Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 7:04 pm

Post by Amished »

Unvote

Definitely a good thing. How's it going DDD?

First off, I want to mention that I'm glad Kirroha stopped doing the like four options for every action as that would get you WIFOM'd to hell if you were town (I view that type of posting to be easily manipulated), and give you easy outs if you were scum.

Next: I'm trying to figure out why Percy is at L-2. Oh, meta and then accused IIOA; coupled with a non-removed RVS vote.

@KMD: You don't have to worry about jailbait anymore, you might end up with another avatar like your current one.... I don't even want to know the story.

@Mitey: Isn't the point (partially) of mafia to be able to talk openly (as town) while not trusting some of the people that you're talking to? When you get back, elaborate on what you agree with that Kirroha has said.

WRT: Kirroha: I've seen a couple newbie scum tells from her. Most notably is what KMD picked up on concerning not voting for Korts right away, then after KMD brings it up in 70 has found reason enough to vote and confirm vote in 75 and 80 respectively so as to get rid of appearances of not wanting to vote him. Note that I think she would do this regardless of Korts' role, not wanting to vote for a townie, or not wanting to vote for a scumpartner.

Also, with her stance on my previous player, 2 out of the 3 have sonic as scum, and the reasons for dismissing them are weaker, while the first is overexaggerated for those people who don't know my alignment. To assume so much over a simple statement and classify as really pro-town kinda pings my scumdar as well.

Nitpicking every post, especially of the person attacking you really gets on my nerves as well. Can't say whether or not this is a scumtell yet, but it's anti-town IMO as it tests the patience of the town by giving them something generally worthless to read. I feel that leads to people skimming over your posts which is a good way for scum to hide any slips.

Finally, got crossposted a couple times so:
Hi Percy (I disagree with your opinion that RVS is useful as anything other than to get one thing to get the ball rolling)

@DDD: Would you think that Kirroha's vote/confirm vote while doubting it is more of a way to signal to the scumbuddy that it's not as serious or that it's a breadcrumb if votes start to pile on Korts (for any particular reason) and therefore gives her something to point to if she doesn't want to lose a scumpartner and unvotes later on?
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 7:10 pm

Post by Percy »

OK, perhaps I should be more specific. Lurker was a poor choice of word.

I mean to say you've been vague, which is as bad as lurking in my mind (and perhaps more dangerous). You jumped on the kirroha wagon for vague reasons (deliberately, apparently) or ones that had already been said that you heavily paraphrased; the one original reason you did pick out was rather silly. I didn't like your post before your last one, because it didn't engage with the game in any meaningful way.

Thus, my FoS.
DDD 99 wrote:EBWOP: from the potential mislynch.
Do you think that this statement of yours is more or less scummy than kirroha's:
kirroha wrote:Or you're just trying to convince the all the townies to vote for me?
?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 7:17 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Amished wrote:@DDD: Would you think that Kirroha's vote/confirm vote while doubting it is more of a way to signal to the scumbuddy that it's not as serious or that it's a breadcrumb if votes start to pile on Korts (for any particular reason) and therefore gives her something to point to if she doesn't want to lose a scumpartner and unvotes later on?
I don't believe it's any sort of signal to a scum partner since they can daytalk so there's no need to drop signals that the town might pick up on when they could just go to PM/QT and let their partner know exactly what they're planning.

But it's another possiblty that it's a setup to remove the vote later if she thinks that there's too much pressure on a scumbuddy. It's just odd behavior for a player project such confidence in their action, then immediately trying to remove their culpability from the situation.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2009 11:18 pm

Post by Korts »

Will post later, but the fact that no-one in particular is all over kirroha for post 87 tells me I may be tunneling too much.
scumchat never die
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 3:40 am

Percy wrote:I mean to say you've been vague, which is as bad as lurking in my mind (and perhaps more dangerous). You jumped on the kirroha wagon for vague reasons (deliberately, apparently) or ones that had already been said that you heavily paraphrased; the one original reason you did pick out was rather silly.
You need to work on your time sequence, I voted kirroha for vague reasons, intentionally. The "heavily paraphrased" and "silly" were part of point/counterpoint after the vote had already been placed and were not reasons for placing or even sustaining my vote.
I didn't like your post before your last one, because it didn't engage with the game in any meaningful way.
It acknowledged a new player in the game and let the town know that I have experience with him as a player. A smoking gun? No, but it supplies more information to the town than, “Welcome, Amished!”.
DDD 99 wrote:EBWOP: from the potential mislynch.
Do you think that this statement of yours is more or less scummy than kirroha's:
kirroha wrote:Or you're just trying to convince the all the townies to vote for me?
?
Since I know my alignment, I know my comment was just a simple mistake. Since I do not know kirroha's alignment I do not know if hers was a mistake or a tell or some sort. But again in 86 I said, "Not that I put much stock in such slips" because it's possible for anyone to make a dumb mistake unindicative of alignment.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2009 4:53 am

Post by Amished »

@Percy: If you think vague is a scumtell, you're going to have a hell of a time when you get a worse group of people to play with than this.

@Korts: Well, the main people that Kirroha talked about in 87 were Zazier and you. Zaz hasn't posted yet and especially replacing in I like to see people defend themselves rather than jump in for them. Rereading 87 again still makes me feel that her case on you is rather flimsy (as well as the points "against" Zaz) and should be easily refuted without too much effort giving you time to look at everyone else as well.

