Newbie 807 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:52 am

Post by Meji Fan »

Okay, why exactly was I nightkilled? I was 100% convinced it was Snow White and would have hung on her furiously
There is no problem so big it cannot be solved by an even bigger explosion
CancerBottle
CancerBottle
Goon
CancerBottle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by CancerBottle »

Wow. Lesson 1, or maybe 5: "if they look like scum...they're probably scum."

I WIFOM'd myself into trusting bgg. Everyone say "Good job, CB."

Great game everybody. It was a real pleasure playing my first game on this site with all of you, and I can't wait 'till next game.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston Churchill
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:47 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Any of you who are (rightly) quite disappointed with this result, I assure you that normally this kind of ending doesn't happen (certainly, in a newbie game, the IC is usually aware of the autodeadlines). I would say, though, Xtoxm, a subtle reminder of the deadline in a vote count or some such might have been helpful, not just for me but for the newbies as well.

Now, I hope you guys will remember in future:

1) Votes based on nightkill speculation are not good votes - Snow White was town!
2) If the most experienced/proficient player is alive late game, they're not necessarily scum!
#greenshirtthursdays
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by Meji Fan »

Oh, and bgg did an amazing job, I didnt suspect him a bit . . . my 2nd favorite suspect was CDB
CancerBottle
CancerBottle
Goon
CancerBottle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by CancerBottle »

Meji Fan wrote:Oh, and bgg did an amazing job, I didnt suspect him a bit . . . my 2nd favorite suspect was CDB
Bgg played great newb-town. I didn't realize he already had 200 posts.
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston Churchill
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by crazypianist1116 »

So, what were the reasons for the NKs?
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Probably to confuse town and give no leads while also searching for the potential PR. If the NKs give no information, the town is stuck with day conversations as their only clues (assuming no cop). It solidifies scum's abilities if they are solid in town talk. Just a guess. Also, it was probably meant to shoot suspicion elsewhere (Snow white for example). May be wrong, though.
don't you feel silly now?
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by crazypianist1116 »

Oh and I'm curious, who did bgg roleblock?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:34 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Roleblocks:

N1 - No action submitted
N2 - Snow White
N3 - CDB

Kichirou sumbitted the N1 kill.
I would say, though, Xtoxm, a subtle reminder of the deadline in a vote count or some such might have been helpful, not just for me but for the newbies as well.
Yeah, in normal circumstances I would have, but I didn't have much time for the site towards the end of the game.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
snowsalt
snowsalt
Townie
snowsalt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:50 am

Post by snowsalt »

*Jaw Drop*

A replacement would have been a FAR better choıce sınce bgg had obvıously waıted untıl the tıme ran out. If ı had not already fınıshed another game before thıs one and ınvested ın several more ı would have never come back to thıs sıte.

Am ı dısgruntled? Yes. *Sıgh* Im annoyed how the game played out and yeah. I was town. Lolç surprıse. surprıse!

-Thanks to CDB for helpıng me wıth all my querıes. I thought you were an awesome IC now you were proved town.

-CB was an ıncredıble player to play wıth throughout who actually naıled me as ınnocent. *applause*

-Im sorry for Craypıanıst1116 who ı hounded lıke the hammers of hell and ı guess thats ıt.

Good luck everyone. I wısh ı could say ıt was an awesome game. But ın my opınıon. It wasnt. Sorry.

As always.
Snow.
Snow White is BACK!!!!
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by Meji Fan »

Sorry for latching onto you Snow White, I really was convinced you were scum up until the last day when I was mildly torn between you and CDB

I hope I didnt put you off Mafia

And Im still curious why I got NKed
CancerBottle
CancerBottle
Goon
CancerBottle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by CancerBottle »

snowsalt wrote:*Jaw Drop*

A replacement would have been a FAR better choıce sınce bgg had obvıously waıted untıl the tıme ran out. If ı had not already fınıshed another game before thıs one and ınvested ın several more ı would have never come back to thıs sıte.

Am ı dısgruntled? Yes. *Sıgh* Im annoyed how the game played out and yeah. I was town. Lolç surprıse. surprıse!

-Thanks to CDB for helpıng me wıth all my querıes. I thought you were an awesome IC now you were proved town.

-CB was an ıncredıble player to play wıth throughout who actually naıled me as ınnocent. *applause*

-Im sorry for Craypıanıst1116 who ı hounded lıke the hammers of hell and ı guess thats ıt.

Good luck everyone. I wısh ı could say ıt was an awesome game. But ın my opınıon. It wasnt. Sorry.

As always.
Snow.
Heh. To be honest, Snow White, once DTF flipped town, I was sure you were scum.

And yes, ChannelDelibird, you were a phenomenal IC. Thank you for guiding us newbies through this game. More or less, but mostly less, intact. :P
CancerBottle
CancerBottle
Goon
CancerBottle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by CancerBottle »

Meji Fan wrote:Sorry for latching onto you Snow White, I really was convinced you were scum up until the last day when I was mildly torn between you and CDB

I hope I didnt put you off Mafia

And Im still curious why I got NKed
Ah tunnel vision. :x

Dido to Meji's second question.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:07 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Meji Fan wrote:And Im still curious why I got NKed
Easy. You were nightkilled because the scum thought they could hang Snow White out to dry for it, and nearly succeeded.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I hope I'll get to play with some of you again.
#greenshirtthursdays
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:41 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last Post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”