alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:30 am

Post by alexhans »

Mod:
Broomhead hasn't posted on site since Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:34 pm...

But you DID receive a pm confirmation?
I'm back...
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:35 am

Post by GIEFF »

First off, I'm going to list the questions I have asked people that have not yet been answered, so they don't' get lost in the (increasing) noise.
  1. Post 50:
    Mastin
    , are you still happy with your vote for BM?
  2. Post 50:
    Sens
    , I take it your vote for jammer is semi-random OMGUS, and has little to do with my or Kairyuu's reasons for voting him. Is that correct?
  3. Post 120: Independent of your feelings about alex, do YOU think Mastin is town,
    Battle Mage
    ? Your previous posts seem to indicate otherwise, yet you claim alex KNOWS Mastin is town. Are you so sure alex is scum that you are willing to carry that assumption to the second level, guessing others' alignment through the prism of alex-scum?
---------
alexhans wrote:I actually though that Steph was town for a great part of that game. That's why I wont be hard set on Mastin town. But right now, I don't feel the case on him is enough. I think it's more of a reflex of accusing the most talkative player in the game.
I have a question for you, alex. You attacked Benmage for jumping on the Mastin wagon, without a good reason, right? Yet at that time (Post 94), Benmage had already given a reason for his vote, in Post 90. But I myself didn't give any explanation whatsoever about my Mastin vote until Post 107. You now claim that you think the Mastin wagon has little reasoning behind it, but why did you focus on attacking Benmage (who had given reasoning for his vote at the time), and yet ignore me (who had not)?

alexhans wrote:
GIEFF wrote: Then why are you so sure Mastin is town that you freak out when he gets 4 votes? That is inconsistent.
No GIEFF. I NEVER called mastin town. I just said that he doesn't seem town to me and that I don't like the cases on him.
Bandwagons and pressure are good, no? Mastin is FAR from a lynch, no? So when you defend him so strongly, it leads me to believe that you think he is very likely to be town. If you think there is a chance he is scum, why would you risk de-railing a wagon that could cause scum-Mastin (or one of his buddies) to give up some info? If you do NOT think that he is very likely town, then attempting to de-rail his wagon becomes even scummier.

FOS alexhans

---------------

alexhans wrote:Sicilian Mafia:
VP Baltar QT wrote:Sensfan might be a good kill. I don't know him, but I think he is a skillful player--seems well known around the site.
This shoots down camn's "integrity" theory, which seemed awfully contrived.

Camn, do you still want to leave the door open for a return to VP Baltar for these reasons, or will you take a firmer stand?
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:41 am

Post by jammer »

SensFan wrote: I vote for who I think is Scum. That's it, that's all.
If you have any doubts about my ability to read with my gut, ask GIEFF.
No need to question this, I know you can't read with your gut. Only one person that can comfirm your "ability"?
alexhans wrote:Jammer. I sense agressivenes... Haven't we got the game moving with that topic?
Nope, we haven't. I've seen nothing usefull coming from it. And no it did not get the game moving at all. Show me where it did. You sense agressiveness, only thing I did was stating facts. Do you have anything to hide, that bare facts are aggresive, are coming close?
alexhans wrote:My intention was never to lynch someone using meta. My inention was to get the game moving with some rather serious accussations so people could start arguing, siding, reacting, retorting, etc, etc.
Post 94, you said.
alexhans wrote:You suggest we ignore the kill?
This question suggests to me ignoring the kill is bad. And that you weight more on it then just a RVS replacer.
If you just want to get the game moving with it, then why question me about being against it when the game already started without it.
alexhans wrote:dude... I NEVER Said it was STUPID. EVER. And the fact that you're saying I did it multiple times annoys me big time. To assume that there's 3 or 2. Seeing how a lot of players seem to agree one 3 that's a big probability. I just DONT WANT us to lure in a false sense of security assuming that there can on only be 3 scum.
alexhans wrote:Excuse me? Why not?
alexhans wrote:No is not. Why is 3 mislynches unbalanced? Town should find scum... 3 day should be lylo if town sucks that much...
alexhans wrote:Don't be so sure.

