redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:49 pm

Post by redFF »

In post 865, UberNinja wrote:
In post 863, solidstate wrote:
@MODERATOR:
The game is in need of mod intervention. Possibly just handling mass replaces (of both volunteers and idle slots), possibly some people being shown the door as they're starting to use threats and site-issues (rather than gameplay) to try and blackmail people and control the game.

This is my last post until said mod intervention.

This is also mine.

Lmao like 3 people replaced out because of you. But shit mod amirite.
solidstate
solidstate
Goon
solidstate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:47 pm

Post by solidstate »

And at least 2 people that I singled out have apologized for their behavior. I'm not in the wrong here, and anyone who left because of something I was doing (ie, playing the game) clearly doesn't have the mindset to actually play mafia.

If you think its my responsibility, as an active town player playing the game without grudges or other out-of-game issues, pursuing a lynch, to abandon it due to blackmail? Then you need some mental correction.

I had no idea UN had a ban or whatever disciplinary issues in the past. Maybe removing him would have been appropriate. But what wasn't appropriate was people doing it through holding the game hostage or trying to bully people to change their votes due to player discipline issues. Ideally, people would have continued playing while expressing their feeling to the moderator (through @mod or in PMs as appropriate), and ideally the mod would act on it if warranted.

Handling it via threats, coercion, and game hostage-holding was not the appropriate methodology. But if nothing else, this game and the aftermath is teaching me a lot about the people on this site and who is more interested in dickwaving than actually playing the game. I have no clue who redFF is or why you're posting, but you're putting yourself on the wrong side of things here attacking me.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:50 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

He was attacking UN. you got quoted incidentally.
beefycheese
solidstate
solidstate
Goon
solidstate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:58 pm

Post by solidstate »

Oh. My bad then. :oops:

Though the parts not directed at redFF stand. Ugh. I was enjoying this game, too.
seilkops
seilkops
Goon
seilkops
Goon
Goon

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:01 pm

Post by seilkops »

OMG, I was right about Kondi. Yay!
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:02 pm

Post by Klick »

No, that was actually luck. Literally everything I did concerning you would have been done even if I was town.

You think whatever you want, though.
solidstate
solidstate
Goon
solidstate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:52 pm

Post by solidstate »

Since it was an anti-wolf argument, its consistent with you being either town or mafia. I buy it.
solidstate
solidstate
Goon
solidstate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:53 pm

Post by solidstate »

(And since i was actually defending your slot a bit - well played :P)
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:40 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 895, solidstate wrote:That said, people reacting the way they did was childish and I hope this goes down as my worst game here. Annoying players are annoying, but it seems like a lot of people got butthurt and ruined the game for it. That includes bork, who simply decided he wasn't playing because he was getting wagoned incorrectly. I mean, shit, a mislynch in mafia? How fucking UNHEARD OF :roll: and it includes the people who just decided they were going to leave because they didn't like one player.

This is pretty much spot on. And you're right in that this will
probably
be one of your worst games here. It's definitely among the worst I've had the misfortune to participate in. And not because of the fighting/bitterness... mostly just because of the flaking/lurking/modfail.

In post 895, solidstate wrote:However, I take some pleasure in that my final 'Lynch all the people screaming about the bork wagon' would have in fact caught Mcstab. I was pretty just that there would be at least one scum amidst the screaming, ranting hordes. A lot of the purpose of simply picking a wagon and strongly pushing was to see what would rattle loose.

You're going to be a good player. I can tell. I look forward to playing with you again.

And now, a semi-necessary explanation for how I played in this game:

Bork was one of the players that I was having the hardest time reading. Therefore I put him under an immense amount of pressure and disregarded reason or logic in order to make him frustrated enough to reveal his alignment via his frustration. That's somewhat the way I do things, when I can't read someone well. It annoys some people, but I'm happy with the method's overall success rate. Making people react emotionally and shoving them out of their comfort zones is sometimes the only way to reveal the true alignment of well-spoken and skilled players like borkjerfkin is. I regret nothing.

I almost shot bork Night 1 instead of triangle. But I thought about it a little longer after I had submitted the initial kill, and figured that if bork was scum, he could be dealt with a later. I wanted to see his response to my slot after Code X replaced out, and he
was
acting pretty scummy, so I decided it was worth pushing on him loudly and vocally to see who else would hop on with very little reasoning from myself. Unfortunately for me, solidstate also made an
actual
case against bork, so I couldn't really gather reactions the way I hoped I could.

Another common tactic I use is to buddy up to people I think might be scum, call them town, and ride on that for a while to see if they try to take advantage of it in a scummy way, or attach and cling on to me and basically grab onto my ankles and try to have me pull them through the day. Krazy wasn't doing this too much, so props to him. My suspicion level of him was lower than my suspicion level of bork for most of the game. He played pretty well for the most part... but seriously though?

