Newbie 817 (Game over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by crazypianist1116 »

BagSquad wrote:jesus christ you people
I feel as if you don't even want to play. Critique other people's posts. You're really coming off as annoying and that will lead to a lynch.

Would post more but I'm at camp...
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Elmo »

Day 1, Vote Count #2

BagSquad (3) <- iamausername, startransmission, Vel-Rahn Koon
Jeromus <- bouchedufou
startransmission <- jeromus

Not voting: BagSquad, Halidon, crazypianist1116, Maemuki.

The
deadline
is Friday, 14th August 22:00 UTC, which is 17 days, 22 hours and 34 minutes from this post. If deadline hits, there will be No Lynch.
With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:31 pm

Post by startransmission »

If this is meant as a defense then you need to do better. If you are town, say so and stick up for yourself, don't let the mafia sit quiet as you get lynched.

I say this because as soon as momentum went against Bagsquad, this game got very very quiet. It wreaks of scum sitting on thier hands and waiting for day two.
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:57 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

The problem as I see it is, now we're pretty much back to the random stage. Very few solid leads apart from baggy, and he's not doing anything to defend himself. Therefore, I think we should ignore baggy unless he speaks up as we've still got 3 weeks to go over.

I'll
unvote
since jeromus is back online

Now what I'd like to know is why 3 people are jumping on startransmission? Anybody care to explain why they feel he's scummy?

He's also brought up quite a decent point
startransmission wrote:
BagSquad wrote:
iamausername wrote:
Unvote, Vote: BagSquad
. Based on what everyone has posted so far, he seems most likely to be scum.
>:(

Vote:
iamausername
If you're going to break out an OMGUS at least write something.

I do want to know what iamusername found especially scummy about your earlier posts though.
I'd like to know too.

Of course, if baggy turns out to be innocent and startranny (sorry, couldn't resist :p) is mafia, I'm gonna be on the chopping block next, aren't I?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:54 am

Post by iamausername »

startransmission wrote: I say this because as soon as momentum went against Bagsquad, this game got very very quiet. It wreaks of scum sitting on thier hands and waiting for day two.
I think it's more like people were waiting to see what BagSquad had to say for himself. Also one person is being replaced, so we probably can't expect to hear much from him. And the weekends are usually pretty quiet.

Anyway, if you think this, why are you still voting for him?
bouchedufou wrote:
startransmission wrote:I do want to know what iamusername found especially scummy about your earlier posts though.
I'd like to know too.
Do I really need to spell it out? There weren't any earlier posts from BagSquad. I said that, based on the posts made at the time, BagSquad was the most suspicious, because he hadn't posted yet. None of the people who had posted had done anything suspicious enough to make them scummier than the guy who was not posting. That's all.

Maemuki, I'm not sure if you misread the question in my last post or missed it entirely or what, but I would like to know specifically what you are thinking about bouchedufou at the moment.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:31 am

Post by Elmo »

Starbuck replaces Halidon. Thanks!

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:35 am

Post by Starbuck »

Hello everyone, I'm Starbuck! I'm replacing Halidon. I think I know two people out of everyone here, it's great to see some fresh new faces! So hello to you all and welcome to Mafiascum!

I love all the delightful advice that I've seen on my read-through! My bit to add is instead of typing your post up in the reply area. Use notepad and then you can edit in the BBcode and make it how you like.

On Halidon, my predecessor

He only joined the site on 19 July. And I don't think he realized that iamausername was replying to bouchedufou when he wrote this:
Halidon wrote:
iamausername wrote:Do you think it would be helpful for me to claim now?

Vote: Halidon

This vote is not random.
How so indeed? And what is the purpose of you claiming so early in the game when no one is in danger of being lynched yet? Do you care to explain?
It also seems that crazypianist didn't see this either. It has nothing to do with his being an SE, he was asking the question of bouchedufou, who believes that a random vote should lead to a claim for some reason.

bouchedufou

Why would you think a random vote would lead to a claim? It would be random, if you just chose someone. You didn't.

You said this:
bouchedufou wrote:Yippee! Started!