DO NOT DISCARD 4 scumteam. It may bite us in the ass if we mislynch thrice.
Implying they are to fast and didn't overthink a scumteam existing out of 4. Excuse me for even linking that to stupid.
alexhans wrote:What's the HUDE deal with nk speculation then? Also, Note that I said that futher NK would not be useful because they will be probably covered with WIFOM but I think the n0 kill allows a reason...

Did scum knew that the RVS was gonna be avoided like that? if not... why would they think of wifom?
1) NK-speculation distracts
2) Multiple scum, what if they interact and make the whole kill more complicated.
3) The wifom aspect, it wasn't a normal kill to start with. So they didn't think about wifom? Also refering to DDDs post 115.
4) It did not get us out of RVS stage.
5) As you ignored question posed earlier, I assume noone has ever founded arguments out of it, to catch scum with it.
Can we stop now about the discussion with meta N0 kills?
You talked about how it isn't useless. But don't who the suspects would be according to it.

Alex, one question. If you didn't see any reason why Mastin was voted. And scum would be jumping on the wagon if they didn't already. Why warn them the Mastin-wagon has no reasenable arguments instead of looking who blindly follows?
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:47 am

Post by alexhans »

GIEFF wrote:I have a question for you, alex. [...]
Benmage was mainly the waterdrop that overflowed the glass. I wasn't a fan of any of your reasonings but a 4th vote that took advantage of the tendency made me really suspicious of the whole waggon.
GIEFF wrote: Bandwagons and pressure are good, no? Mastin is FAR from a lynch, no? So when you defend him so strongly, it leads me to believe that you think he is very likely to be town. If you think there is a chance he is scum, why would you risk de-railing a wagon that could cause scum-Mastin (or one of his buddies) to give up some info? If you do NOT think that he is very likely town, then attempting to de-rail his wagon becomes even scummier.
From experience when there's a big waggon like Mastin's then people start thinking he is a viable lynch and tend to forget about other people.
I think that there is a chance of EVERYONE to be scum... That doesn't mean I cant try to derail a waggon if I feel like it doesn't help town.
I can see why you would think that. BUt it's wrong. I was amazingly annoyed that a waggon formed around the player who got the game going. I felt it was a scummy waggon to remove a pro-town player.
How many times do I have to say this? I don't think mastin is scum from what I have so far and I feel that the reasons for voting him are suspicious.

And, as always, those of us who POST and are active will get fosed, voted, whatever... that proves my point exactly. That it's easier for scum to just let things flow and wait for others to post until someone may be shown as scummy.
I'm back...
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:50 am

Post by GIEFF »

jammer wrote:Why warn them the Mastin-wagon has no reasenable arguments instead of looking who blindly follows?
Does this mean that YOU think the Mastin-wagon has no reasonable arguments, or were you just speaking through alex's point-of-view?
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:51 am

Post by alexhans »

jammer wrote:Can we stop now about the discussion with meta N0 kills?
You talked about how it isn't useless. But don't who the suspects would be according to it.
jammer... there's scum in this game that KNOW the actual motives behind the kill... listening to speculations COULD help us at some point. There's always the chance of a slip or a scummy statement.
jammer wrote: Alex, one question. If you didn't see any reason why Mastin was voted. And scum would be jumping on the wagon if they didn't already. Why warn them the Mastin-wagon has no reasenable arguments instead of looking who blindly follows?
Am I not doing that?
I'm back...
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:58 am

Post by jammer »

GIEFF wrote:
jammer wrote:Why warn them the Mastin-wagon has no reasenable arguments instead of looking who blindly follows?
Does this mean that YOU think the Mastin-wagon has no reasonable arguments, or were you just speaking through alex's point-of-view?
Speaking from Alex POV.
tbh, I don't think the Mastin-case is very strong.
alexhans wrote:Am I not doing that?
You did the opposite, and warned them.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:27 am

Post by Yaw »

alexhans wrote:
Mod:
Broomhead hasn't posted on site since Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:34 pm...

