ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 5:30 am

Post by ZazieR »

Zaz wrote:I have no troubles when someone points out that he's at L-1. I do have troubles when someone plays cautious by adding that scum could hammer, but that that would result into a town win. I've discussed this already in
previous
posts.
Previous post

My point is that there's nothing wrong with stating that you're at L-1. However, I see no reason whatsoever for posting this with it if you're a townie:
Crazy wrote:Scum can go ahead and hammer me, btw. :) Especially in a setup where the town wins if they find just one scum.

VOTE COUNT

(3) orangepenguin - Crazy, Plum, ZazieR

(1) Chief - kirroha
(1) Plum - orangepenguin

Not Voting - Chief

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 5:32 am

Post by ZazieR »

Chief

You've got nothing to say regarding my response to post 69?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 6:41 am

Post by Crazy »

Yes, I got that much. But I gave you a reason:
Crazy wrote: If your issue is that I'm alerting the town not to hammer me, well then, that's easy to see from a town point of view, right? Assuming I'm town, and stupid townie hammers me on Page 3, then they'd be lynched tomorrow and scum would win.

So what is really making me scummy, here?
Of course I don't want town to hammer me on Page 3! Whether I'm town or scum, either way it would lead to a loss!
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 6:49 am

Post by ZazieR »

Uhm, you weren't thinking about a townie hammering when you wrote this:
Crazy wrote:Scum can go ahead and hammer me, btw. :) Especially in a setup where the town wins if they find just one scum.
LAL?
Unvote Vote Crazy
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 6:50 am

Post by ZazieR »

Also, when will you state your reasons for thinking that OP is suspicious, and what about stating your other suspicions with reasons?
Ignore the ''R''
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 7:10 am

Post by Crazy »

Zazie wrote:Also, when will you state your reasons for thinking that OP is suspicious, and what about stating your other suspicions with reasons?
Lurky. Not much content. That's pretty obvious. I was also suspicious of you and kirroha, because I think your guys' case on me isn't founded on solid ground. I'm pretty null on Chief and Plum seems pro-town.
Zazie wrote:Uhm, you weren't thinking about a townie hammering when you wrote this:
Did you even read my post? I asked if your issue was if I was trying to get
town
not to hammer me or
scum
not to hammer me. I defended myself from both arguments.

So I take it that means your case is that I was trying to get
scum
not to hammer me, right? If that's not what it was, then tell me, just so I know what to defend from.

I'm assuming the former now, that you think I was trying to get
scum
not to hammer me. Well, if I'm scum, why do I have to worry about scum hammering me? Why do I need to convince my scum partner not to hammer me?! It makes no sense!

Your move, Zazie. I think I can win this duel.

Unvote
Vote ZazieR
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 8:31 am

Post by orangepenguin »

unvote, Vote: Crazy

Lynch all liars.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by Crazy »

orangepenguin wrote:

Lynch all liars.
Where did I lie? If you're talking about ZazieR's accusation, reread please. I wasn't sure what her case was so I covered both possibilities.

If you're talking about the stupid "I've never been in a Lovers game before," I meant this particular setup, not any game with Lovers in it.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by Plum »

ZazieR wrote:Well, actually, the Sens-way has resulted in discussion. The only discussion it hasn't taken care of is your vote against OP and the posts responding to it. But tell me, is 'lurking' a concrete reason for suspicions and/or votes?
And if you want to use your plan day 1, then why haven't you said who you think OP's partner is?
As for the above methods of random lynching, 1 is bad, 2 is good.
My vote against OP was partially a prod/pressure vote, because he'd said stuff but not yet weighed in on the more serious part of the evolving discussion - your L-1 vote on Crazy and the reactions thereto, and in fact, had not really said too much outside an RVS argument with Crazy.