So this is a random vote to get the guy to claim?

vote- iamausernam

Now what happens?
You said, in more or less words, that you want this person to claim, therefore making your random vote, a non-random vote. Your statement can be taken as you are scum and want to know what username's role is so you know whether or not he's worth it to vote for or NK.

Have you read all the introductory pages in the Wiki or even glanced over a few of the completed Newbie games? You may want to just to get a feel for how things are played here.

You are also bouncing around your votes quite a bit. You need to be careful of that, it's normally typical of scum to bounce around on different wagons.

Also, why do you feel like we are back at the random stage? We have gotten quite a bit of information, even over the last few pages. You don't seem to understand why people think that startransmission is scummy, have you read over their posts where they say why? We are only on page 3 and it's not that hard to go back and re-read.

starttransmission

I agree with you that being aggressive is pro-town, but it's when that aggressiveness starts turning into over-aggressiveness that some people may start to grow some suspicion of you.

BagSquad
startransmission wrote:
BagSquad wrote:
iamausername wrote:
Unvote, Vote: BagSquad
. Based on what everyone has posted so far, he seems most likely to be scum.
>:(

Vote:
iamausername
If you're going to break out an OMGUS at least write something.

I do want to know what iamusername found especially scummy about your earlier posts though.
The above was asked of you, which is answered with this?

BagSquad wrote:I completely forgot this website existed, to be honest. I don't even lurk (and yes I am dangerous don't fuck with me bro).

Also, I'm still keeping my vote for iamausername, because he is mean, and talks a lot. Sounds like scum to me.
On top of it all, to find out that you "don't even lurk" because you never actually played/completed a game here bothers me.

Also, posts like this, won't help your case.
I'm thinking that Bag is probably town. Just like Vel brought up earlier about the game he signed up for in December, he doesn't seem to care. I really dislike lurkers and those who post zero content.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:40 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

I'm with the majority here. Bag has had questions asked of him, and we get post 49. If you're town, you're a Mafia's wet dream.

Mod: Can we get a forced replacement if this keeps up?

I'm guessing the answer is no, but it can't hurt to ask. We have 2.5 weeks left, and I'd rather see an active player in that role than what we have now.

I'm writing a test for tomorrow, so not a whole lot for now. I'll be back tomorrow after reading again during the exam proctoring.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:52 pm

Post by Maemuki »

Whoops - sorry iamausername. Completely missed it.
I don't have a defined opinion on him. He seems a bit suspicious, but he isn't the major problem on my book...yet. We'll have to wait and see. Maybe the next posts will have more clues...

BagSquad is seriously getting me annoyed, really. No defense whatsoever. Makes no sense whatsoever. I agree with the replacement idea.

Yeah. Sorry for not writing a lot, I'm just a bit confused, is all.
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:40 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

Why would you think a random vote would lead to a claim? It would be random, if you just chose someone. You didn't.

You said this:

bouchedufou wrote:
Yippee! Started!

So this is a random vote to get the guy to claim?

vote- iamausernam

Now what happens?

You said, in more or less words, that you want this person to claim, therefore making your random vote, a non-random vote. Your statement can be taken as you are scum and want to know what username's role is so you know whether or not he's worth it to vote for or NK.
Sorry, like I explained before, I got confused because the game I watched was on a different site and themed (vampires or something), and for some reason I thought you were supposed to claim. I have read the main guide now though, and some other stuff.
You are also bouncing around your votes quite a bit. You need to be careful of that, it's normally typical of scum to bounce around on different wagons.
I'm not bouncing my votes around- the first one I didn't really know what I was supposed to do, the second one I was trying to get Jeromus to respond. And once he did and explained himself, I unvoted him. No other votes. After that, I was careful not to vote too often, despite my suspicions of Baggy.

The reason I think we're now back to the random stage is because personally I don't think we have much info so far. I have in fact read over all 3 pages just now, and about the only criticism on Startrannie is that he's aggressive. I don't feel that to be very suspicious.

Oddly enough, now that I've read over everything, I appear to be the most suspicious, lol. Firstly, because when I voted jeromus (because he hadn't posted then, apart from the first one) Startrannie had already voted for jeromus (in the random vote stage). In my defense, that was an accident, I didn't read up that time, and missed the first vote. Secondly, because I now seem to be defending Startrannie.

