malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 6:13 am

Post by malthusis »

Something is up with the Tracker + Watcher I think.
Might be good actually saying what you think is wrong....... :o

Top of the page vote count:

Tina has 1 vote (Richard)
Richard has 1 vote (Tina) (Beauty, eh?)
Nobody else is voting.
9 alive, eh, 5 to lynch.
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 6:14 am

Post by malthusis »

EBWOP:

Oh, I see...
You think that me and him are scum and had planned this in advance do you?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 7:17 am

Post by armlx »

Never mind, thought Bruce was dead. I was wondering if the watcher would see someone who was RB'ed.

It would be much easier if we actually correlated real names with the role names.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:06 am

Post by malthusis »

Never mind, thought Bruce was dead. I was wondering if the watcher would see someone who was RB'ed.

It would be much easier if we actually correlated real names with the role names.
I find it easier with role names, actually (Just tag your name on your sig if you get mixed up.) I'll do it if it helps you.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:48 am

Post by Y »

malthusis wrote:I find it easier with role names, actually (Just tag your name on your sig if you get mixed up.) I'll do it if it helps you.
It would. Thanks.
Richard the Stalker -
targeted Bruce the Martial Artist; no result (claims roleblocked)

Tom the Peeper -
targeted Bruce the Martial Artist; saw Richard visit Bruce
If Richard was blocked (And he was), How did Tom see him at Bruce's house? Something is off here.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:51 am

Post by Y »

EBWOP:
Unless
I
was blocked. Anyways, some one is lying.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 9:29 am

Post by imaginality »

I find it hard to believe a watcher would be able to see a roleblocked tracker visit his target, but I also don't see why Tom would lie about it - given that Tina had already confirmed she roleblocked Richard.

Equally I don't know why Richard would claim roleblocked if he wasn't. I mean I could see him claiming it to frame Tina but since Tina confirmed she roleblocked him...

Possibilities I see:

1. Watcher saw roleblocked tracker (not usually how it happens)

2. Richard lying about being roleblocked, to frame Tina who lied about blocking him (with both of them scum, trying to get one lynched to get the other cleared)

3. Tom lying about seeing Richard (to frame Richard and Tina?)

4. Me blocking Tina (which I didn't, but if I had, this would mean Richard is fake-claiming being roleblocked, suggesting Richard and I are scum framing Tina)

Any others?
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 10:40 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Final claim: nobody targeted me last night. [vicki]Come on, people, beautiful model here? Sure, the mirror is scary, but don't you want to come see me?[/vicki]

Give me a bit, I'm mulling the situation over.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
malthusis
malthusis
Mafia Scum
malthusis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by malthusis »

Well I'll ask the mod and see what he says
Mod: What would generally happen if a watcher watched a person who got targeted by a RB'ed tracker?

I have no idea what "generally" happens. This is my first mod of an RB role. The way I see it, if a person tries to target another, but then is interrupted, I see now reason why a tracker or a watcher wouldn't at least see the attempted target. It just makes logic to me.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 2:54 am

Post by Y »

If I got the mod right, Richard did get to his target's house, but was distracted by me, so he never got to follow the target. That fits all the claims.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 7:55 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Vote: Tina

Don't see a pro-town benefit in blocking a watcher/tracker. If they're pro-town we get useful results, if SK they'd still give us useful results, if they're scum we get WIFOM, but it's still useful information to have because no one is going to accept that information purely on face value and it's quite possible to catch people in lies with all the other roles available.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 8:06 am

Post by armlx »

Vote Tina

I concur. Why didn't you block one of the killing roles to prevent scum from getting a free kill?
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 10:09 am

Post by Y »

armlx wrote:I concur. Why didn't you block one of the killing roles to prevent scum from getting a free kill?
What killing roles (Besides Mary/Rose, who isn't exactly a killer)? I suppose you know of any I don't?
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Y »

I'm at L-2, by the way, so I guess there's at least one mafioso on my wagon. Richard seems it, but Misty is a close second.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 10:54 am

Post by imaginality »

I agree with Misty, John and Richard that Tina blocking our tracker is not pro-town but I'm not keen to run Tina up to L-1 just yet.

It's also worth noting that even if Tina is scum, she didn't make the scum kill since we know she blocked Richard.