Spoiler: This response to my post... I lol'd at how obvious it was.
In post 826, UberNinja wrote:
In post 822, KrazyEyeKilla7 wrote:But what if he's town? The replacement will be town too. Sooo how does your word make it law?

It's simple. We... kill... the Bat Man.
In post 827, KrazyEyeKilla7 wrote:Well put. And it appears I'm closer to death than I had thought. Interesting how so many people believe I am scum :\ I do find the whole ragequit (along with the actual rage) to be suspicious since there have been numerous replacements for day 2 if I'm right. Yeah, not a big fan of the rage plus replacement request. Though, uber, if bork is lynched and flips town...don't expect a warm welcome on day 3 for starting the wagon.
VOTE: bork

But going back to the "buddying up to scum" thing, of course the reverse of that is to pick fights with people I think are townies, and rub them the wrong way, and not just to see how they react, but also (more importantly) to see how others around them react. Sometimes this involves voting them, sometimes it involves telling them they're scum for obviously terrible reasons, and sitting on their wagon, etc. For instance, Whiskers. Sitting on a Whiskers wagon got pretty boring pretty quick though. Mostly because there weren't enough players in the game to help create any kind of a wagon... but that's not my fault, etc.

Another thing I like to do is to pit scum teams against each other in any way possible, because that's just how town wins multi-scum games. Get the scum to kill each other. Self explanatory.

I semi-wish I had been around to stop the seilkops lynch, he was pretty obvious town by page 10 or so, and extremely obvious by page 15. I had only read up to page 6 or so before he was lynched. There was no point railing on the people who did lynch him and calling them idiots for it, because what's done is done and as far as a game this large goes, if someone's acting like seilkops is, and is being that huge of a distraction, then should probably get rid of them sooner or later. So, a part of me is glad he was lynched. In a way. No offense, seil.

In post 901, solidstate wrote:Handling it via threats, coercion, and game hostage-holding was not the appropriate methodology. But if nothing else, this game and the aftermath is teaching me a lot about the people on this site and who is more interested in dickwaving than actually playing the game. I have no clue who redFF is or why you're posting, but you're putting yourself on the wrong side of things here attacking me.

redFF is a bit of a troll. He likes to take every jab he can at me, because I put him on my modding blacklist for doing a terrible job modding one of my first games here. Hence the "but shit mod, amirite" comment. It's mostly OMGUS, but oh well... not much I can do about that.

Anyway, pay him no mind; he's not saying anything about you -- he was trying to come in and pick a fight with me. Not that it'll do much good, but I guess it makes him feel good to try and vindicate himself.

In post 898, McStab wrote:It was evident at some point in the game that at least three players couldn't stand UberNinja to the point of replacing out. Regardless of whether UberNinja warranted replacing (I don't think personally he did) it ought to be possible to get someone replaced if the majority of the active players in the game want it to the point where they'll replace out. Especially considering that Whiskers, Bork and Hyperion have played in and completed a handful of other games and to my knowledge have had no disciplinary problems, whereas UN is currently serving a one week ban. It's a no-brainer to me that instead of losing those three UN ought to have been force replaced.

No. I am a player with a controversial play style but that doesn't mean I should be force replaced. I am a vig who correctly shot one of the two most dangerous scum players in the game. You'll have a hard time finding a mod that will replace a player that manages to pull that off, regardless of play style. And the fact that I was being quite polite, relative to some of my games in the past, is also a point in my favor. It might also have to do with the fact that Kcdaspot and I are bros. -shrug-

As for the week long ban I am currently serving from the discussion forums, it is for "persistent harassment" of a scummer named Ythan. To contest my ban, I have asked for evidence of the harassment, and I have received nothing in return. But I've taken the liberty of finding some. Here are some of the places where I evidently "harassed" him.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=23377 (my GTKAS thread)
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p4346684 (Scummies thread)
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p4303730 (in Mafia Discussion)

If that's ban-worthy, then hey, I'll take the ban any day of the week. Some things just need to be said, and I don't think I was out of line at all. It's a damn sight less offensive than some of the other things people post here on a regular, day-to-day basis. But most of my aggressiveness in games is an act. I'm really a pretty laid back guy and I love people. I love people a lot.

Sooo... I am not altogether unapologetic... I just think the haters are overreacting. It's definitely not my fault this game was abandoned by either the players or the mod. That was mostly due to the players who decided to stop posting to the extent that there was nobody else to focus my scumhunting on than bork at the time. Speaknig of which, I'm more sorry to bork than anyone else. I'm not sorry at all to Whiskers. Lol, what a self-righteous attitude that one has. At least I have the decency to admit after the game that my in-game bravado is exactly that. In-game bravado.

