CarnCarn
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
CarnCarn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by CarnCarn »

wow. SG and OP were my next lynch choices. Should have used my other overthrow attempt yesterday, too. I really didn't like OP as DICTATOR.

Oh well. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa, guys.

Was the poisoning a 1-shot ability for the scum?
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by Jebus »

Meh. Good setup in terms of mechanics, anyway.

Just out of curiousity, can I see the scum qt?
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Day 1:
orangepenguin poisons Caligulaph
Night 1:
SiestaGuru kills Occam
Der Hammer steals Jebus's overthrow attempt
Caligulaph tracks Jazzmyn
Caligulaph gives no choice for bulletproof vest or secret police
Caligulaph abdicates and appoints Gorrad as successor
Night 2:
SiestaGuru kills Korlash
CarnCarn steals SiestaGuru's overthrow attempt
orangepenguin gives no choice for bulletproof vest or secret police
Night 3:
orangepenguin kills CarnCarn and Moratorium
The end justifies the means.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

Setup:
orangepenguin, Gorrad, SiestaGuru:

As champions of democracy, you three just cannot leave the dictators alone. You have teamed up to overrun Dictatorville, one of the last strongholds of dictatorship. Can you three beat actual dictators at their own game?

You 3 are members of the Mafia. orangepenguin is the Godfather
Winston Churchill
, who is immune to all cop investigations. Gorrad is
Thomas Jefferson
, SiestaGuru is
Pericles
, and both are Goons. Your group has the following abilities:

1. One NightKill each night: Anyone group member may submit the target and the name of the person doing the kill.

2. Communication: Each member has the ability to communicate to the group during nights. Reading and posting on the group Quicktopic thread is recommended due to convenience and the ability for me to post updates for your Mafia group. Click here to go to the Quicktopic thread.

3. Poison Kit: Anytime during any day, any group member may PM me to poison a target. The target would die at the start of the next day, 100% guaranteed.

4. Safe Nameclaim: You know that any dictator currently alive in the real world is not in this game. For example, North Korea's Kim Jong-il.

Your group wins when the alive members constitute greater than 50% of all those alive OR when the alive members constitute exactly 50% of all those alive and one of the members is the DICTATOR.

Please confirm in thread by clicking here. If you have any questions, please ask via PM.
christiano drago/Korlash:

You sure didn't end your dictatorship on a good note. But now you're back and better than ever for another hurrah...

You are
Julius Caesar
, a Protown Vengeful Limited Dayvig. You have a 1-shot daykill available on the current DICTATOR, which you may use during anytime anyday via PM. If you choose to use it, the day would end immediately and all those alive will vote on next day’s DICTATOR during the night.

You will also have a bulletproof vest the night after you use the daykill.
And if you are executed on any day, you will instantaneously automatically kill the DICTATOR that executed you as a revenge kill. Afterwards all those alive will vote on the next day's DICTATOR during the night.

You win with the town when all Antitown forces are eliminated.

Please confirm in thread by clicking here. If you have any questions, please ask via PM.
Caligulaph:

Although you are not among the dictator big boys, you still left a big mark in Chile. Now you seek to do the same in Dictatorville, with extra powers...

You are
Augusto Pinochet
, a Protown Tracker. Each night you may choose a target to track who he or she targets.

Der Hammer/CarnCarn:

You have quite an impressive dictator Résumé. Long March, Great Leap Forward, and Cultural Revolution, just to name a few. Now you are taking your antics to Dictatorville to weed out the evil, and maybe relive the glory days...

You are
Mao Zedong
, a Protown Cunning Townie. Each night you may choose a target to steal his or her overthrow attempt for the next day. If successful, the target will be notified of this. If you have 2 overthrow attempts for a certain day, you may post
overthrow: DICTATOR
twice in the same post.

In additition, all your overthrow attempts automatically get a 25% boost. For example, a 55% attempt is boosted to 80%.

SlySly:

You once controled one of the largest empires in history. Dictatorville isn't exactly the Mongol empire, but you can still make your presence felt...

You are
Genghis Khan
, a Protown Doctor. Each night you may protect a target from 1 kill attempt. You may not target yourself.

Jazzmyn/roflcopter:

You won't get a chance to systematically murder millions of people. But you can still do Dictatorville a favor by nailing the bad guys...

You are
Adolf Hitler
, a Protown Vanilla Townie. You still have 1 overthrow attempt each day, but that's about it.

Moratorium:

You shold be a pro at this purging thing. Instead of purging party enemies in your previous exploits, you now aim to purge enemies of Dictatorville...

You are
Joseph Stalin
, a Protown Vanilla Townie. You still have 1 overthrow attempt each day, but that's about it.

Occam:

Ruling Iraq was sure fun while it lasted. An abrupt end to your reign left a sour taste in your mouth. You now seek to redeem yourself in Dictatorville...

You are
Saddam Hussein

Jebus:

Although you might be most well-known for your wives and mistresses back in England, you mean business here in Dictatorville...

You are
Henry VIII

MonkeyMan576:

As the founder of Fascism, you have experienced all the highs and lows. You now try to return to another high in Dictatorville...

You are
Benito Mussolini

The end justifies the means.
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by Moratorium »

Gorrad on qt board wrote: Alternately, it's possible to break this game. We use two kills tonight. Tomorrow, we stall for 48 hours- if one of us is overthrown, we get another of us to overthrow the overthrower. As soon as we can, we execute a townie. Any townie. From there? We win.
Pretty much what happenned.
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Oh, cool. I thought today was lylo, and feared when I saw "Game Over" that somebody overthrew me, and that we lost. This happens in all MM games.

Some thoughts:
- I thought we were able to poison every day, so day 2 IRL of the game, I decided to poison Cal, because he was considered pro-town, or whatever. SG and Gorrad had no idea..and thought it was a bad idea.
- I thought, if any of the 3 of us were going to make it to endgame, it was Gorrad, who I thought was the most protown. Guess not. LOL.
- I did NOT want to be dictator. I thought we were in a good position with Siesta. Monkeyman overthrew. I figured Gorrad wasn't going to get it, so I freaked out, and overthrew both of them. I decided to go by Siesta's rules, because I figured, hey, why not? It worked for him.
- We (Siesta + I) knew we had to sacrifice Gorrad. But we knew Monkey was going first, because if Gorrad flipped scum, Monkey would look good. I always planned to kill Gorrad the day after. I probably should've night copped him (not sure if I could or not), and then day executed CarnCarn...since he was scummy, in the way that he could steal.
- I was just going to execute right away today, just in case I was overthrew. It would've gone to night, and we would've won right away..

I am very pleased with the results. It worked out better than I expected. I was worried about Siesta, but when he became Dictator, I was really impressed.

:)
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:52 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Moratorium wrote:
Gorrad on qt board wrote: Alternately, it's possible to break this game. We use two kills tonight. Tomorrow, we stall for 48 hours- if one of us is overthrown, we get another of us to overthrow the overthrower. As soon as we can, we execute a townie. Any townie. From there? We win.
Pretty much what happenned.
I didn't like his plan. It seemed pretty reckless..lol. :oops:
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:01 pm

Post by SiestaGuru »

Good game guys. :D

It all worked out perfectly, we had had basicly won after the MM kill.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:02 pm

Post by SiestaGuru »

I thought we had a poison every day at first aswell, but that would have been very unbalanced ofcourse.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Good game everyone. Well made and played.

Still don't see where I was so scummy, though...
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2009 4:05 pm

Post by MeMe »

last post