charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:27 am

Post by charter »

Mr. Garrison: Okay, chlidren. Let's take our seats. We have something very important to discuss. Due to recent events around the country I've been instructed to teach you all about sexual harassment in school.
Kyle: About what?
Mr. Garrison: Now, does anybody know what sexual harassment means? Yes, Eric?
Cartman: When you're trying to have intercourse with a lady friend, and some other guy comes up and tickles your balls from behind.

Vote Count

dejkha - 4 (caf19, Spolium, RestFermata, Empking)

GhostWriter - 1 (Riceballtail)
Riceballtail - 1 (GhostWriter)
nonny- 1 (ZazieR)
caf19 - 1 (fuzzylightning)
Spolium - 1 (dejkha

Not Voting (3)

nonny
nicoliosgotpolio
EsoMonty

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch!

This one is right, missed Spolium's vote before, sorry.
Last edited by charter on Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:08 am

Post by Spolium »

TIMMAHEH
btw charter I think you missed my vote last time round

dejkha wrote:Oh I am scumhunting. And you and nonny really seem to pushing this
In what sense do I "really seem to be pushing" it?

TIMMAAAAH
dej wrote:You more than her BTW and for more reasons than one. Buuuuut, none of which I'll say now.
Oooh, ominous.

Timjibbaroo, Timmeh
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by caf19 »

dej, I won't support you on this one... you clearly wanted us to at least consider a name claim. That's not unbelievably scummy in itself, so why deny it so vehemently now? The suggestion that you claim, when all you've had is a few votes on page 3, also strikes an odd note. Why the jumpiness?
nicoliosgotpolio
nicoliosgotpolio
Goon
nicoliosgotpolio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by nicoliosgotpolio »

Sorry if I have had a lack of activity lately. iPod/computer issues. iPod posting is no more:(

What has really stuck out to me is dej's apparent liking of char claims.

Dej, what makes you think it's not a big deal?
[size=75][sup]i[/sup][sub]know[/sub][sup]theres[/sup][sub]more[/sub][sup]to[/sup][sub]life[/sub][sup]than[/sup][sub]drinking[/sub][sup]this[/sup][sub]soul[/sub][sup]sick[/sup][sub]medicine.[/sub][/size]

RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:54 pm

Post by RestFermata »

Yes, if you randomly said "I like buttsex," that would definitely make me think you secretly liked it and were trying too hard to deny it. To quote Shakespeare: "The lady doth protest too much." If you bring it up, you're at least giving it credence as a legitimate idea. And you didn't even say you "didn't like" it, you just refused to say that you DID like it, which is different.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:00 pm

Post by dejkha »

caf19 wrote:Why the jumpiness?
I'd just rather not waste time on an otherwise pointless subject. And I'd rather not anyone else either.
nicoliosgotpolio wrote:Sorry if I have had a lack of activity lately. iPod/computer issues. iPod posting is no more:(

What has really stuck out to me is dej's apparent liking of char claims.

Dej, what makes you think it's not a big deal?
I never said I don't think it's a big deal.
RestFermata wrote:Yes, if you randomly said "I like buttsex," that would definitely make me think you secretly liked it and were trying too hard to deny it. To quote Shakespeare: "The lady doth protest too much." If you bring it up, you're at least giving it credence as a legitimate idea. And you didn't even say you "didn't like" it, you just refused to say that you DID like it, which is different.
I could understand that, but I never used the example "I like buttsex".

So rather than claiming, I'm just not gonna bother talking about it. I got my answer and I have no more to say on the subject.
"You say that all my posts are stupid like a motherf***ing SOB. I'm sick and tired of your constant BS." - Zwet to me.