When I signed on a little while ago, I received a PM from someone relevant in this game which states that my behavior was not out of line in this game. I then came here to find that the game had been abandoned. I'll post the text of the PM if I get permission from its author.

p-edit: I also literally
just
received another private message stating the following:
I think you are a really really cool guy that makes the site whole lot more enjoyable when I'm around you

Since that person was still online, I just requested and received permission to post this much of the PM.

So anyway, if you were having any doubts that what I'm saying is true... well... you know... :P
If you're town, don't act so scummy, and I won't treat you like scum!

<3 to everyone (especially triangle)
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:43 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 897, Whiskers wrote:I don't have a problem with being mislynched but I'd be fucking mad if the person LEADING the lynch was gloating the whole time and had no case or reason to attack me. Maybe bork acted inappropriately, and Hyperion and I did too, but I like the way the whole thing went down. Sorry, Kcda, that we ruined your game.

As you may have read above, it's part of an extremely successful strategy that I often employ. I can't argue with its success rate at determining alignment. The gloating is also a great built in aspect of it. If you're coming from a position I am (>50% scum lynches) and you're wagoning someone and telling them that you're really accurate and awesome, and they're scum? They act much differently than a townie would act, most of the time. There's a righteous anger against the smarmy gloating that makes you want to strangle the person doing it. Which, when someone gets that emotional, they react in a certain way. Bork certainly reacted in spades. He was very likely not the lynch for today. I felt like I may have been a little too hard on him, but in hindsight, knowing what I now know... I am pretty sure that most of it was necessary. I still feel more sorry to bork than anyone else. Anyway, if you have a strategy that works, and the statistical success to back it up, why NOT use it as a tool in-game to put pressure on people? I say use every tool you've got, in order to do well, and ultimately, win the game.

On the other hand, this game isn't just about winning. It's about having fun. And I'm sorry if I legitimately caused anyone any permanent brain damage from trying to decipher my play. For anyone I was rude to, I am also sorry. It's an in-game persona that I perpetuate.

All said and done, I'm glad the game was abandoned.

In post 897, Whiskers wrote:McStab: What was wrong with the modding?

You can tell the game's not going too well when four of the five active players in the game either ask for replacement or refuse to post until the mod does something to increase game activity. It was pretty clear that the game needed more replacements. Quick, prompt handling of replacement duties by a mod can do wonders for game revival. Also, the mod being gone for a lot of it, and especially in the final "I've abandoned the game" post where he admitted he didn't even remember who the mafia team was... that's pretty appalling. I'm pretty disappointed in Kcdaspot, overall. Having a backup mod (or two, or three) would have been great... Hint hint... !

<3 Kcda, but
sheesh
dude
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:53 pm

Post by inte »

uber i feel ya. i got a similar playstlye

people be gettin butthurt over stupid shit that i don't even really take seriously. i play to win and have fun, but i don't play to hurt feelings

if it happens its your fault

were u gonna shoot krazy cuz u were pissin me off that you were calling him town so much
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:00 pm

Post by UberNinja »

I probably would have shot Whiskers just out of spite. :lol:
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:01 pm

Post by inte »

welp thats why im better than you~
Show

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:04 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Seil good to see you on the town side, and I so LOVE your cute avatar ♥
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:06 pm

Post by UberNinja »

Hahaha. I'm counting this as a Win* on my record, because it would most definitely have been a win.
Also because I vigged scum 100% of the time. :P

p-edit: Hi Rach!
Were you scum this game? I was kinda getting that feeling. You didn't feel like your normal townie self.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:12 pm

Post by RachMarie »

LOL I replaced Kondi and yes we were scum I was planning on setting up a hydra account with Kondi so he could come back and play again.

If McStab and Greygnarl dont mind I will release the scum thread

McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:13 pm

Post by McStab »

Sure, go ahead
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:19 pm

Post by RachMarie »

UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:31 pm

Post by UberNinja »

Kcdaspot in scum QT wrote:Hey.

Just a reminder, if you hit werewolf tonight it will not mean the you will stop the kill.

You must hit the the one submitting the kill.

If that's true, then why did the Giitah kill still go through if I shot triangle and they blocked KrazyEyeKilla?
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:34 pm

Post by inte »

triangle made the kill? berf
Show

inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:36 pm

Post by inte »

u do kno kills are made simultaneously, rite
Show

Blastoide
Blastoide
Goon
Blastoide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:38 pm

Post by Blastoide »

Was there a werewolf thread?
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:39 pm

Post by inte »

nop

we b' speculatin'
Show

UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:44 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 920, inte wrote:u do kno kills are made simultaneously, rite

Yeah, but the way Kcda made it sound was that killing someone else would roleblock them too. That's why I asked. -shrug-

Either way... neither of the werewolves eluded suspicion Day 1, and they were both targeted by the only other roles that could target other people at night. Haha, what horrendous luck. =\
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:51 pm

Post by inte »

aint luck my friend

they were both fairly obvious to me
Show

Return to “Completed Open Games”