Slips are a bogus way to go after people for the most part. Some on top of already scummy actions is one thing (and still a weak "top it off" point) but everybody goes through and thinks of people as either innocent or scummy. My take on DDD's comment was that he felt Korts to be town, and therefore a lynch on him would be a mislynch. As right now I also feel that Korts is more townie I can see exactly where he's coming from.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 12:44 am

Post by Korts »

kirroha wrote:If you haven't stated any reasons, then isn't that just hopping on a wagon? I thought hopping on a wagon without reason was a scumtell?
Playing by the book is not a very successful scumhunting technique. If you can't find more scum motivation for it than town motivation, then it's not a scumtell. And early game, there is no harm in mindless wagoning, au contraire!
kirroha wrote:At that time, I haven't spoken yet against you. So I see no reason why you couldn't vote for him, unless by "better purpose" you meant Mitey.
And that is what I meant. Like I said, wagoning is much more constructive in the early game than holding onto a single vote on a single player for a single post's mistake.
kirroha wrote:Then what's with the 2 page long argument about Kmd's vote on ZazieR? What about voting for Mitey? What about saying I'm giving too much credit to Sonic? Correct me if I'm wrong, but to me it sounds as if you're hinting he's a possible scumbuddy for me, which is counted as suspecting him.
lolno. the Kmd argument was semantics and not about suspicion at all. The Mitey vote was for wagoning. And about sonic--gods, you are thick, or doing a good job of pretending to be; ever heard of buddying up? No? It's when you appeal to another player in order to gain town cred with them. Either he is your scumpartner, or you were doing the aforementioned buddying up routine--I don't care right now, you're scum in either scenario.
kirroha wrote:All I did was to put down what I thought about the players. And then you voted for me because you were top on my suspicions list. You didn't show the slightest bit of wanting to vote for me before I suspected you. How is that so?
You are misrepresenting my stance here again. If you had bothered to read my initial post against you you could've seen that it was not mainly your take on me that bothered me, it was the wishy washy stance on Mitey, the absolute pro-town view of sonic, the take on Kmd.
kirroha wrote:If I misinterpreted your actions, then please explain!
Don't act like I haven't. In every post where I mention misrepresentation I show you how you did it and what it was you misrepresented. Read my posts again.

Look, I'll even quote!
Korts, 79 wrote:
kirroha wrote:I really think you're trying to look town since you are depicting your own actions as town.
Umm what? I have an opinion on what play would be pro-town, and act accordingly; you are really saying that that is scummy? You are trying way too hard to twist this in your favor.
Korts, 79 wrote:
kirroha wrote:So far you've zoomed in at Kmd, Mitey and me
Of which the only really serious case/vote is the one currently on you. (Also, note that my vote on Mitey was only ever for one single post, without even a hint of a case. How is that "zooming in"?)
Korts, 82 wrote:
kirroha wrote:That would be valid if you haven't shown signs of suspicion around DDD/ZazieR. You've never shown the slightest bit of suspecting them. Yet you've suspected everyone else: Kmd, Mitey, Sonic, Percy and me, all without much valid proof.
Of for fuckssake. THEY HAVEN'T GIVEN ANY REASON FOR ME TO. You have. Percy has. And I never suspected Kmd, Mitey or Sonic. This is very blatant misrep.
----------------------------------
kirroha wrote:I believe he's town, and I believe Percy is town too. Surprisingly, you never said 'too much credit for Percy'.
Because while you said that Percy is leaning town, you outright stated that you don't believe sonic could be scum based on something that is utterly inconsequential and a nulltell on any scale.
kirroha wrote:I'm not very good at this, and maybe you can help me a little as to how to properly interpret others' actions.
Why plead incompetence now?

---------------------------------------
Percy wrote:So you're saying that bad reasoning and construction of poor cases is the best way to start the day? I fundamentally disagree.
Weeeell bad and poor are not the right words here. I'd rather go with intentionally weak.

And there are much better lines of discussion than post 97, not to mention that DDD was not active lurking at all imo. I'm not really comfortable with the step down from "lurking" to "vague" in post 101, either. Sounds like you are trying to downplay a side wagon gone bad.

Percy, what do you think of kirroha?
scumchat never die
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 2:53 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Percy wrote:No, it's not a reason to not pursue cases. It is a reason to take everything that everyone says with a grain of salt.
Discussion has to start somewhere. And it did. Korts blowing up my vote on Zaz started discussion here.
Percy wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:I made my vote in the RVS. I meant when something serious came up, I'd place a real vote instead of just my jokevote.
I think this was exactly Korts' original point. Your vote means nothing, you didn't want to achieve anything by it, so why vote at all? The only reason you would vote ZazieR is to have a 'placeholder' vote, knowing that it will achieve nothing. You're still insisting that it doesn't mean anything. Thus, I'm happy to upgrade my initial reservations about "not pro-town" to "anti-town" and
Unvote, Vote: Kmd4390
It's a joke vote. Of course it doesn't mean anything. So you are voting me this late over a joke vote? What happened to taking the early game with a grain of salt?

Oh and nice OMGUS btw. XD
Percy wrote:
Percy 60 wrote:I also find it interesting that Kmd was satisfied with kirroha's "pick someone who hasn't posted, say their name and then say nothing about the game" approach to his question.
I find it even more interesting that you ignored this comment of mine.
I asked her for a suspicion. She named a suspicion. I wasn't calling her scummy yet at that point. I had no problem with her answering my question.
Percy wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:You state what happened. You don't take any kind of stance. It's textbook IIOA.
Er, no it's not. I analysed the situation, and didn't take a strong stance because there wasn't one to take. IIoA is not fence-sitting scumtell, it's a "not intepreting what's happening in the game and stating your opinions about it" scumtell. I certainly interpreted what was going on, I just didn't express a
strong
opinion.
Actually, there WAS a stance to take. You pick one side or the other. That is taking a stance.

IIOA-Information instead of analysis. You gave information on the game. I guess you could argue that you analyzed by looking at possibilities, but you didn't pick a side. Maybe not IIOA exactly, but still scummy.
Percy wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:Percy, I'm very sure Zaz is town. She is questioning like she normally does as town.
Oh, I'm
very
happy with my vote on you. Why on earth are you defending ZazieR, given that she's not under threat at all,
and
using meta that cannot possibly tell us anything? Even if I concede that she's playing how she normally plays, she's a smart player and could easily fake her meta. This comment basically boils down to "trust me, she's town", and that's not unnecessary at this point, and also a crap argument. This is much worse than kirroha's buddying up to me.
You asked my opinion of Zaz. I said I'm very sure she's town. Now you are attacking me for answering your question. Am I supposed to lie and say she is scummy? Because she really isn't. I'm not giving specific meta because the second I do, her meta changes whether she is trying to change it or not. Awareness of one's own meta means it no longer exists (unless it's an intentional meta).