(Possible players who made the scum kill: Misty, John, Mary Rose, Bruce, Charles, Vicki. Did not make the scum kill: Tina (roleblocked Richard), Richard (was blocked), Tom (saw Richard).)
Y wrote:
armlx wrote:I concur. Why didn't you block one of the killing roles to prevent scum from getting a free kill?
What killing roles (Besides Mary/Rose, who isn't exactly a killer)? I suppose you know of any I don't?
QFT, 'killing roles' plural is an interesting slip. Like Tina, I only see the one killing role listed, Mary Rose (and that's why I kidnapped her). What did you have in mind, Misty?
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Y »

If I were scum, I would've lied and said that I targeted some one else, or didn't target at all. Tom seeing him at Bruce's would have gotten me cleared and Richard would be lynched on the spot.
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 12:28 pm

Post by Y »

imaginality wrote:(Possible players who made the scum kill: Misty, John, Mary Rose, Bruce, Charles, Vicki. Did not make the scum kill: Tina (roleblocked Richard), Richard (was blocked), Tom (saw Richard).)
Scum could lie and claim to have chosen a target that's not here anymore or another mafioso. There's always the possibility of some one like Tom lying about his target, based on previous claims.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by imaginality »

Not if you didn't know that Tom would still see Richard despite Richard being roleblocked.
AshMC1984
AshMC1984
Goon
AshMC1984
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 3:31 pm

Post by AshMC1984 »

Thoughts:
malthusis wrote:I think I drank too much that night :P and targeted Bruce (I somehow thought he was a vig?).
Huh?
Y wrote:If I were scum, I would've lied and said that I targeted some one else, or didn't target at all.
WIFOM. Have you explained yet your choice of target? I'm thinking you have something to hide.

Re: Misty - will there ever be a pro-town reason to silence someone or is she destined to send in only a choice of no target each night if she is town? If scum she would probably be a good choice of killer for this reason and could hide it more easily than most.
Win / Loss record
Town: 2 / 0
Scum: 1 / 1
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 6:51 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

imaginality wrote:I agree with Misty, John and Richard that Tina blocking our tracker is not pro-town but I'm not keen to run Tina up to L-1 just yet.

It's also worth noting that even if Tina is scum, she didn't make the scum kill since we know she blocked Richard.

(Possible players who made the scum kill: Misty, John, Mary Rose, Bruce, Charles, Vicki. Did not make the scum kill: Tina (roleblocked Richard), Richard (was blocked), Tom (saw Richard).)
Y wrote:
QFT, 'killing roles' plural is an interesting slip. Like Tina, I only see the one killing role listed, Mary Rose (and that's why I kidnapped her). What did you have in mind, Misty?
Let's formalize something further.

Cannot be the Mafioso who made the N0 kill:

- Y (Tina - malthusis/Richard claimed roleblock and Y confirmed)
- malthusis (Richard - blocked by Y/Tina on night when Mafia successfully killed)
- AshMC1984 (Tom - saw malthusis target and has mod-confirmed that he should have seen malthusis)

Unlikely to be the Mafioso who made the N0 kill:
- Hypatia (Mary Rose - Charles claimed kidnap on her and Mafia successfully killed, so Hypatia cannot be Mafia unless imaginality/Charles is also Mafia)

I also doubt that Charles is Mafia given that he didn't block an investigative role (he could have been sent to block Grimmy to make sure Mixologist wasn't protected, but I have my doubts there).

Cannot be the SK:
- Y (Tina - malthusis/Richard claimed roleblock on night SK successfully killed)

Unlikely to be SK:
- Hypatia (Mary Rose - malthusis/Richard claimed roleblock on night SK successfully killed, so Hypatia cannot be SK unless imaginality/Charles is lying and therefore Mafia.)

Key point for the kids at home: from where I'm sitting, there's probably a Mafioso in {armlx, Grimmy}.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 6:56 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

EBWOP: Forgot Danny (John) in the "likely to be the Mafioso who made the D1 kill" list.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 7:04 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

I'm going to total read armlx and Y (go back through past games and read them all to see if I can pick up on any supertells). In the meantime, I want to see more posting out of both of them - as things stand, I strongly suspect that at least one of them is scum, maybe both.
User out of ambit.

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 7:28 pm

Post by armlx »

go back through past games and read them all to see if I can pick up on any supertells
I lol'ed when I read this.

Also, I wouldn't presume the RB would auto block an investigative role, as that's more or less 1 for 1ing themselves for that role when the mass claim is inevitably done.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 9:15 pm

Post by imaginality »

Tarhalindur, post 94 wrote:Cannot be the SK:
- Y (Tina - malthusis/Richard claimed roleblock on night SK successfully killed)
The SK can kill in addition to performing their night action. So Tina could be SK and still have blocked Richard.

On the other hand, Richard can't be SK since he was blocked (unless Tina were lying about blocking him which looks unlikely to me)?
Y
Y
Mafia Scum
Y
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 10:30 pm

Post by Y »

AshMC1984 wrote:
Y wrote:If I were scum, I would've lied and said that I targeted some one else, or didn't target at all.
WIFOM. Have you explained yet your choice of target? I'm thinking you have something to hide.
I did explain, actually. At the time I thought the alignments and roles were connected. My logic told me that two investigative roles on the town's side wasn't probable, and if I was scum and I have an investigator, I would send him to kill because the town trusts him and it's really easy to make up a target.
Tarhalindur wrote:I'm going to total read armlx and Y (go back through past games and read them all to see if I can pick up on any supertells).
GL with that. My last game is about a year old.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”