Mystery Mafia 2- Game Over! But who won!?

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:57 am

Post by Korts »

To Lawrence, with <3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bookmaker

Love,

Your iddle Korts
scumchat never die
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:17 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

elvis_knits wrote:The list from the no-kill night and how it oculd have happened:
elvis_knits wrote: 1)Lawrence is scum: too drunk to make the kill
2)I protected a kill on TM
3)Farside protected a kill on litral
4)Fonz block TM-scum
Updated:

1)Lawrence is scum: too drunk to make the kill

4)Fonz block TM-scum

So either I protected a kill on TM, or lawrence is scum and was too drunk to kill.

I thought I would let you know that actually do not have protective powers. I could not have protected TM from a kill. So the only option is lawrencelot is lying scumbag.
I am not convinced it is this simple anymore. I am not completely against a lawrence lynch because if he is telling the truth he can gain a 2nd lynch (and if lying, we get scum obviously), but I kind of believe his claim.

I think this post by farside might reveal a little bit:
farside22 wrote:Okay I looked into what bugged me and I was wrong. I would like to hear from those who haven't posted since entering the game there thoughts on what and who. BM seems to have 1 or 2 scums in each new installment of people and No I am not going to say "Oh there was only one kill" that just could mean a forgetful scum or someone trying not to get caught.
The last sentence seems like she may have intentionally not turned in a kill. I think she was also trying to get focus off of those who joined day 3 since she knew it would eventually lead to her being found. I can't figure out if she had a partner who joined with her though.

My focus on D3 joiners was because it was clear someone who joined that day was stabbing. A mafia player from that day was found. I am not sure we should remain limited to those players now and ignore those who joined day 6 (and 3 of which are not posting - Surye, korlash and K7). We also have Landlord who we eventually need to decide if his living is detrimental to the town.
The above written statement is pro-town.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:23 am

Post by elvis_knits »

bionicchop2 wrote: I think this post by farside might reveal a little bit:
farside22 wrote:Okay I looked into what bugged me and I was wrong. I would like to hear from those who haven't posted since entering the game there thoughts on what and who. BM seems to have 1 or 2 scums in each new installment of people and No I am not going to say "Oh there was only one kill" that just could mean a forgetful scum or someone trying not to get caught.
The last sentence seems like she may have intentionally not turned in a kill.
If she actually did forget to send in the kill or choose not to, why breadcrumb it?

If she's scum and chose not to kill, she WANTS us to think mafia was active so that we keep following the results of the hypoclaim. She wouldn't want us to give up on the hypoclaim.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:27 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Lawrencelot wrote:You didn't update the newest theory, that you were too drunk to make the kill. I'd vote you but see below.
I don't think that theory makes much sense even if you're not me (and I know that the wine didn't have an effect).
Now that farside is dead, is it not possible she normally killed but couldn't because of the drinks? What did she drink anyway? And what the heck is a bookie?
Farside got a shotgun, but no drinks, I think.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:28 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

elvis_knits wrote: If she actually did forget to send in the kill or choose not to, why breadcrumb it?

If she's scum and chose not to kill, she WANTS us to think mafia was active so that we keep following the results of the hypoclaim. She wouldn't want us to give up on the hypoclaim.
I don't think it was intentional (I also don't think she forgot). I think she was doing a 'look over there' type thing and subconsciously may have slipped about not killing.

It is also possible I am over-thinking a little bit.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:43 am

Post by Korlash »

Elvis wrote:Updated:

1)Lawrence is scum: too drunk to make the kill
4)Fonz block TM-scum

So either I protected a kill on TM, or lawrence is scum and was too drunk to kill.

I thought I would let you know that actually do not have protective powers. I could not have protected TM from a kill. So the only option is lawrencelot is lying scumbag.
Bionic wrote:The last sentence seems like she may have intentionally not turned in a kill. I think she was also trying to get focus off of those who joined day 3 since she knew it would eventually lead to her being found. I can't figure out if she had a partner who joined with her though.
What are you talking about? She couldn't get the focus off if she tried. The stabber HAD to be in day 3 joins... And as that was the only killer we knew of we would not have abandoned it for anything less then undeniable guilt.
Bionic wrote:(and 3 of which are not posting - Surye, korlash and K7)
I think I'm posting just fine... Now K7 on the other hand... (although he always does that)

Or Far-Side lied...