I agree that she is a smart player. But there still is a difference between her town and scum game. Maybe I'm not an expert at picking her out as scum, but I can sometimes pick her out as town, and she's playing how she does when I do.

You don't have to trust my reads. I was simply answering your question regarding my read on her.

Kind of humorous that my "crap argument" isn't even an argument I was making. I think we call that a strawman around here.
Percy wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:Percy seems to not want to take stances. I see that as a major scum tell normally, and with the meta provided by Zaz, it makes it even more damning.
Hilarious. Did you even read my other games? What exactly about my play in the other games makes you think I'm scummy? Come on, be specific.
According to Zaz, who I see as town, you don't take strong stances as scum, but you do as town. Now, of course, this meta becomes useless after this game because you are aware of it, but it's still there now.
hohum wrote:
Amished replaces sonicchaos1993
I guess I move pretty quickly, don't I? :P
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote: Percy, I'm clearly not lurking, the last time I posted was a touch over twenty four hours ago. The only person who posted any content since that time was you. So I'm basically the last person you can accurately call out for lurking, yet that's the reason you call me out. Interesting.
Flat out lurking? No. You aren't. Active lurking? Maybe.
Amished wrote: @KMD: You don't have to worry about jailbait anymore, you might end up with another avatar like your current one.... I don't even want to know the story.
I don't want to know the story either. That's why I didn't ask. :lol:

-----------------------------

Still like my vote on Percy. Would be willing to lynch him or Kirroha.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 4:32 am

Post by Korts »

Oi, Kmd--why so convinced that your town read of Zazie is correct?
scumchat never die
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 5:52 am

Post by Amished »

I kinda want to see Percy's response to KMD's post. While Kirroha's play is dinging my scumdar, Percy's is as well.

On a related note: while I'm getting plenty of korts, percy, kirroha (and *lately*) DDD posting, I want to see more out of Mitey, Zaz and KMD too.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 6:56 am

Post by hohum »

Official Vote Count:

Amished(0)
kirroha(2) Korts, Dobonair Danny DiPietro
MiteyMouse(0)
Percy(3) MiteyMouse, ZazieR, Kmd4390
Debonair Danny DiPietro(1) Percy
Korts(1) kirroah
ZazieR(0)
Kmd4390(0)
Not Voting(1) Amished

Deadline is set for Midnight EST on May 20th. Exactly 15 days from now. Please note the rule changes accordingly

Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 7:10 am

Post by Amished »

Couldn't we just have people vote for NoLynch as it's a nightless setup and we'll still be in the same boat as we are now?

Yes you could and that's sort of the point. 15 days is plenty of time for 8 people to reach a consensus. Short of moving (or removing) the deadline, I'll change the deadline rules to whatever you want me to change them to, but you must all agree to the rule changes.

hohum wrote: 3. Please try to maintain more than the minimum standard for activity levels which is currently 1 post every 48 hours. If you go 48 hours without posting you will be prodded (as many times as necessary) and if you go 72 hours without posting you will be replaced. Exceptions will be made for low activity periods such as weekends and holidays.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 11:23 am

Post by Percy »

DDD 104 wrote:I voted kirroha for vague reasons, intentionally. The "heavily paraphrased" and "silly" were part of point/counterpoint after the vote had already been placed and were not reasons for placing or even sustaining my vote.
As far as I can tell, your isolation of the 'slip up' of kirroha is the only original reason you've given for voting on the kirroha wagon. The rest of the time, you have been extremely evasive. Are you still unwilling to disclose the reasons for your vote?
DDD 104 wrote:
Percy wrote:I didn't like your post before your last one, because it didn't engage with the game in any meaningful way.
It acknowledged a new player in the game and let the town know that I have experience with him as a player. A smoking gun? No, but it supplies more information to the town than, “Welcome, Amished!”.
Hahaha, I see what you did there. Note that the post where I said "Welcome" was right after a post where I had answered all the relevant questions put to me, and I had commented on the game. I then FoSed you, and as a side note, welcomed Amished. Your post, by contrast, seemed to ignore the game and all questions put to you. You also claimed some super-scum-hunting abilities when it came to this new player. The "it may be scummy but it supplies information" line is weak. FoS remains.
Korts 106 wrote:I'm not really comfortable with the step down from "lurking" to "vague" in post 101, either. Sounds like you are trying to downplay a side wagon gone bad.
I think of lurking and 'coasting' as much the same thing. I'm still suspicious of DDD's non-participation.
Korts 106 wrote:Percy, what do you think of kirroha?
At the moment, she has a lot of questions that need answering; specifically, your last post, especially the incompetence plea which I missed on my last re-read, and the misrepresenting she did of your post. I'm waiting on her next post, after which I will give a full and detailed account of what I think about the case on kirroha.
Kmd4390 107 wrote:
Percy wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:I made my vote in the RVS. I meant when something serious came up, I'd place a real vote instead of just my jokevote.
I think this was exactly Korts' original point. Your vote means nothing, you didn't want to achieve anything by it, so why vote at all? The only reason you would vote ZazieR is to have a 'placeholder' vote, knowing that it will achieve nothing. You're still insisting that it doesn't mean anything. Thus, I'm happy to upgrade my initial reservations about "not pro-town" to "anti-town" and
Unvote, Vote: Kmd4390.
It's a joke vote. Of course it doesn't mean anything. So you are voting me this late over a joke vote? What happened to taking the early game with a grain of salt?

Oh and nice OMGUS btw. XD
Again, this was Kort's original point. Your vote was a schtick vote - just a joke, used to appear participatory in the RVS rather than to gather information for the town. Your rationalisation for using this particular voting style have been extremely poor.

Oh, and stop using acronyms you don't understand XD.
Kmd4390 107 wrote:Actually, there WAS a stance to take. You pick one side or the other. That is taking a stance.

