Mafia 40: The Worst Game Ever - Game over!

RangeroftheNorth
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
RangeroftheNorth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:15 am

Post by RangeroftheNorth »

Wow, if i'd realized that, I would have been way more suspicious of seol. I guess I never went back and reread Dranko's claim after I got my role PM. I didn't actually keep a record of it, so it might not have helped, but I feel dumb now.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:00 am

Post by Kerplunk »

Shite. I didn't realize there were so many remaining scum.

Thanks for modding, Pie.
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:04 pm

Post by Coron »

of the 5 n00bs 3 had to be replaced, how fitting.
WindSlicer
WindSlicer
Goon
WindSlicer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:05 pm

Post by WindSlicer »

I thought I lost it for the n00bs when I chose Ranger to be killed. I figured that it really didn't matter who we killed because we had 50% which I thought was a mafia win (i've never played a forum game that went down to 50% scum while I was scum). But we pulled through :)
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:39 pm

Post by Seol »

Coron wrote:of the 5 n00bs 3 had to be replaced, how fitting.
Of the SIX noobs, you mean.

And what's really frustrating was that if Kerplunk hadn't unvoted, the noobs weren't guaranteed a win. It could have ended up a noob-me draw, I think. Furthermore, Kerplunk
shouldn't
have voted no-lynch. Why did you do that, Kerplunk?

Town was screwed by that point, though. And six noobs was probably too many...
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:45 pm

Post by Coron »

Eh, town didn't exactly do a stelar job, though you are probably correct that 6 was too many, not to mention we had our disadvantages.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:59 pm

Post by Thok »

OK, all NOOB night messages until the day I'm lynched:

Night 1
Coron wrote:A message to your scummates. I will redistribute these messages after I receive them all. This is your only way of communicating.

Listen to the messages recieved in the order on the list. We're going to win! woooo!

-A vote for who you want to kill. Talitha

-A vote for who in your scum group you want to perform the kill. Coron
EmpTyger wrote:Message:
Hi fellow mafia! This is my first large mafia game online.

I realized that this would have been a perfect setup to allow an eavesdropper role, who would intercept a target’s nightmessage. So I originally decided to try to prepare for this case by sending a fake message greeting 5 other players randomly chosen as my mafia. However, the mod gave me the impression I was wasting my time, so I’ve resubmitted.

My play history:
Talitha was mafia, I was innocent.
Dranko and I were mafia together (with Thok). We were also innocent together, and mutually suspected one another. We’ve historically had some mutual confusion, which I might try to reincorporate.
spork was replaced out of a game in progress. (which Thok was replaced into, incidentally)
vikingfan and LML were innocent when I was mafia. I was lynched Day 1 but the mafia won. I killed Seol night 1 that game.
LML modded when I was mafia with Thok and Dranko and when Thesp was innocent. Survived and won.
I feel that I’m new enough that if something happens to me night 1, these people are probably worth extra scrutiny.

Note that my personal style, regardless of alignment, is to point out observed suspicious behavior in any player. So if I state an observation regarding something if your behavior, don’t panic; don’t ignore it, but try to allow the matter to quietly drop.

HOMEWORK FOR NIGHT 2:
(1)
Try to think up some good roleclaims we can use.

With our roles tying us together, we will need to at some point have alternate roleclaims devised. Hopefully we can squeak through Day 1 and maybe even Day 2 without too much damage, but our natural roles are not safe. One (or even two) of us might [should] try to get away with it, but clearly the label will be suspicious after the first mafia death, and deadly after the second.

I’m not sure what the typical size for a mafia group of this size game would be, but I’m guessing the town is going to have some handicaps corresponding to our communicative debilitation. And I’m wondering whether this game might be themed in that every role is “worst”. In any case, if a second killing group exists, claiming an overpowered role Day 1 is probably a bad idea anyhow.

Here are some ideas I brainstormed:
Roles:
Liar (as in “lynch-all-liars”) (probably not the safest claim)
Lurker
Bandwagoner
Specific infamous mafiascum figures
Evil mod (probably not the safest claim)

Abilities
Fun-with-post restrictions
Fun-with-vote restrictions
Insane cop.
Lowered lynching threshold
Miller
Vigilante who must kill every night?
Member of a 3 man masonry (masonry with 2 masons and a mafia member?)
Eavesdropper (perhaps with any player names in the intercepted message replaced
by mod with “X”?)