Why is lurking a scumtell? Basically, because (in my humble opinion) the optimal town strategy is to pull as much information as we can out of everyone. Consistent contribution is the best way to achieve that; we need to make everyone participate in discussion lest scum lurk so they don't have to risk drawing attention to themselves or their partners and don't leave a trail to read when we go looking for probably scumpairs etc. Lurkers provide only the information that they're not around and doing something extremely anti-town.
ZazieR wrote:But first, a wagon have to get started against a scum, before the other scum can disagree. With the Sens-way, this is more likely to happen. And I'm not going to explain it any further as it would only ruin the information we can get from it.
Also, if you got the impression that I was saying that discussion day 1 is bad, I was not. I'm saying that the discussion in my previous game, that was based upon scumhunting day 1, lead to the loss of the town.
Well, I'm glad to know that you think discussion Day 1 isn't bad. From the way I'm reading it, your approach to the Sens-method (which doesn't, if I recall, advocate any discussion Day 1, just fast random bandwagoning and lynching) is to attempt to take multiple new directions Day 1 and be willing to see any wagon that got close enough to the lynch. I don't personally think that such is quite optimal; I sort of think it might be prone to the downsides of two more extreme plans (not as much discussion to lean on Day 2, assuming we need it, as we might have, but enough discussion that scum could manipulate the wagons to their benefit) but am not entirely sure that such would be the case. I agree with pressure being put in multiple directions Day 1, and I also agree that discussion isn't bad - it's by far our best tool in this game.
ZazieR wrote:
Crazy

Though I too think that having no discussion is ridiculous,
a random die roll cannot be influenced by scum
, but a random wagon can be.
Well, actually, it can.
Really? How?

I'm actually planning on doing a pairings probability analysis in this post and then popcorning to someone. We've obviously come to the point where everyone should have formed some more concrete thoughts and suspicions.

The new Crazy/Zazie arguments, which I'll address first; I'm tired and my brain feels a little fried, so I'll lay this out for myself as clearly as possible, and you can all watch the cogs in my head turning.

Crazy reacted to Zazie's L-1 vote by, to paraphrase him, daring the scum to hammer him. Zazie's argument was that Crazy's reaction, basically dissuading a rash hammer on himself, was scummy because

a) No townie would want to actively dissuade scum from giving themselves away like that in this setup

however

b) It would dissuade townies from hammering in the case that he was town, which scum would actively want

And here b), as I belive Crazy later argues, is null because neither a Townie nor a scumbag would want to have been quickhammered by a townie at that point. The motivation there is absolutely null. Crazy also explains that his point in making clear that he was at L-1 and the consequences of any quick vote on him were clear, especially to townies, and says he didn't believe scum would rashly hammer him at that point. I agree on both counts; the points made by Crazy here are fair and not scummy - null mostly.
Crazy wrote:And I don't particularly think I was cautious... unless you mean about making a note that I was at L-1... but there I was afraid that someone would accidentally hammer me, not conciously hammer me.
Here we got some confirmation of that line-o-thought.

Zazie is still bothered by the fact that Crazy emphasized the consequences of a quickhammer at that point (by inviting the scum to hammer him and so get lynched Day 2).
Crazy wrote:I still don't get how that makes me scum... it seems your issue is that I'm town and I'm alerting the scum not to hammer me. I'll admit that could be perceived as anti-town (though I don't think it's a big deal), but how it makes me scum I have no idea. If your issue is that I'm alerting the
scum
not to hammer me, then that implies that I'm town, doesn't it?

If your issue is that I'm alerting the
town
not to hammer me, well then, that's easy to see from a town point of view, right? Assuming I'm town, and stupid townie hammers me on Page 3, then they'd be lynched tomorrow and scum would win.

