~Jordan`
Goon
~Jordan`
Goon
Goon

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:53 pm

Post by ~Jordan` »

pah
kick logic to the curb and do the impossible!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:26 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

What did you expect an essay from me?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:27 pm

Like, there's guaranteed AT LEAST two scum in the pool of your non checks assuming you're town.

Therefore if DDD is town we get a confirmed scum from the shot.

There's really no reason not to shoot him.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:28 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

You didn't actually vote.
Gunslinger
Gunslinger
Goon
Gunslinger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:33 pm

Post by Gunslinger »

VOTE: No Lynch

There is absolutely no reason to lynch today. Scum cannot kill Jordan either a) because he is scum or b) because his death will create a pool where town has a 50/50 chance of hitting scum. I still don't buy beast as town. FMPOV, it's a two thirds chance since I am not scum.

Second, the big advantage of possibly lynching in mylo is also gone. That is the ability for the vig to correct. The vig will be blocked if he is town if we mislynch. Then it is good game. They could what, kill RC or Aegor? Then that gives us information about who defended that player and when.

This speculation, all depends on trusting Jordan who miraculously never landed on any of the deaths so far in the game. I don't like it at alll.

Yeah it is miraculous.

Jordan --- Beast scumteam cashes in their chips right here. There's no roleblocker in this setup, and there doesn't need to be. Jordan!scum cashes in the towncred to push a fake cop claim when all the scum know that everyone is a VT that is left alive. That means the scum would have a goon and a godfather but nothing else.

Jordan's claim also overpromised and underdelivered. The game is far from solved. Who is the Godfather that he checked? We have no clue at all.

Jordan may damn well be right, but I've used many of the same tactics to pressure as scum to win. So yeah, I don't like it. Do I think it's false, I'm uncertain. Yeah, I am totally fenceshitting but you just don't vote in Mylo unless you have a confirmed scum.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:42 pm

VOTE: Drake Crusader
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:48 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 980, Gunslinger wrote:VOTE: No Lynch

There is absolutely no reason to lynch today. Scum cannot kill Jordan either a) because he is scum or b) because his death will create a pool where town has a 50/50 chance of hitting scum. I still don't buy beast as town. FMPOV, it's a two thirds chance since I am not scum.

Second, the big advantage of possibly lynching in mylo is also gone. That is the ability for the vig to correct. The vig will be blocked if he is town if we mislynch. Then it is good game. They could what, kill RC or Aegor? Then that gives us information about who defended that player and when.

This speculation, all depends on trusting Jordan who miraculously never landed on any of the deaths so far in the game. I don't like it at alll.

Yeah it is miraculous.

Jordan --- Beast scumteam cashes in their chips right here. There's no roleblocker in this setup, and there doesn't need to be. Jordan!scum cashes in the towncred to push a fake cop claim when all the scum know that everyone is a VT that is left alive. That means the scum would have a goon and a godfather but nothing else.

Jordan's claim also overpromised and underdelivered. The game is far from solved. Who is the Godfather that he checked? We have no clue at all.

Jordan may damn well be right, but I've used many of the same tactics to pressure as scum to win. So yeah, I don't like it. Do I think it's false, I'm uncertain. Yeah, I am totally fenceshitting but you just don't vote in Mylo unless you have a confirmed scum.
Y
o
u
k
n
o
w
f
o
r
s
o
m
e
o
n
e
w
h
o
h
a
s
c
l
a
i
m
e
d
t
o
h
a
v
e
s
o
m
e
l
t
s
k
i
l
l
s
y
o
u
e
i
t
h
e
r
c
a
u
g
h
t
a
h
o
t
s
t
r
i
n
g
o
f
l
u
c
k
a
n
d
l
e
t
i
t
g
o
t
o
y
o
u
r
h
e
a
d
o
r
y
o
u
'
v
e
r
e
a
c
h
e
d
t
h
e
"
s
a
y
a
n
y
t
h
i
n
g
"
p
a
r
t
o
f
y
o
u
r
s
c
u
m
g
a
m
e
b
e
c
a
u
s
e
t
h
e
r
e
'
s
s
o
m
e
a
b
s
o
l
u
t
e
n
o
n
s
e
n
s
e
i
n
t
h
i
s
p
o
s
t

UNVOTE:
~Jordan`
~Jordan`
Goon
~Jordan`
Goon
Goon

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:55 pm

Post by ~Jordan` »

In post 980, Gunslinger wrote:VOTE: No Lynch

The main reason to lynch today is the fact that tomorrow scum will control a larger pool of the vote and thus increase our odds of mislynching. There needs to be a solid reason to choose that scenario over this one. And there isn't. The NK isn't going to narrow down who is scum, so just waiting around won't clarify anything - the main point of no lynching in MYLO.
The big advantage of MYLO is not "if the vig is still alive, we can act". Is that even an advantage of MYLO, rather than just of "there is a vig in the game"?

Yeah it is miraculous.
GS. You're either not thinking or being deliberately dense. Cops, by virtue of their win condition, target null reads. Scum doesn't. Not landing on the deaths so far wouldn't be miraculous even
if
I was targetting randomly. But the very fact that I'm deliberately not targeting obvious townreads makes this whole phenomenon
not even rare
wat
AEGOR. AEGOR. AEGOR. AEGOR.
~Jordan`
~Jordan`
Goon
~Jordan`
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:57 pm

Post by ~Jordan` »

Since I'm going to die tonight and I'd rather the game not fall apart with my departure, I'm going to explain my Aegor read thoroughly before the Day ends.

