare you insinuate i would troll i don't condone that behaviour at all and imo trolls deserve to be banned on sight

it was a random vote to produce literature in this barren excuse of a library
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 12:06 am

Post by Anya »

boxxy get out of your box
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 12:10 am

Post by Anya »

i think italiano's town anyway but he gets the birthday pass for a week where he will sit comfortably as my top top townread no exceptions
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 1:17 am

Post by T3 »

I'm considering just voting out boxxy and lemons and hoping we win the game.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 3:10 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

In post 32, bloodhail wrote:
In post 28, ChannelDelibird wrote:It's kind of a shame that bloodhail essentially ignored the votes entirely.
why would you expect me to react to a no content page 1 bandwagon
Not really a question of whether or not I expected you to react; more 'it would be nice if bloodhail or someone else had reacted to it in an interesting and/or useful way, although it was always possible that nobody would'.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 3:16 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

UNVOTE: bloodhail
VOTE: ItalianoVD

Not a fan of this:
In post 56, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 28, ChannelDelibird wrote:My vote wasn't random. I'm a big believer in getting to the meat of the game as quickly as possible - which is the stated purpose of 'random votes', a convention which arose as the most reliable way to do that - so I always try to do the most useful thing possible with my vote even if it's very early. For that reason, I voted for someone who already had a vote; creating larger wagons quickly is likely to lead to more interesting reactions than an even distribution would. Chose bloodhail over NM because, to my recollection, NM is the only player here with whom I'd played before, so I wanted to start with a player about whom I knew nothing in order to try to get a feel for them as quickly as possible.
Okay good. Although for me wanting to get out of RVS is nai. I’ve caught scum before trying to get out of RVS because it’s what town would do. Plenty of town do it as well to so I won’t be able to use this to fully read you, but I’ll keep it mind coupling it with the rest of your play.

I do agree however that forming a wagon early on someone gets reactions as well so I can dig it.
Feels like it's going a little bit far too almost apologise for his lack of townread on me. Like, my 28 isn't exactly framed as demanding that people townread me for what I've been doing (it's a pretty basic behaviour to be describing) but Italiano seems weirdly placatory here.

--

In other news, townvibes from UNOwen so far; looks like it'll take a little longer for me to get more of a feel for most of the rest of the playerlist.
#greenshirtthursdays
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 4:09 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

CDB what do you think about Lemons or boxxy?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 4:11 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 79, InsidiousLemons wrote:i don't disagree with this vote
Why do you like the vote?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 4:22 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

bloodhail it’s okay that you didn’t answer the last question, but maybe you can answer this.

What are your thought on Lemons. You’re voting for them, but with more content from them what do you think? Same? Different?
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 5:24 am

Post by bloodhail »

all these walls jesus what year is it
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 5:27 am

Post by bloodhail »

In post 86, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 32, bloodhail wrote:
In post 28, ChannelDelibird wrote:It's kind of a shame that bloodhail essentially ignored the votes entirely.
why would you expect me to react to a no content page 1 bandwagon
Not really a question of whether or not I expected you to react; more 'it would be nice if bloodhail or someone else had reacted to it in an interesting and/or useful way, although it was always possible that nobody would'.
first quote is talking about me in specific doesn't seem to imply you wanted reactions from other people
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 5:43 am

Post by bloodhail »

still think lemons is scum, the panic unvote at anya's fake E-1 and blaming it on being drunk reek of trying to look town, arguments against italiano are bad, trying to twist his words too much

i think t3 is town for probably bad reasons
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 5:44 am

In post 89, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 79, InsidiousLemons wrote:i don't disagree with this vote
Why do you like the vote?
how about you tell me why you voted first? don't answer questions with questions
ChannelDelibird wrote:Italiano seems weirdly placatory here.
this is exactly what's pinging for me. he feels very apologetic and yielding generally, and i don't believe he would be looking to please so much if he were invested in finding scum.

@anya what about italiano's defense feels town to you? this a good faith question

p-edit: bloodhail what are your "bad reasons" for the T3 townread?
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 5:45 am

Post by bloodhail »

In post 85, T3 wrote:I'm considering just voting out boxxy and lemons and hoping we win the game.
doubt theyre a team tbh
bloodhail
bloodhail
Goon
bloodhail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 5:46 am

Post by bloodhail »

In post 94, InsidiousLemons wrote:p-edit: bloodhail what are your "bad reasons" for the T3 townread?
cant say because of ongoing games
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 7:38 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 72, InsidiousLemons wrote: i've now typed a whole lot of words about what is ultimately, imo, a minor point. but although i wouldn't have blathered on quite this much unprompted, i do think it's worth remembering -- the most minor differences in phrasing can sometimes be the most telling.
I see what you're saying now. Not sure I agree that a town player wouldn't see the phrases as interchangeable but Italiano's response suggests your interpretation is right. Pretty sure I've encountered town players who came across as self-conscious in this way before though, so I'm cautious to read too much into it.

@Italiano - what are your thoughts on Lemons?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 7:40 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 82, Anya wrote: it was a random vote to produce literature in this barren excuse of a library
The initial vote was random I'm sure, it's the reason you gave for maintaining the vote which looks like it was shifting to non-random.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 7:42 am

Post by UNOwen »

Yo T3, answer my question please?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”