So what is really making me scummy, here?
Basically I'm inclined to agree with Crazy that I don't see more than null motivation to make that statement, and the basic flow of his explanations and such gives me a slight town gut. From Zazie's point-of-view, with the semi-Sens-method she's espousing, it's possible she's seeing it differently and I disagree.
However
she posted this after the post I noted above:
ZazieR wrote:Uhm, you weren't thinking about a townie hammering when you wrote this:
LAL?
Unvote Vote Crazy
Crazy outlined and addressed two possible concerns of Zazie's with his statement: that he was dissuading townies from quickhammering and that he was dissuading/warning scum against quickhammering him. Both had reasonable town motivations as he explained. Then, after Zazie reiterates her concerns and Crazy quotes his point about dissuading Townies from quickhammering him, Zazie brings back the original post, says that he was obviously not talking about a townie hammering him, and votes him for 'lying'. There is no lying here; Crazy was unsure of your concerns and addressed two possibilities. He requotes one and you say that such
wasn't
the concern you were seeing and he must be lying because that wasn't what he had been talking about? He was not lying and frankly you stating that in such stark terms looks false.

Forgive me if I'm rambling only semi-coherently here, but this looks like junk and scummy. It's weird, too, that OP votes Crazy with nothing but that when it's not true.

Unvote; Vote: ZazieR

I unfortunately am being called to bed; this post took a while. Pairing probability suspicions coming tomorrow ASAP; for now, content yourselves with a list of individual players:

Suspects

Zazie OP
Chief
kirroha Crazy
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 12:24 pm

Post by Tenchi »

VOTE COUNT

(2) Crazy - ZazieR, orangepenguin

(2) ZazieR - Crazy, Plum
(1) Chief - kirroha

Not Voting - Chief

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch

Less than one week to go...

Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by Crazy »

So Plum joined my side, good. Logic shall prevail.

I'm thinking either Zazie and kirroha or Zazie or OP as the scum team.

I'll duel with anyone that wants it. :P Zazie, OP, etc.
kirroha
kirroha
Mafia Scum
kirroha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by kirroha »

Plum wrote:Why is lurking a scumtell? Basically, because (in my humble opinion) the optimal town strategy is to pull as much information as we can out of everyone. Consistent contribution is the best way to achieve that; we need to make everyone participate in discussion lest scum lurk so they don't have to risk drawing attention to themselves or their partners and don't leave a trail to read when we go looking for probably scumpairs etc. Lurkers provide only the information that they're not around and doing something extremely anti-town.
Lurking isn't a scumtell - just extremely annoying.
Suspects
Zazie OP
Chief
kirroha Crazy
Uh... isn't that just everyone other than you? XD

Don't have much time to read now - I'll check back laters.
with a chainsaw.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by Crazy »

kirroha wrote:Uh... isn't that just everyone other than you? XD
I assumed it was in order with the scummy at the top.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 11:13 am

Post by Tenchi »

Chief has been prodded

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 3:42 pm

Post by Crazy »

I've said pretty much all I can at the current moment, unless if anybody has questions for me.

Anybody else have anything to say?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by Plum »

Crazy wrote:
kirroha wrote:Uh... isn't that just everyone other than you? XD

I assumed it was in order with the scummy at the top.

Yeah. Read what I said as "Scummiest on his/her own merit, not taking into account various likelyhoods of specific pairings is Zazie closely followed by OP, followed by Chief who's followed by kirroha, with Crazy just behind her, in order from scummiest to least scummy in my eyes at this time. Zazie looks like she's intentionally trying to misrepresent Crazy in the hopes of a mislynch.
kirroha wrote:Lurking isn't a scumtell - just extremely annoying.

I already explained why I think lurking would be a very viable scum tactic in this game; and the only scum win of this setup involved scum who, intentionally or not, posted very little in the game. In any case, apparently we have a deadline less than a week away, making it more anti-town to lurk.

This list is in order for scmmiest to least scummy in terms of probability of the team.