But you DID receive a pm confirmation?
Everyone confirmed, yes. Keep in mind it's still only the second day this game has been open. I'll remind him of its existence tonight.
Success breeds suspicion
alexhans
alexhans
Mafia Scum
alexhans
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:51 am

Post by alexhans »

Thanks Yaw... I know. I just wanted to know if he had been active on site or not. But that clears it.
I'm back...
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:04 pm

Post by Yaw »

broomhead has been given a reminder of this game's existence.
Success breeds suspicion
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I need to catch up.

Expect my posting level to be lower than normal on the weekends.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

alexhans wrote:Japanese Mafia:
DDD wrote:Anyways, here's the list of people in the game with us removed and the people I want to keep around removed as well. Feel free to repost the list removing players you want to keep around so we can figure out who we want to kill on N0.
Pablo QT wrote:I have only played with one of them and it's an ongoing game, so I am little help here. I've seen some SensFan play before and could go for him as the kill on night 0.
later... DDD just states his proposal.
DDD wrote:Anyways, here's my proposal for N0...

Kill: Zilla
Block: Benmage
So I don't have a clue if there's a motive or if it's just random. But I clearly remembered the sensfan kill speculation and motives by people in BOTH scumteams.
Hmm, maybe I wasn't as explicit as I thought I was in strategy there but the purpose of that kill was definitely to get rid of a player with no known connection to any of us. To suggest that scum only kill players they know or respect/fear simply isn't correct and such analysis is quite myopic.

V/LA until late Sunday.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:24 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
Cephrir wrote:@DDD: Fair enough, it's contradictory. But does that really matter?
Yes, I’m inherently suspicious of anyone who either fails to take a stance or tries to make multiple stances because both of those are the easiest ways to make sure you’re never wrong or always partially right thus just slipping into the background.
Battle Mage wrote:
Alex Hans wrote:also, in addition to Mastin's following post I would tell you to look at Sensfan's death on n0 in Mafia 91. Not random.

Mastin has a very good point when he says that n0 kills are very probably not random.
Very good point? It isnt brain surgery, pal. What scumgroup kills randomly?

The flaw you have is, that any motive you give to a scumkill is automatically WIFOM. Thus, no conclusion you can draw from the kills can make a strong case.
Agreed. Ironically, Alex mentions M91 as solid reason for NK speculation, noting that Sens’ N0 death wasn’t random. Except the other scum group, which I was a part of, removed everyone we played with from the player list and then randomly killed from that list N0 as to throw off townies trying to do this exact kind of speculation. BM’s last two sentences perfectly sum up my opinion on this matter.
Out of sheer interest, rather than any game relevance, have you got a link to this process taking place? Like in a quicktopic or whatever? :)

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:35 am

Post by Battle Mage »

GIEFF wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Alex wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Vote Mastin
OK... WTF? BENMAGE??? YOU ARE CLEARLY JUMPING ON MASTIN WAGGON... IT'S REALLY SCUMMY YES! IM FURIOUS (HENCE THE CAPS). I LIKE MASTIN. HE HELPS TOWN. HE MAY BE SCUM BUT THERE ARE NO LEADS THAT INDICATE THAT RIGHT NOW.
Damnit bro. Could you BE any more transparent? I'm intrigued to hear what Mastin makes of this. You quite clearly KNOW that Mastin is town, because you wouldnt defend your buddy like this. What i dont understand is the passion behind it. Are you and Mastin a couple irl?
OK WTF BATTLE MAGE???? YOU ARE CLEARLY STARTING A BENMAGE WAGGON.
Lmao, this doesnt really make sense, but i assume it's designed as a parody?
GIEFF wrote: Independent of your feelings about alex, do YOU think Mastin is town, Battle Mage? Your previous posts seem to indicate otherwise, yet you claim alex KNOWS Mastin is town.
Mastin's behaviour was vaguely scummy, but given how much he posts, and his general meta, not really lynch-worthy. Alex's reaction to him was far scummier, and doesnt make sense with them as scumbuddies. Taking the assumption Alex is scum (which is the assumption i am making if i want him lynched), Mastin is almost certainly town. Of course, if Alex turns out to be town, this condition is no longer met, and Mastin can be looked at again.
Gieff wrote: Are you so sure alex is scum that you are willing to carry that assumption to the second level, guessing others' alignment through the prism of alex-scum?
haha, you make it sound so scary. I'm capable of thinking 2 moves ahead, if thats what you're actually asking. ;)
At the very least, we want an Alex claim here.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:44 am

