saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by saulres »

If I were looking for someone to lynch, I would have placed a vote already.

You don't know we're not lynching anyone today. Zdenek has a vote on KJ he might not want to move.

I'm not putting the same focus on KJ or Zdenek because KJ won't vote for himself, and Zdenek is already voting for him. The only possibility for scum to quickhammer a townie is for you to jump on a KJ vote after I lay it. I'd be focussing on anyone who I might be handed a quickhammer to.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by saulres »

ebwop: handing. handing a quickhammer to.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:28 pm

Post by Beck »

I do know we aren't lynching anyone today because 2 people did the smart thing and voted no lynch, all you have to do is vote no lynch also and we can hash everything out tomorrow
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

"Without rules there is Chaos" C. Kramer
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by saulres »

Unless I feel that I, as town, am being set up to be mislynched tomorrow and cost us the game. Which is what KJ did, he set me up. If he goes through with that you won't be here tomorrow to hash anything out. Are you willing to trust that Zdenek won't vote me? Is your read of Zdenek as town strong enough that you trust him to vote KJ?

How about if Zdenek's not around, and you have to decide between me and KJ, while I have to decide between you and him. Do you trust me to make the right decision? Or even trust yourself enough?

And what if KJ's not around? You've made it clear you'll vote for me. That will cause us to lose the game to Zdenek scum, or put it all in my hands if he votes you. Again, do you trust me to make the right call?

If I'm not around, then that's that. And I'd have to hope the two remaining townies make the right decision.

From my point of view, the game is on the line right now. I want to be as sure as I can as to what's going to happen, so I can make the right decision and hopefully win one of these for once. There are 6 real-life days to do that in, during which I can have my solid answers as to what I'd do. What's the big rush to get to tomorrow so quickly?
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by saulres »

@Mod
: Got a mistake here.

In post 870, Papa Zito wrote:5. saulres (0):
6. Beck (0):
12. killerjester(1): Zdenek
13. Zdenek (0):
x. No Lynch (2): killerjester,
Beck

Players not voting:
Beck

Beck's voting No Lynch. I'm not voting.

WOOOOOBBAFETT
On permanent
V/LA
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:54 pm

Post by Beck »

2 problems I have with post 721 of salures

1. you NEVER EVER write a post during night time that talks about players still alive because you don't know if that player is going to survive
2. "Hi! I'm your new whipping boy from Day 3, hopefully not so much during Day 4." seems like his goal was to gain town's trust by this comment
3. he says hi to people he has played with before and than says he won't be buddying anymore, seems odd cause saying hi to players you know isn't buddying
4. he makes a comment about how he is writing this wall of reads but he was having trouble finalizing it so he didn't, plus he was killed the last time he did that so he didn't want to waste his time (1. why mention it if you aren't going to post it 2. why even start it in the first place if you didn't know if you were going to die or not, I thought you learned your lesson from that other game? 3. Link to that other game please)
5. He is the first one to float the idea that mafia could have NK'd and faked a jail, which is odd now because THAT IS WHAT FUCKING HAPPENED.
6. he tries to discredit whiskers, much like he is trying to do to me today

that is all I got from his first post

so

1. please give me the link to the game where you died before you could post
2. answer me this - do you still have that post you were writing but never finished? if yes please post it.

p.edit - in the games I played where we have no lynched, the goal is to no lynch without discussion. the more we talk the more mafia can guage who is gunning for who making it easy to decide which person to kill.

for example, in a game, I was torn between 2 people, the other townie was set on lynching mafia. that guy got killed leaving me to decide between the 2. If he had killed me, mafia would have lost hands down.

that is why little discussion is best going into lylo
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by Beck »

unvote

I want Saulres to post the info I requested before we go into night.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

killerjester
killerjester
Mafia Scum
killerjester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:01 pm

Post by killerjester »

Personally I think getting buried in speculation today will only serve to confuse the fuck out of the reads I already have, all this talk about situations that may not even happen.
Especially
since we aren't even lynching today. I'm confident everything in this game will make much more sense D7, with regards to who's alive, and what their possible motivations could've been for their actions all game long.

