jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2004 4:24 pm

Post by jeep »

I did! But it was too early. And if you killed d8p we won anyway, I thought.

-JEEP
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2004 7:58 pm

Post by Leonidas »

Hmm. So the town lost after lynching the GF. They deserve praise.

A great setting, confusing and challenging for everyone - including the mafia.

Thanks, mod !
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun May 30, 2004 10:41 pm

Post by d8P »

Holy Cow, what a game!

I *knew* it. (Except the bit about Darkblade and Fishbulb being scum, I mean :mrgreen:)

The number of times I wrote out a post disowning Jeep cos he'd done something else that was off! I knew it would be seriously bad form to do that to a mason without proof though. Bah.

But I don't care I wasn't part of the winning team. I made it to the final scene of what will no doubt remain the longest game of mafia in history, in words and hours, for quite some time to come. w00t w00t w00t!

Congratulaions, Cuban and all the players, for a fantastic game. Thanks a million for all the work you put in.

Oh, and well done scum, you really did suck :D
[size=75]-POST NO BULLS-[/size]
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2004 1:13 am

Post by ralphmerridew »

Did anybody notice the fact that rite didn't mention being in a mason group at 14 votes?
Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2004 4:10 am

Post by Darkblade »

I had 2 plans ready if mith didn't kill d8p. The first plan was to get a note saying Fishbulb was guilty, get him lynched, then not kill. Once the town thought all the mafia were gone, I could probably more easily engineer a DS lynch. The second plan would be cooler, but harder to pull off. Namly, I'd say I got a note on how Fishbulb "now worked to finish what Gaspode has started" We planned to argue a little bit until Fishbulb would admit he had been recruited, generating the impetus nessesary to lynch DS. Of course, if we screwed up the second plan, both Fishbulb and I would be outed.

I can't believe I made it to the end without having to claim. I was thinking about claiming to be the guy from Momento who has no short term memory. Also, there was one major error I made which none of you picked up. On like Day 3, when I was being pressured, I said my role involved another person. Since everybody else had claimed near the end, I could have been outed. Pretty much all I could try would be a "I lied so I wouldn't die" type gambit.

The mathcam specticle was really a stroke of luck. I still wonder why the heck jeep decided to kill him when he looked so guilty. Thank god for the drug dealer's testimony allowing me to tie Corsato to the death

Wow, this was the second mafia game ever that I started and it's finally over. Good game to all.
"Trying to outguess the mod can be hazardous to your health" - Foolster41 in Paranoid Mafia
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2004 5:47 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

I knew Porro was innocent (or he would've taken out DS); I knew DS was innocent.
Who said we were innocent, mith? :?: :?: :?:
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2004 6:31 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Hee Hee. The "Intrigue" continues. rite was not part of a mason group. Fishbulb was a safehouse operator, and lied about rite being associated with the house. The shady characters referred to in the final story were assassins (like electra/jadesmar).

Also, more will be revealed about the alien conspiracy in the coming days. I hope to post roles either tonight or tomorrow, depending on time.
Deep Red
Deep Red
Townie
Deep Red
Townie
Townie

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon May 31, 2004 7:15 am

Post by Deep Red »

Those two plans would've been a waste of time, Darkblade. Had I not killed, you could've easily gotten d8P lynched. And if I killed someone other than d8P, it would've been one of you two.
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:49 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Good game, everyone!
Did anybody notice the fact that rite didn't mention being in a mason group at 14 votes?
Yeah, I was hoping that nobody would go back and read the rite lynching too closely.
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
Porro
Porro
Townie
Porro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:02 am

Post by Porro »

:(

Thanks for the game CS, and all the other players :D

What a shame we all died just when I was starting to believe DS's tale about me being evil without even knowing it :shock: :roll:

One thing confuses me though, namely how did Fishbulb get 3 kills in one night? I don't recall playing a game with a role of such ability before :?

Darkblade, you certainly had me fooled, I thought you might even be the only 'townie' left. Congrats to you and Fishbulb :x :x :x :wink:
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:32 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Ca mon!! I can't wait any longer! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:14 pm

Post by cuban smoker »

ROLES!

All of this was sent to the players, with the exception of the parts headed by >> right after a PM, which were notes for me, not meant for the players.

Porro was the Mayor, DS a kidnapper, DarkBlade was the corrupt Cop, Fishbulb the SafeHouse Operator, d8p the daughter, and mith the Mad Scientist. The rest are on the front page.

