ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:52 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Crazy (post 60)

Scum, for sure. Since when is hammering someone on Page 3 not obvscum?
Well, newbie games have disproven this statement ;)
But anyway, both you and Chief agreed with this, so I don't see why both of you were so cautious.
I often see people get paranoid when people are at L-1 for no particular reason. I don't have any problem with Chief's reaction.
She knows we only have to lynch one scum. She was afraid that scum would hammer you. If scum would hammer you, we could lynch the scum tomorrow and we would win. And comparing her reaction to those I've seen from players after Sens had put someone at L-1, it seems she did not get paranoid.
We have only 2 lynches this game. If we lynch town, we severely cut down our chances of winning. No amount of kickstarting discussion can really justify that.
I disagree. Scum loses when one scum gets lynched. When a random lynch is started on scum, the other will disagree and try to get somebody else lynched. So a random lynch gives information as we can disclose some pairings. Use Plum's plan day 2, and we'll have lots of possible pairings eliminated.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:57 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Plum (post 61)

At this point, hammering isn't a good idea, and if people are scared of hammering at this stage, well, good. As Crazy said, a hammer vote is scummy at this point in the game - at later stages, once we've had substantial discussion of suspicion, a well-reasoned hammer vote is not scummy.
In my game, the discussion of day 1, lead to the loss of the town. The rest of why I disagree with this, can be found in my post aimed at Crazy.
Where the heck is OP?

Unvote; Vote: orangepenguin
Lurker vote? Why?
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:25 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Chief (post 69)

Yeah, I did get kinda paranoid when Crazy was at L-1, because we don't really have proof against him, do we?
Open 102 and Open 109(a) show 'paranoid' reactions. ^^This, to me, is not paranoid.
It was pretty obvious that the scum would hammer him, but it was sort of a WIFOM, and a risk to take, none the less.
Um, no. Every non-Crazy voter had posted after my vote.
Besides, if it's that obvious to you that scum would hammer, then why would it be WIFOM?
I was afraid we risk getting an innocent townie lynched and since the fact that scum would probably be the one who hammers Crazy, it sort of posed a WIFOM for us, so we won't be very sure that the one who hammered is scum.
First of all, what is it? Is it
obvious
that the scum would hammer, or
probably
?
Secondly, why would a townie hammer after Crazy's comment of being put at L-1? Heck, why would anyone hammer him after that?
And last, why would either Plum or kirroha change their vote after having shown no interest of voting Crazy after my vote?
ZazieR, you seem a little eager to vote crazy off. You're questioning my decision to unvote, and I feel you're trying to threaten me into voting for Crazy again. This seems a little suspicious, because we don't have concrete evidence, like Kirroha said, we're still sort of in the RVS...

FoS: ZazieR
Of course I'm questioning your unvote. Why shouldn't I?
Can you also state why you get the impression I'm threatening you into voting Crazy?
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:33 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Crazy (post 72)

True, you didn't say that scum would hammer you. However, you did make it sound that the scum would be more likely to hammer you than a townie. Which would mean that nobody wants to hammer you now. At a point like this, this is very useful for scum to say. So I agree with post 71. Well, the first part. Not sure about the second part.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:35 pm

Post by ZazieR »

OP's last post is definitly not useful...
Just posting something that was first discussed, but isn't useful now as nobody is at L-1. Scum staying in the background?

Also, OP, why did you assume that lover team?
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:37 pm

Post by ZazieR »

This game is moving way too slowly.
Whack the Penguin!
Unvote Vote orangepenguin
kirroha
kirroha
Mafia Scum
kirroha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 1:58 am

Post by kirroha »

But penguins are cuuuuuuuuuuuuutttteeeee... D:

Orange, however, isn't. :roll:
with a chainsaw.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 2:02 am

Post by ZazieR »

Look, Pengy is already carrying the hammer, while those who are voting him are bringing him to his end. This is a hint! Pengy wants to be hammered ;)
kirroha
kirroha
Mafia Scum
kirroha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 2:31 am

Post by kirroha »

That picture totally made my day. XD

HAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~ <3 SO CUUUTEEEE!!! I WANNA TAKE IT HOOOOOMEEEE!!!!