Zazie/kirroha: Active agreement + Zazie is my top suspect for strong reasons.
Zazie/OP: Only a bit of a gambit, especially after all the discussion about how premature hammering on a not fully explained and discussed wagon would be viewed by many to be extremely scummy. Bit gutsy but possible, in my opinion, especially with the ne junk atack on Crazy in tandem.
Zazie/Chief: Chief's FOS on Zazie might be an attempt at the limited bussing (by which I mean actually
arguing that the scumlover has done something legitimately scummy
) possible in this setup. Chief I have a read of neutral newbie on right now, but Zazie is extremely scummy.
OP/kirroha: Some interaction where kirroha seems to push OP to scumhunt, not give up and say 'go ahead and lynch me'. Coaching shouldn't be necessary as an explanation, because the scum have a QT.
OP/Chief: Bit of what seems to be a minor by Chief on OP.
Crazy/Chief: Don't think Crazy is scum. Interesting thing here is Chief's unvote at L-1, which is possible as a scum's really freaked-out reaction to her partner being at L-1 on page 2, but see my first sentence.
kirroha/Chief: Would be a funny coincidence. Anyway, I see kirroha not really attack Chief - mostly tease her and guide her and question her a bit. Niether of them are very scummy on their own merit.
kirroha/Crazy: No response to Crazy at L-1, not what I'd expect out of scumlover.
OP/Crazy: Bussing on junk attack like that? Think not.
Zazie/Crazy: Too many crazed gambits necessary for this one to make any sense at all.

We're coming up on a deadline. I'd like to see somehing like this out of everyone, ideally. If not, we need some posting going on. I was busy and regret not getting this up
spooner
(sorry, thought that was an amusing typo); sorry all.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 6:07 am

Post by ZazieR »

Zaz wrote:Will post tomorrow, I can't focus right now...
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2009 8:06 am

Post by Crazy »

Wow, more from Plum. :P

Anyway, I agree with her almost completely; I just hope she's not buddying up to me for some reason.

It's no secret that I want to lynch Zazie. If she's not scum, then I'll admit I don't really know where I'm going. OP is incredibly scummy, but he's playing similar to his normal play anyway (from what I've seen from it, anyway.)

Plum seems unquestionably pro-town, and I really want to hear how OP gets a scum vibe from her.

Kirroha is agreeing with Zazie a lot... if Zazie's town I have no idea what that means.

Chief doesn't have any particularly strong scum-bonds with any of the other players, but I'd like to hear more from her/Kmd (if she's replaced) in the future.

All this assuming Zazie is town. If Zazie is scum, then we don't have to worry. And I'm about 90% sure she's scum, anyway.
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by Tenchi »

As of this post Chief has been replaced by
kmd4390

Thanks kmd4390!

Some deadline notes:

1. Deadline has been extended 48 hours due to the tight replacement.
2. If activity picks up, I will extend the deadline as mentioned in the rules.

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 3:49 pm

Post by Crazy »

I'm currently the deadline lynch, guys. If you don't think I should be lynched, do something...
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 5:50 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ok, I see deadline a few hours away. I need to read these 5 pages tomorrow. Shouldn't take too long.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Post by Crazy »

Kmd4390 wrote:Ok, I see deadline a few hours away. I need to read these 5 pages tomorrow. Shouldn't take too long.
The deadline is in a few days, not a few hours, but okay.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Crazy wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:Ok, I see deadline a few hours away. I need to read these 5 pages tomorrow. Shouldn't take too long.
The deadline is in a few days, not a few hours, but okay.
I meant a few "days".

Sorry, I'm tired.

Exact reason why I need to stop posting on MS for the night and go to bed.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 12:07 am

Post by ZazieR »

Will be leaving soon (conecrt). Sorry for my inactivity lately. Things have happened...
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 5:06 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ok, time to make my 5000th game post on MS. Looks like it's a catchup post.

------------------

Plum's idea. Sure. Can't hurt.

-------------------

Crazy's "lie"- OP is jumping at nothing. Possibly just trying to start discussion.

-------------------------
kirroha wrote: How typical of you, Chief...