You are a Professional Assassin (MAFIA)

You will not participate in night kills. You will not be told who the other Mafia are. Instead, you will be relayed a name each night by me. This name comes from the Mafia, and it is your target for the next day. You should try and get this person killed during the day. If you are successful, the Mafia will secretly hide you away in a safe house for the night (provided there is a suitable safe house), protecting you from any other attempted night kills and police investigations (any cop will find you not at home, and receive no result). Every night you will receive a name, your target for the next day.

You have one other option at your disposal. Your trusty sniper rifle has two bullets loaded in it. During the day, and only up to two times in the game, you may write the word “bang” somewhere in one of your posts. You should PM me to point this out as well, but I will try and notice. About 24 hours (real time) after you make the post with the word “bang”, I will openly declare your target dead, shot in the head by a sniper rifle in broad daylight… The day will continue, with the town still allowed to lynch someone.

Your identity will not be revealed, but you obviously take a chance by writing the word “bang”. It is up to you to creatively disguise your post. Oh, and writing something like “banging” does not count. The word must stand-alone.

Anyway, if you choose to use this option, you will again be protected from night kills and police investigations that night. But you may only use this option up to two times during the game (and obviously only once per day).

Although the Mafia do not know this, you cannot be killed by conventional night killers, due to your extensive training. Instead, you will ambush your (attempted) killer, and instruct him/her to leave and never return to your dwelling. You will not be told the identity of this person (you’d rather not know, really). The killer will be told of this encounter, but the Mafia or other killer will have to deduce what it means by themselves.

The most important part: Your victory condition is to survive. You really don’t care who comes out ahead, you just want to live, maybe retire someplace nice...

Please confirm, and then await your first target, which you will receive tonight.

You are Mafia (MAFIA)

Together with jeep, Bobacino, Leonidas, DarkBlade, and Mackay, you are trying to kill all the members of the town. You must designate one Mafia henchmen as the killer each night (a different person may be chosen each night). The Mafia henchman designated to make the kill may not use another ability the same night!

Luckily, you have the contact of a professional Assassin who is living in this town. Every night, along with your kill, you may request that I relay one name to the assassin. (S)He will do everything in their power to get that person killed the next day. You may choose a different name each night.

>> If the mafia target the Mayor, they have the option of turning the Mayor. If they choose this option, the Mayor must, in his next post, vote for a person of the Mafia’s choosing. The Mayor may only vote for this person this day. The Mafia maintain this control over the Mayor until the mayor dies. The mayor may continue to say what he wants. If the mayor does not vote properly, he will be day killed. Otherwise, the mafia may only kill him by targeting him again.

Mafia 1
You are a Safe House owner (MAFIA)

In addition to being Mafia, you own a safe house where you will hide your assassin after his successful missions. This is a passive role. If you die, the assassin will no longer be able to hide in your safe house.

Mafia 2
You are OJ Simpson (MAFIA)

In addition to being Mafia, you will be found innocent by cops who investigate you. However, you must make a reference to a bloody glove in at least one post every day. If you do not follow these instructions, you will lose your protection from cops.

Mafia 3
You are a corrupt Cop (MAFIA)

In addition to being Mafia, you will be able to investigate one person per night. You may not be the mafia henchperson who performs the kill and investigate on the same night.

>> Vague role descriptions.

Mafia 4
You are the Kryptonite holder (MAFIA)

You may pick a target every night. If that target is Superman, you kill Superman. If not, nothing happens. Your Kryptonite protects your family from Superman’s abilities until you die. You may not be the mafia henchperson who performs the kill and uses the Kryptonite on the same night.

Mafia GodFather
You are the Millionaire (MAFIA)

A respected member of the town, everyone honours your success and invites you to all the box socials. Unbeknownst to them, you are the evil Mafia Godfather. You will of course turn up innocent to conventional cop investigations. You may not be killed at night.

You have final say in deciding night targets if there are disagreements. You may even privately contact me to give me a target that is different from what I receive from another mafia, and I will honour your choice over whatever else I receive.

You have a daughter, <<insert name here>>, who you may talk with at night. She is innocent, and believes you are innocent.

You are a member of a Band of Kidnappers (INNOCENT)

Along with Dragon Slayer, Kelvin, ambic, and CaptainBlicero, you form a group of professional kidnappers. You have come to this town to kidnap the millionaire’s daughter, and collect the ransom you are sure he will pay. Unfortunately, you don’t know who the millionaire is, or who his daughter is. You decide to begin kidnapping people randomly.