IIOA-Information instead of analysis. You gave information on the game. I guess you could argue that you analyzed by looking at possibilities, but you didn't pick a side. Maybe not IIOA exactly, but still scummy.
Oh, there we go. It's not IIoA! I'm sorry, but your position is ridiculous. I also didn't just 'look at the possibilities', but stated my opinion as well. What
you
wanted me to do was to say "I agree with Korts!" or "I agree with Kmd!", but I simply didn't. There wasn't enough evidence there to make me swing wholly to one way or the other. What exactly was scummy about what I did?
Kmd4390 wrote:You asked my opinion of Zaz. I said I'm very sure she's town. Now you are attacking me for answering your question. Am I supposed to lie and say she is scummy? Because she really isn't. I'm not giving specific meta because the second I do, her meta changes whether she is trying to change it or not. Awareness of one's own meta means it no longer exists (unless it's an intentional meta).

I agree that she is a smart player. But there still is a difference between her town and scum game. Maybe I'm not an expert at picking her out as scum, but I can sometimes pick her out as town, and she's playing how she does when I do.
Firstly, I'm not attacking you for answering the question. I'm attacking you because your answer is crap.

Secondly, you suggest that the only alternative to saying "I'm very sure she's town" is "I think she's scummy", which it's not. It's a false dichotomy. My original attack was on your use of "very sure".

Finally, let me reiterate. You're saying that
sometimes
you can get a town read on ZazieR, in a way that you can't substantiate; that you're not an expert, but you're
very sure
she's town. Sorry, not buying it. Now I think your initial vote on her was a distancing measure, because now you seem to be going out of your way to defend another player who isn't under threat, and that's really weird.
Kmd4390 107 wrote:Kind of humorous that my "crap argument" isn't even an argument I was making. I think we call that a strawman around here.
You were saying that ZazieR is town, for meta reasons. That's an argument. I have not over-inflated your argument to more easily take it down (which is the strawman fallacy); I have argued that your conclusion does not follow from your premises.
Kmd4390 107 wrote:According to Zaz, who I see as town, you don't take strong stances as scum, but you do as town. Now, of course, this meta becomes useless after this game because you are aware of it, but it's still there now.
Oh, hilaire. You didn't even read the posts, you just trusted in almighty ZazieR! This is why I hate meta arguments - no-one bothers to check them. This was my second post in Suzumiya Haruhi Mafia, where I was scum up to my eyeballs. I'd call that taking a stance, wouldn't you?

To summarize my case against Kmd:
(1) His RVS vote was not pro-town. His explanations of his reasons for voting in such a manner have been weak.
(2) He has accused me of IIoA, OMGUS, strawmanning and "not taking a stance". All of these are demonstrably false.
(3) He himself has engaged in strawmanning, misrepresenting my arguments and establishing false dichotomies.
(4) He voted me for meta
that he hasn't even read
(5) His buddying up to ZazieR unnecessary, overblown and unwarranted.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 4:12 pm

Kirroha ISO #7 is of course her most interesting post. Prior to that she was trying to look busy without giving any feedback on the actual progress of the game which is suspicious in and of itself, players should be engaged with the game, not listing the possible scum pairs to no great benefit.

So let’s look at ISO #7…

First her reaction to her partner is suspicious. Scum doesn’t want their partner lynched; townies should have no problem with it if their partner is scum. Furthermore, kirroha drops minor suspicion on her partner (to give the appearance of actually considering her partner as scum), but then immediately writes it off due to potential bias. So she’s not ignored her partner, done her due diligence in evaluating them as scum, and then dismissed them. It’s a terribly convenient way for scum to look good and avoid putting their partner in the limelight where they might cost them the game.

Her tendency to lay out every option in the Korts case isn’t pretty either. What purpose does it serve? It can just as easily be done in your head, or on scratch paper, or in word privately and only her conclusions shared with us. It doesn’t help us to bog us down with arguments that are just going to be tossed out. So it’s mostly for show, a pro-town player doesn’t need to look like they’re going through the motions, scum does.

Her evaluation of sonicchaos (SC) is bizarre and completely opposite of my read. Her pro-town read on him is entirely based on him “breaking up the fight between korts and kmd” which simply didn’t happen. I mean look at the post she quoted, SC posts a single line pointlessly summing up the korts/kmd situation, there’s no fight breaking up there he’s offering a passing thought before he posts pointless (and incorrect) setup garbage. And her argument that scum wouldn’t correct the mod on proper vote count is completely bogus as well as someone else also noted.

Later on there’s the anti-town behavior that I noted with her confirm of her vote followed by her very next post which backpedals from that confidence to try and distance herself from the vote that she was just so sure of. All in all, there’s plenty of anti-town behavior from kirroha to justify placing and sustaining a vote.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by Amished »

Percy, give up the RVS reason already. If I hadn't replaced into as many games as I have, I always just vote for somebody that doesn't have a vote. That's as useful as KMD always voting Zaz if they're together. I'll admit all day every day that it's a placeholder vote until I actually see anything and I don't have a problem with that and I don't see why people are really bringing it up. He has the meta to do it probably no matter what his alignment so it's a null tell. I act the same way every RVS, and that's a null tell.

Heck
percy in post 30 wrote:I believe this situation can be (mostly) resolved when Kmd votes for someone else; or, he could stubbornly cling to his vote on Zazier, and if he decides to do so, I'd like to hear more detailed reasons as to why this will produce good info for the town.
KMD has since moved it to mitey in 43 and you in 70. Apparently it's not mostly resolved as you're still pissing and moaning about it. Also, since you voted him for this (after saying it could be resolved and he placed his vote *on you* it sure as hell is still OMGUS.

I also wanted to point out some things that caught my eye since joining.
percy wrote:You also claimed some super-scum-hunting abilities when it came to this new player.
He claimed no such thing. He said he had a good read on me. We've played a couple times together and so far he's been right on the button about my alignment at all times. Saying that he has a meta on me is helpful, and if necessary to prove a point one way or another he'll have something he can point to out of experience. I feel that to be a great help to the town, just as Zaz can point out your games and we can read them at our leisure if we want to to try to get a better feel for you (also good).