That is, if I totally disregard the impending doom that is my midterm even longer than I ought to.
Gunslinger
Gunslinger
Goon
Gunslinger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:02 pm

Post by Gunslinger »

Jordan,

1) that would apply in every mislynch scenario at mylo. Mylo lynching is a risk. It's not a risk I feel comfortable taking at this time. Period. Considering you are familiar with mylo, you should know that getting information is the best move. Rarely, scum do bus in lylo. I've done it myself for the scumcred previously. Don't make it more dramatic than it is.

2) Nope. Here, the vig in the game might as well not exist for us. The vig can't shoot. Ank and I took advantage of this in Tit for Tat to drive home the winning mislynch because we had a good idea as to who the town vig was.

3) There are two schools of thought on cops. One confirms their reads. The other seeks null reads. You've just claimed the latter. Care to have a cop game for me to read meta on?

4) That's a possible Jordan beast scenario right there.

5) Yeah, with what evidence is Aegor the godfather? I could just as easily argue it's someone else off the list. There's no evidence in support of Aegor based on your claims alone. Prove it's him.
Gunslinger
Gunslinger
Goon
Gunslinger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:03 pm

Post by Gunslinger »

In post 984, ~Jordan` wrote:Since I'm going to die tonight and I'd rather the game not fall apart with my departure, I'm going to explain my Aegor read thoroughly before the Day ends.

That is, if I totally disregard the impending doom that is my midterm even longer than I ought to.
Scum would have to be royally stupid to shoot you.

You, me, Aegor, Beast, Drake, and DD will all live to see tomorrow. The scums would want both theories alive for easier chance to mislynch, regardless of who they are. Quit acting paranoid and supposing dumb scum.

Please do explain your Aegor read.
~Jordan`
~Jordan`
Goon
~Jordan`
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:09 pm

Post by ~Jordan` »

If I'm to stay alive, they would have to roleblock me. And that would permit Beast to vig Drake. Which would make quite a few theories die.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:12 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

Wait, are you saying that if we no lynch that the scum wouldn't shoot me or Jordan? Then who would they shoot? I think you said RC. Why did you choose RC? Also, if they don't shoot either of us then one of us gets to do their action.
Gunslinger
Gunslinger
Goon
Gunslinger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:15 pm

Post by Gunslinger »

Well, no.

Assuming you are town and Beast is town, they let you live assuming you won't check me and block Beast, thus making him look bad. If they block you, they prove Beast is town thus causing me to vote Drake and making him be the lynch. If we no lynch, Beast (if town) looks worse because he didn't shoot Drake. Then, they take out one of the cleareds you are pushing making it more likely, but far from certain, that your claim is accurate.

That, however, gets us more information.
Gunslinger
Gunslinger
Goon
Gunslinger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:16 pm

Post by Gunslinger »

In post 988, beastcharizard wrote:Wait, are you saying that if we no lynch that the scum wouldn't shoot me or Jordan? Then who would they shoot? I think you said RC. Why did you choose RC? Also, if they don't shoot either of us then one of us gets to do their action.
That's exactly what I am saying.

Jordan's claim is suspect. If he is town, shooting him gives the town a shit ton of information. Smart scum don't confirm shit in lylo.

Then they block you so Drake lives.
Gunslinger
Gunslinger
Goon
Gunslinger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:17 pm

Post by Gunslinger »

989 was at Jordan. 990 was at Beast.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

I am guilty of thinking scum strategy because it is fun, but if you are not scum you and DDD are literally feeding them what to do at this point. They don't even have to think anymore.

If they do block me and don't kill Jordan then they are all but claiming. Most of the game believes the Cop claim.
Gunslinger
Gunslinger
Goon
Gunslinger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:27 pm

Post by Gunslinger »

Thinking scum strategy is not something you should ever feel guilty about.

Go ahead and create wifom around the scum strategy beast, but that's dumb scum. I always suppose scum are smart.

I'd rather take the last piece of information and work with everyone to ensure that the game goes correctly.

The fact that Jordan and RC are not unvoting is unsettling.
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

I didn't unvote either.
~Jordan`
~Jordan`
Goon
~Jordan`
Goon
Goon

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:31 pm

Post by ~Jordan` »

In post 989, Gunslinger wrote:Well, no.

Assuming you are town and Beast is town, they let you live assuming you won't check me and block Beast, thus making him look bad. If they block you, they prove Beast is town thus causing me to vote Drake and making him be the lynch. If we no lynch, Beast (if town) looks worse because he didn't shoot Drake. Then, they take out one of the cleareds you are pushing making it more likely, but far from certain, that your claim is accurate.

That, however, gets us more information.
You think the scum would rather let the town cop scan again than permit either of the town PRs to die.
~Jordan`
~Jordan`
Goon
~Jordan`
Goon
Goon

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:32 pm

Post by ~Jordan` »

I just don't see how we gain anything from the scenario you're so sure that scum will execute. Another townie dies. I'm a little more credible? Then what?
~Jordan`
~Jordan`
Goon
~Jordan`
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:34 pm

Post by ~Jordan` »

Actually, that works.

One extra scan will make the game after we finally lynch scum (and I get NKed) even more winnable. It's all we really need to justify waiting another day.
~Jordan`
~Jordan`
Goon
~Jordan`
Goon
Goon

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:36 pm

Post by ~Jordan` »

Egh...
unvote

It's at least worth thinking about.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:51 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 998, ~Jordan` wrote:Egh...
unvote

It's at least worth thinking about.
G