Or you had delayed Drunkness... (aka. Hangover maybe?)
Lawrence wrote:Now that farside is dead, is it not possible she normally killed but couldn't because of the drinks? What did she drink anyway? And what the heck is a bookie?
She bought a shotgun... I don't see how that would interphere with the kill... but you never know with BM... <.<
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:08 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Korlash wrote:
Bionic wrote:(and 3 of which are not posting - Surye, korlash and K7)
I think I'm posting just fine... Now K7 on the other hand... (although he always does that)
I wasn't intentionally calling you out or pointing to you. I would agree - in most games your posting would be fine. This game I think calls for posting above the normal due to the varying deadlines.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:33 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Vote Count

Lawrencelot 3 (Landlord, Elvis Knits, Forbiddanlight)

Not Voting: Korlash, Surye, BionicChop, Killa Seven, Lawrencelot, Korts

With 9 alive, 5 votes will lynch. You have 2 days, 14 hours, and 45 minutes to make a decision.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:53 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Battle Mage wrote:
You have 2 days, 14 hours, and 45 minutes to make a decision.
With this in mind, I am not going to start a new scum hunt off on some tangent. I think I agree at this point to follow through on the lynch of Lawrence. For some reason I though we had a fresh seven days. I don't think we should 'vote' on who (if he is a copy cat) he lynches as a result of his role. While we definitely should express who we are suspicious of, I think he should be allowed to decide on his own. This will prevent scum from having an influence over who he lynches.

vote: lawrencelot
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:15 am

Post by Korlash »

I think if we are going to lynch him we need to decide on who he then lynches as well.

In my mind I think he should take out another from D3. Farside was scum yes, But I'm not convinsed she is good for the stabbings. Being a bookie makes me think she had some power, so if two scum entered day 3 then maye the other stabbed.

The downside to this would be, why the no kill then? If two scum why would one being incapacitated mean neither could kill?

Also I would think Farside the most logical choice for Litral's death, thus the stabbing victim is still unacounted for.

Another thought, did BM ever specify why each person was given how much coin they were? Becuase if both Farside and lawrence were given 12 and the rest were given less then that... it sounds... unfair...

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

Maybe the amount of coins had something to do with the bookie. I mean, bookies handle money and stuff.
Talk nerdy to me.

Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

Looking back at farside's drinking thing, it was indeed a shotgun, and this was her explanation:
I have a shot gun but no ammunition. It's the equivalent of a big stick with nothing.
If she was scum telling the truth (that's not that rare) it could mean she couldn't kill anymore because she tried a shotgun but found out too late that there was no ammunation or something. This is a flavor explanation for: yes the item she bought prevented her from killing someone. Seeing as my power can be pretty powerful, I think it's not that unlikely that scum can normally kill and use a power at the same time. I also find this more likely than elvis's delayed wine effect.

Meh,
Unvote; Vote Killa seven
. If you don't know who to lynch, always lynch killa seven :P. Come on people, my power can help the town a lot, but not when I'm dead! And letting me choose who to take down with me won't help the town much, as I have no clue who's scum, besides the dead scum. I'd even rather no lynch.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by Surye »

Lawrencelot wrote:Also, I'm at L-2 now. Don't hammer, there's enough to discuss still. Like, who I should target. Somehow, I don't feel like killing Elvis, she makes too much sense even though she's wrong about me.
I felt pretty comfortable with a Law lynch up until I read this. Then I was convinced. Law-Town should have seen solid logic with a bad conclusion as intentional misinformation and town-misleading. Instead he buddies up. I don't think it matter who we have him target, because I think he's lying, but it he isn't, I'm not sure of the best pick, I'll look around.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:08 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

What do you think about my latest explanation for the no kill? If I'm missing something, and farside wasn't the cause of the no kill, then I will just assume Elvis was responsible for it.

What she does doesn't need to be town-misleading. If I was in her shoes and wasn't the cause of the no kill, I would do exactly the same she's doing.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:17 am

Post by Surye »

Lawrencelot wrote:What do you think about my latest explanation for the no kill? If I'm missing something, and farside wasn't the cause of the no kill, then I will just assume Elvis was responsible for it.

What she does doesn't need to be town-misleading. If I was in her shoes and wasn't the cause of the no kill, I would do exactly the same she's doing.
Blaming it on dead scum is convenient. How could you ever know farside wasn't the cause of the no kill? You couldn't really, so you'll never assume Elvis. The implicit trust of someone when they are damning you seems like an extreme buddying up. At least how I'm seeing it.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:35 am

Post by Korlash »

Lawrence wrote:If she was scum telling the truth (that's not that rare) it could mean she couldn't kill anymore because she tried a shotgun but found out too late that there was no ammunation or something. This is a flavor explanation for: yes the item she bought prevented her from killing someone. Seeing as my power can be pretty powerful, I think it's not that unlikely that scum can normally kill and use a power at the same time. I also find this more likely than elvis's delayed wine effect.
I find them about equal likelyness actually. Did you ever "choose" to drink the rum? Did Elvis "choose" to drink the wine? Then why ould Farside have to "Choose" to use the shotgun only to find it useless? Did Forbidden have to "use" the mug before the mod told her she could kill with it?