And I just realised Pengy was at L-1... O:
with a chainsaw.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 3:35 am

Post by Crazy »

kirroha wrote:But that also makes others worried about hammering you, so you won't get hammered. Still, I doubt if anyone is stupid enough to hammer at page 3.

This game is moving way too slowly.
Well... it might make them worry about hammering me on
Page 3!
Hammering someone with evidence isn't bad, but on Page 3, yes, it is.
ZazieR wrote:Well, newbie games have disproven this statement
But anyway, both you and Chief agreed with this, so I don't see why both of you were so cautious.
Well, this isn't a newbie game.

And I don't particularly think I was cautious... unless you mean about making a note that I was at L-1... but there I was afraid that someone would accidentally hammer me, not conciously hammer me.
ZazieR wrote:I disagree. Scum loses when one scum gets lynched. When a random lynch is started on scum, the other will disagree and try to get somebody else lynched. So a random lynch gives information as we can disclose some pairings. Use Plum's plan day 2, and we'll have lots of possible pairings eliminated.
So you're saying that you'd approve of a random lynch right now? Really?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 8:33 am

Post by Plum »

Hey all.
orangepenguin wrote:
unvote, vote: Plum
-- OMGUS retaliation post!
That wasn't a very substantial response to my proddy vote, I must say. I wasn't just looking for you to show your face, I was looking for you to show your face and, you know, contribute. Comment on what had been going on. Instead your response was along the lines of an RVS vote, and, if I may say so, there were more compelling cases to be made for votes or at least real contribution besides a post consisting entirely of a jokingly-OMGUS vote on me. I'm keeping an eye on you here.
ZazieR wrote:I disagree. Scum loses when one scum gets lynched. When a random lynch is started on scum, the other will disagree and try to get somebody else lynched. So a random lynch gives information as we can disclose some pairings. Use Plum's plan day 2, and we'll have lots of possible pairings eliminated.
My point is that without solid discussion today a random lynch is nowhere near optimal play. The more productive our discussions Day 1 are, the more we make people take stances and defend those stances and argue suspicions and vote their suspects today, the better a time we'll have pinpointing the scum Day 2, assuming we need a Day 2 (I might be wrong, but I seem to recall no Lovers setup got scum lynched Day 1. I game for trying it, though :)). I want to use the plan I suggested Day 1.

By the way, there are two sorts of random you may speak of in this game:

1) Everyone agrees that a dice roll will be made and everyone else will vote that player to be lynched.

or

2) Someone is content to push any bandwagon that gets a few votes to L-1 or to a lynch.

The dice roll is not optimal. 'Random' 2 is less problematic, but I believe that demanding more concrete reasons for suspicions and votes is the way to go.
ZazieR wrote:
Plum (post 61)

At this point, hammering isn't a good idea, and if people are scared of hammering at this stage, well, good. As Crazy said, a hammer vote is scummy at this point in the game - at later stages, once we've had substantial discussion of suspicion, a well-reasoned hammer vote is not scummy.
In my game, the discussion of day 1, lead to the loss of the town. The rest of why I disagree with this, can be found in my post aimed at Crazy.
I'd again like to disagree with your belief that Day 1 discussion is not optimal. When
any
lynch is started on scum, the other will disagree - not just a random lynch; and continued scumhunting is the best way to sniff around for scum, increasing the chances that bandwagons will form on scum. Furthermore, a given random bandwagon-to-lynch Day 1 has a 2/6 chance of finding scum; it does not, however, do much to eliminate possible pairings if we get to Day 2, because all we would know, assuming minimal discussion, is that there were four players willing to lynch a Townie, and that does not eliminate any pairings.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 9:28 am

Post by Crazy »

Plum wrote:The dice roll is not optimal. 'Random' 2 is less problematic, but I believe that demanding more concrete reasons for suspicions and votes is the way to go.
Though I too think that having no discussion is ridiculous, a random die roll cannot be influenced by scum, but a random wagon can be.

