Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:12 am

Post by Sotty7 »

ZazieR Post 48 wrote:
Sotty wrote:As for ZazieR, I remember playing with her but I think it was quite awhile back now, I don't quite remember the game off hand. Do you ZazieR?
:rara:
At least somebody remembered me.
Mini 656
Oh yeah, I remember now. I ate hot death on night one :(

Kise, this is also my first vengeful game so I am unsure of the time frame.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:12 am

Post by Kise »

It'll probably vary, but the norm is about 13-15 pages. Could be over sooner, but so far I don't think we have much of a case. Mafia get caught most of the time, but the playstyles/mindsets have been different in every thread I read. This game will have to be played the hard way, since there's no real hint I can gather from meta-reasons.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by semioldguy »

ZazieR wrote:"Because Kise unvoted Infection" gives me the impression that you think they might have the same allignment aka being scum together.
Though it can also be an extra part to the second part explained below.
"Infection still hadn't posted yet" gives me the impression that you wanted to pressure him with this vote in order for him to start posting.
I don't see any links that can conclusively be made between any two players yet. As I saw it, it was still the random voting stage.

Infection: You still haven't made a vote. If you had to make a vote in your next post who would be the most likely person you'd vote for?
I'm such a good lover because I practice a lot on my own.
Infection
Infection
Townie
Infection
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by Infection »

Sotty7 wrote:Why is that weird? In the random stage I often see people "random" vote each other.
I always wonder why it's called the RVS, because the votes aren't really random, unless you're rolling a dice, which neither Zazie nor semioldguy did.
It's weird because there's always a reason behind a "random" vote. That reason could be distancing since the vote was reciprocated. No, it's not a strong scumtell, but it's something.

Your defense of SOG/Zazie is noted.
SOG wrote:Infection: You still haven't made a vote. If you had to make a vote in your next post who would be the most likely person you'd vote for?
It's a tie between you and Zazie, but probably Zazie since you're at L-1.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:13 pm

Post by ZazieR »

semioldguy wrote:
ZazieR wrote:"Because Kise unvoted Infection" gives me the impression that you think they might have the same allignment aka being scum together.
"Infection still hadn't posted yet" gives me the impression that you wanted to pressure him with this vote in order for him to start posting.
I don't see any links that can conclusively be made between any two players yet. As I saw it, it was still the random voting stage.
So, it was not a pressure vote for him to post? Just random?
(asking for clarification)
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:16 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Infection wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:Why is that weird? In the random stage I often see people "random" vote each other.
I always wonder why it's called the RVS, because the votes aren't really random, unless you're rolling a dice, which neither Zazie nor semioldguy did.
It's weird because there's always a reason behind a "random" vote. That reason could be distancing since the vote was reciprocated. No, it's not a strong scumtell, but it's something.

SOG wrote:Infection: You still haven't made a vote. If you had to make a vote in your next post who would be the most likely person you'd vote for?
It's a tie between you and Zazie, but probably Zazie since you're at L-1.
Like I already said here, I indeed had a reason why I chose SOG above the others.

Also, what's your reason why it's a tie between me and SOG?
Ignore the ''R''
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:16 pm

Post by semioldguy »

ZazieR wrote:
semioldguy wrote:
So, it was not a pressure vote for him to post? Just random?
(asking for clarification)
No, it was not a pressure vote for him to post.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:58 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Infection Post 53 wrote:

To the first part I agree. I don't believe in random votes, even people who “roll dice” I don't fully trust. RVS is just basically a term to get the game going where you are voting for people for little to no reason. I voted semi because I have played a bunch of games in a row with him. In RVS I often see people end up voting each other, normally in a OMGUS fashion. I don't see anything weird about it right now. Maybe down the road if one flips scum or something we can look back at it as possible distancing. But even then, it's a pretty weak link in my opinion.

And I was hardly defending them, I was asking you to clarify your position on the weird comment while offering my opinion of the situation. That was a pretty open ended statement and I wanted more from you.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:14 am

Post by Kise »

semioldguy wrote:Infection: You still haven't made a vote. If you had to make a vote in your next post who would be the most likely person you'd vote for?
I know you're in the hotseat, so to speak, but I just want to step in and say how much I don't like this question. It seems like a way to flip the script on someone. And I don't mean to defend Infection, but there's no telling if he's even willing to vote for someone. Everyone could be townie in his eyes.

It won't do any good to try to find connections in this game because in the last VM threads I read, the mafia usually don't even show their cooperation in public. It's a certain mindset that they get into, so the best bet to nail mafia would be to watch for slips.

Anyone else read up on old VM games? What kind of hints would you offer, if you have read up?