Post by VP Baltar »

BattleMage wrote:At the very least, we want an Alex claim here.
What do you think the results of this forced claim would be?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:00 am

Post by Cephrir »

^Pwned.

Will read up later.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:34 am

Post by Battle Mage »

alexhans wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Alex Hans

Serious vote. Serious wagon required.

BM
:roll:
I'm sensing bullshit coming my way... The fact that you left mastin's waggon to the one who is "defending him" is noted.
Again, you consistently assume he is town. If you're a cop, you should claim now, and save us some time.
Alex wrote:
Battle Mage wrote: Nah, i disagree. Jammer can be Jammer. SpyreX can be Spyrex. Kairyuu can be Kairyuu. Hasdgfas can be Has. Cephrir can be Cephrir. You can be Lynchbait.
It is a way to organize things so it's easier to make searchs afterwards. Has is not a good short form, at all. Hasd is better in that case but hascow is just 2 letters longer and that joke is NOT funny because you seem intent in pulling it off.
Lol, it wouldnt be funny if i didnt actually want you dead. And if im not willing to put my money where my mouth is, i wont be a great asset to the town now, will i? :P

Hasdgfas is fine for a short form. Alot of the players here i dont even know. You asking everyone to abbreviate their names, is immensely unhelpful.
Lynchbait wrote:
BM wrote: The flaw you have is, that any motive you give to a scumkill is automatically WIFOM. Thus, no conclusion you can draw from the kills can make a strong case.
*sigh*
You all seem to be ignoring my words... argumenting about a kill is NOT definite to finding scum. But it can provide a base from where to start. Why is people so unconfortable around this idea? WHy are YOU so against it? Because it signaled you as posible player?
Yep, i've never made any attempt to deny that it seems scummier from my perspective, because i know that the conclusion of such a policy will NOT result in a scum lynch. So of course there is an element of OMGUS. But anyone can see that it is logically flawed, and you yourself must realise that with people like you tailing Mastin like a lost little puppy dog, the rest of us are BOUND to be edgy about craplogic actually leading somewhere.
Also, argumenting isnt a word. Bet you wish i'd ignored that. ;)
Alex wrote: I'm usually told that setup-speculation is bad, but here we are, wondering how many scum there is and no one has said anything there was anything wrong about it.
Because it's totally and utterly, IRRELEVANT. Commenting on the number of scum we might have on Day 1, is the most pointless exercise i can imagine. Maybe look at it lately, and by all means, err on the side of caution, but your attempts to bully everyone into believing there are 4 scum, when there is no way in hell you could know that as town, have not gone unnoticed by me. What annoys me is, i cant even see a logical reason to make that argument as scum, unless you are just deliberately out to mislead at every turn, or you wanna get your chips in quick, so you can later cry "I told ya so!"
Alex wrote: What's the HUDE deal with nk speculation then? Also, Note that I said that futher NK would not be useful because they will be probably covered with WIFOM but I think the n0 kill allows a reason...
I dunno how much clearer i can be. You're wrong. Please stop wasting everybody's time.
Alex wrote: Did scum knew that the RVS was gonna be avoided like that? if not... why would they think of wifom?
What is the obsession with the RVS about? It's like you portray it as something bad, when in reality, it serves us just fine. Granted, this conversation has induced discussion, but if it wasnt for Mastin, you wouldnt be in this position right now. Maybe you should think again as to whether his plan was quite so good. :P