You may kidnap one person per night with your band, and bring them to one of your houses. That is, you must specify a target, and one of your houses to hide the target in. That target will “disappear” for the duration of 1 night and 1 day, and escape immediately after the next day’s lynching. You may not kidnap the same person 2 nights in a row. The kidnap victims are never told any of your identities. They will not be allowed to perform their role on the night they were kidnapped, and will not be able to post, vote or be lynched on the following day. They may perform their role on the night they escape.

If you find the millionaire’s daughter, I will let you know, and give you new instructions.

You may talk with your band at night. All of you are innocent, and know each other to be innocent.

>> If a cop investigates the house where you elect to hide your victim on the same night you kidnap that victim, the cop will be told that he witnessed a kidnapping, and will be told who was kidnapped. However, he will only be told the identity of the owner of the house, not every kidnapper. Conversely, if the cop goes to the victim’s house, no one will be home. A arrest may be made.

>>If a killer comes to the house where you elect to hide your victim on the same night you kidnap that victim, the killer will kill the owner of the house, and the kidnap victim will escape at the end of the night.

You are the millionaire’s daughter (INNOCENT)

Your father, the millionaire, is <<insert name here>>. You may talk with him at night. He is innocent.

You are a prostitute (INNOCENT)

You may pick one target per night, and block their role by “occupying” them.

You are the carrier of an airborne virus (SERIAL KILLER)

You don’t actually kill people outright, but your victory condition is to be the last one alive. Every night, you may target one person, infecting them. The disease is deadly. You also know that once a person is infected, they can spread it to others. Of course, being a hapless virus victim yourself, you’re not quite sure how all this works. Good luck!

You are a biochemist (INNOCENT)

You are a scientist, not a doctor. You have recently developed an antidote for a dangerous virus that has been reported in a few neighbouring towns. Anticipating the arrival of the virus here, and expecting it to mutate, you have designed the perfect antidote. Unfortunately, it hasn’t been approved by the FDA, so you can’t sell it. Instead, you may only administer the antidote to people who come looking for the drug.
Fearing an epidemic, you begin making more of the drug. Every night, you may give a vial of the drug (enough for the whole town) to another person, with instructions on how to administer the drug to anyone who may need it. Hopefully this is enough to prevent pandemonium.
One word of warning: you are not immune to the virus. It is NOT within your best interest to declare to the town that you have a drug that protects against the disease. If you become infected, your supply of drugs will become contaminated, and thus useless.

You are an FBI rising star (INNOCENT)

Think big blockbuster movie, like Silence of the Lambs. Fresh out of the academy, you know everything, and the town’s hopes rest on your shoulders. You may investigate 1 person per night, and you will always be told their allegiance, even if they normally would be found innocent by a normal cop. You are sane.
You will also be able to survive 1 night kill. You will not be told who tried to kill you.

>> FBI agent finds kidnap victim
If the FBI agent investigates the house where the kidnap victim is being held, the victim escapes at the end of the night, and the FBI agent is told the identities of the ENTIRE kidnapping band. They are also informed that the kidnappers are technically innocent.

>>FBI agent find terrorist
If the FBI agent finds the terrorist, the agent will be given the option to arrest the terrorist on this night, AND every subsequent night until the agent elects to do so.

You are a small-town cop (INNOCENT)

Not very interested by these tales of Mafia, you are more concerned with other crimes that are committed in your town. Together with << insert name here >>, your partners, you are looking for people who are explicitly breaking the law for other reasons. Every night you may investigate someone, and if they are guilty of something, you will arrest them, and put them in the county jail (after they perform any role they have that night). An arrested person may not post, may not be lynched, and may not perform their role at night (but, again, they can the night you arrest them). You may release an arrested person at the end of any night (not the same night you arrest them) by informing me of your wish that night.
You may talk with your prisoners at night. That is, they may want to convince you to release them, and this is your opportunity to listen to their testimony.
It should be noted that the council will be voting on the fate of the prisoners the night after you arrest them. This is the same night you may begin talking with them. If you choose the release a prisoner, that takes precedent over whatever the council decides. If you choose not to release a prisoner, they are in the council’s hands.
It is important to note that you may not be able to tell that the Mafia are doing anything wrong, so you may not be able to arrest some of the Mafia (you need “just cause”).
The game will end in the town’s favour if all evil people are dead, or behind bars.

You are a terrorist (SERIAL KILLER)

Your only goal is total carnage. You don’t even stand behind any political group or cause. Your only wish is to destroy. Every night you may very messily kill one person. You may elect to describe your method of destruction as well (like house bomb, fire, automatic weapon fire…) or I will choose something equally terrifying. The town should fear going to sleep while you are alive. Every kill should be a statement that worse is to come. Your victory condition: kill everyone.