(2)
Also, try to think up a decent daytime communication method, so we can coordinate more quickly if necessary. I’m going to set up a metacode right now in case more than one person proposes a code to use. The first letter of your first post will indicate whose code will take precedent for you if there is a conflict, based on the following:
abcd- EmpTyger (for example: Does...)
efgh- Nanook (for example: Good...)
ijkl- Jadesmar (for example: I…)
mnop- Coron (for example: My… )
qrst- Astronaut (for example: The… )
uvwxyz- Thok (for example: What...)

Don’t bother doing this day 1.
(If someone is feigning a postrestriction, I’ll revise this tonight to allow that.)

For today:
If anyone’s interested in faking a mason claim, they should either random vote one of {Thesp. MageOfSpades, Kaoticity} or use the word “fun” within their first 3 posts. This will allow the fake-masons to signal each another, so that they won’t accidentally attack each other day 1. (If you don’t want to fake being a mason, don’t do either of these things in your first 3 posts!)

I might be making this more complicated than it needs to be, but just in case it would be necessary...

<>

Vote: EmpTyger kill Seol
Thok wrote:Vote: Kill LML
Vote: Send Thok

Hi scum team. I'm going to make this a fairly long message. Hopefully much of what I'm saying is redundant because you have thought of it, but I need to say it anyways.

The proper way to deal with difficult communiations systems like this is to include everything you can think of in each message that you send. Any theories for possible other scum pairings, who you are voting, plans for the future etc.

Given the way messages work, we will also need to plan ahead to organize kills. That is, your message for night 2 should include not only who you've voted to kill on night 2, but should also have a discussion of who you plan to kill night 3).

Our biggest strength as a scum group is numbers. Nobody will expect a scum group that makes up a quarter of the game. If the game situation requires it, I will vote for my felow scum members to "prove" my innocence and I expect the rest of you to do the same.

Finally, my choices for tonight were Kill LML (he's seen me and EmpTyger as scum, and is a good player) and Send Thok to do the killing. Tomorrow night I plan to vote whoever did the killing tonight to do the killing tomorrow, and I will vote in order for LML, DP, Thesp, Seol, with the highest person alive getting my vote (LML is first, DP second, etc).

As a side joke, EmpTyger, someday I will get to be the godfather and you will be low scum on the totem pole. Someday. :twisted:
jadesmar wrote:/confirm

I will allow Emptyger to go out and kill whomever he/she wishes.

to kill vote: Emptyger

Wiser people can decide whom to kill.
NanookTheWolf wrote: Hello Fellow Scum mates, Let the game begin ...

Alrighty then, for this first night, my prime choice for a kill would be Seol. Awesome player in many aspects, and not sure if he would get a protection or not considering the amount of players in this game with experience. Seol is over observant at times, which isn't always the best thing when he is on the side opposite of which I'm playing, so I'll go with that for now.

The person I'll pick to carry out the deed is Thok, just for the mere fact he is the last person in the chain of command. No other reason really.

Mod
, Have Thok kill Seol for tonight, and also in the event that neither of us chooses the same target at night, do you just take the highest ranked player in our chain's choice? .. or do you disregard any target?
[Mod's Note: I replied to Nanook saying that you will be making a choice no matter what; in that case the highest ranked in the chain's choice.]
Astronaut wrote: Hello, and welcome to the show. No strong feelings on who to get rid of yet. Lot of quality players in this game, wouldn't mind if we got rid of a couple of them early.
Who to kill: Thesp
Who to perform the kill: Jadesmar

Night 2
Thok wrote:Vote LML
Send Thok

As promised, I'm voting LML and I'm sending myself (highest living of the people from yesterday).

Something weird is going on with Blackberry, but I suspect somebody will fire at him tonight. We should ignore him for now.

Role claim idea:
Claim to be a vig that the mod mistakenly recorded as an SK in his notes. (Only do this if somebody gets a guilty on you of course).

