Mini 1556: Greetings Without Spain (GAME OVER FAREWELL)

ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:11 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Well if the game isn't over I'll look over everything again. I won't announce who I'm hiding behind though.

I seriously doubt it though. You really haven't done anything useful this game, either. I hate having useless confirmed town.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:27 pm

Post by Rubicon »

N are you fucking scum
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:28 pm

Post by N »

How could I be scum? A Hider hid behind me!
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:33 pm

Post by Rubicon »

:facepalm:
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:33 pm

Post by Rubicon »

Because this setup is fucked, would be my answer
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:48 pm

Post by Rubicon »

In post 973, ICEninja wrote:For confirmed town, suggesting I hide behind RC isn't the smartest way for you to contribute. I don't realistically see Kthx as scum if RC is town. It just makes no sense.

No, it's idk, RC, and Rubicon. RC probably just bussed his buddy, and is making it look like he's town. I suppose it is possible that the team is RC, Rubicon, and Kthx, meaning we just lost.

I have to say twilights last a long time this game. They make me twitchy since there's a possibility the game is already over.
Game is obviously over, but 5000 conf-bias points to you for still thinking I'm scum, lol
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:21 pm

Post by ICEninja »

In post 975, ICEninja wrote:Well if the game isn't over I'll look over everything again. I won't announce who I'm hiding behind though.

I seriously doubt it though. You really haven't done anything useful this game, either. I hate having useless confirmed town.
Yeah the devil face by RC definitely implies it.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:22 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Whoa I have no idea why I quoted myself. Damn phone posting.
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: I don't know why you're linking me to pictures of babies on Facebook

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:07 am

Post by Bicephalous Bob »

Not voting (3): Rhinox, N, idk

idk (4): ICEninja, Rubicon, Kthxbye, RedCoyote -- LYNCH

7 alive, 4 to lynch

(expired on 2014-05-06 09:51:46) until deadline

ICEninja, N, and RedCoyote built an army. Help them take over youtube

idk,
Vanilla Townie
, has been lynched.
Last edited by Bicephalous Bob on Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:07 am

N and RedCoyote, Mafia Goons, and ICEninja, Mafia Traitor Compulsive Hider, won the game!

THINGS

Gooner/Aisa/evilpacman is a doc
d3x is a tracker

ICE is a Mafia Traitor Compulsive Hider (full mafia member except for scumtalk and the ability to perform the nightkill)

pissy (rc) and lucresia (N) are goons

Day 1

Titus is lynched

Night 1

Lucresia kills d3x
d3x tracks pissy (fails)
Aisa siteflaked!
ICE hides behind PrivateI

Day 2

Xay is lynched

Night 2

evil protects equinox
rc kills equinox (fails)
ICE hides behind fitz

Day 3

evilpacman is lynched

Night 3

N kills Equinox
ICE hides behind idk

Day 4

idk is lynched

Thoughts

Removing the 13th townie was stupid. I think the setup would've been pretty balanced if I hadn't done that. The tracker couldn't only track the nightkill but could also confirm the hider's target as town by targeting his target. (The result would be: Your target didn't visit anyone AND your target visited [your target].)

I overestimated the negative influence the Traitor would have on the coordinaiton of the Mafia.

This setup wasn't exactly normal.
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:17 am

Well, technically, it was.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:19 am

Post by N »

Ice's role won that for us all on its own.
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:01 am

Post by Xayzeck »

gg all

i swear my play this game was total shit

scum qt?
GMT+8
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:02 am

Post by Rhinox »

wow we were even more fucked than if ICE were town.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:44 am

Post by RedCoyote »

ICE did fantastic! How that man managed to never catch any suspicion on his alignment is beyond me. I guess because it just didn't seem like a scum role at all, but I was sufficiently (and pleasantly!) surprised that we didn't have to deal with anyone second guessing him. N did a fine job. He was effectively given free rein thanks to ICE. This allowed him to do whatever he wanted and playing a touch trollish just to keep the town off their game.

Coming into this game, I worked very hard to secure that Xay lynch. Realistically, I thought that that would be all I'd be able to do for the scumteam this game. After securing that lynch, all I wanted to do was get the protective role outted and then I fully expected to be lynched. I threw that commuter crumb out there early as an ace-in-the-hole, not knowing if I'd ever want or need to use it. I figured it was ambiguous enough to cause some confusion. When Equinox started spinning her theories about "Hide and Seek", I was sitting here like, "Huh? Oh... Uh, y-yeah! That's the ticket! :shifty:" I don't think neither myself nor N expected pacman to be the protective role though, much less have a successful protection. That threw me for a total loop. Strangely enough, Luc and pisskop fingered both PRs immediately on N1. How they were able to ascertain that was very impressive.

But pacman allowed me to really push him hard the entirety of D4. ICE was a big help in assisting with that, as was Rubicon. When ICE and Kthx dropped the whole "one of Xay/pisskop/Titus has to be scum", that was a very helpful. I'm glad no one called them out on that, because I had no effective answer to that.