If we need a random lynch, we need a
purely
random lynch. But of course we shouldn't need a random lynch at all.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I must say I am quite disturbed by this wagon on me.

I knew kirroha and Chief had some sort of connection though, but ..it wasn't the right one for this game. ugh..I thought I was onto something.

It's was page 3 when I last posted, and I contributed some info. I questioned whether kirroha and Chief could be lovers. Turns out, they know eachother IRL, so that weakens what I thought I saw. I also pointed out that Crazy LIED about never playing or reading a lovers game, but I didn't press the issue, because it really wasn't going anywhere.

60% of my posts have been relevant, IMO, out of 10 total posts, which is pretty good. I mean, I still thought it was the random stage, so really, the 4 OT posts aren't a big deal.

Go ahead and lynch me, but don't vote and lynch me and claim I haven't contributed at all.
kirroha
kirroha
Mafia Scum
kirroha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by kirroha »

No, OP - It's way too early in the game for us to jump to conclusions. We have to be careful about who is scum and who isn't. If OP really is our prime suspect, we must find possible lovers for him/her. If there aren't any possible lovers, then it isn't very possible for OP to be scum. It's only Page 4, and we only have 2 lynches. We have to be careful.
with a chainsaw.
kirroha
kirroha
Mafia Scum
kirroha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 2:22 pm

Post by kirroha »

And OP - I don't think you should say "go ahead and lynch me". If you really are town, you won't want others to lynch you, because that would be fatal for the town. I think you should help all of us to find the scum.
with a chainsaw.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by Crazy »

Who do you think is scum, OP? I was somewhat leaning towards you, but pretty much I'm suspicious of most people here.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2009 6:35 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

kirroha wrote:And OP - I don't think you should say "go ahead and lynch me". If you really are town, you won't want others to lynch you, because that would be fatal for the town. I think you should help all of us to find the scum.
...uh, I don't want people to lynch me, but if they are going to lynch me, I want them to do it under valid reasons and not misrepresentations.

Crazy, I kind of have a gut feeling that Plum is scum, but I have nothing substantial against him, or anyone else for that matter.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 1:03 am

Post by ZazieR »

Crazy
And I don't particularly think I was cautious... unless you mean about making a note that I was at L-1... but there I was afraid that someone would accidentally hammer me, not conciously hammer me.
I have no troubles when someone points out that he's at L-1. I do have troubles when someone plays cautious by adding that scum could hammer, but that that would result into a town win. I've discussed this already in previous posts.
So you're saying that you'd approve of a random lynch right now? Really?
I indeed think that a random lynch today is the way to go. I've already explained why. Wasn't this obvious enough?
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 1:26 am

Post by ZazieR »

Plum
My point is that without solid discussion today a random lynch is nowhere near optimal play. The more productive our discussions Day 1 are, the more we make people take stances and defend those stances and argue suspicions and vote their suspects today, the better a time we'll have pinpointing the scum Day 2, assuming we need a Day 2 (I might be wrong, but I seem to recall no Lovers setup got scum lynched Day 1. I game for trying it, though :)). I want to use the plan I suggested Day 1.

By the way, there are two sorts of random you may speak of in this game:

1) Everyone agrees that a dice roll will be made and everyone else will vote that player to be lynched.

or

2) Someone is content to push any bandwagon that gets a few votes to L-1 or to a lynch.