There are three killing groups from what I can see (us, MOD=modkill, ADMIN=banned). Given our numbers and the death types, I'd guess that MOD and ADMIN are SK's, but I'm not sure of that. From what we know, I'd guess Wacky and Kaocity are those two roles, and should be avoided for now.

Tomorrow, I will try to cast my vote to match the most popular target for tonight among those living tomorrow night. If no such player is alive, my vote will be for the first in the list of DP, Seol, Versuvan, Macros who is still alive.
NanookTheWolf wrote:Coron Kills Thesp
Astronaut got his message in late, so he wasn't part of that vote (I think)
Astronaut wrote:"Well, it looks like you people were right that Seol would be among the more dangerous townies. Looks like he might've received protection last night, I'm afraid he could get it again tonight. If ater on there's an outed power role likely to receive protection, I think Seol should be picked off.

Tonight, I vote for having Thok kill Thesp."

Night 3
Thok wrote:Kill: LML
Send: Thok

Kill: LML Send: Thok

If LML investigates me (which he's fairly likely to do), do not worry about defending me too hard.
Maximumum wrote:A message to your scummates:
LML will most definitely get some sort of protection tonight (as no doc have been uncovered yet) so going after him might be futile. An elaborate doc claim at this point could be quite safe for any of us if we get into trouble.

vote for who you want to kill: Seol

vote for who in your scum group you want to perform the kill: Astronaut
NanookTheWolf wrote:Thok kills Dragon Phoenix .. Welcome to the game Maximumum!
Astronaut wrote:I think we should put some pressure on LML today. He was onto Thok, but since he was wrong about Kaoticity, we might be able to get him lynched.

I'm voting for myself to kill DP.

Night 4
Sineish wrote:My message to my scum mates is:
I think we can go after rolandofthewhite (very quick to start the bandwagon on spork as well as placing that smiley just after the lynch). I voted to send Maximumum to kill LoudmouthLee.
My vote is to kill
LoudmouthLee

I vote to send
Maximumum
to perform the kill.

Sineish.
Maximumum wrote:Vote to Kill: Seol
Vote to do the Killing: Astronaunt

We are doing very well with numbers. I think most people have me pegged as scum so if someone (especially Sineish or Astronaut since they have both been pretty much above suspicion) wants to offer up a fake investigate on me for a realistic cop claim it wouldn't be a hugely bad thing. I'm planning on claiming some sort of tracker role. If it looks like I'm going anyway you guys may as well benefit from it. Good luck all!
NanookTheWolf wrote:Thok kills Wacky
Astronaut wrote:Since both doc and backup doc are gone, I think we should make an attempt at LML. His investigations are awfully annoying.

I vote for Sineish to kill LoudmouthLee.
Thok wrote:Hopefully you don't mind my "Mod's mistake" role claim. (Actually, hopefully you'll be amused by it).

Kill LML
Send Thok

Message: Apologies for my role claim (aka scummiest role claim ever). I've been thinking over the set up and it looks like every role occurs once. So I doubt we have another doctor, given that we've killed off both a doctor and a backup doctor. So there's probably a back-up cop and a roleblocker also, but only one of each.

In any case, I vote kill LML and send Thok. We've let the cop live long enough. And I'll probably vote myself tomorrow, if I'm not nightkilled or lynched first.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:17 pm

Post by Kerplunk »

Seol wrote:
Coron wrote:of the 5 n00bs 3 had to be replaced, how fitting.
Of the SIX noobs, you mean.

And what's really frustrating was that if Kerplunk hadn't unvoted, the noobs weren't guaranteed a win. It could have ended up a noob-me draw, I think. Furthermore, Kerplunk
shouldn't
have voted no-lynch. Why did you do that, Kerplunk?

Town was screwed by that point, though. And six noobs was probably too many...
I REALLY didn't realize there were so many! I figured that we could always lynch Astronaut tomorrow. Also I had to think some more, I wasn't entirely sure of Seol's innocence (of anyone's innocence really). I was curious what the night would bring. And our chances WERE better the next day if there weren't so many scum.
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:28 am

Post by Seol »

I'm still thinking like town... :/

On the nonscum lynches:

Kaoticity was nonsense - OK, there were scum pushing the wagon, but LML pushing the angle as cop and then hinting towards that as his reason for doing so was bullshit (and the logic he provided was bullshit too).

spork was a lurkerwagon, which is inevitable at some point in the game - but it did allow us to trade one-for-one with scum, which is normally good math.