Personally speaking, i only left the RVS with my vote for you. I expect the vast majority are still there, because you dont have anywhere near enough votes.
Alex wrote:
BM wrote: It's really wierd how you are desperate to push the 4 scum theory, but it is in the interests of the town anyway to promote cautiousness.
Ok... this kind of posts always scream scummy to me. This is called SOFT-PUSHING or SOFT-IMPLYING or whatever. You agree with me in the quid of the matter but still call me "weird" for it. Weird is used when you want others to think... oh...
if it's weird it must be scummy...
Uncool tactic.
Pure, unadulterated OMGUS. It's probably the one nice comment i made about you. If you wanna have a strop about it, knock yourself out. :D

Ask any other player here if they find your consistent protests about the number of scum wierd, and every single one (probably even your buddies, if they have any sense) will agree with me.

You're just squirming now. lol
Squirmy Scumbag wrote:
BM wrote: What's with all the rhetorical questions??
I know SF has a strong personality. I'm just testing the waters. What's wrong with them, anyway? are you just adding fluff to an otherwise lame case?
I'm pointing out that you arent really acting in a protown manner. Rhetorical questions are a classic method of persuasion-you arent trying to find scum, you are trying to make someone look scummier than they actually are. You do it again here. You're trying to come across as an aggressive townie, but it's pretty apparent that it is just a front.
Alex wrote:
BM wrote:
Alex Hans wrote:
VP Baltar wrote: The kill would be most likely to come from someone who knows hascow. Furthermore, I believe that a senior player on the scum team would have more sway and would help direct the kill toward someone like hascow, as opposed to someone a newer person might be more inclined to kill based on overall site rep alone.
I agree with this.
Convenient? Whats your relationship with Hasdgfas?
I'd appreciate if you read what I said a long time ago before asking that SAME question.
Alexhans FIRST post wrote:I've played with Hascow before and he was not a very active scum player... at least in that game. Maybe it was because the town had 80 % of lynchable material (Empking, Zwets, Dejkha, Wall-e and Hewitt). Anyway... If I had to kill... knowing there were no protections whatsoever... I would've killed... sensfan? Mastin?
someone random that I don't know?
Probably I wouldn't have had a voice in a scumteam....
Lmfao.
Confirm Vote: Alex

You cant seriously try and tell me that you believe this Mastin bullcrap is consistent with your own confession-that you might have killed someone random who you dont know? xD
Alex wrote: 2) I say that I would probably have no voice on a scumteam so that means that there's no kill that could rule me out or make me townier because it wouldnt probably be my choice.
Aww, arent you CUTE! :P
So modest. *pinches cheek*
Alex wrote:
BM wrote: Trying to appear pro-town, whilst not actually saying anything.
BM... you're really starting to annoy me and you're really starting to look like trying to fake a case instead of actually scumhunting.
Admittedly, sometimes i do that. I get fixated on someone, and go a little overboard. But, i'm feelin pretty happy with my vote atm. :D
Alex wrote: I said the whole healthy thing to avoid a Sensfan flame up for nothing. We are not going to lynch him, you or whoever just for a nk theory.
Haha, dont kid yourself bro. YOU aren't going to lynch ME, full stop. :D
Alex wrote:
BM wrote:
Possibly the least intelligent thing i have ever read. ^

Why coach Zach? And who is Steph?
^ Possibly the less useless comment I've ever heard.
Please have the courtesy of quoting the entire backlog of conversation. I have a life outside of the game, and making me go back and read extra every time i come on, is not very friendly.

