the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:40 am

Post by the silent speaker »

No one had SAID what it stood for or what it meant until AFTER I asked.
If no one had said what it stood for, then how did you know to ask about
Information Instead of Analysis
as opposed to "IIoA"?
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:43 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

If no one had said what it stood for, then how did you know to ask about Information Instead of Analysis as opposed to "IIoA"?
Then someone said it, and didn't explain it. I don't remember. All I know is I learned what Information Instead of Analysis was this game and only AFTER I asked. You can read it yourself that after I asked what it was someone just gave me the name. What are you looking for?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Crazy wrote:Oh, and btw, I plan to reread this game soon and actually post something more than tangent one-liners. Probably tomorrow.

The reason why I said my case on Forbiddan was weak was because I thought it was, but out of DGB's choices, she was my preferred lynch. I didn't really find Tar, BM, or Coron that scummy at all.
If you thought that case was weak you should have never pushed it. Instead you should have found a stronger case on someone else to push. Even if that strong case was on someone not among The king's choices. Encouraging the King to blow up someone with a weak case on them is bad. You should of had the nerve to convince the King that there are other better choices out there not on the king's list.
forbiddanlight wrote:To be honest, I've been a bit remiss right now and kinda been not sure what to say. I will state that enough people have corrobated lurker Iron Man that I will
Unvote
,,,and I actually could see Crazy scum just given how he's been very single minded on iron man (easy lynch) and the earlier trouble with the weak case. I'm not sure I understand why Bat is scummy beyond the way he voted for deadlines? But yeah,
Vote Crazy
Wait... so you were on ironman for lurking. Crazy was on ironman for lurking. You now realize ironman lurks in all his games. And so you vote Crazy for being too focused on ironman. Did I miss something here? Did I read you wrongly or did you say: You were on Ironman just for his lurking and now you are on Crazy because he is still focusing on Ironman's lurking?
armlx wrote:
If you think he is town he should not die regardless of how anti-town you see him play.
I came around to thinking he was townish after I made the he should auto-die statement, and K7's play is always not very pro-town.
That was a rather fast change of opinion. I believe you were the mod of Random 3 so I would have guessed you'd have relied on any meta reads you had gotten there before you even considering having K7 get blown up. K7 was resigned to getting blown up until Twomz said he would never be able to get a read on K7. So now it appears he is not giving up since he is defending himself / responding to twomz Comments
Twomz wrote:I see nothing wrong with restricting who you are going to blow up, but it seems silly to have it on a deadline...

unvote, vote: K7
I'd rather eliminate players who are hard to figure out early rather than later.
killa seven wrote:So you basically just vote people u cant get a read on?

Nice scum hunting.