"Fuck you... You're a pompous, ignorant fool, dejkha, and I don't appreciate your incessant badmouthing of me." - Zwet
nicoliosgotpolio
nicoliosgotpolio
Goon
nicoliosgotpolio
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by nicoliosgotpolio »

Would there be any harm in saying which character you are? As far as I know, the effects of each aren't known yet, possibly except for obvious ones like Officer Barbrady or maybe Satan if they're in it. Not that I'm suggesting claiming your character is the right thing to do, but with Spolium repeatedly giving a Timmy reference, it doesn't seem like it's a big deal...
I suppose I misinterpreted a bit, sorry. Still, I disagree. I think if we char claim it will highly influence what everyone, mafia or not, thinks of eachother.
For example, if someone claimed Cartman, I may think they were bus-driver because of how freaking manipulative he is in the show. But I guess that's just me.
[size=75][sup]i[/sup][sub]know[/sub][sup]theres[/sup][sub]more[/sub][sup]to[/sup][sub]life[/sub][sup]than[/sup][sub]drinking[/sub][sup]this[/sup][sub]soul[/sub][sup]sick[/sup][sub]medicine.[/sub][/size]

Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by Spolium »

But dejkha, aren't you going to answer my question? :(
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by dejkha »

No. Not yet. I don't know when either, so don't ask.
"You say that all my posts are stupid like a motherf***ing SOB. I'm sick and tired of your constant BS." - Zwet to me.

"Fuck you... You're a pompous, ignorant fool, dejkha, and I don't appreciate your incessant badmouthing of me." - Zwet
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by Spolium »

Oh, okay. Well, what are your thoughts on THIS POST? An odd example, I know, but it gets the point across.
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by dejkha »

My thoughts on that post are that you didn't understand what I meant in the post that was a response to.

Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by Spolium »

Oh, I understand very well what you meant when you employed that colourful example. What I'd hoped to do was reiterate nonny's point from #63 (which she clarified in #66, and you subsequently dodged in #67) in the context of your own
butt sex
metaphor.
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:31 pm

Post by dejkha »

No, that post proved you didn't understand. Or at least didn't care to show that you did.

RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by RestFermata »

I meant to type, "I don't like buttsex."
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by Spolium »

Timmaaeh? (sorry mod, I forgot my PR for a few posts, I will make up for it I SWEAR) TIMMAGH TIMMAHG TIMMYYYY

Tim... tim timaraaagh TIMMY
No, that post proved you didn't understand. Or at least didn't care to show that you did.
Wow, so now I'm close-minded
and
an idiot? TIMMAH!

#57 - nonny - "
If you are of the opinion it's not the right thing to do then why suggest it
"

#59 - dejkha - "
Quote me on where I suggested it
"

#63 - nonny - "
bringing up the subject is suggesting it
"

#65 - dejkha - "
So you're saying if I randomly said, "I don't like butt sex" that means that I'm suggesting we all do it?
"

#66 - nonny - "
How is
[first and last lines from dejkha's NC post]
not suggesting it? Sure you phrase it as a question at first but by the end you say are saying what could it hurt since we have all already assumed what 1 person is. Yet you back track by saying that you aren't saying it's the right thing to do. Nothing you say is solid so that if you are voted or attacked for it, you can say "nah ah cause i put this tiny disclaimer in there
"

#67 - dejkha - "
Why would I say anything solid about something when I'm unsure of it? No really, I'd like to know.
"

TIMMAAAH! Do you see what happened there? As clarified by nonny in #66, she was basically trying to say that the manner in which you worded post #38 was tantamount to suggesting a nameclaim, mainly because you start and finish with references to a "lack of harm" in doing so.

Do you see what else happened? When nonny better articulated her concerns in #66, you dodged the point by changing the subject.

Oh, and RestFermata made more or less the same point as nonny in post #61, more clearly than nonny:
Rest wrote:
dej wrote:Did everyone purposely ignore that part of my post or is it just a coincidence that everyone missed it?
Actually, that makes it worse, because you're playing to both sides of the debate before the debate even starts. Looks like you're trying to leave it open for interpretation, which is pretty scummy because then you don't have to take responsibility for anything.
She voted you in the same post. Did you repond to this suspicion, which had now been highlighted by at least two players? Of course not! You are, after all, neglecting to acknowledge this particular argument against you for reasons which currently elude me.

Timmy timmeh timmeh timmeh

Tell me, dej - and please be as honest as possible - when you read #71, do you get the impression that the writer holds a completely neutral stance on butt sex? Would your opinion of them change if they vehemently denied even being interested in the idea once everyone else rejected the idea?