Ftr, i do apologise if i offended you on a personal level. I just get really annoyed when people say stuff that is clearly wrong. When i disagree with you, just back down, and we'll get on fine. *hugs*
Alex wrote: If you had meta-ed me... you would find that I usually try to coach everyone into playing in a way wich I think is the optimal way... I may be mistaken but it's what I think is good. A player can take it or leave it.
Got a link for me here?
Alex wrote:
BM wrote: In any case, my vote was not without reason. Mastin came right out of the gate pushing an argument that was not only completely illogical, but was also likely to lead to the lynch of AT LEAST 1, and possibly 3 or 4, townies. What do you expect me to do?
Ok. I didnt take it that seriously but I guess it's somewhat valid to vote for him. But... would you lynch him for it?
If i intended to lynch him for it, you'd think i'd still be voting for him now, no?
Alex wrote:
BM wrote: Active and great player, as he may be, it doesnt mean he is town
I know
BM wrote:, or worth keeping around.
I wouldn't be so sure about that as I've explained before.
I guess if your argument is that he will be readable later in the game, then yes, there is merit to keeping him around. But that isnt what you said. By that token, you should be voting for VP Baltar. I seem to recall you saying that he was unreadable.
Alex wrote:
BM wrote:Nor does it make people who are suspicious of him, automatically scummy.
No, BUT, I think one may always sense if a vote is forced or not. Benmage's vote, for example, sounded forced to me.
Benmage seems ok to me.
Alex wrote:
BM wrote: The only way you can claim that Mastin destroyed the RVS, is if you assume that he is scum, and/or the wagon on him is legitimate. You don't seem to believe this, thus you cannot claim that we have left the RVS.
what??? I don't follow your logic that the only way in wich RVS was destroyed is if mastin is scum... Could you rephrase it in a way a 5 year old could understand?
Ok. In terms of votes, what Mastin achieved, instead of a random selection of reasonless votes, was a wagon on himself. Now, if you dont think that wagon was legit, then effectively, we are no better off than we would have been with the random stage. If you believe Mastin has destroyed the RVS, then you are, by definition, acknowledging that the wagon on Mastin is valuable, and most probably, that he is scum.
Alex wrote:
BM wrote:How many times have you played with Mastin? I've gotta admit, he strikes me as the kinda guy who probably attracts more attention than he deserves, not the other way around. Why then, should it be wierd that he would get that attention here. In a game of this size, a 3rd vote is nothing, yet you appear to have shat a brick.
Is it because Mastin is your scumchum, or more likely, because he is town, who you feel can be manipulated?
woah... Loaded questions... (Bolded for emphasis)
"Are you scum because of A or are you scum because of B?"
Brain explodes...
Ugh, awkward. I actually giggled out loud when i read this. *facepalm*
Alex wrote: 1) I know it's wifom but thinking I would defend a scumpartner on D1 with such a great enthusiasm is underestimating me. Greatly.
2) While this is not totally unthinkable. I know that defending a player doens't help to go unnoticed and you may get heat for it (like YOUR F%&% senseless Vote!). I've learned that scum is safer being mild on the first stages of the game and then attacking with "great" and "bombastic" cases faking conviction. Also, I DONT think Mastin is so easyly influenciable. And why would I feel the need to manipulate him when he is throwing flowers in my direction before I do?
1. I know. If it makes you feel better, ive concluded that this probably isnt the case.
2. Maybe you dont want to manipulate him. Maybe you just really want to keep him alive. Who doesnt love flowers? ;)
Alex wrote: btw, BM, when did you stop beating your wife?
When she got a restraining order. How the f*** did you know about that?!?!? :shock:
Alex wrote:
BM wrote:Thats funny, because you did the exact same thing with Mastin, and myself. The only difference is, it appears you were being serious
Oh... so you were joking? :? that explains your sudden change to an Alexhans vote...
It wasnt a complete joke. But it wasnt a vote i was intending to keep for long without any more developments. :P