Anyway, it was a shame that there were so many flakes/inactives in this game. I was having a ball with it.

Mod, I enjoyed the flavor. I wish there'd have been more of it. Constructive criticism: I would add hyperlinks on the OP where the replacements/day starts occurred. Vote Counts were also somewhat sparse. Other than that, I had fun with it. gg all!

Scum QT: http://quicktopic.com/50/H/URAz5NTZpQLK

Also, ICE, I felt like a real dumbass on N3 when N told me that you already knew who we were, lol. I spent 3 or 4 posts trying to crumb that to you for no reason.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:47 am

Post by RedCoyote »

pisskop, 3/18/14, in QT wrote:3) Aisa is a pr
So is d3x.
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:55 am

yeah that was amazing

Dead QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/LpNxBQng7Cdih
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:07 am

Post by Equinox »

Well played, scum. Thanks for the game, everyone!
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:13 am

Post by d3x »

GG all.
In post 989, RedCoyote wrote:ICE did fantastic! How that man managed to never catch any suspicion on his alignment is beyond me.
While I agree that he did a great job, I don't agree that he didn't catch any suspicion at all. In p I say that if piss is Scum, ICE is Scum.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:27 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Oh, no, you're right, d3x. I just meant specifically after his claim.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:29 am

Post by d3x »

Right on. Yeah, as I said in the DeadQT. You two were too convinsing with your Distancing fight. It made you both look TvT and made the Claims that much more believable. Good job to you both.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
idk
idk
Townie
idk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:48 am

Post by idk »

Well, that certainly wasn't a fun position to replace into, especially for my first game on MS. :lol:

Congratulations scum team for completely steamrolling the town! I've never seen a game where the wolves dominated like they did in this one. ICE, great play from you; I would've never thought that you were scum this game.

Hope to see you all in some more games on here!
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:55 am

Post by Rubicon »

GG everyone, and congrats scum - especially ICE.

My play was terrible. I'm gonna have to go over this game and figure out all the things I did wrong, for the future.

That said, I don't know when we were supposed to lynch the mod-confirmed investigative role, or one of his clears. If the tracker had survived, sure, but...
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:16 am

I said there was a non-standard Hider-like role. ICE claimed an investigative variant, but I never said he was. You actually said it made more sense if one of the listed roles was scum. I'm pretty sure that, had the traitor been a lesser player, you would've figured it out.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:22 am

Post by ICEninja »

Whew alright. First thing, I would actually like to apologize to town. The way I exploited my role was legitimately unfair for your side. That combined with a sheer number of replacements made this game virtually impossible for town to win.

So. Mafia traitor compulsive hider. This is
both
the worst role to play in a normal that I've ever seen and the role with the most possibility to ruin the game based on play (with only a mafia framer being worse but that is based on luck, a successful frame has decided entire games before based on a single night action, ICKY) depending on the setup.

First, regarding my reaction receiving this role PM. I was...pretty unhappy. I'm biased in that I always prefer to play town over scum, as the thrill of the flip is my favorite part of this game, but this role made it even worse. The part about playing scum that sucks so much is the feeling of isolation during the day phase. During the night phase you're able to talk and plan, which really alleviates that, and many games have day talk these days which actually allows me to enjoy playing scum because it feels a lot less like you're on your own, one screwup away from being lynched.

Being a traitor doesn't give you that comfort of playing with your allies, though. Sometimes traitors are attempting to get "assimilated" in to the mafia squad by being the target of the night kill, but being a hider, I knew that it wasn't possible.

So then there is the other half of my role PM is being a hider. By itself, a town hider (compulsive or not) is generally best played as a suicide bomber unless you're super town. If a town hider gets super town status then they should be playing to dodge kills. However, most hiders play as a sort of suicide bomber. A cleverly crumbed hider dying behind scum flips and all but ensures scum's death, even better than a cop guilty claim. I obviously didn't get to do this. Instead I had to pick the player who was least likely to die and dodge my own team's kills. Because I had absolutely no control over who my team was going to kill and could be on the nasty end of that should they do something unpredictable.

After only a single kill N1 I figured I was more or less safe to simply hide behind whoever was probably going to get lynched the next day, and once I realized that the mod had actually pointed out that there was a non standard hider in this game without a second mafia team and without a town vig, that I could claim and absolutely
nothing
could stop me. I had to come up with a non-standard hider role to claim, and who the hell would suspect a scum based hider if there's absolutely NOTHING to kill him? The
only
way anyone could possibly guess I was scum is if I was exactly as I am, a traitor hider. Which is quiiiiiite a stretch.

SO basically I had a role that was lame to play and broke the game. It wasn't really much fun :(.

I honestly didn't even feel like I played very well. I pulled a hell of a lot of suspicion early on in the game just because I suck at playing scum. I pretty much relied on the fact that once I "cleared" N, that my buddies knew what my real role was. If they realized what I was up to, then town had little to no counter-play.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”