TIMAAAAAHRGH

Timmeh.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:01 pm

Post by RestFermata »

What if they put it like this:

"Would there be any harm in having butt sex? As far as I know, the effects of buttsex aren't known yet, possibly except for obvious ones like soreness. Not that I'm suggesting buttsex is the right thing to do, but with that guy over there basically implying that he is regularly engaging in buttsex, it doesn't seem like it's a big deal..."
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by dejkha »

Spolium wrote:Wow, so now I'm close-minded
and
an idiot? TIMMAH!
If you say so.
Spolium wrote:Tell me, dej - and please be as honest as possible - when you read #71, do you get the impression that the writer holds a completely neutral stance on butt sex? Would your opinion of them change if they vehemently denied even being interested in the idea once everyone else rejected the idea?
No, it doesn't seem very neutral, but when I used the butt sex example, I didn't put it in that same situation. I merely said if I said out of nowhere "I don't like butt sex", which apparently means, to everyone else, that I support it. Besides, the question doesn't have a right answer. If I say yes, nothing changes and if I say no, then everyone will be questioning me further on the subject and why I don't understand how what I said is the same thing.

dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by dejkha »

God, I can't believe we're talking about butt sex XD

And, yes I know I brought it up.

Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:06 pm

Post by Spolium »

A-hem. Timmeh, timmah, tammahhhr.

Following a re-read of the thread so far, I present to Mini 757:

GREATER UNIFIED CASE ON DEJKHA, by TIMMAAAH! (and the contributors of the underworld)

dejkha (38) wrote:Would there be any harm in saying which character you are? As far as I know, the effects of each aren't known yet, possibly except for obvious ones like Officer Barbrady or maybe Satan if they're in it. Not that I'm suggesting claiming your character is the right thing to do, but with Spolium repeatedly giving a Timmy reference, it doesn't seem like it's a big deal...
In this post, dejkha:

- implied a lack of harm in a NC
("
Would there be any harm in saying which character you are?
")
("
it doesn't seem like it's a big deal...
")

- fronted my PR as an indication that NCing is not a big deal
("
with Spolium repeatedly giving a Timmy reference, it doesn't seem like it's a big deal...
")

- pre-emptively absolved himself of responsibility with a handy dissociative disclaimer
("
Not that I'm suggesting claiming your character is the right thing to do
")

Timmeh? When I questioned dejkha about this, his response was to vote me:
dejkha (54) wrote:Spolium, you hopped on an opportunity to vote very quickly and on something quite minor and I love your reasoning as to why. That reasoning being... "I was all like TIMMEH"
Of course, I had already provided my reasoning, in #45. When I clarified what was mistaken for my reasoning above, the response was:
dejkha (62) wrote:Maybe I should rephrase what I said. Rather than you voting on something minor, it was... silly, I suppose. I wasn't justifying my reason with yours, only supporting it.
Ter... eh... Timmeh?

This is generally confusing. So it's not minor, but just silly? Does silly vote = scummy vote? At this point dejkha didn't elaborate on why he was retaining his vote, which was apparently serious.

Meanwhile, his back-and-forth with nonny was painful to read since the first point of nonny's to which he took exception (bearing in mind the point was clarified by nonny in #66, having been obtusely challenged by dej beforehand) was subsequently dodged deftly enough that I didn't catch it until I was paying closer attention to the exchange.

Trrrrghm-Timmah. Once pressed about his actual stance on nameclaiming by at least two people, dej responded:
dejkha (67) wrote:I answered that already in a response to Rest's post, but apparently it didn't go through, as far as I can tell. People answered my question on the matter, so I'm against it.
This boils down to two vital, bullshit elements:

1 - "Oh, I answered the question already but APPARENTLY it didn't go through, AS FAR AS I CAN TELL."
2 - "My question was answered, so I'm against it"

1 is a prime example of dej's wishy-washy play. "Apparently"? "As far as [dejkha] can tell"? Is there some way to check whether a post went through, other than hitting the refresh key? Why the forced implication of uncertainty? The post either went through, or it didn't.