Seriosuly WOW.
killa seven wrote:
Twomz wrote:What do you want me to do? I'm not saying I don't have a read on him now, I'm saying that I will NEVER get a read on him... unless of course I am mistaken in who I think he is.
Who do you think i am?
@Armlx,
Did/does any of this effect your thoughts on K7's alignment?
@Twomz,
I'd like you to say who you thinks K7 is because if you thinks K7 is somebody, i'd like to know how that effects your readings of K7.
M4yhem wrote:
PokerFace wrote:considering wifom involved for even a second can effect your judgement.
Oh come on, it’s not voodoo. I think talking about things is better than not talking about them, even if they’re confusing. There’s bound to be a reason TDC was chosen- even if he was picked completely randomly, that points to some people more than others. Just because it’s hard to figure out doesn’t mean we should stick our fingers in our ears.
I just don't think it is good to dwell too much on it. Granted you weren't exactly dwelling on it, Twomz primarily was.
Twomz wrote:And while it's shrouded in WIFOM, TDC, you might want to put more or less weight on your target depending on if you pushed for them yesterday or not. Because realistically the mafia would want to pick a bomb they think would kill a person they want dead (2 birds with one stone), but knowing that they could pick a person who was attacking one of them to "clear" that person.
but it was you giving the suggestion "Not Coron" that didn't sit well with me. Saying your opinion before TDC gave his felt off just a little that's all. Like you were trying to direct his thoughts on a wifom issue. There is no 100% way townies can know why a bomb was given to who. Whenever I deal with wifom I pick the first answer i think of and never change my mind i don't let others pick it for me in matters of wifom only. But asside from this issue i have seen your play so far as very town so I am not going to press a big case on you for something like this.
armlx wrote:
Ok, not seeing a difference, but could you still answer the question on why scum would do it? How bout you armlx?
Because being scum puts people out of their comfort zones which makes them do rediculous anti-town things?
Your reasoning hear seems flawed in that you don't express what scum would seek to gain, and that you have a question mark at the end there, like you are unsure of your own answer. Dos's answer was better.
DragonsofSummer wrote:Because the way you did it is very subtle. It isn't a blatant attack, but it does kind of throw a little suspicion on whether or not DGB (even though confirmed town) is making good decisions, and it doesn't really put all that much light on you like a blatant attack would.
Battousai wrote:How do you get it is as being aggressive? I only told her once that she hasn't answered my question yet. Does anyone else see those two quotes as being aggressive?
No, not really. I can see why they are saying it is, but I feel as though they are jumping at shadows or just taking it the wrong way.

That's pretty much all I found interesting from page 30 to now. I'm all caught up. Alot of people haven't posted in awhile so...

K-scope may want to send out a round of prods to whoever needs proddings based on the games posting requirements.

I am still down for a Crazy explosion. And that's a player's name, not an adjective.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Wait... so you were on ironman for lurking. Crazy was on ironman for lurking. You now realize ironman lurks in all his games. And so you vote Crazy for being too focused on ironman. Did I miss something here? Did I read you wrongly or did you say: You were on Ironman just for his lurking and now you are on Crazy because he is still focusing on Ironman's lurking?
That and the fact that he's on NO ONE ELSE. Though to be fair, today has been horrid for me since I'm having trouble getting into this game. I think I need to stop taking on so many large games :S. But yeah, the fact that Crazy isn't adjusting to the situation isn't a town tell. Scared to trip, perhaps?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by armlx »

That was a rather fast change of opinion. I believe you were the mod of Random 3 so I would have guessed you'd have relied on any meta reads you had gotten there before you even considering having K7 get blown up. K7 was resigned to getting blown up until Twomz said he would never be able to get a read on K7. So now it appears he is not giving up since he is defending himself / responding to twomz Comments
I wasn't thinking in context of that game when I first passed judgment.

And that whole Twomz interaction seems standard for K7 to me.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:12 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

I'm going to do a massprod since I lack time to check who posted and who didn't. Deadline for this is October the 2nd, 21.00 GMT+1
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:19 am

Post by TDC »

Crazy (3) : Pokerface, Haschel Cedricson, forbiddanlight

alvinz95 (3) : Max, Battle Mage, M4yhem
Battousai (2) : armlx, DragonsofSummer
Iron Man (2): Iron Man, Crazy
armlx (2) : Twomz, Battousai
killa seven (2) : killa seven, Twomz
DragonsofSummer (1) : the silent speaker
Jex (1) : Jex
the silent speaker (1) : Coron
Max (1) : alvinz95

Deadline:
Sunday, October 5th 12:00 CET.
Thursday, October 2nd, 12.00 CET

Not sure why K-scope felt he'd need to short the day by 3 more days, but we'll have to deal with it.
Will try to post as much as I can think of on thursday between my and the mod's deadlines and I encourage the lynch to do the same.

That said, no votes were cast for a whole week, that's just disappointing.
Are you really going to lynch someone with just three votes?
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:05 am

Post by M4yhem »

Why is crazy in bold and not Alvinz?

Anyway, I can see the case for Crazy. He has been very quick to back away whenever he's challenged. He seems to be without any conviction at all.