PEDIT: This is what I'm talking about. Forgive me, but I'm going to ignore every post that doesn't explicitly say "KJ, this is directed at you" somewhere in the first line.
Lord of Lynch protect us. For the Night is dark and full of scum.

Noir Mafia, a 13p bastard Mini Theme delayed until further notice.
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by Beck »

saules - another question, have you ever been in a no lynch situation on site?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:35 pm

Post by saulres »

In post 880, Beck wrote:2. "Hi! I'm your new whipping boy from Day 3, hopefully not so much during Day 4." seems like his goal was to gain town's trust by this comment

I was coming into a situation as a replacement for a player who many people thought was scum. I tried to keep a light tone.

3. he says hi to people he has played with before and than says he won't be buddying anymore, seems odd cause saying hi to players you know isn't buddying

I've seen the term used to describe that behavior, which is why I used it.

4. he makes a comment about how he is writing this wall of reads but he was having trouble finalizing it so he didn't, plus he was killed the last time he did that so he didn't want to waste his time (1. why mention it if you aren't going to post it 2. why even start it in the first place if you didn't know if you were going to die or not, I thought you learned your lesson from that other game? 3. Link to that other game please)

I cannot link to that other game due to site rules. I will post my partial post(s) after this response.

5. He is the first one to float the idea that mafia could have NK'd and faked a jail, which is odd now because THAT IS WHAT FUCKING HAPPENED.

I often propose wild theories to see if they have any validity to others. You've seen that in this game with the Serial Killer thought and you can see it in others I've played.

6. he tries to discredit whiskers, much like he is trying to do to me today

I'm trying to discredit you? I'm trying to win the game for town, I can't just assume that you have town's best interests at heart.

In post 883, Beck wrote:saules - another question, have you ever been in a no lynch situation on site?

In Open 333, we were in a MyLo setting with one confirmed townie. That townie did not want to possibly be the deciding vote, and the assumption was that she would be NKed, so we didn't no lynch. Before that decision was made, in post 348 I expressed the same things I'm expressing now, that we should have more conversation before we go into the no lynch.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by saulres »

First saved draft
----------------

Warning: Incoming wall.

Hi! I'm your new whipping boy, at least until after I finish posting and you see how wrong you were to suspect my predecessor. I've read through the game and am ready to scumhunt! (The advantage of joining at night -- I can get all this done and be ready with it when the new day starts.)

First, a shout-out to Whiskers and David, both of whom I've played with and enjoyed playing with so much that I signed up to replace.

That's the last buddying you'll see from me on that. Because I'm (the moment you've been waiting for) a plain vanilla townie, so there's a bunch of scum liars and I'm pretty sure at least one of the two of them, if not both, are those scum.

So here are my reads.

Parama: Town vibes.

When I read through this thread the first time (without taking links, dammit), I thought "Seriously? He doesn't see where he way lying? It's perfectly clear to me where Beck pointed it out in 476. In this game you say "I would never bus my buddy" but in another game, after the game was over and you were scum, you said "One thing about my scum play is that I bus like hell." How are you not lying in this game if you were telling the truth in that one?

It doesn't matter anyway, because to me he's clear town. Charter, the other mason, vouched for him and no one else.

don_johnson: Anyone care to guess what he's going to claim? So what I want to see now is why the hell he waited for this slot to do it. I'm sensing a lot of scum from him, because the arguments I see against him seem pretty solid.

themarshall:

Beck: Town. His arguments have been strong and pointed, espcially this one against Parama.

Verity:

Whiskers:

David Xanatos: Scum. Here, here, and here. Jailkeeping x and x are unprovable(?)

killerjester:

Zdenek:

Other thoughts:
There are 2 basic reasons for games to be considered 'themed': Because they have an obvious, non-mafia theme, or because they have non-normal game mechanics.

