7. Looker
    Zakeri
    , God, ascended to heaven Night Three
  8. zwetschenwasser, a Jewish Recruit, died Day Four
  9. pacman281292, an agnostic, died Day Five
  10. ortolan, a Jewish Recruit, died Day Six
  11. X, the Jewish Leader, died Day Seven

Rules

1. You are expected to treat this game as a commitment to the other players and myself. As a result, you are expected to stay active. To ensure steady participation, deadlines will be set at daybreak to last exactly (1.5 x the number of living players) days.
  2. When 72 hours have passed without an individual player posting, I will prod that player only if requested to do so, the prodded player will then have 48 hours to respond in the game thread. Failure to pick up prods, respond in thread, or requiring three prods will result in replacement. Please notify me if you will be unable to post for more than 48 hours, I will post a message to that effect in the game.
  3. Votes need to be in bold type. Unvotes are unnecessary. Lynches will require a true majority of voters. Once a person has a majority of votes they are the lynch. Any further actions will not stop the lynch. If no majority has been reached by deadline there will be no lynch. Until the thread is locked, any living player, including the lynchee can continue to post. Once you are dead, however, you may no longer post.
  4. Quote anything you like, excluding ongoing games and moderator PMs, whenever you like. All forms of cryptography are acceptable as well. Do not PM or otherwise contact players outside the thread unless you are explicitly allowed. There are exceptions, however. You may cite when (date, time) a player has posted elsewhere on this site. You may cite information posted by a moderator in another game (including alignment if it is revealed by the mod).
  5. The following are banned in my games: Hydras, screenshots, quoting or faking PMs from the mod, and referencing ongoing games except as stated earlier. Violating my rules will be punished based on the infraction and the intent behind it.
  6. I am the Mod. You will do what I say. I am not infallible. I will make mistakes, do not hesitate to ask if something questionable is indeed a mistake. If you believe I've made a mistake please tell me in whatever way suits you, PM, in the thread, or AIM. I appreciate feedback concerning my moderation, it is an ongoing learning process for me. If I have overlooked something and need to modify the rules to account for it, I will post a notice in the game thread and update this post.
Last edited by Lord Gurgi on Fri May 08, 2009 5:17 am, edited 32 times in total.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:56 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

One role wrote:
God:

And on the 15th day, God went out to get a drink. Forget the fact that it was the fifteenth of October and it just so happened to be a Wednesday at about three o’ clock, this sounds more impressive. It wasn’t so long ago that you went down to earth and knocked up some virgin chick (you wry stud, you). Your idiot son Jesus then went and got himself crucified and hasn't left the house since. That’s why you went out to get a drink; you're sick of that little twit constantly going on and on about how he doesn't want to come again and how he died for
all
of humanity's sins blah blah
freaking
blah. Fast forward a few years; apparently, you got a little completely stoned that night and made this kid named Friedrich. Now he goes on ranting about how you're dead and all that.
We’ll see who’s dead
. It’s about time to deliver some divine judgment on his blasphemous ass.
Of course, there's a
slight
chance that you're completely and utterly misconstruing his words... Nah, you should beat him around a bit. You may be a bit generous with the energy you put into your punishment these days, you don’t get to do it as much anymore; but hey, that's what the afterlife is for, and who doesn’t like charred infidel corpses anyway? The issue is that your vision isn’t what it used to be and your omniscience isn't in great shape either; you're finding it hard to smite the right people nowadays. The faithful and the stupid, incestuous, blasphemous, atheist infidels are so similar these days. You're sure that PERSON A, PERSON B, and PERSON C are on the straight-and-narrow, though. You're going to have to deal with the rest of them yourself. It seems though, that little Friedrich has caught onto your scheme and is trying to kill you instead. Apparently he got a bunch of scientists to build the Large Hadron Collider. As it turns out, black holes in your spleen are not conducive to good health. Luckily, dang thing only works once, but he could do it any time. So you’re going to have to kill people with lightning... Subtly... Night time it is then. Once you kill Friedrich the rest will take care of itself.
For the people who can’t read: You win when Nietzsche is dead. You have a night kill. You lose if you die. You know that A, B, and C are the leaders of the various faiths. You are unrecruitable.
One role wrote:
Nietzsche:

You’re the bastard son of God. On one October 15th, God went out, got stone drunk and knocked up your mom. Yeah, that’s right, you’re Friedrich Nietzsche. You hate God. You told the world that he was dead, and the world was better off for it. Last week you found out that the jerk isn’t dead. Well he’s going to be. You talked to your friends in the Illuminati, and they got some scientists to build the Large Hadron Collider. What most people don’t know is that the LHC can target where it creates the black holes. Inside internal organs, mostly. It only has one shot, but you can do it any time. In the meantime, you’re going to have to be careful. Some guy got struck by lightning last night… Three times. Religion will fall with God dead.
For the people who can’t read: You win when God is dead. You have a one shot any time kill. You lose if you die. You are unrecruitable.
Three roles wrote:
[Judaism/Christian/Muslim]Cult Leader:

[Shalom/Hello father/Bismi-Ilahi], you bring the word of the [Tanakh and the Talmud/Bible/Qur’an] to the people. You are a persuasive man. However, there are heretics about. The [Christians and Muslims/Muslims and Jews/Jews and Christians] are spreading lunacy and madness. Their words are persuasive too. A man converted does not convert again. Once the leaders of their faiths are dead, they can be brought to see the error of their ways. You know that [El/God/Allah] has returned to earth. You know that he has returned as PLAYER A. You must protect him, or everything is lost. You have midnight mass here.
For those people who can’t read: Recruits cannot be recruited. You win when the leaders of the opposing faiths are dead. You lose if you die. You lose if God dies. You are unrecruitable.
Fifteen roles wrote wrote:
Agnostic:

You just don’t know. It’s too hard. You’re an Agnostic. There could be a God, but there might not be. Maybe you should just believe in that teapot. Unnh, well, here’s an idea. If you got God killed, then you could easily decide. Yeah, let’s do that.
For the people who can’t read: You win when God is dead.
Not a role wrote:
Recruitment:

You have seen the light brother! You have converted to the [Jewish/Christian/Islamic] Faith! Your goals have changed. Now you wish only to spread the good word to your brothers. PLAYER A is the leader of your faith, if he dies, so will the faith. You have learned that [El/God/Allah] has returned to the earth. You must protect him at all costs. If he is lost, all is lost. You must kill the leaders of the other faiths and bring the word of the truth to all. You have midnight mass here.
For the people who can’t read: You win when the leaders of the other faiths are dead. You lose if God dies. If PLAYER A dies, the win condition is lost. Cross your fingers for recruitment.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:04 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Once all roles have been picked up, the cults will have a head start.

Cult head start, what!?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Still some people left to confirm. Pesco has asked for replacement, so Seraphim gets first shot.

Please bear with me, having some trouble pinning people down.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Day one is go! (Finally)

Deadline is for the 21st of February at 4:00 PM PST.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Alright, so the game has begun right?
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by Jahudo »

Vote: Jebus
because he is clearly the Muslim or Jewish cult leader.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by populartajo »

Jahudo wrote:
Vote: Jebus
because he is clearly the Muslim or Jewish cult leader.
OMG, Jahudo just claimed Christian Leader!
Sorry we have to kill God.
Vote: X

You thought I wouldnt realize? Nice try tough.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Vote: DGB

obvscum
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by ting =) »

Vote:zachattack

Hi.
Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by Jebus »

zwetschenwasser wrote:

obvscum
So wait, what should we be voting for as scum?

Where to go. We could try finding the cult leaders, which would leave only agnostics. We also have to get rid of god, as our win condition says, though that may be hard, as he is basically an SK - he only cares about killing his target, and he's got no partners, thus much less chance of making scum slip-ups.

If we kill the cult leaders, this may be a sort of indirect way of killing God - He knows who the cult leaders are, it may help us in the finding of god.

I'm still unsure of what direction we should take.

Vote: Populartajo
, anyway, for making me think too much. (Z didn't really have much to do with it, I just happened to quote him.)
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
mask man
mask man
Goon
mask man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:08 pm

Post by mask man »

mask_man enters a room filled with random votes, with his super-hero mask hiding his role from others.
He soon breaks up in laughter, and also feels bad for himself...

"So," he said,
"I thought the Que topic was going to move into a game >_>"

anyway, playing agnostic kinda doesn't seem right,
think, at min there will be 9 agnostics next day(For the sake of not being retarded, I assume the min is 10, I wouldn't be so fast to use a one-shot kill =P) and 3 cult members, then 6 cult members and only 6 or 7 agnostics.