I'm still happy with an Alvinz lynch. I feel he's been overly focused on Max and his analysis hasn't been very careful.

Don't know about Armlx; hard to tell.

Did iron man ever come back?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

M4yhem wrote:Did iron man ever come back?
Nope. His last post in our game was Aug 30th. I don't know the time of his last post on the site overall though.

[quote="KaleiÃ
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:24 am

Post by armlx »

Sigh, no reread tonight. I guess Crazy is fine, he hasn't really actively done much despite being called out on it a lot.

Unvote, Vote Crazy
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:30 am

Post by Battousai »

sorry for not posting guys, been busy with a tantric/ pop evil concert, fair, and a couple parties.

Armlx is the only person I could see blown up, as the others I do not have as much a feeling against, so my vote is going to stay where it is.

Armlx: So your voting crazy because he hasn't been active even though people have already told him to post. Why not Iron man? He hasn't posted at all for almost a month. How about Jex or K7? Both of these people hardly post (K7 posts a lot of empty posts). TSS has only started talking a bit more lately. So what I'm getting at is that I think you're voting crazy because he is in the lead to be lynched.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:41 am

Post by armlx »

Iron man hasn't posted on site since the 13th and needs replacement. Jex is a known lurker across the board, K7 is known to do exactly what he is doing here as I said. TSS is at least trying to post content. Crazy is only popping up when called upon and not posting content. That's the issue at hand here.

Blatant misrep of the issues at hand..... 1 more thing for the list of reasons Batt should be lynched by he won't be.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:47 am

Post by Battousai »

Lol, I didn't misrepresent you. I asked you questions in which I expected answers, and I came to a conclusion that I got upon first look of your vote and posted it. I never said Armlx voted crazy because crazy is in the lead to be lynched. Rather I said I THOUGHT that, which implied that it was my opinion and for anyone else to gather THEIR OWN.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:52 am

Post by armlx »

You did. You included Iron Man in the list (simply flaked) and TSS (actually posting content) in the list of similar people, when in fact they share no characteristics.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:58 am

Post by Battousai »

Crazy: lurking
Iron Man: is gone (but could have been lurking for awhile before he flaked)
TSS: lurked, but only now started posting content. Which I noted in my original post
Jex: is lurking
K7: is lurking, posts are mostly empty posts

Everyone knows Iron man flaked before I posted that, so I assumed everyone knew he flaked and I expected an answer from you stating that he flaked and is the reason you're not voting him.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:02 am

Post by armlx »

I never argued that Jex and K7 weren't lurking, I just argued that meta-wise that means nothing for them.
Everyone knows Iron man flaked before I posted that, so I assumed everyone knew he flaked and I expected an answer from you stating that he flaked and is the reason you're not voting him.
ORLY?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:04 am

Post by Battousai »

YA RLY!
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:05 am

Post by armlx »

YA RLY!
Its just such a convenient thing to say that after the fact I call you out on it.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:14 am

Post by Battousai »

Yes, yes, it's convenient, because it's the truth. You just have me ingrained in your mind that I'm scum, so that everything I say is a scum tell. I bet I could say peanuts in a post and your next post would be saying that is another reason to lynch me. ANYONE would already know that Iron Man is being replaced by reading the thread, so EVERYONE should already know that by the time I posted my initial post....
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:17 am

Post by armlx »

Then what was the point?
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:29 am

Post by Max »

TDC, I don't think KScope reads the game, just searches for the posts of you. And skims to see if there has been someone blown up
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:32 am

Post by Battousai »

I wanted to see how you would respond if I gave a bunch of names of people who have lurked in the game, whereas you decided to vote crazy instead of them. Your reaction was that I was misrepresenting you, which I wasn't plus meta for K7/Jex and TSS has started to contribute.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:16 am

Post by killa seven »

Batt would you say your posts are content filled?
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
Battousai
Battousai