2 is just... I don't know what to say. Is dej saying that he is against a NC because that's what everyone else said? Dej has not even given the slightest hint of an opinion regarding this, and has tried to palm off requests for his opinion on the basis that he "doesn't have one". Am I to understand that someone who has over 400 posts on this site is not familiar enough with the game to even consider the
possible
pros and cons of NC, or to check the wiki/theory discussion archive? It just seems unfeasible.

Anyway... Timmah... with a grand total of four votes (L-3) - TIMMAH! - dejkha then had this to say:
dejkha (70) wrote:I'll be honest, I'm getting tired of arguing this, so if people want me lynch for this, then I'll just go ahead and claim now to get everyone of my back sooner, so we can concentrate on something that will get us somewhere.

And depending on if everyone else seems to be as close minded as nonny, I may or may not change my vote to her.
- Why so willing to provide a claim? Smacks of scum with a safeclaim.
- Attempt to undermine the case (let's concentrate on something useful guys, srsly)
- Accuses nonny of being close-minded, having missed her point even when it was spelled out for him
- "May or may not" change vote to nonny based on open-mindedness of other players

The first three ring scummy, the last one gets +50 WTF points and sports the kind of flagrant wishy-washiness that makes me want to rip my eyes out. Since when should [player a]'s state of mind affect [player b]'s decision about the alignment of [player c]? What about "may or may not" - hasn't dej decided whether this bizarre voting policy is worth doing at all prior to even hinting that he would employ it?

Timmeh timmeh timmarajag.

Questions aside for the moment, I employed dej's
butt sex
example to further clarify a point which dej had not yet addressed (as highlighted by nonny and RestFermata already - SEE HERE for more). Dej's response?
dejkha (72) wrote:Is that a yes to my claim? Or is there someone with an ounce of open mindedness in them. If there's anyone like that, I would expect it to be caf, so I'll wait to see what he thinks.
"
Is that a yes to my claim?
" - somewhat ironic, considering dej's derisive "you didn't understand my butt sex point" which was to come later.

Appears to think that almost everyone is close-minded now. Apparently his only hope is Obi-Wan Cafnobi, who would subsequently give him the middle finger (seriously Caf be wary, given what we know of dej's predilection for butt sex - mmmTIMMEH).

Anyhow, I requested that dej do some scumhunting instead of bitching about everyone not being open-minded, and got this eye-opener:
dejkha (74) wrote:Oh I am scumhunting. And you and nonny really seem to pushing this, so you can bet I suspect you both. You more than her BTW and for more reasons than one. Buuuuut, none of which I'll say now.
So dej isn't just bitching, he is scumhunting, but it is
SECRET SCUMHUNTING
. This is clearly the best kind of scumhunting because dej doesn't have to tell anyone anything about who he thinks the scum are, and this isn't at all a great way for scum to avoid providing useful content so let's not think anything more of it, eh?

We do get one teasing hint of his masterly sleuthing though - we can sure bet that he suspects the people who suspect him! I thought it would be helpful to find out more about how I "really seemed to be pushing" the case on him, so I asked. When asked whether he would answer my question (having not acknowleged it at all) dej said:
dejkha (83) wrote:No. Not yet. I don't know when either, so don't ask.
TIMMMAAAAH! This is pretty much the icing on the cake for me. Let's just dwell on that for a moment.

"
I will not answer your question... yet. I don't know when, so don't ask when
"

If I was "really pushing", shouldn't it just be a case of highlighting a few comments, or posts? Why would waiting any length of time change what I've already said, and that which you've identified as part of some really pushy agenda against you?

You know what? Here is my present to you, dejkha. I am
really
pushing for a vote on you, because I am all but certain that you are as scummy as pond scum which has just been appointed Professor of Scummery at Oxford University, and am of the firm belief that you should be lynched accordingly.