BM wrote: Can you please explain the bit in bold?
"If you dont Help Dont criticize"
there's a way to critic constructively that has an intended goal. There's another that only creates violence. We should avoid the latter. This is a game after all and I don't want to get worked up like I did before. Flaming me to get reactions is not a valid recourse. I will just ignore you and I advise anyone else to do the same. Let's play, inspect, scumhunt, retort and all that jazz... but keep up the positiviness so we can make it an enjoyable experience.[/quote]

*nods*
Alex wrote:
BM wrote: Damnit bro. Could you BE any more transparent? I'm intrigued to hear what Mastin makes of this. You quite clearly KNOW that Mastin is town, because you wouldnt defend your buddy like this. What i dont understand is the passion behind it. Are you and Mastin a couple irl?
So... what I get from this is...
1) You've JUST STATED Mastin is town by saying I KNOW mastin is town.
2) You think I'm scum buddying up to mastin (fail, you're more plain than I am for thinking that a defense means someone is scum).
1. Its an assumption im making, based on the premise that you are scum.
2. You admitted above that defending someone looks scummy. Ive been nailed for it in the past, so if you're town, you have my sympathy. But, your buddying is based on nothing, and is completely illogical. You've basically decided he is town off the bat, and then used that claim to lead your suspicions.
Alex wrote:
BM wrote: Maybe if you quit whinging and listen to the points against Mastin with an open mind, you might fare better in the game.
I don't understand you... You accuse me of buddying a TOWN mastin but then you coach me to open my mind?
If you're town, you should see what i see. Or thats how i view things anyway. :P

Will reply to the rest later, when i have more time.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:13 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Battlemage wrote:If you're a cop, you should claim now, and save us some time.
First, this is a mountainous set up. There are only goons and vanilla. Second, if we did have powerroles, this is a horrible idea and is blatantly you rolefishing.

Unvote, Vote: Battle Mage
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:15 am

Post by GIEFF »

Battle Mage wrote:
GIEFF wrote:
Are you so sure alex is scum that you are willing to carry that assumption to the second level, guessing others' alignment through the prism of alex-scum?

haha, you make it sound so scary. I'm capable of thinking 2 moves ahead, if thats what you're actually asking. Wink
At the very least, we want an Alex claim here.
It IS scary. The last time I saw somebody make nested assumptions like that, he was scum. It's much easier for scum to pretend to look a step ahead, because they are ALREADY SURE of the first step (i.e. sure of player 1's alignment, so they pretend to use that assumption to make "guesses" about others' alignments, whereas townies would NOT make these nested assumptions so readily, especially not so early in the game). Sensfan may remember mykonian doing this in (Mini 738):
mykonian wrote:Panzers townyness is now only implied by you being scum.

And I think you would agree that you are saying Mastin's towniness is
only
implied by alex being scum, no? Please correct that assumption if it is wrong. You have said nothing positive about Mastin, yet you are suddenly completely convinced he is town, just because alex defended him so strongly? I don't buy it.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:55 am

Post by camn »

GIEFF wrote:This shoots down camn's "integrity" theory, which seemed awfully contrived.

Camn, do you still want to leave the door open for a return to VP Baltar for these reasons, or will you take a firmer stand?
I have been looking forward to playing with you again! Now I remember why.

1) that does NOT shoot down my theory... until I examine the playerlist of said game. If there is no one VP thinks hurts the game on it.. then It still stands!

but

2) I will not pursue VP on those grounds again. It was a good enough theory for a FIRST POST non-random vote.. but not good enough for much else.

UNVOTE

I follow this alex-bm battle with interest.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:39 am

Post by GIEFF »

If it doesn't shoot down your theory, why won't you pursue VP on those grounds? Just to appease me? If you think your theory may be valid, and your goal is to catch scum, why would you drop it simply because I do NOT think it is valid?

And while I appreciate the compliment, that's the second time you've made a buddying statement to me, and you have also made one toward Battle Mage. Scummy, scummy, scummy. I'm not here to make friends.

Happy birthday!
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:34 am

Post by camn »

A) I told you why I wont use it. It is weaksauce.