You are a wizard (INNOCENT)

You have a number of spells, which you may each use once per game, and only one per night. After you cast a spell, it is used up. You do not need to cast a spell on any given night.
1) Shroud of Darkness – will skip the next day, causing this night and the next night to occur consecutively. Everyone, including you, will be told the results of this night, and then proceed into the next night.
2) Magic Armour – will protect a target of your choosing from night kills for the next 3 nights, starting tonight.
3) Detect Alignment – will reveal the alignment (good or evil) of 3 consecutive people on the “alive players” list.
4) Mind Control – will give you control of your target’s vote for the next day. They will be able to do nothing else but vote for a person of your choosing.
5) Plague – you may pick one of the 10 plagues from the bible, and I will cause it to happen to the town during the next day. This does nothing relevant, but will send the town into hysterics!

You are a retired bodyguard (INNOCENT)

Having made a comfortable living protecting an old important person (who passed away by natural causes, thank you very much) you feel a little pressure to put your skills to use in the coming few days. Every night you may pick someone to protect, and they will be protected from night kills. However, if they are targeted when you protect them, you get lightly injured. Your injury will be visible to the town. If you successfully protect someone a second time, your injury will be more severe. The third time, you will die. The injuries have no affect on your performance (until you die!). Nothing happens to you if no one targets your choice.

You also have the opportunity to intercept a day kill. I will warn you if a day kill is about to occur, and who the attempt is being made on. This will work the same way as a night kill.

You are Superman (INNOCENT)

You may pick a target every night. Then you may choose one of two things: You may protect that target, or investigate that target

>> Superman may not kill any of the Mafia if the Kryptonite holder is still alive. Superman will receive no result when he investigates the Mafia if the Kryptonite holder is still alive. Superman may not protect someone from a Mafia kill if the Kryptonite holder is still alive.

You are the Paragon of Mafia Hunters (INNOCENT)

You have an uncanny ability to find Mafia. If a bandwagon you start (that is, you are the first person to vote for) gets up to half the number required to lynch, rounded up, you will be contacted by the mod. The mod will inform you whether your “target” is innocent or guilty. You will only be informed for the FIRST occurrence of each day. That is, you may not use this ability more than once per day.

>> “Innocent”, “Not Mafia not Innocent”, and “Innocent” at first, but “Mafia” the same night, with the restriction that the Paragon cannot reveal why he got this new information.

You are the ring bearer (INNOCENT)

At any time that more then 25% of the town is voting for you, you may don your ring. You will disappear for the rest of the day. You may not post, vote, or be lynched, and any vote you had cast will be nullified.

Journalist (INNOCENT)

Every night, you may pick any one post from the previous day, and the mod will tell you whether it contained a lie or not. The mod will identify all the sentences/phrases that qualify in that post. You may also give me a story of your choosing each night, limit 250 words, to post in the morning paper anonymously.

Mayor (INNOCENT)

You may, once and only once, order the staying of the execution of one of your citizens. Any time between the time a citizen receives half the votes required for a lynch and the time they are lynched you may publicly declare the staying of the execution. This will end the day with a no lynch. You should post something like: “This Execution will be stayed”.
You also have a permanent seat on council, and all the privileges that come with it. Neither the town or the council will be informed of this, and you may be elected as a council rep by your riding.

Mad Scientist (VIGILANTE)

You have perfected a potion that turns you into a fearsome monster at night, turning back to your normal self during the next day. If you choose to consume some of your potion at night, the next day you will hide in your house, recovering, safe from lynches, but unable to post or vote.
The night you do consume the potion, you may kill one person. You have an unlimited amount of this potion, but you may not use it two nights in a row.
Note: you are a vigilante. You win when the town wins.