Anyway, why bother saying that you're Joining in the stupidity, and it's nearly midnight? It should be pretty obvious you're just kidding, and trying to explain so just seems as though you're afraid of suspicion... *narrows eyes*
Why didn't you jump on OP for doing the same thing just before Chief?
ZazieR wrote:Where's Plum actually :(

Also, when the hope's lost, we'll follow the Sens-way:
Vote Crazy
L-1. Zaz wouldn't do this as scum.
ZazieR wrote: Exactly. And that's why it's suspicious. If you believe that the scum would hammer you, why would you post:
'Scum hammer me, so that the town can lynch you towmorrow :)'

It makes no sense for any townie to say that.

Also, by posting this, it makes every player scared of hammering you in case you're town, because it would make that player suspicious as it's now assumed that scum will hammer.

These two reasons make your post suspicious.
Good point. If he is scum, a hammer would have ended the game. With townies scared to hammer, he makes his game last a little longer.

If he is town, it's still a bad post because we won't catch scum that way now.
orangepenguin wrote:
unvote, vote: Plum
-- OMGUS retaliation post!
Um. RVS was over.
kirroha wrote:Our game is quite inactive. I presume that RVS is not quite over yet?
Um. I thought it was. A player was placed at L-1 and there was discussion about that.
Crazy wrote: I didn't say that scum would hammer me! Pretty much I was daring them to, because I knew they wouldn't.
This along with your explanation that it probably wouldn't happen is a fair defense.
ZazieR wrote:Image

Look, Pengy is already carrying the hammer, while those who are voting him are bringing him to his end. This is a hint! Pengy wants to be hammered ;)
I lol'd.
kirroha wrote:No, OP - It's way too early in the game for us to jump to conclusions. We have to be careful about who is scum and who isn't. If OP really is our prime suspect,
we must find possible lovers for him/her. If there aren't any possible lovers, then it isn't very possible for OP to be scum
. It's only Page 4, and we only have 2 lynches. We have to be careful.
^Possible lover found.
Crazy wrote: Your move, Zazie. I think I can win this duel.

Unvote
Vote ZazieR
OMGUS much?
orangepenguin wrote:

Lynch all liars.
Quick to vote Crazy again much?
Plum wrote:
Suspects

Zazie OP
Chief
kirroha Crazy
Crazy wrote: I'm thinking either Zazie and kirroha or Zazie or OP as the scum team.
Noting these to help my thought process later.

---------------------

So. I think Zaz is town. The case on her is basically that she attacked Crazy which is bull.

I think Plum is town. She's seemed pretty protown.

I'm back and forth on Crazy. He's pushing a terrible case and his reaction to L-1 wasn't exactly townie, but he seems to be trying to think logically.

Kirroha and OP are pretty UTR and scummy.

If Zaz is scum, I think Crazy and Plum are both town. She placed Crazy and OP at L-1. That means her buddy could be Kirroha and only Kirroha.

If OP if scum, I don't think Crazy is his partner and I don't think Plum is his partner. Zaz placed him at L-1. That leaves Kirroha.

If Kirroha is scum, anyone could pretty much be her partner.

If Plum is scum, Zaz and OP are probably town. And I don't see her following her buddy like she followed crazy. That means Kirroha is her only likely buddy.

If Crazy is scum, OP is probably town and Zaz is probably town. Plum is probably town too because of the following his vote thing. That leaves Kirroha.

So, more reader friendly. Format is Player X=Likely buddies:

Zaz= Kirroha
OP=Kirroha
Kirroha=OP, Zaz, Crazy, Plum
Plum=Kirroha
Crazy=Kirroha

When I look at connections, Kirroha is left as very likely scum. If she is town, I need to seriously rethink this game.

There are possibilities, but this is obviously the most likely scum based on actions so far.

Vote Kirroha

And just for fun, I'll guess her partner is OP.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”