I'm pissed at Dranko/Roland - if it wasn't for that reference to the townie PM, then the whole Dranko/RotN thing wouldn't have happened day 7 (which would have meant we'd have gotten Astro that day). Of the two, RotN was clearly the correct lynch.... but Roland shouldn't have put him in that position. I lay the blame for that lynch squarely on Roland's shoulders.

No-lynch day 8 was wrong, pure and simple - the reasons being cited may have been conventional wisdom, but in a situation where Astro was clearly the correct lynch, the correct thing to do is lynch him - but with three scum out there, the only way town could win was to pile the votes on Astro quick and stall to deadline, then do the same every subsequent day... by that point, the scum had won (they were probably a little confused as to why day 8 dawned at all).

Lesson to learn - even when I'm scum, what I'm arguing for is right for the town. Every time.

Apart from the time I said that the vikingfan tell was insignificant (which it was) and provided the justification for the "comod" being a lone SK, of course. But you'd have been much better off trusting me than
Astro
. 8)
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:02 am

Post by Wacky »

Seol wrote:But you'd have been much better off trusting me than
Astro
. 8)
Does everyone agree that it was probably stupid for me to not kill every night? I was waiting for a cop to investigate me, but that never seemed to happen.

BTW, Pie, did killing result in "no investigation immunity", or "no investigation immunity and no kill immunity"?
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:49 am

Post by EmpTyger »

Thanks all and mod.

I’m sorry I only got to play in the first day, but really, I have no one to blame for that but myself. Ironically, given that I got investigated Night 1, it might even be for the best that my actions Day 1 were indefensible, so that newbies weren’t exposed defending me, an about to be confirmed mafia. Not that that’s any defense, though it is a convenient rationalization.

Well done team newbie! We did get “lucky” (in the sense that the town misplayed) a couple times, but you guys played very well regardless. I hope my attempts at using a code to coordinate didn't mess things up too badly. I was so busy badly overthinking that and whether there might be an eavesdropping that I made some obvious mistakes. Suppose there's a lesson there.

Pie:
Hilariously implemented theme. I burst out laughing the first time I read it and every time thereafter. I’ve even explained the game IRL to others for the purpose of repeating spork’s deathscene:
Pie_is_good [375] wrote:<snip>
"Well, it looks like we got a mafia," said an arbitrary townsperson.
"How do you figure?"
"He didn't have a gun."
"So?"
"Guns don't kill people, people kill people!"
"Then how did he kill people?"
"With his stethoscope."
<snip>
I’m nominating for whatever scummy it would qualify as.
Vesuvan
Vesuvan
Goon
Vesuvan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:39 pm

Post by Vesuvan »

*shakes head*

I
told
you guys to lynch Astro in case of something unexpected.

What I didn't expect was that that "something" would be Seol being scum :(

I'll get you back next time... *shakes fist*
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:38 am

Post by vikingfan »

Too bad I got killed off relatively early- I had my mind set on killing some noobs, but unfortunately, you spotted me too early.

I was thinking that Seol should have killed at least SOME nights- though the strategy would have been the right one if there was only one scum left.

Oh, and 6 noobs is way too many. 5 would have been better.
Rainbow Brite
Rainbow Brite
Flexible
Rainbow Brite
Flexible
Flexible

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:41 pm

Post by Rainbow Brite »

vikingfan wrote:Too bad I got killed off relatively early- I had my mind set on killing some noobs, but unfortunately, you spotted me too early.

I was thinking that Seol should have killed at least SOME nights- though the strategy would have been the right one if there was only one scum left.
i was mainly not killing so i remained nightkill-immune at first, and then later it was important the town believed i didn't exist.

*proxy posting - can't be bothered account-switching*
hey, a sig!
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:57 pm

Post by Cadmium »

::sorting threads::
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”