Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:05 pm

Post by Ginngie »

1.03 Votecount

Roden - 2 (jjh927, Titus) E - 5

Yume - 2 (mastina, Gypyx) E - 5

PookyTheMagicalBear - 1 (Roden) E - 6

mastina - 1 (Yume) E - 6

Not Voting - 7 (The one's who can't tie their shoes)

With
alive, it takes
to eliminated.

At deadline,
Roden
would be Eliminated.

Day One's deadline is Saturday, March 2rd, @ 10:00 PM EST: (expired on 2022-04-02 21:00:00).

Todays Challenge is: Every 5th post alternate each letter with capitalization (e.g. EvErY 5tH pOsT aLtErNaTe EaCh LeTtEr WiTh CaPiTaLiZaTiOn)
-your first post of each day must state if you'd like to participate using the bold tag.
-your first post of each day counts towards your post total. So bold tag is Post 1, then post 2-4, then post 5 is the important one.
-You may give up 0.25 xp to retry the challenge if either you fail to bold tag the first post or fail the challenge outright.
-Retries are limited to once per Day phase.

Spoiler: Players still in Challenge
jjh927
Yume
Titus
Dunnstral
PookyTheBear
Reinhardt
mastina
Roden
Gypyx
Last edited by Ginngie on Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:05 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 73, Dunnstral wrote:Here is what I think optimal play is for the town:

The majority of town should dip into the warrior tree for the 1-shot bulletproof. This should cause at least a few kills to fail, maybe not immediately if mafia has strongman abilities (very likely considering everyone can be a 1-shot doctor/bodyguard/bulletproof), but eventually once those abilities run out, every once in a while a kill will fail.

There will likely be members of the town who have an incentive to go into either the sneak or mage trees instead. These players should carefully consider whether they want to dip into warrior first or rush for their abilities.

I have extra knowledge to share that is not covered in the set-up that can be disadvantageous to us if not properly navigated: I believe that each tree also has a neighborhood associated with it, and that putting a point in a tree gets you access to that neighborhood. I believe that these neighborhoods do not reveal who is a part of them, so other players will not know unless you actually talk in the neighborhood. For this reason, I think that players who join the Warrior tree should not post in the neighborhood in order to make it less clear on who decided to take the tree and who is rushing something else.
I disagree with the last paragraph.

Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:10 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

WhY dO yOu DiSaGrEe WiTh ThAt?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:11 pm

Post by jjh927 »

It won't be hard to figure out whether or not investing in a skill gets you access to a hood. . .

but I don't think there's any indication that it does right now.

"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:14 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 77, Dunnstral wrote:WhY dO yOu DiSaGrEe WiTh ThAt?
I'd rather not say.

Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:14 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 78, jjh927 wrote:It won't be hard to figure out whether or not investing in a skill gets you access to a hood. . .

but I don't think there's any indication that it does right now.

I don't consider that to be a valid criticism of my proposal. If it does give you access to the warrior hood, you should not talk in it. If it does not, it does not matter.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:17 pm

Post by jjh927 »

I mEaN, I fEeL iT gOeS wItHoUt SaYiNg ThAt BuLlEtPrOoF iS tHe StRoNgEsT aBiLiTy ThErE, bEsIdEs ThE uNpReDiCtAbLe

"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:19 pm

Post by jjh927 »

The engineers might be interesting because obviously the effects of upgrading someone's role PM could wildly vary and we have no way of knowing what would happen

And of course, we don't know about the mysterious 4th ability

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:22 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Do you disagree with post ?

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:22 pm

Post by Titus »

Dunn, I don't want to talk mechanics. Talk people. Who do you want to work with this game. Same to you jjh.

Who do you think would help me improve as a player? Who do you think I struggle to read?

Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:23 pm

Post by jjh927 »

If I'm honest, I'm suspicious mafia might have some kind of unrestricted strongman nightkill with the bulletproofs being able to block any other nightkill stuff given how easily accessible these things are

I don't disagree with the idea that everyone should probably get bulletproof though.

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:28 pm

Post by jjh927 »

I'm still waiting for a few entrances and for things to progress a little. I'm not gonna rush it because things aren't gonna jump out, however;

-I think Yume will be extremely easy to place this game as either alignment. In a week we'll probably have a conclusive answer there.
-I am hesitant to place Mastina given a recent scumgame of hers.
-I have expectations of Roden's towngame and we'll see if he meets them
-Dunnstral is probably town from this discussion
-I am gonna need to see more from Pooky. He can be lazy but he'll still do things if town
-At some point, LLD is going to show up, and that will be a significant development
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:29 pm

Post by Titus »

You forgot your 3 jjh.

I'm also leaning scum on Dunn from this particular discussion.

Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:35 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Interesting that we're going different ways on this, but I don't think Dunnstral would have got something wrong around the way the hoods work if he had access to a scum PT. For that misconception, it's most likely he is town and the PT for whatever skillset he's got has been much more silent than mine

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:36 pm

Post by jjh927 »

ThAnK yOu FoR pOiNtInG oUt ThE mIsSiNg 3

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:54 pm

Post by Titus »

Disagree for reasons I don't wish to explain yet but I feel scum would know why Dunn is likely wrong. Am I 100%? No, but it's an easy thing to fake not knowing.

Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:06 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 72, Titus wrote:What is the elephant in the room?

The hoods and anyone who's lurking in them.
In post 74, jjh927 wrote:I mean, my understanding was that everyone was just assigned one of the three things and thrown into one of three neighbourhoods, independent of whether you actually take anything from that tree

There are already 4 of us who have posted in my hood

Only two others have posted in my hood besides myself. Assuming the player list was split evenly between the hoods, they should be 4-4-5 or 4-4-4 with the 13th player being hoodless. My current suspicion is on whoever is staying silent in my hood, but it's possible they just haven't been online yet.

Also, I've been way too overconfident with my reads lately, but I still read Dunn as town due to their tone. Their town and scum tones are like night and day to me.

Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:09 pm

Post by Roden »

How busy is everyone else's hoods? Is most of the gameplay just happening there? The set up is interesting enough that I feel like more people should be talking.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:09 pm

Post by Roden »

Oof, forgot my 2.

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:29 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 84, Titus wrote:Dunn, I don't want to talk mechanics. Talk people. Who do you want to work with this game. Same to you jjh.

Who do you think would help me improve as a player? Who do you think I struggle to read?

If you didn't want to talk mechanics, you would simply talk about something else. Instead it feels like you are trying to intervene and distract and deflect away as hard as possible from the mechanical suggestions with little reasoning.
In post 88, jjh927 wrote:Interesting that we're going different ways on this, but I don't think Dunnstral would have got something wrong around the way the hoods work if he had access to a scum PT. For that misconception, it's most likely he is town and the PT for whatever skillset he's got has been much more silent than mine

I am not aware of anything that I have gotten wrong.
In post 91, Roden wrote:Assuming the player list was split evenly between the hoods,
No reason to think this, it went off of u-pick flavors

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:33 pm

Post by Titus »

DuNn iNsIsTs I wOn'T tAlK aBoUt PlAyErS, bUt He IgNoReS mY qUeStIoN aBoUt PlAyErS. HeLl, EvErYoNe DiD.

Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:46 pm

Post by jjh927 »

In post 94, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 84, Titus wrote:Dunn, I don't want to talk mechanics. Talk people. Who do you want to work with this game. Same to you jjh.

If you didn't want to talk mechanics, you would simply talk about something else. Instead it feels like you are trying to intervene and distract and deflect away as hard as possible from the mechanical suggestions with little reasoning.
In post 88, jjh927 wrote:Interesting that we're going different ways on this, but I don't think Dunnstral would have got something wrong around the way the hoods work if he had access to a scum PT. For that misconception, it's most likely he is town and the PT for whatever skillset he's got has been much more silent than mine

I am not aware of anything that I have gotten wrong.
In post 91, Roden wrote:Assuming the player list was split evenly between the hoods,
No reason to think this, it went off of u-pick flavors

You don't get placed into the hoods as a result of having the abilities. You just get placed into hoods.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:53 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 52, jjh927 wrote:Okay that's a funny PR and it's funnier how you're having to balance a 4 and a 5 post counter
Oh, my posting restriction isn't a 4-thing, it's an "over half" thing. I am town, but I need to say that often. It's worth it tho, at least imo.
In post 52, jjh927 wrote:Btw, guessing it wasn't just me who got 2 of my picks weirdly mashed together rather than any 1 of my picks
Technically
speaking, I actually didn't get any of my picks at all. Technically. Granted, I kept up the tradition: I submitted troll picks, Ginngie took my troll picks and trolled me right back as per the case in prior games. (I was not disappointed; check both prior Ginngie uPicks to see what Ginngie gave me in them and you may have an idea for what I have available here.)

But I did not submit anything to do with 'lies' and yet that's what my role PM is. :P
In post 61, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I am a one shot miller cuz i got a free mage perk
go me
It saddens my town heart that Pooky is scum here. :( </3

2/5
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:58 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 69, Gypyx wrote:
In post 44, Yume wrote:VOTE: mastinaLal
VOTE: Yume
MOD: Is the lack of Gypyx vote on Yume accurate?

Vote count now includes it.
In post 86, jjh927 wrote:-I am hesitant to place Mastina given a recent scumgame of hers.
I realize that, and that's fair.

But I PROMISE you, I am town here.

I know it's weird that I am town, but I actually AM town here.

That's not a posting restriction, either. Well, I do have a restriction to
say
I am town more often than I would naturally say it, but even if I DIDN'T have the posting restriction, I still WOULD be saying I am town here because I genuinely AM town.

3/5
Last edited by Ginngie on Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:00 pm

Post by mastina »

Since I'm town, time for a readslist!