Expert surgeon (INNOCENT)

Every night, I will give you the list of people who were killed that night. You may choose one of them, and perform a 'miracle' to save them. They will not die that night. You may only save any given person once during the game, and you may only use this ability THREE times. You may, obviously, choose not to save anyone. The town will not be informed of any special occurrence (just like a normal doctor's protection)

Xalt-"click"-up the Alien (the click is the sound made from clicking your tongue) (solo MASON)

You are a member of a super-intelligent alien delegation, studying human interaction and social patterns. You are the leader of a mason group, which currently has only 1 member: you. Your goal is to try and protect the town from certain destruction at the hands of the mafia.
Every night, you have two choices: offer to recruit someone, or force your will upon someone. If you offer to recruit someone into your group of intellects, they will be told of your offer, and must choose by the end of the next day. You may not recruit mafia or any other evil role. You will not be able to differentiate between a refusal, and a refusal because you chose a mafia member.
If you choose to force your will upon someone, they automatically join your group at the end of the next day. You may not recruit mafia, or other evil roles.
You may talk with your group members at night. You are all assured or each other's innocence.
If you offer recruitment to someone and they accept, they keep their ability. If you force your will upon someone, they lose their ability, but gain another. This ability will be chosen from a pre-determined list of abilities by the mod. You and the target will both be informed of this new ability.
One final thing: You may, during any night, inform me of your desire to "coerce" the members of your group under your will the next day. You may control their votes by telling me whom you want them to vote for, and I will privately inform them of your choice. I will not tell them it was you who forced this upon them. They will be able to post as normal, but they will only be able to vote for your choice.

Drug Dealer (INNOCENT)

Every night you may give one of your drugs to a target of your choice. You only have one of each drug, and you may only use one drug a night. You may elect not to give any drugs on any given night.
1) Marijuana – Your target becomes very mellow, and loses the desire to do anything tonight. You effectively block their role.
2) Hallucinogen – Your target is confused about the world around him, and if they have a role, set out to perform it, except they perform their role towards a target that you specify to me. Please provide the new target when you give this drug to someone.
3) ‘Upper’ – Your target is so pumped up that they perform their role twice. The target will be given the choice of whom their second target is.
4) ‘Downer’ – Your target becomes so depressed that they do not feel like leaving the house, and instead perform their role on themselves.
5) Deadly Combination – You give your target a deadly combination of a few different drugs, and kill them.

Postal Office Worker (VIGILANTE)

Every night you may deliver one piece of mail to a target of your choice. You will be able to tell who the mail came from by inspecting the envelope. If the person you deliver to is killed that night, the burden of the job becomes too much and you go “postal”. The next day you must choose someone to shoot in broad daylight. The town will be told that you performed the killing.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:22 pm

Post by cuban smoker »

Porro, to answer your endgame question, on the last night Fish killed mith and mith killed d8p. This would allow you to wake up with 2 mafia vs your two person alien cult. Since you wouldn't have quorum for council, and could never get it, there would be no lynches. DS could only guess which of you to protect for so long, and one of you would die. Then the mafia lynches the other one. Game over. So... true to the old form of night stories, I ended it when it was clinched.
Porro
Porro
Townie
Porro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:49 am

Post by Porro »

So DS was incorrect when he told me (last night), that you had told him, that in a 2 on 2 day, our two votes (being alien cult) would be enough to overpower the rest of the town and cause a lynch?
Porro
Porro
Townie
Porro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:51 am

Post by Porro »

So DS was incorrect when he told me (last night), that you had told him, that in a 2 on 2 day, our two votes (being alien cult) would be enough to overpower the rest of the town and cause a lynch?
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:54 am

Post by cuban smoker »

I told him that in a draw situation, with townies left, you would be able to. In a mafia non-draw situation, you loses.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:37 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

You must have said that in a different PM that I don't remeber. It wasn't in the e-mail.

This is what I got:

And I quote from you're e-mail to me, CS:

If it comes down to 2 on 2, or 1 on 1, you will be
able to overpower the others and win.
As you can tell- the alien mason group/-->CULT was EVIL- but not at first. It wasn't until Gaspode's death that I changed.

Here's the e-mail:
Cuban Smoker wrote:
Dragon Slayer...

you have a problem. As you try and sleep tonight, you toss and turn. Visions
of Gaspode keep haunting you... the shapes, the ideas... they are all
flowing together, creating a veritable haze in your mind. Slowly, using some
techniques Xalt taught you, you gain control of your mind. Your thoughts
become clearer, and you realize that part of Xalt has been imprinted on your
subconscious. Probing deeper, you realize that Xalt was... controlling you.
You don't believe he ever enacted this power, but the realization is
disturbing.

Studying your thoughts, you begin to understand the transformation that Xalt
went through. You knew his intentions were kind, but something strange
happened last night... he... changed... You always thought that
pinkish-purple light had something to do with it. Now you realize this must
have been when he mentally raped you. What did he want...?

Fighting with self-control, you delve into yourself. Xalt had gone mad with
power, and you were his first... victim. He was trying to take over the
town. But... not by killing... by controlling... by being...