I'm not seeing the "obvious, non-mafia theme" here, so I'm assuming "non-normal game mechanics". What that means is anyone's guess, right?

Oddities:
Miller with no cop. -- useless and unproveable
Only one mason? -- useless and unproveable
Bodyguard -- LOL.
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by saulres »

2nd saved draft
---------------

(Disclaimer: This post was written in preparation, yesterday, as a copy-paste introduction.)

Hi! I'm your new whipping boy from Day 3, hopefully not so much during Day 4.

First, a shout-out to Whiskers and David, both of whom I've played with and enjoyed playing with so much that I signed up to replace. Hi ponies!

Okay, enough of that. That's the last buddying you'll see from me to those two. More on that in a bit.

Anyway, I was working on this large wall with read on everyone as my introduction BUT kept coming back to a couple of things which aren't clear, making it hard for me to finalize it. Plus the last time I wrote up a full night-read on a game, I wound up dead that night so it was all a waste of time I don't want to go through again.

So I'm going to claim because it's my turn, then d_j will claim, and then I want to see one player in particular's reaction to d_j's claim (I'm not saying who quite yet though). Then I'll post fresh reads including those results and whatever happened tonight.

I'm a plain old Vanilla Townie.

d_j, go.

---

A little bit more now, though. There are a couple of things which weren't making sense to me while I was reading through this.

1) I saw several people saying David Xanatos is confirmed town, that he stopped a kill by jailkeeping Whiskers. Nearest I can tell we have no proof of this whatsoever. He could be scum, no-killing last night, and using the admittedly extremely risky jailkeeper claim to try to paint Whiskers however he'd like.

He also hasn't said who he jailkept night 1. Who was it, David? And how about last night?

2) I also see people saying that due to David's claim, Whiskers is either confirmed town or confirmed scum. I have no idea how they get either of those results.
If
David's telling the truth, then Whiskers could be either the target of scum or the scum hitpony. It's not a tell on Whiskers either way.

And, Whiskers and David could be scumbuddies, playing the whole story for town cred.

---

Finally, for ease of reference in the future, here are the current claims in the order they were submitted, for the players still alive.

Spoiler: claims in order
Parama - Miller
David Xanatos - Jailkeeper
Whiskers - Body Guard (although thought he was VT)
killerjester - VT
themarshall - VT
Beck - ROCKSTAR townie
Zdenek - VT
don_johnson - ?, watcher on parama N1 and Whiskers N2
me VT
On permanent
V/LA
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:37 pm

Post by saulres »

3rd and final saved draft
----------------------------

Warning: Incoming wall.

Hi! I'm your new whipping boy, at least until after I finish posting and you see how wrong you were to suspect my predecessor. I've read through the game and am ready to scumhunt! (The advantage of joining at night -- I can get all this done and be ready with it when the new day starts.)

First, a shout-out to Whiskers and David, both of whom I've played with and enjoyed playing with so much that I signed up to replace.

That's the last buddying you'll see from me on that. Because I'm (the moment you've been waiting for) a plain vanilla townie, so there's a bunch of scum liars and I'm pretty sure at least one of the two of them, if not both, are those scum.

So here are my reads.

Parama: Town vibes.

When I read through this thread the first time (without taking links, dammit), I thought "Seriously? He doesn't see where he way lying? It's perfectly clear to me where Beck pointed it out in 476. In this game you say "I would never bus my buddy" but in another game, after the game was over and you were scum, you said "One thing about my scum play is that I bus like hell." How are you not lying in this game if you were telling the truth in that one?

It doesn't matter anyway, because to me he's clear town. Charter, the other mason, vouched for him and no one else.

don_johnson: Anyone care to guess what he's going to claim? So what I want to see now is why the hell he waited for this slot to do it. I'm sensing a lot of scum from him, because the arguments I see against him seem pretty solid.

themarshall: His post ]600 makes perfect sense to me, if D_J maintains his watcher claim which he says he didn't make even though he supplied his reads. I'm also confused by 609; how exactly has Xanatos been cleared?