Your points that came under scrutiny for the IIoA claim: You deem the RVS to be useful (not really taking on anything in this game). You state that there's two votes that needed to be pointed out (kmd > zaz) and sonic > korts. For the first you said that it fits his meta (Useful? Not really. We all knew that as he admitted to the fact. Not adding to the game). Said it wasn't anti-town, and wasn't pro-town. So by you saying it's neutral (that you're now kinda going against) you took absolutely 0 stance on it. You *finally* ask something about the game, which was about Sonic's vote on Korts. Sonic said it was random but you chose not to believe it and questioned it. Out of 5 paragraphs (and some one liners) you finally question a random vote. That isn't a stance, it's wondering about it and asking. It's still close enough to IIoA that I'm concerned, but it doesn't fit the bill 100% (maybe only 98%). Personally I still view that as a useless post with inflated content to make you look more protown.

Well, as it's an open setup between townie and scummy, if you're not townie, you're scummy. It makes sense to me at least. There's no "neutral" ground in my eyes.

Finally, for your point about the kmd and zaz relationship. The only way you accusing him for saying that zaz is town really is only effective if both of them are scum. KMD-scum and Zaz-town, the read is right, and good for us. KMD-town and Zaz-town the read is right and good for us. KMD-town and Zaz-scum the read is wrong, and since you're disbelieving of it anyways it's not *really* that bad. KMD-scum and Zaz-scum is the only one where he has true knowledge and is lying about it.

Your points are weak, Percy. I'm about || close to voting for you, and the only reason I'm not is because I want to see more of Kirroha's posts to decide who is scummier. Also, because I view Korts to be more pro-town and somewhat logical, I'd also want him to stay around and therefore I need less of a reason to vote for Kirroha (as Mitey, who hasn't added much would die as well).

(DDD crossposted, and his case against Kirr sums up what I'm feeling there too. 7 was probably about 75% fluff and posting to see your own writing is a scumtell in my book (much for the same reasons that DDD had pointed out) and also due to the fact that larger posts tend to have scumtells get lost in the shuffle. Clearly that's anti-town behavior.)
kirroha
kirroha
Mafia Scum
kirroha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 8:12 pm

Post by kirroha »

Mod: Picking up the prod. Will not be that active due to exam periods coming in, but will try to stay on as much as possible.

I'm going to read through a bit now, don't worry if my posts sound hurried because I don't have a lot of time now.
with a chainsaw.
kirroha
kirroha
Mafia Scum
kirroha
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 9:10 pm

Post by kirroha »