It would be my understanding that Farside would have been told how useless the shotgun was the same time Forbidden was told she could day-vig someone. (Also, why did no one think to day vig landlord?)
Lawrence wrote:Meh, Unvote; Vote Killa seven. If you don't know who to lynch, always lynch killa seven Razz. Come on people, my power can help the town a lot, but not when I'm dead! And letting me choose who to take down with me won't help the town much, as I have no clue who's scum, besides the dead scum. I'd even rather no lynch.
That's why you take out who we want. Like a vig, even if you hit town, by taking out the most suspect you help the rest of us. That is a LOT better then a no lynch.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:41 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Surye wrote:
Lawrencelot wrote:Also, I'm at L-2 now. Don't hammer, there's enough to discuss still. Like, who I should target. Somehow, I don't feel like killing Elvis, she makes too much sense even though she's wrong about me.
I felt pretty comfortable with a Law lynch up until I read this. Then I was convinced. Law-Town should have seen solid logic with a bad conclusion as intentional misinformation and town-misleading. Instead he buddies up. I don't think it matter who we have him target, because I think he's lying, but it he isn't, I'm not sure of the best pick, I'll look around.
I also thought it was weird that lawrence didn't want to kill me. Barring some weird game mechanics (which is possible with BM), then either him or me is scum. So yeah, if he's town I would expect to get killed.
Talk nerdy to me.

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:42 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I didn't choose to drink my wine, BTW. I was told that I drank it... it wasn't a choice.
Talk nerdy to me.

bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:49 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

elvis_knits wrote: I also thought it was weird that lawrence didn't want to kill me. Barring some weird game mechanics (which is possible with BM), then either him or me is scum. So yeah, if he's town I would expect to get killed.
Could you outline the logic which brought this about, because I don't quite follow it.

If we assume farside was not the only killer who joined d3, then the other(s) would be found in you, Lawrence and Forbidden. Why did you narrow it down to just you or lawrence while excluding Forbidden? You also seem to be 100% sure one of you two are scum. In reality there may be no more killers from day 3.

I would just like to know your reasoning on this.

unvote lawrence; vote elvis
. I can switch back to Lawrence if deadline creeps up and nobody is changing, but I really have an odd feeling about this statement from Elvis.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:02 am

Post by elvis_knits »

What are you talking about? After N5 where we had no deaths, we did a hypoclaim. The only two possibilities left are that lawrence was too drunk to make the kill or that I protected TM. I'm telling you that my night action (if I have one) could not have protected TM from a kill.

If Lawrence were town, he would think I was scum, so he would want to kill me. The fact that he doesn't want to kill me is weird. Is it buddying, I don't know. I tend to think that he's just not thinking like a townie who would think I was scum if he's not.
Talk nerdy to me.

bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:40 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

I don't know where you get your logic.

Possible no kills from hypo claim:

Tony ---> Lawrence

Forbidden ---> MafiaSSK
Farside ----> Litral

Elvis ----> Tony
(you have claimed to have no saving abilities)
Lawrence ---->Landlord

Fonz ----> TM

Litral ----> farside

MafiaSSK ----> no one

Only Forbidden saving SSK is left.

If we look at it from a drunken standpoint, only Lawrence is possible as too drunk to not kill from those who joined day 3.

Therefor, if Lawrence is not a killer, either farside acted alone or you / forbidden are scum. My question is why you eliminated forbidden from the possibilities?
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

I didn't think it likely that scum would want to kill SSK. He was almost lynched the day before if not for deadline. He was lynched the next day. The town wanted to lynch him.

1)Why would a doc protect SSK?
2)Why would scum need to kill him?
Talk nerdy to me.

bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

elvis_knits wrote:I didn't think it likely that scum would want to kill SSK. He was almost lynched the day before if not for deadline. He was lynched the next day. The town wanted to lynch him.

1)Why would a doc protect SSK?
2)Why would scum need to kill him?
What would either of your 2 questions have to do with Forbidden possibly being scum? If you are missing my original point, why would / should Lawrence assume you are scum if he is not? If he is not scum, there are many possibilities on who else is.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:34 am

Post by elvis_knits »

What are these many possibilities? Other than Forbiddan protecting SSK, what are the other possibilities?
Talk nerdy to me.

bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:07 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

elvis_knits wrote:What are these many possibilities? Other than Forbiddan protecting SSK, what are the other possibilities?
You are focusing on the no kill (you are also forgetting that landlord did a EBWOP to say he targeted everybody). If it was not a result of Lawrence being drunk, then it could have been anything from Farside not killing intentionally to a mod inflicted no kill meaning the no kill is no longer a source of information. This means that Lawrence would have no idea who scum would be (if town) and have no reason to automatically assume it is you. Nothing in what you have said makes Forbidden not scum.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”