I noticed that the Godfather is the most humble/quiet one in the bunch.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by Percy »

Vote Count

[2] semioldguy - Sotty7, ZazieR

[1] Infection - semioldguy

Not Voting: Infection, Kise

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Kise wrote:
semioldguy wrote:Infection: You still haven't made a vote. If you had to make a vote in your next post who would be the most likely person you'd vote for?
I know you're in the hotseat, so to speak, but I just want to step in and say how much I don't like this question. It seems like a way to flip the script on someone. And I don't mean to defend Infection, but there's no telling if he's even willing to vote for someone. Everyone could be townie in his eyes.
I don't really consider myself to be in the hotseat. Sure, I have two votes, but they were both placed there in the random voting stage. I'm not too concerned right now about those votes being there at such an early stage of the game.

Infection is the only one that hadn't placed a vote at some point or other and I thought it be good for him to share his opinion. As far as the possible viewpoint of everyone being town in someone's eyes, that should not be the case for the town. Town players should be suspicious of everyone since the town knows the alignments of no one aside from themselves. If everyone looks townie to someone, I'd mark that as a slight scum tell, as they know who all the innocents are and may find it hard to push a case on players they know to be innocent, but also would not want to bus their partner.

Unvote
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:47 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Also I haven't read up on previous 5P Vengeful games, and this is my first time playing in one.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by Kise »

Well, I was hoping to use the "everyone looks innocent" purely for example-purposes. On the flipside, if he IS ready to vote for someone, then it would be more suitable for an "everyone looks mafia" example.

The motto is guilty until proven innocent, but I've never been paranoid that every single player is mafia. That's no good, especially since you need to narrow down who is the most scummy/suspicious.

Yet…
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:25 am

Post by ZazieR »

Kise wrote:

It won't do any good to try to find connections in this game because in the last VM threads I read, the mafia usually don't even show their cooperation in public. It's a certain mindset that they get into, so the best bet to nail mafia would be to watch for slips.

Anyone else read up on old VM games? What kind of hints would you offer, if you have read up?

I noticed that the Godfather is the most humble/quiet one in the bunch.
Well, he answered SOG's questions, so I don't see why that first part was needed when you could just look at his answers to see if what you think might be true. He has said that he'd either vote me or SOG, but most likely me as SOG is L-1.

And I haven't read up to old VM games. But you've noticed that the GF is the most humble/quiet, so why aren't you questioning the more quiet players in this game?
Ignore the ''R''
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:26 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I haven't read up on old games either. I might do that today actually, would probably prove helpful.

Kise, who is the most suspicious to you right now?
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:09 am

Post by Kise »

@Zaz' & Sotty - If I chose to believe the trend of VM games, I'd have to look at Infection for having the least amount of posts. And the reason I'm not questioning him? HE'S the one making most of the questions, lol.

He's quite aggressive, but so far I don't think there's anything wrong with his "methods." He could be honestly trying to find something with his interrogation of SOG. There's no telling. I would like for us all to give opinions on each other. It might function as scumhunting depending on what's said, so it'll be a good generalization as to how everyone views each other.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ZazieR - Wants clarification a lot, lol... From what I gather, you assume there's a connection between Infection & myself (if that's the case, what I have to say about Infection may not help to dispel this notion). It took her a while to figure out why I put her in L-1 (my little test). I'm more surprised no one asked why I didn't just drop the hammer on SOG since he was already in L-1. In fact... isn't he still in L-1? I have a neutral viewpoint on ZazieR.

Kise - Needs to have a shrine for his worshipers to pay their respects. 8-)

Infection - Theorizes/speculates more than the rest of us. He may be onto something, or he may be looking too hard into things. If he was mafia and hammered anyone during the earlier stages of this game, that could have meant he knew the GF wouldn't get lynched and could still win this game. I won't vouch him as pro-town yet, but his suspect-level is in better standing than the other 3 players.

Sotty7 - Another questionnaire.. She asked me about my "test" and mentioned she could have very well unvoted SOG and hammered ZazieR, which she didn't. Of course it was still too early to know who's worthy of lynching, but if ZazieR was one of her enemies in this game, I'm thinking she would have taken it. Haven't detected much, so she's another one who I have a neutral viewpoint on.

semioldguy - Probably unvoted Infection to take away the L-1 status, although HE was in L-1 as well and none of his voters pulled off. This is likely the case of people simply not caring to unvote for SOG. But I do understand where Infection is coming from, because it's as if SOG didn't want to chance ZazieR being lynched. I probably would not have trusted Infection as well, but if Infection was intent on lynching a townie, I'd think that the smart assumption was that Infection was scum looking for a quick-lynch, in which case he'd be deserving of a VK. On the flipside, Infection has either proven himself to be town by not being hasty, or SOG was protective of ZazieR for a good reason.

