AK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:57 am

Post by AK »

@Qanqan
I just googled Kohada and found this:

"Kohada
It is almost impossible to talk about "Edomae Sushi" (Tokyo-style sushi) without this fish.
It is not an expensive fish for sushi but perfectly marinated Kohada is called "Yokozuna of Edomae-Sushi" (King of Tokyo-style sushi) thus many sushi lovers in Tokyo says the value of sushi restaurant can be evaluated by the preparation of this fish. Kohada is in the herring family and the name of this fish changes as the fish grows just like yellowtail change the name as the size gets larger. For yellowtail, the price goes up as it grows but for Kohada it is the opposite. The smallest fish ("Shinko") is the most expensive because as it gets larger, Kohada can get very bony and hard to eat as sushi. This fish name changes from "Shinko", "Kohada", "Nagazumi" then "Konoshiro". When "shinko" is in season in early spring, it usually sells at the market price of around 1kg for 25000yen - which is about $125/pound! "
Death smiles at us all :twisted:
All you can do is smile back :)
Qanqan
Qanqan
Townie
Qanqan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:20 am

Post by Qanqan »

That site doesn't acutally say that that fish is used for sushi, and it's quite likely they are flat out talking out of their asses, hyping up their restaurant, to make them sound more fancy. Also, I heard Edomae sushi is an 1800's style of sushi (since 'Edo' has been called 'Tokyo' for quite a few years).
My name is not Quanqan or Qangan~
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:28 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

Way to derail the thread...
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:34 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I won't consider unvoting AK until I see his evaluation of the players in the game. It's clear from Santos that the mafia has safeclaims.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:36 am

Post by zwetschenwasser »

The Mafia has safeclaims???
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
hp [leaves]
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
hp [leaves]
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:57 am

Post by hp [leaves] »

Santos wrote:I believe my role is that of an 'actor', according to MafiaWiki. Otherwise, no, I am not third party( if you are thinking I win when I get to have the deciding vote, no I don't) and I win with the town.
Also, I was given the okay to claim 'Kami'
if that makes any difference if I have any case left to prove my innocence. I kind of got a jacked role :(
We must embrace the pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:06 am

Ooh... Interesting...
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:44 am

Post by Jebus »

Seraphim wrote:I am for the extension though I want to hear from Jebus. Why do you want a mass claim so early?
It's not too early into this game, and it'd be a nameclaim that I meant. This merely because it seems we're almost all vanilla, and so that anything that doesn't necessarily fit might stick out.

I didn't exactly recall that Santos said he had a fakeclaim, so meh. Though then again, I've played in plenty of games elsewhere where to scumgroups had the same fakeclaims :/
Zwet wrote:Sigh. Vote: AK We kill raider tomorrow.
Why raider?
ort wrote:...For the very scummy and opportunistic mass-claim suggestion, and voting for his admitted "number two" suspect (me).
I get the claiming bit, but why is voting for the number two suspect scummy?

Also, contrary to DGB, I'll go by the precautionary principle and not hop on the AK wagon till I see how he goes about answering our questions and his general analysis, or lack of.

Sorry for my quick disappearance, general workload for life-stuff is to blame.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
AK
AK
Goon
AK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:15 pm

Post by AK »

Heres my toughts of the remaining players after having read the game through.
I've marked everyone with colours symbolizing how scummy i find them.
Red = obvscum

Brown = likely scum

Orange = In between

Green = townish

Cyan = unplacable

1. Seraphim

After reading the thread I haven't found anything screaming neither townie nor scum, can't say much about him.

6. ortolan

Mostly gut feeling from his posts, atleast I've forgotten anything concrete I might've had against him..

7. DrippingGoofball

Bandwagoner!
DGB has made it her "trademark" to start the bandwagon of the day, ending with the death of a townie. This would be a null tell if she was presenting her own ideas, but she's merely pointing out posts from the previous day, with a wrong accusation made by a dead townie. Atm I haven't got the time to go back and quote these posts, but surely if you think about it you can see how she's just repeating the thoughts of dead people leading lynch after lynch.

This is about the most scummiest thing to do, getting townies lynched while still being able to say: "I didn't start the wagon, I just pointed out a few posts by confirmed townies."

Vote: DrippingGoofball

8. raider8169

Can't say if he's scum or townie.

9. Minineko (replacing alvinz95)

Lurker/inactive - can't say anything about him/her..

10. zwetschenwasser (replacing Counselwolf)

Active, but not in a very constructively way. Spamtard of the highest degree :D
Can't decide if I find him scummy or townish.

11. Sentata (replacing Badguy)

I've already stated my case against him, look at one of my latest posts.

12. hp [leaves]

Cant really decide if he's acting mainly pro-town or not. Another in-between, predominantly townish though..

14. Azhrei

As a result of the "Tally-case", I find Azhrei quite scummy, nothing he has posted in the game so far has made me think otherwise, so the way Talitha played leads me to him being scum.

15. Riceballtail

Not quite overactive, no scum or town tells.

16. Narsis (replacing Sipylus)

See above.

18. Slicey

This is my top-townie. He's been working for the town all the way through, I think he's very likely to turn out pro-town.

21. Jebus

The accusations of Jebus have been voiced in the thread lately by other people, I can only second those.

22. Qanqan (replacing Hybris)

Seems townish to me, haven't got anything concrete to point out his townieness, mostly gut feeling from reading the thread.

23. WhereIsTony (Farkshinsoup(replacing Septia))

This was where my last vote was placed, but reading further made me think of him as a more likely townie, so he's down to in-between.