The dice roll is not optimal. 'Random' 2 is less problematic, but I believe that demanding more concrete reasons for suspicions and votes is the way to go.
Well, actually, the Sens-way has resulted in discussion. The only discussion it hasn't taken care of is your vote against OP and the posts responding to it. But tell me, is 'lurking' a concrete reason for suspicions and/or votes?
And if you want to use your plan day 1, then why haven't you said who you think OP's partner is?
As for the above methods of random lynching, 1 is bad, 2 is good.
I'd again like to disagree with your belief that Day 1 discussion is not optimal. When any lynch is started on scum, the other will disagree - not just a random lynch; and continued scumhunting is the best way to sniff around for scum, increasing the chances that bandwagons will form on scum. Furthermore, a given random bandwagon-to-lynch Day 1 has a 2/6 chance of finding scum; it does not, however, do much to eliminate possible pairings if we get to Day 2, because all we would know, assuming minimal discussion, is that there were four players willing to lynch a Townie, and that does not eliminate any pairings.
But first, a wagon have to get started against a scum, before the other scum can disagree. With the Sens-way, this is more likely to happen. And I'm not going to explain it any further as it would only ruin the information we can get from it.
Also, if you got the impression that I was saying that discussion day 1 is bad, I was not. I'm saying that the discussion in my previous game, that was based upon scumhunting day 1, lead to the loss of the town.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 1:30 am

Post by ZazieR »

Crazy

Though I too think that having no discussion is ridiculous,
a random die roll cannot be influenced by scum
, but a random wagon can be.
Well, actually, it can.
Who do you think is scum, OP? I was somewhat leaning towards you, but pretty much I'm suspicious of most people here.
ORLY? Then why haven't you stated any suspicions against OP? And who else do you think is suspicious (with reasons)?
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 1:43 am

Post by ZazieR »

Pengy
60% of my posts have been relevant, IMO, out of 10 total posts, which is pretty good. I mean, I still thought it was the random stage, so really, the 4 OT posts aren't a big deal.
Well, I don't agree. You switched your vote against Crazy (which you thought had a valid reason) for a vote against Plum due to her OMGUS (that's the impression I get from that post). And when you started to post after Plum's vote, you didn't bring anything new up. You even brought something up which wasn't useful anymore as nobody was at L-1 at that time.

Also, what triggered your gut feeling against Plum?
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 1:52 am

Post by ZazieR »

Kirroha

You won't take Pengy home, as Pengy will take you home with him to add you to his collection :twisted:

But anyway, what's your opinion of OP?
Chief
Chief
Townie
Chief
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 3:13 am

Post by Chief »

orangepenguin wrote:
kirroha wrote:And OP - I don't think you should say "go ahead and lynch me". If you really are town, you won't want others to lynch you, because that would be fatal for the town. I think you should help all of us to find the scum.
...uh, I don't want people to lynch me, but if they are going to lynch me, I want them to do it under valid reasons and not misrepresentations.
Why would you want that? If you're not scum, you wouldn't want to be lynched, obviously, because we just need a few to be wrongly lynched before we lose.

So are you telling us that there ARE valid reasons to lynch you?
"Maybe you're an assasin"
"Maybe, you can't really know, can you?"
Chief
Chief
Townie
Chief
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 3:14 am

Post by Chief »

ZazieR wrote: Image
This is awesome (: CUTE PICTURE
"Maybe you're an assasin"
"Maybe, you can't really know, can you?"
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat May 02, 2009 5:20 am

Post by Crazy »

ZazieR wrote:I have no troubles when someone points out that he's at L-1. I do have troubles when someone plays cautious by adding that scum could hammer, but that that would result into a town win. I've discussed this already in previous posts.
I still don't get how that makes me scum... it seems your issue is that I'm town and I'm alerting the scum not to hammer me. I'll admit that could be perceived as anti-town (though I don't think it's a big deal), but how it makes me scum I have no idea. If your issue is that I'm alerting the
scum
not to hammer me, then that implies that I'm town, doesn't it?

If your issue is that I'm alerting the
town
not to hammer me, well then, that's easy to see from a town point of view, right? Assuming I'm town, and stupid townie hammers me on Page 3, then they'd be lynched tomorrow and scum would win.

So what is really making me scummy, here?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”