I would rather assume that I will be converted then attempt to lynch god.
And while we are still in the proper phase,

!'random' vote MyKonian
Show
The monster entered the blacksmith.
The monster became Otto the Blacksmith.
Otto the Blacksmith became the strongest man in the village.
But one day he said,
ÔÇ£Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.ÔÇØ
Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!

The hungry monster ate Otto from the inside out.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:23 pm

Post by ting =) »

If we kill the cult leaders, this may be a sort of indirect way of killing God - He knows who the cult leaders are, it may help us in the finding of god.
God doesn't need to care if the cult leaders die, he wins on his own. Although yes, dead cult leaders is also a good thing.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:59 pm

Post by qwints »

Well, this one is easy.

vote: Jebus
zachattack
zachattack
Goon
zachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:06 pm

Post by zachattack »

Vote: pacman2812925487962346977142359846214863269485016

Too many numbers
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:53 pm

Post by Zakeri »

Vote: Erratus Apathos

This is revenge for pitting me against my own best friend, Pesco. Forcing me to assassinate my best friend in a battle of wit that raged on between man and man, brother and brother in a final, desperate, bloody struggle that can only be described as "What he deserved".
"You know, I was hoping for a cop investigation. But instead I get [two vig kills]... okay." - Zakeri
"I [i]wish[/i] I ever got messages like this." - Vi
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:00 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

populartajo wrote:Sorry we have to kill God.

You thought I wouldnt realize? Nice try tough.
I agree it was a nice try, he really deserves a "best performance in a losing cause" scummy for his efforts.

Do you want your possessions identified?
ortolan
ortolan
Mafia Scum
ortolan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:03 pm

Post by ortolan »

ting =) wrote:
Vote:zachattack

Hi.
Godtell.

Vote: ting =)
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:50 am

Post by X »

Jahudo wrote:Vote: Jebus because he is clearly the Muslim or Jewish cult leader.
OMG, Jahudo just claimed Christian Leader!
Sorry we have to kill God.

You thought I wouldnt realize? Nice try tough.[/quote]Don't feed my superiority complex.
ting =) wrote:
God doesn't need to care if the cult leaders die, he wins on his own. Although yes, dead cult leaders is also a good thing.
That was my first instinct when I heard that there were 3 cults...but read this:
Mod, in Signup Thread wrote:Edit3: Game ends when Nietzsche or a cult wins. God just leaves the game.
If we kill 2 cult leaders, the game ends and we lose. Killing recruits is the second best thing to killing God.

Vote: mask man
because God is definitely a masked man.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:51 am

Post by X »

Oops, the first 5 lines or so (depending on how you count) should be a quote from populartajo.
Bloodmoney
Bloodmoney
Townie
Bloodmoney
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:55 am

Post by Bloodmoney »

Obvious supernatural entity.
"It is not the Russians I fear: it is the Doctor Bluthgelds, the Doctor Bloodmoneys, in our own society, that terrify me."--PKD
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:48 am

Post by ting =) »

ortolan wrote:Godtell.

Vote: ting =)
For thinking about how the roles might interact with each other?
maskman wrote:I would rather assume that I will be converted then attempt to lynch god.
x wrote:If we kill 2 cult leaders, the game ends and we lose. Killing recruits is the second best thing to killing God.
I was thinking about both of these last night. It'd be harder to win as a cult member than as an agnostic since you'll have to kill off the other two cults as while making sure God doesn't die. As an agnostic, the best way to win would be to try and kill God before we get culted, not resign yourself to being culted eventually and work on a win from there.

The second one I'm not so sure. Going after recruits means one/two of the cults will be stronger than the other.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:47 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

vote DGB

The only person we should be trying to kill is God. 2 dead cult leaders mean we lose.
I'm back!
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:55 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Vote: zwetschenwasser

I'm pretty sure that magical hat makes him God. At least in my Disney-themed world....
Sir Tornado wrote: The only person we should be trying to kill is God. 2 dead cult leaders mean we lose.
ting =) wrote: Going after recruits means one/two of the cults will be stronger than the other.
Well, I think God is the surefire target, with recruits/leaders tied for second, followed by Nietzche. Nietzche can also end the game if he wins, although his win condition is hard to pull off.
[i]Currently lurking about...
[/i]
zachattack
zachattack
Goon
zachattack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:01 am

Post by zachattack »

Why would we try to kill Nietzche? He's basically a one shot vig for the agnostics who can't be converted. Furthermore if he dies the agnostics lose our win condition, meaning we can't win unless we get recruited. He's the last person we want dead.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”