Timmy Timmy Timmeh Timajarooooonargh TIM
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:34 pm

Post by Spolium »

AND ALSO:
dejkha wrote:
Spolium wrote:Tell me, dej - and please be as honest as possible - when you read #71, do you get the impression that the writer holds a completely neutral stance on butt sex? Would your opinion of them change if they vehemently denied even being interested in the idea once everyone else rejected the idea?
No, it doesn't seem very neutral, but when I used the butt sex example, I didn't put it in that same situation.
NAAARGH TIMMAAARGH - I KNOW YOU DIDN'T PUT IT IN THAT SAME SITUATION

I am presenting your own idea to you
in the context of nonny/RestFermata's arguments
in the hopes that you better understand (or, at the very least, acknowledge) them.
dej wrote:I merely said if I said out of nowhere "I don't like butt sex", which apparently means, to everyone else, that I support it.
Timmeh, heh heh. I know what you "merely said", but you don't appear to grasp the point that "everyone else" is making... or, more likely, you are refusing to concede because at this point so much as a confession of truth-bending will bring down the whole house of cards.
dej wrote:Besides, the question doesn't have a right answer.
Neither do most subjective questions. However, you have essentially agreed with everyone who took post #38 to be a passive endorsement/suggestion of a NC so I don't see that it matters.

Frankly, your reluctance to entertain the implications of your answer is most telling.

jibbarodbaooo TIMMAH TIMMAH TIMMAAAAH
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Seriously, can we drop the buttsex metaphor already? It's getting kind of old. Also, for those who missed the announcement of a PR on my part, then you should go and figure it out, mkay?
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:32 pm

Post by nonny »

First, buttsex metaphor is funny cause this is a south park game, I assume the mod is happy with this use lol.
Second, from reading through what's happened since my last post it looks more like dej just really wants to claim, so that leads to believe he thinks he has a very innocent looking role or he could be a jester.
Third, so you don't want to vote me unless other poeple agree with you? That is blatant game of follow the leader where you don't want the attention dejka
Fourth, So since I point out the error in your logic and answer everything you ask me I'm close minded? Yet, you are open minded by hiding all your suspicions and not answering any direct questions given to you? Still wondering your opinion on name claiming.
Fifth, I reiterate that hiding your suspicions of players is in of it's self scummy. Why hide a suspicion at this point in the game? Also seems odd you would want to hide them while still trying to get the attention off of yourself.
Sixth, You said "I don't want to discuss this further"(paraphrase). Sorry, it doesn't work that way. You brought something up we discussed it and questions motives behind it. Until the town is done with the subject it is on the board. You can't just wipe it away because you are getting unwanted negative attention over it.
Seventh, this was just a skim will read more throughly in the morning.
Eighth, ???
Ninth, Profit!

FoS dejka, will turn int oa vote if he keeps trying to snake out of questions
*insert bad joke here*
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:06 am

Post by Spolium »

nonny wrote:
Riceballtail wrote:Seriously, can we drop the buttsex metaphor already? It's getting kind of old.
buttsex metaphor is funny cause this is a south park game, I assume the mod is happy with this use lol.
^QFFT
Also, for those who missed the announcement of a PR on my part, then you should go and figure it out, mkay?
Oh hi Riceball! I'd forgotten you were playing for a moment, since...

...your first post was a confirm
...your second was a reference to my PR, and a random vote
...your third was a tutting over small text
...your fourth was a
VAGUE HINT
that you have a PR
...your fifth was a complaint about buttsex and a claim that you had "announced" your PR

1. Do you prefer active lurking to scumhunting?
2. WHY AREN'T YOU SCUMHUNTING?
3. What is your opinion on dejkha?
4. Who do you think is scummy right now? Why?
5. DO YOU HAVE A MR MACKEY PR (Y/N)?
Spolium
Spolium
Goon
Spolium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:08 am

Post by Spolium »

ffs

TIMMEH TIMMEH YAAAARGH BLABOOBIDWAAAH TIMMYYY
dejkha
dejkha
Mafia Scum
dejkha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:25 am

Post by dejkha »

nonny wrote:Still wondering your opinion on name claiming.
Well then, someone hasn't been reading.
nonny wrote:Until the town is done with the subject it is on the board. You can't just wipe it away because you are getting unwanted negative attention over it.
I'm not wiping it away. I think rather than being on a board, it's a on a piece of paper. I threw it away and you are all digging through the trash right now and I'm sitting on the bench waiting until you decide you're not gonna find it.

We've seen all we need to for a few people on the subject, so when I flip town, there'll be a nice amount to come back to. Besides, I'm not gonna waste my time explaining when you clearly don't want to hear it and won't see it any differently anyway.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”