You understand now. Xalt's memory pulls at your mind. Fully aware of his
presence, you are surprised that even now, he is very strong. You feel
compelled to do his bidding, to complete his mission. Touched by his
passion, you cannot turn away. You truly are a member of the EVIL ALIEN
CULT.

You maintain your ability to protect anyone in your group. You gain no new
abilities. Of course, your group is only two people, you and Porro. Porro
KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT THIS, and still believes you are a mason group.
Unfortunately, you cannot kill, you cannot recruit.
You win if your group is
a majority of the town. If it comes down to 2 on 2, or 1 on 1, you will be
able to overpower the others and win. And, the town cannot win while you are
alive.
You can tell Porro if you want. His fate is linked to yours. He is no
longer town, although he still believes he is... he was not... embraced.

[Points of clarification: untrod and Porro were both simple recruits. You
were a simple recruit (even though he forced recruited you), until last
night when the group changed alignment, and only Gaspode knew it. He took
dominion over you. Now, when untrod died, he was a member of the cult, which
is publicly of unknown allegiance. Same as Gaspode. If you die, the cult
will be revealed for what it is. If Porro dies, his alignment will remain
unknown.]

The bold was mine.

Here are some e-mails between me and Gaspode and some others. I don't
have the AIM conversations right now, though (aka I am too lazy to find them).
Gaspode on SEPARATE occasions wrote: Woohoo! Porro is now part of our mason group. A few things...

--Porro, if you have an AIM screen name, our conversations could happen much faster. (I'm tdinap88 or GaspodeTheGreat, DS is Bobmets64, and UT is DonniePMcEwan).
--I'm embarrassed to say that I've forgotten what your role is, Porro. If you could tell us what it is, give us any info you have, etc. it would help.
--Finally, we have to decide who to recruit tonight, and how. (I can invite someone, like I did for Porro and UT, or I can force-recruit them, like I did for DS.)

Go alien masons!

--Gaspode

Who should we go for, and how? I don't really like the idea of going for the last BoK person; it's a waste, as we know he's innocent already and have that double mason functionality if we really need to talk to him. Speaking of which, maybe UT should fill him in on what's going on around here. What's your take on everything? (cc everything Intrigue-related to Porro and UT if you have their emails.)

--The neglectful mafiaist

Vote Porro for the Council if you haven't already. Hurry; the day will start in less than a day.
-DS
Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:24 am

Post by Darkblade »

I told you so! I honestly thought that there was a good chance that DS would emerge the victor.
"Trying to outguess the mod can be hazardous to your health" - Foolster41 in Paranoid Mafia
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:13 pm

Post by mith »

So, basically, I had no chance anyway. Screw all ya'll. ;)

If only the aliens could've killed, I could've pulled one of my "get everyone shooting at you and then duck" tricks. :)
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:11 pm

Post by cuban smoker »

Yeah... after the town lynched Corsato and the Mafia killed Someone (while mith offed Leo), it was down to 3 townies, 2 cult members and 2 mafia. The no lynch basically guaranteed the town couldn't win (unless mafia killed cult, mith killed more mafia, lynch, etc.)

You'll see once I get all the events tidied up that if the aliens FORCED recruited enough, they would gain a killer. Otherwise, they were supposed to win by recruiting a majority, as usual for a cult.

And, I stand by my endgame resolution. 2 mafia > 2 cult > 2 townies.
Porro
Porro
Townie
Porro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:15 pm

Post by Porro »

Well that was intriguing :wink:

Good game whatever the result...and DS and I can believe 'we woz robbed' to lessen the pain of defeat :lol: :lol: :lol:
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:56 pm

Post by mith »

Think you have that backward, cs. 3 Mafia, 2 Townies.

And I went and killed the other one. :) That's what he gets for sticking with jeepscum.

Ah well, at least I nabbed two of them. With Werescum's help, of course. And I claim Electra. :P
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:56 pm

Post by jeep »

You may
protect
that target, or
investigate
that target

>> Superman may not
kill
any of the Mafia if the Kryptonite holder is still alive.
Could he kill us if the Kryptonite Holder was dead?

-JEEP
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:23 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Interesting... I think what happened was originally I gave superman at least one kill option, then decided against it later... without changing the note. I'm not at home right now, but I think I'll try and post more stuff by tomorrow.
Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:47 am

Post by Darkblade »

No, I claim ELectra. I was the one who revealed her in the first place. We were sending targts and they weren't dieing, so I decided to play a gambit and sacrifice her one I found out about her.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”