Welcome Amished, I'll clarify some of your posts here as well. (:
DDD wrote:You answered this yourself with your question to Korts. "I thought hopping on a wago, without a reason, was a scumtell." Since I had a reason; not a scumtell by your own assumed logic. Even when done without a reason, it also depends on who does it because it's part of some people's meta whether town or scum.
So by that you mean if a person likes jumping on wagons in every game regardless of alignment, it is not a valid reason? Does that mean that we have to properly review the games that the people have played in before stating something?
DDD wrote:JOKE: You totally missed it
-_-
Percy wrote:This says to me that you start off with the assumption that sonic is pro-town. If he's scum with Korts, then of course he's going to kind of attack Korts while breaking up the fight. If he's scum on his own, then he'd want to break up the fight, and maybe he jumped in too early, or a thousand other things. You're too quick to dismiss the scum possibilities, and too quick in concluding that he's protown.
Nope. I listed out those possibilities because I'm the type of person who will list out every single possibility and rank them according to likelihood. Since the possibility of Sonic being protown is the highest, I go according to the assumption that he is protown.
Percy wrote:why does she want to make it look like I'm better than I've been playing?
I did not say that you are playing a stellar game, by the way. I am just saying that your actions seem protown enough to me. But you assumed it to be that I think you're playing very well. There's a difference - like for example, tunnel-vision is pro-town in my books, but it's not necessarily good play.
Percy wrote:kirroha, make sure you say who you're quoting when you quote. It makes it much easier to read.
I wrote their names at first, and the subsequent quotes all are written by the same person(s).
Percy wrote:Incoming opinion: I think that kirroha's initial post was quite scummy. However, I'm happy with her answers and clarifications right now.
What was in my initial post that was scummy, and what 'answers and clarifications' did I provide that eased my scumminess?
Mitey wrote:I have done a quick read and have to agree with my plutonic partner (hehehe). I'm having a hard time trusting her but, feel the need to be able to talk pretty openly with her.
You mean that you agree with me the fact that it's hard to trust your platonic partner, or you agree with me about something else?
DDD wrote:This is a good thing, replace an unknown with a player that I've good a real good read on.
Um, how did you manage to get a good read on someone who just said, "Hi there, starting my read now "?
DDD wrote:To answer your question though, kirroha hasn't helped herself at all, really. Amongst other things she "confirms" her vote on Korts and then in her next post she voices her uncertainty of her own position. It looks to my eye as if she's trying to rally support to her position by projecting strength while simultaneously distancing herself from the mislynch.
I confirmed my vote because Korts just insisted that I was scum, so I just joked by insisting that he was scum too. Korts was the most suspicious to me that time and that was why I voted for him in the first place.
Amished wrote:First off, I want to mention that I'm glad Kirroha stopped doing the like four options for every action as that would get you WIFOM'd to hell if you were town (I view that type of posting to be easily manipulated), and give you easy outs if you were scum.
The reason why I wrote 4 options and stuff is not to keep neutral. I wrote 4 options because, as I said to Percy just now, I am the type who thinks better by writing down all the possibilities of something, and ranking them up according to their probability and likelihood. That way, it's easier for me to look back and see all my thoughts.
Amished wrote:Next: I'm trying to figure out why Percy is at L-2. Oh, meta and then accused IIOA; coupled with a non-removed RVS vote.
Ok, sorry for bothering you with a question, but what's IIOA?
Amished wrote:WRT: Kirroha: I've seen a couple newbie scum tells from her. Most notably is what KMD picked up on concerning not voting for Korts right away, then after KMD brings it up in 70 has found reason enough to vote and confirm vote in 75 and 80 respectively so as to get rid of appearances of not wanting to vote him. Note that I think she would do this regardless of Korts' role, not wanting to vote for a townie, or not wanting to vote for a scumpartner.
One of the reasons why I did that was because Korts didn't seem suspicious to me the first time I posted, since he didn't actually post much. But after I posted and ranked him as most suspicious, he immediately retaliated and speaks as if I'm confirmed scum. I don't know if he's doing that as a joke or not, but it's not very appealing to me since it seems quite OMGUS. That's why I voted for him.
Amished wrote:Also, with her stance on my previous player, 2 out of the 3 have sonic as scum, and the reasons for dismissing them are weaker, while the first is overexaggerated for those people who don't know my alignment. To assume so much over a simple statement and classify as really pro-town kinda pings my scumdar as well.
I'm not saying that sonic plays well. It's just that being honest, pointing out mistakes that do not benefit him and trying to break up a fight that he could do well without it breaking in the first place are towntells. I think that scum would not want to come out of hiding so easily over such a simple matter. And I didn't completely clear him. Everyone here is a suspect.
Amished wrote:Nitpicking every post, especially of the person attacking you really gets on my nerves as well. Can't say whether or not this is a scumtell yet, but it's anti-town IMO as it tests the patience of the town by giving them something generally worthless to read. I feel that leads to people skimming over your posts which is a good way for scum to hide any slips.
Korts was the one who nitpicked my post at first. -_- And I think townies are supposed to look through posts very carefully and not skim through, because that's the only way to find scum. Especially when I seem suspicious to them, it makes all the more likely for them to look through my posts properly to find any slips. Only scum find no need to look through posts since they know who the scum are anyway and all they need to do is to conceal themselves.
DDD wrote:But it's another possiblty that it's a setup to remove the vote later if she thinks that there's too much pressure on a scumbuddy. It's just odd behavior for a player project such confidence in their action, then immediately trying to remove their culpability from the situation.
As I had said, I wasn't that sure about Korts' scumminess. It's just that he insisted that I was scum, so I insisted that he was scum too. Confirm votes don't do anything in particular, right?
Korts wrote:Will post later, but the fact that no-one in particular is all over kirroha for post 87 tells me I may be tunneling too much.
Eh... back in Newbie 754 our IC said that tunneling is a towntell since scum don't like to reveal themselves that much. -_- Well, since that is so, I better review everything properly later on.
Korts wrote:Playing by the book is not a very successful scumhunting technique. If you can't find more scum motivation for it than town motivation, then it's not a scumtell. And early game, there is no harm in mindless wagoning, au contraire!
Fine, fine... *looks up dictionary to find the meaning of "au contraire" I was sure I've seen it before, just forgot its meaning.*
Korts wrote:And that is what I meant. Like I said, wagoning is much more constructive in the early game than holding onto a single vote on a single player for a single post's mistake.
Really? In the early game I'll rather vote for the person I find most suspicious than wagoning (after all we are trying to lynch the scummiest person). I guess we think differently then?
Korts wrote:you are thick
Korts wrote:Either he is your scumpartner, or you were doing the aforementioned buddying up routine--I don't care right now, you're scum in either scenario.
I do find sonic townish. Even his 'successor' Amished seems to be trying hard to help the town, so I don't see any reason for heavily suspecting any of them. I find them pro-town, so why can't I say they are pro-town? Is it wrong?
Korts wrote:You are misrepresenting my stance here again. If you had bothered to read my initial post against you you could've seen that it was not mainly your take on me that bothered me, it was the wishy washy stance on Mitey, the absolute pro-town view of sonic, the take on Kmd.
I never absolutely thought that sonic was town. I can't absolutely think that anyone is town. Everyone is a suspect here. I just find him pro-town because of the reasons I provided somewhere above for Percy.
Korts wrote:Don't act like I haven't. In every post where I mention misrepresentation I show you how you did it and what it was you misrepresented. Read my posts again.
But to me, it really felt as if you had suspected those people. So I don't really think it's misintepretation. Otherwise, why would you vote Mitey (you cleared that up though in the previous post) and get into an argument with Kmd over small matters?
Korts wrote:Because while you said that Percy is leaning town, you outright stated that you don't believe sonic could be scum based on something that is utterly inconsequential and a nulltell on any scale.
Just in case you didn't notice, I posted a list of who I find most suspicious -> least suspicious, and Percy was at the bottom of the list, followed by sonic. I found Percy the least suspicious, and not sonic.
Korts wrote:Why plead incompetence now?
Look, I'm trying to understand where I've gone wrong intepreting other people's actions. So if I really misintepreted everything, I want someone to teach me about how to analyze others' posts. If I had really misintepreted you, and you're town, I don't want to continue doing so. You can understand that, right?
DDD wrote:First her reaction to her partner is suspicious. Scum doesn’t want their partner lynched; townies should have no problem with it if their partner is scum. Furthermore, kirroha drops minor suspicion on her partner (to give the appearance of actually considering her partner as scum), but then immediately writes it off due to potential bias. So she’s not ignored her partner, done her due diligence in evaluating them as scum, and then dismissed them. It’s a terribly convenient way for scum to look good and avoid putting their partner in the limelight where they might cost them the game.
As I have said, I don't trust Mitey much even though I'm trying to, since it's hard to find scum if you can't even trust in your own partner, but like I said, I'm trying to. If we don't trust even a bit in our partners, it would be hard to find scum since our partners are the only people we can ever talk to quietly, and we must cherish that. However, if Mitey has really done something suspicious to make me suspect her, I would have no-questioned voted for her. But Mitey hasn't posted much, and hasn't done anything suspicious for me to want to vote for her.
DDD wrote:Her tendency to lay out every option in the Korts case isn’t pretty either. What purpose does it serve? It can just as easily be done in your head, or on scratch paper, or in word privately and only her conclusions shared with us. It doesn’t help us to bog us down with arguments that are just going to be tossed out. So it’s mostly for show, a pro-town player doesn’t need to look like they’re going through the motions, scum does.
I have to write them down, or it would be confusing since everyone would wonder, "Why did she come to that conclusion?" There's no harm done in showing what I'm thinking, unless you all really think it's very troublesome to read. Then I'll stop posting those options. The only reason why I use options is so that I can write down all the possibilities and try to see how plausible each one is. It'll be easier that way.
DDD wrote:Her evaluation of sonicchaos (SC) is bizarre and completely opposite of my read. Her pro-town read on him is entirely based on him “breaking up the fight between korts and kmd” which simply didn’t happen. I mean look at the post she quoted, SC posts a single line pointlessly summing up the korts/kmd situation, there’s no fight breaking up there he’s offering a passing thought before he posts pointless (and incorrect) setup garbage. And her argument that scum wouldn’t correct the mod on proper vote count is completely bogus as well as someone else also noted.
It's because I found no benefit for the scum to do such a thing. If sonic was scum, he would benefit more staying in the shadows and being careful about saying the right things than just be frank. He reads town to me.
DDD wrote:Later on there’s the anti-town behavior that I noted with her confirm of her vote followed by her very next post which backpedals from that confidence to try and distance herself from the vote that she was just so sure of. All in all, there’s plenty of anti-town behavior from kirroha to justify placing and sustaining a vote.
Read above.