Lastly I'll add a bit of setup speculation:
I don't think that there's two mafias with each some sort of restriction, I'm more likely to think that we have a bus driver or something like that, could be named the Sushi Train-role or something :D That would explain the killing of Sirdanilot.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by Slicey »

zwet is so obviously town it hurts.

Also, you kinda contradicted yourself in your comments on DGB and Az. >_> You say that DGB is scummy by making cases out of posts from people that are confirmed town. Then you say the case on Az is pretty good because of posts from someone who is confirmed town. Because of this contradiction, PB's scumminess and overall the last post of yours didn't really say anything other than you think DGB is scum,
Vote: AK

I'm on the fence with DGB. I doubt she's ever been this wrong before about who is and isn't scum. Is she intentionally getting it wrong? I'm not sure. That's why I'm on the fence.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
AK
AK
Goon
AK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by AK »

@Slicey
I've been asked to comment on EVERYONE, and so I did. And there is a significant difference: I just voice my suspicion of Azhrei, I do not try to get a bandwagon started against him, also isn't the suspicion of a cop worth a bit more that those from a mere townie?

It is fine that you find Zwet townish, I don't know what to make of him. I've just read about 20 pages of posts, I'm bound to have forgotten several of the posts throughout the game, he might be acting very townish in one of these, but for what i remember he's placed as in-between.
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by Jebus »

Go into detail on the DGB case, I'd like to see this one.

Holding off on a vote for now, I'm somewhat interested in what you've got to say.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
AK
AK
Goon
AK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by AK »

@Jebus
It's gonna be tomorrow. In Denmark it's getting pretty late (GMT +1), and I've still got some maths homework to do, so I'm pretty much out for tonight..
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Vote Count:

AK
(6) Slicey, raider8169, Qanqan, Narsis, DrippingGoofball, zwetschenwasser
Jebus
(4) hp [leaves], Setanta, Seraphim, ortolan
zwetschenwasser
(1) Riceballtail
ortolan
(1) Jebus
DrippingGoofball
(1) AK

Note Voting:
WhereIsTony, Azhrei, minineko

With 16 alive it's 9 to lynch.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by Slicey »

Just carefully read zwet's posts and you'll see he's clearly a townie. And you really didn't go into any detail, except kinda for DGB.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:52 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

No one adds votes on AK until his homework is done.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:02 pm

AK's post just whacked at my scumdar, largely because of his "gut feeling" explanation of his Ort suspicions. It's too late in the game to be relying on purely gut for cases. However, I'm somewhat inclined to believe his claim, although it probably could go either way. I'm keeping my vote on him.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by raider8169 »

zwetschenwasser, Post 974 wrote:I'm 14, DGB, but I start going a little nuts the closer it gets to midnight. Raider, if it gets people to believe AK and unvote him, then I will wait to lynch you tomorrow. Qangan, I claimed Wasabi, btw. Now let's get back to Jebus...
Unvote; Vote: Jebus
zwetschenwasser wrote:AK's post just whacked at my scumdar, largely because of his "gut feeling" explanation of his Ort suspicions. It's too late in the game to be relying on purely gut for cases. However, I'm somewhat inclined to believe his claim, although it probably could go either way. I'm keeping my vote on him.
Are you forgetting what you are posting in this game. Your vote is for Jebus yet you just said you are keeping your voting on AK.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by Slicey »

I also disagree with his read on Qanqan, who really hasn't done anything this game so far. And I believe Narsis has posted enough to form an opinion on.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:12 pm

Yes, but apparently Shaft doesn't want to recognize my unvotes.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Vote Count:

AK
(5) Slicey, raider8169, Qanqan, Narsis, DrippingGoofball
Jebus
(5) hp [leaves], Setanta, Seraphim, ortolan, zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
(1) Riceballtail
ortolan
(1) Jebus
DrippingGoofball
(1) AK

Note Voting:
WhereIsTony, Azhrei, minineko

With 16 alive it's 9 to lynch.

Man editing powers would be nice
Qanqan
Qanqan
Townie
Qanqan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by Qanqan »

Slicey wrote:Just carefully read zwet's posts and you'll see he's clearly a townie. And you really didn't go into any detail, except kinda for DGB.
Everyone is saying Zwet is town. but i still don't see it...
My name is not Quanqan or Qangan~
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Qanqan wrote:Everyone is saying Zwet is town. but i still don't see it...
QFT
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:13 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Qanqan wrote:
Slicey wrote:Just carefully read zwet's posts and you'll see he's clearly a townie. And you really didn't go into any detail, except kinda for DGB.
Everyone is saying Zwet is town. but i still don't see it...
Neither do I...

I'm unsure what to think of AK's response, as he does contradict himself as Slicey pointed out, but there's something a little odd about it. However he does make a very good point on DGB, and it's something I myself have been thinking about recently as well.

However, none of that on its own really puts in a mind to vote for him, its just not conclusive. However, the post of Sirdan's defending PB that I brought up earlier is something that is quite clear. Sirdan was defending PB, and he was trying to hide it. And that is something that I can't let go by. Now that we have his response, I'm happy to vote for him.

Vote: AK
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
AK
AK
Goon
AK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:22 am

Post by AK »

Azhrei that vote looks like you want me gone before I can say more, and with you as one of my suspects it could be a scum tell..

To all, please bear in mind that my comments on everybody was based on pure memorization after one read of the thread. Also do bear in mind that I've been in this game for just 5 days, while most of you have been playing this game for almost 2 months..

I've just got to spend a little time on a few other mafia games that I've been neglecting a bit the last few days before I'm gonna go back and explain the DGB case more and answer your questions.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”