Also, I got good news, gang: I got accepted to play Death Note mafia!!!
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:15 am

Post by Kise »

I made a mistake. Check the bolded part to see what I REALLY meant to say.
Kise wrote:semioldguy - Probably unvoted
Infection
ZazieR
to take away the L-1 status, although HE was in L-1 as well and none of his voters pulled off. This is likely the case of people simply not caring to unvote for SOG. But I do understand where Infection is coming from, because it's as if SOG didn't want to chance ZazieR being lynched. I probably would not have trusted Infection as well, but if Infection was intent on lynching a townie, I'd think that the smart assumption was that Infection was scum looking for a quick-lynch, in which case he'd be deserving of a VK. On the flipside, Infection has either proven himself to be town by not being hasty, or SOG was protective of ZazieR for a good reason.

Also, I got good news, gang: I got accepted to play Death Note mafia!!!
Congratulate me!
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:04 am

Post by semioldguy »

Kise wrote:On the flipside, Infection has either proven himself to be town by not being hasty, or SOG was protective of ZazieR for a good reason.
How would this prove him to be town? I don't think scum would be any more likely of being hasty than town as far as hammering is concerned at the very beginning of the day.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:00 am

Post by Kise »

Consider the rules -- Automatic win for town if GF is lynched; otherwise, town wins when all mafia threats are eliminated.

In the scenario that Infection is mafia, he could have hammered a townie. From there, the VT would either kill Infection for being hasty (obv-scum) or tried to somehow guess who Infection's partner is, despite the fact that Infection had not shown teamwork with anyone else since it was his 1st post. Thing is, the VT would have had no traces as to who else besides Infection could be mafia, so if Infection was killed by the VT, then his scum partner could still have lived on and played with the other 2, knowing that a connection-link with Infection was non-existent. From there, the remaining mafia could do his part to ensure he wasn't lynched and also try to convince the VT of not killing him.

Maybe it's just the way I'm thinking, but in the situation I purposely set up for Infection on page 1, I would have taken the hammer if I was thinking like mafia.

So that's why I say Infection may have proven he's town. But let's not put words in anyone's mouth.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:01 am

Post by Kise »

Another example I would say is that if Infection were mafia and he took the bait & hammered someone who was townie, he'd basically be a mafia-martyr.

Yet…
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:26 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I don't get it.

So you're saying that as mafia you would hammer on page one and just consider yourself a “mafia Myrta”? Seems kind of reckless don't you think? I'm no way willing to clear anyone of anything at this point. You seem keen to buddy up to infection, I'm not liking it.

Again, using your logic of clearing infection couldn't that also be applied to me seeing as I could have hammered too? Not liking the double standards here either...
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:50 am

Post by Kise »

Well like I said, that's just my mindset. I'm Japanese, and we're known for kamikazes......

OK, bad joke.

I gotta ask though, gals: Any reason why SOG is still at L-1?

Yet…
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:25 am

Post by ZazieR »

Kise wrote:ZazieR - Wants clarification a lot, lol... From what I gather, you assume there's a connection between Infection & myself (if that's the case, what I have to say about Infection may not help to dispel this notion). It took her a while to figure out why I put her in L-1 (my little test). I'm more surprised no one asked why I didn't just drop the hammer on SOG since he was already in L-1. In fact... isn't he still in L-1? I have a neutral viewpoint on ZazieR.
Nope, I did not assume such connection. I mentioned this pair due to SOG's vote reason. It seemed to me as if he thought of such pair.
The reason why it took me a while to find out about 'your test' was because you didn't address his response. You also kept your vote after Infection's post.
And yes, he's still at L-1.
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:26 am

Post by ZazieR »

EDWOP
Kise wrote:Also, I got good news, gang: I got accepted to play Death Note mafia!!!
Obv, I already knew :)
Ignore the ''R''
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:34 am

Post by ZazieR »

Kise wrote:Consider the rules -- Automatic win for town if GF is lynched; otherwise, town wins when all mafia threats are eliminated.

In the scenario that Infection is mafia, he could have hammered a townie. From there, the VT would either kill Infection for being hasty (obv-scum) or tried to somehow guess who Infection's partner is, despite the fact that Infection had not shown teamwork with anyone else since it was his 1st post. Thing is, the VT would have had no traces as to who else besides Infection could be mafia, so if Infection was killed by the VT, then his scum partner could still have lived on and played with the other 2, knowing that a connection-link with Infection was non-existent. From there, the remaining mafia could do his part to ensure he wasn't lynched and also try to convince the VT of not killing him.

Maybe it's just the way I'm thinking, but in the situation I purposely set up for Infection on page 1, I would have taken the hammer if I was thinking like mafia.

So that's why I say Infection may have proven he's town. But let's not put words in anyone's mouth.
I find it strange that you think this logic is true, as I already found an example that this isn't true during my first attempt at finding an example (sorta, as said scum player is one of the players who can get lynched, which was what happened):
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 88#1593988

Each player thinks different. What you'd have done in that situation, doesn't mean that each player would have done that. Besides, this could have been planned.
I don't see it as a way to clear Infection.
Ignore the ''R''

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”