I'll post about what I think about the players again tomorrow. Hopefully, if not the day after tomorrow.
with a chainsaw.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2009 11:01 pm

Post by ZazieR »

EEEEKKK, ^^ quote war!!!
Watch out for the next post bomb! Everyone, DUCK!!!

In normal language: The above post scares me due to it's length, but I'll do my read though it may cost me my life.

Morituri te salutant :(
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 2:22 am

Post by ZazieR »

Ok, so it did cost me my life...
However, I've turned into a zombie. Though I don't know what my new win condition is as zombie, I'll still comment on the last posts. If my win condition has changed, I'll post the new versions afterwards.[/joke]

Kirroha

ZazieR wrote:You're points against MM all are following the same thing:
*That, but this....
This gives you the possibility to easily change your opinion when players don't agree.
Yet, I listed down which possibility I found the most possible. I didn't just put the possibilities there and run away. I stated my stand.
But according to you, you might be biased. Which is rather strange as you have admitted yourself, there's 50% chance that your partner is scum if you're town.
Also, why is some kind of "trying-to-fit-in" thing scummy or not scummy? Because you only called it weird.
Next was Korts. For each thing you could have given your opinion off, you name each interpretation that could be possible. You even call each possible connection between the allignments of Kevin and Korts a possibility. Once again, this gives you the option to alter your opinion to what other players say.
Yup, I named each one, and I stated which possibility was the most possible. Even now, I'm not yet completely convinced that Korts is scum. I don't know how he plays in other games. I'm only voting for him because he seems the most suspicious to me at the current moment. But Korts took offense to it too easily. So I find that pretty weird.
But now, he isn't mentioning Kevin's random vote anymore. He's mainly focusing on you. So are those points you mentioned still valid? If you think they are, why? (I'm talking about the relationships points that you noted between Korts and Kevin) And now that you've seen more posts, which of these do you see as most likely:
1) Korts was also having fun.
2) Korts just desperately wanted to find some clue to cling on to. (Then again, why the desperation?)
3) Korts and Kmd are scumbuddies and did this early on in the game as distancing.
And last where you were fence sitting was Kevin:
If he's town, he would do this.
If he's scum, he would do this as well.
If both are scum, we won't know.

So you took no chance regarding Kevin's allignment.
I shall assume that by 'Kevin' you meant Kmd.

That's why I stated in that post that I'm not very sure yet, so I'll need more information because I can't find any way to interpret his actions at that time.
Kevin is indeed Kmd. But can you say now which is most likely?
What happened to Korts also happened to Soccer, but here you took more of a stance. But even then, you took every possibility.
Okay, I really don't understand who you mean by Soccer.
My mistake :oops: For one reason, I had a mix up between soccerhate and sonic. I meant sonic.
So wait, Korts is leaning too far to one side, which you don't like. But you also don't like it that Korts hasn't voted Percy. Wouldn't he be leaning too far to one side, if he voted Percy? To me, the answer is 'yes'. So I don't know what to think of these two quotes.
No - By that I meant that Korts
stated
that he would be biased against his lover partner, but his actions completely contradicted what he had said, so I think that he had only said that to seem town.
But isn't he suspecting his lover? So where is he contradicting this?
Two questions:
-How come you think that if Korts is scum, his partner is either me or DDD, while you know that scum can buss?
I know that scum can buss, but scum would try not to do so, especially when their partner is not yet under suspicion.

Unless he is already bussing his own scum partner and is ignoring you and DDD just to draw suspicion on himself and one of you.
Scum WIFOM?
Didn't you do this as well when confirming your vote against Korts?
But he was the one who did it first! D: And he purposely said that I'm scum even though there's not much proof, so I didn't see why I can't do that to him either. [/childishmindset]
I interpret this as a 'yes'.
But anyway, I've got good news
DDD has told me he's not scum. Which means we only have to check the three other pairs to win. This should be easy
But I thought you can't just trust your partner that easily? Mitey has also told me she isn't scum, but I still get slightly suspicious even though I'm trying very hard to trust her. I believe that we need to trust our partners in order to be able to catch the scum, since they are the only people we can privately talk with, but no matter how hard I try I'm still getting suspicious signals from Mitey. Why don't you have that problem?
Well, I don't have that problem as I'm a third party role :D Though did might change as I'm a zombie now :(
(Just see post 90)
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 3:34 am

Post by Korts »

kirroha, you mentioned that you suspect Mitey. Please elaborate on this.

Percy makes a reasonable case against Kmd, although I still don't like his initial on-the-fence stance and his backtrack regarding DDD, and the explanations, while adequate, were not very convincing.
scumchat never die
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 3:35 am

Post by ZazieR »

Percy

ZazieR 69 wrote:his post 30 is a good case of only information and not taking a stance. This was not the case in the games I've seen him as town (open 98 and twice in mafia 87). This however was the case in mini 751 (Suzumiya Haruhi Mafia modded by Tar).
Now let me deal with the meta stuff straight off the bat. Mafia 87 is a great example of why I am more cautious about launching at people. Note that a lot of the first day is me fighting with Scheherazade, and both of us were town. What a clusterfuck that was. Nowadays, I prefer to wait a little bit. It's not scummy to wait for a few pages before you start throwing your weight around. Advocating caution is not a scumtell.