Beck: Town. His arguments have been strong and pointed, espcially this one against Parama.

Verity:

Whiskers:

David Xanatos: Scum. Here, here, and here. Jailkeeping x and x are unprovable(?)

killerjester:

Zdenek:

Other thoughts:
There are 2 basic reasons for games to be considered 'themed': Because they have an obvious, non-mafia theme, or because they have non-normal game mechanics.

I'm not seeing the "obvious, non-mafia theme" here, so I'm assuming "non-normal game mechanics". What that means is anyone's guess, right?

Oddities:
Miller with no cop. -- useless and unproveable
Only one mason? -- useless and unproveable
Bodyguard -- LOL.
On permanent
V/LA
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:09 pm

Post by Beck »

thanks

and just to clarify, that game you can't post I guess is still on going?
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:14 pm

Post by Beck »

oh and real quick I just scanned all your games and don't see where you replaced in and were killed before you can post

we can deal with this tomorrow
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:14 pm

Post by Beck »

shit forgot

Voted: NO LYNCH
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:12 am

Post by Beck »

Saules, that game you linked where you no-lynched, it was day 1, day 1 is never mylo and you have to have discussions day 1.

That was a horrible example to prove your point.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:47 am

Post by saulres »

In post 721, saulres wrote:the last time I wrote up a full night-read on a game, I wound up dead that night

Never said I replaced in.

And it was Day 3 where we were MyLo. That's what you asked about, not about when I no lynched.

Let me know when you're done asking questions, then I'll push us to tomorrow.
On permanent
V/LA
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:56 am

Post by Beck »

Why would you write up a full night read if you weren't a replacement? Anyway, if it's ongoing you can't talk about it.

I'm done, just waiting for somebody else willing to vote NL.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:57 am

Post by saulres »

Or rather, that's how I interpreted your question. Why do you care if I was in a no lynch situation at some other point? I thought you wanted to compare apples to apples.

PEdit: VOTE: No Lynch
On permanent
V/LA
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:00 am

Post by Beck »

The only time to no lynch is in Mylo IMO, no lynch day 1 is the worst ever for town, town lost that game. point proven

vote: no lynch
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:13 am

Post by saulres »

That wasn't what we were talking about, though.

And town only lost that game because I voted wrong at the end, because I went with gut instead of looking deeply for the tell. I'm trying to make sure not to repeat that this time.
On permanent
V/LA
Beck
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Beck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:12 am

Post by Beck »

That's exactly what I'm talking about. I'm trying to NL without discussion to make scum's NK choice harder.
Beck =/= The band
Beck = a football player

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

Unable to make a decision, or perhaps too fearful to make one, the few remaining townspeople straggle back into their homes.

Final Votecount of Day 6

5. saulres (0):
6. Beck (0):
12. killerjester(1): Zdenek
13. Zdenek (0):
x. No Lynch (3): killerjester, Beck, saulres

Players not voting:
Players on V/LA:

It is now Night 6. All actions are due by Saturday October 8 @ 11:59PM CST.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

When the last three rose in the morning, the sun did not rise with them. Gone, too, were the stars and the moon, replaced by a cacophony of swirling lights rather like the Aurora Borealis gone insane.

It took some time for the three to realize they were three, given the sky above them. It demanded their attention, then threatened their insanity until they fled into the depths of Town Hall Cave.

Beck,
Town Vanilla
, was killed Night 6.

First Votecount of Day 7

5. saulres (0):
12. killerjester(0):
13. Zdenek (0):

Players not voting: saulres, killerjester, Zdenek
Players on V/LA:

With 3 players alive, it takes 2 votes to lynch.
Deadline: October 16th @ 11:59PM CST
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”