B) I >AM < here to make friends. :) Check my meta if you want to build a case on those grounds.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
GIEFF
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
GIEFF
Internet Superstar
Internet Superstar

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by GIEFF »

camn wrote:Check my meta if you want to build a case on those grounds.

• Mini 803 - you were scum. Oddly enough, you actually attack people more than once for buddying up, but do no buddying at all yourself. In fact, you are actually pretty abrasive, calling people poor players.

You did buddy once, though,
    to town-porkens

• Open 188 - You were my scumbuddy. You didn't know a lot of people, but weren't abrasive, and buddied up to ME, your scumbuddy. Actually, my moniker comes from your buddying in this post, which is part of why I am suspicious of you doing it again.

• Saving Nasubi - You were town. You were abrasive. I don't see any buddying in this game, but if I missed some, let me know.

• Open 122 - You were town, and a bit abrasive initially. I don't see any buddying in this game, but if I missed some, let me know.

• Mini 771 - You were town. No buddying I can see. Mildly abrasive.

• Medeival mafia - you were town. Mildly abrasive. Buddying to Korejora. Buddying towards Xyl. Possibly more buddying, as I didn't check all 10 pages.

By abrasive, I sort of mean the opposite of buddying (i.e. you are NOT playing to make friends), and by buddying, I mean giving compliments that are not directly game-related.

So I'd say that buddying is more consistent with your scum-meta than your town-meta, wouldn't you?
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by camn »

No, I wouldn't.
YOU sir, are starting to reek of selective-reading here.

First off.. in Mini 803, everyone there actually WERE my buddies! So I buddy them all!

Our game (Open 188) .. that was brilliant, wasn't it! When I flipped, nobody suspected you!
You were brilliant that game. there is no doubting it.

Now, my town games......
Let me point out whom I buddied with in each game.. and PLEASE explain to me why you are only noticing in my scum games?

Saving Nasubi -Everyone..
DGB, I am going to allow you a LITTLE bit of soft-claiming... but that is because I like you.
YOu know I will lynch you, right Zwet? I like you, but that doesn't mean you need to live.
Tenchi.. I am going to do my best to run you up to a lynch.....
PS.. I like your picture. :)
And thats only, like 2/3 of the way through!

Open 122 -Spyrex.. mostly
Anyway, I hope Spyrex gets into this game more. I was thinking about him last night, that I have enjoyed playing with him in the past.
SpyreX - Town who I love.
VP Balthar comes out like a good replacement. I think town. If he is scum, we will see a scum-win, I think.
Mini 771- Incog, though I was only alive one day! Plus I buddied the SK that killed me :(
My loyalty remains with Incog.
camn@incog wrote:You are my favorite again.
Xylthixlm is out.
Incog was right... I was annoyed. (That why I like him.. he understands me!)
Unvote : Green Crayons

You rule.
Medeival mafia - you already pointed some out. here they are for everyone else....
camn @ Xyl wrote:God you are the greatest replacement ever. This IS a total cluster.
You are my favorite player ever, as of now.

Sorry, Incog.
And trust me.. I practically MAKE OUT with Tarlahindur by the end of that game.

And to add some..
In Mini 799 (AS TOWN) -
Alexhans will attest.. I buddy VP a lot.
alexhans wrote:more camn and Baltar irrelevant chatter. They should get married...
VP Baltar wrote: awww, will you pick out my dress? Smile
alexhans wrote:Sure... But only if I get an invitation. Razz

So there. I easily found great examples of me buddying in a ton of my TOWN games..

Questions: why did you ignore these examples?
Is that not the definition of a crap-case?
Did you even read the games?

Especially knowing most people will take your word for it, and not actually hunt down the meta themselves.... I could see this working! You just got served, cuz I actually DO love everyone!
(except the people on my grudgekill list.)

Hmm.
re-
Vote : Gieff

For trying to shove a crapcase down my throat just cuz I like to be nice. :evil:
And stop calling me 'abrasive'!
I am sweet as a summer day!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”