We have two, maybe three choices to make. We have to get at least two of them right. And that's it. That's all the information we're going to get. No roles, NKs, or anything else that might help us out. Now why the hell do you want to rush into things?
Will look later at your other games then.
And advocating caution can be a scum tell. I've seen townies do it, but also scum. Both think caution is a good thing. So it's maybe not a scum tell, but it's also not a town tell.

I'm 'rushing', because I believe that caution doesn't bring us anywhere.
ZazieR 70 wrote:So, if I as third party role would vote Korts, what would that give as information?
And if Kevin would vote DDD as scum, what would that give as information?

I don't see how a random vote gives information, so please explain.
I don't know what you mean by "third party role", and why would Kevin vote DDD as scum? That's the important part of the information we can gather.
A third party role is a role that's neither town nor scum. I've already explained why I'm a third party role, and why the mod is scum :D
You still haven't explained how the RVS gives information :?
ZazieR 72 wrote:You may have given your opinion, but you were still on the fence. You said Kmd's vote was not pro-town. That to me, is repeating Korts words, but only nicer. You clearly did not agree with Kevin's vote, yet you're saying that if he changes his vote, all will be forgiven. That's clearly not taking a stance.
I didn't like the vote. I said as much. I invited him to change his vote, and he hasn't. See below.
But he did change his vote. Twice after his random vote. It's now on you. Did you miss them both? Does this change your stance on him, and why?
What do you mean by "been here once"? And I'm not giving advice to the scum - I'm pointing out that the strongest voice in anyone's lynch will be that person's partner. If the partner is gung ho, "let's lynch my lover", then we probably should. Do you disagree?
Percy's reaction to Korts his selfvote
This is what I meant.
And I disagree. Because one player says that his lover is scum, doesn't mean that he's right. It only shows that the attacker of the two might be town.
Besides, if you agree, you may vote yourself ;)
ZazieR 85 wrote:But anyway, I've got good news :D
DDD has told me he's not scum. Which means we only have to check the three other pairs to win. This should be easy ;)
What exactly is the point of this post?
Well, as is known, I'm a third party role. So I notify you all that DDD has stated that he's not scum. Which means that we should lynch the mod (for my reasons already given) and afterwards, search for his partner which isn't me or DDD :D
That leaves 6 players left, of which one includes scum. That means we win ;)
Seriously though, I like posting random stuff which I see as funny :D
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 3:44 am

Post by Korts »

Also, kirroha, you asked why it is scummy that you have a town read on sonic/Amished; remember how you based this apparently rock solid read on one single post that said all of "the kmd/korts argument is stupid, moving on". This is not a towntell at all, considering that the argument was obviously designed to be stupid.

And yes, Amished's later posts are fairly pro-discussion, but those are
after
you have stated your "quite pro-town" read on his predecessor. You can't validate a read with posts that came after your statement of that read.
scumchat never die
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 6:02 am

Post by Amished »

kirroha wrote:Um, how did you manage to get a good read on someone who just said, "Hi there, starting my read now "?
DDD and I have played with each other before on this site, so he has a read on my playstyle. I even addressed Percy asking this same question (basically).
Amished in 114 wrote:He claimed no such thing. He said he had a good read on me. We've played a couple times together and so far he's been right on the button about my alignment at all times. Saying that he has a meta on me is helpful, and if necessary to prove a point one way or another he'll have something he can point to out of experience. I feel that to be a great help to the town, just as Zaz can point out your games and we can read them at our leisure if we want to to try to get a better feel for you (also good).
WRT your 4 options again, we're all mafia players. If we can't figure out the options on our own, we deserve to be whacked over the head with a clue x 4. If you have to write them down, do it separately as we don't need to see your reasoning for all 4 options or whatever. It's better to just give you conclusion, back it up with your reasoning *for that option* and not waste space by giving us something that we already could've figured out and are wasting our time and concentration reading useless info.

Being concise > explaining *everything* in my book.

IIoA is a scumtell first according to Tarhalindur (obviously other people can look for other people's supposed scumtells). It's information instead of analysis (and you can get there by searching IIoA in the Wiki). Basically it's saying that you're commenting on the state of the game rather than actually placing your opinion about it. It's a form of active lurking (but harder to pick up on). You're posting, but you're not really contributing to the game with it (and with my stance on "fluff" commentary) I find it harms the game making it scummy and therefore agreeing with Tar though I'm much worse at picking it out.
kirroha wrote:Only scum find no need to look through posts since they know who the scum are anyway and all they need to do is to conceal themselves.
False. Scum also need to appear to be scumhunting so as to not get called out for not forming their own opinions.

I looked back at the posts between where you (kirroha) posted your scumpairs and then your analysis of the people individually, and the only thing that Korts really disagreed with was KMD's vote being anti-town. As Percy took (close enough to) the same stance, yet they're both on opposite ends of your scum spectrum. Why was this? And please, only take evidence from the first 63 posts since that's all you had to work with at that point.

@Zaz, it's ok, zombies aren't that different than VT's, just with the added condition of if somebody else becomes a zombie in game you win. As my first *real* post came at like 1 am after 2 hours of going through the game I was the first zombie. Since you're a zombie now, I suppose I win, but I'm guessing mod-scum will decide that me winning isn't fair because he wanted to win. Either way, as we're both zombies, I'm assuming he'll set up a quicktopic for us any time in here so we can profess our love for brains.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 8:09 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

I'm sorry to have been MIA everyone. I'm going to try to get and stay caught up .

The big thing that jumps out at me (and I know it has already been spoken about) is KMD defending Zazie. He has no reason to and yet he is. Now, this could be a few things...friends playing together and wanting to believe each other, a Scum buddying up with a Town or a Scum defending his partner. I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt for now but,
FOS KMD

Now something interesting to note...in our private conversations, kirroha
did not say that she was Town. I'm not saying that this means that she is Scum but, it is interesting to me seeing as I'm not sure as to her alignment.
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2009 8:56 am

Post by Amished »

That's the point, Mitey. You can't be sure of your lovers alignment.
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”