To be clear- I'm not saying Startrannie isn't mafia or anything, it's just that I don't think his aggression is suspicious. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all the suspicions so far are a matter of 'in my last game the mafia were aggressive/acting like you'.

What I'd like to know, Starbuck, is why did you bring up Halidon?

Btw, thanks for that tip of copying and pasting from word. Certainly makes reading over easier. Now why didn't I think of that before? lol
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:48 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I think that Startransmission asked that you not call him that.

I brought up Halidon because I replaced him.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:26 am

Post by iamausername »

Starbuck wrote:I'm thinking that Bag is probably town.
This seems like an odd conclusion to draw. I can see the possibility that he'd be acting as he has regardless of alignment, but I certainly don't see how his behaviour could be a
town
tell.

jeromus! What do you think of VRK?
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:47 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

bouchedufou wrote:The problem as I see it is, now we're pretty much back to the random stage. Very few solid leads apart from baggy, and he's not doing anything to defend himself. Therefore, I think we should ignore baggy unless he speaks up as we've still got 3 weeks to go over.

How is ignoring him going to help? If he's town, he's not helping us win the game and he's not living up to his win condition. If he's scum, you're giving him a free pass. Ignoring him is the worst thing we can do. Bag either needs to answer the questions asked of him, or get replaced so we can have someone in there who is willing to, you know,
play the game

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:50 am

Post by Starbuck »

iamausername wrote:
Starbuck wrote:I'm thinking that Bag is probably town.
This seems like an odd conclusion to draw. I can see the possibility that he'd be acting as he has regardless of alignment, but I certainly don't see how his behaviour could be a
town
tell.

jeromus! What do you think of VRK?
Let me emphasize that sentence again.

I'm
thinking
that Bag is
probably
town.

I never said it was a town tell, please don't put words in my mouth. I'd greatly appreciate it.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:21 am

Post by iamausername »

I don't understand. How do you think he is probably town if his behaviour is not a town tell?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:54 am

Post by Starbuck »

Did you not read the history that VRK has provided or even looked him up yourself? I am just thinking that it's inexperience.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:55 am

Post by Starbuck »

At this point, I'd rather have someone who wants to play in here and have him replaced rather than try and deal with someone who doesn't want to play at all. I'm all for a replacement.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:57 am

Post by iamausername »

Starbuck wrote:Did you not read the history that VRK has provided or even looked him up yourself? I am just thinking that it's inexperience.
No, I get that, I just don't see why it makes you think he's town. Would you expect him to be acting differently if he was scum?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:26 am

Post by Starbuck »

I'd expect him to actually give a damn either way. It's rather null to me because it's obvious that he signed up and doesn't really want to play.
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:56 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:
bouchedufou wrote:The problem as I see it is, now we're pretty much back to the random stage. Very few solid leads apart from baggy, and he's not doing anything to defend himself. Therefore, I think we should ignore baggy unless he speaks up as we've still got 3 weeks to go over.

How is ignoring him going to help? If he's town, he's not helping us win the game and he's not living up to his win condition. If he's scum, you're giving him a free pass. Ignoring him is the worst thing we can do. Bag either needs to answer the questions asked of him, or get replaced so we can have someone in there who is willing to, you know,
play the game
Maybe ignore is the wrong word, but read one of my earlier posts. I'm basically saying that until he reacts, it's pointless for us to focus on baggy. We'll be bogged down on somebody who we'll probably lynch anyway, when instead we could be examining someone else. If he replies, we should definitely pay attention, but right now? Our time would be better spent turning up the heat rather than sitting around congratulating ourselves.
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:06 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

On baggy again, I think I agree with Starbuck. Reading over Baggy's history again, it seems as if he's the kind of guy who starts and then just leaves. Of course, it's difficult to tell because he started off confirming like everyone else quite quickly. However, past that he just didn't really do anything.
The good news is that baggy has a 72hour deadline to reply, then 48 hours after that. If he doesn't, then I'd go with Starbuck in that he's a jerk who can't decide whether he can be bothered or not, plus the Mod gets us a substitute. Which doesn't mean the substitute is off the hook of course, but at least we'd get somebody who'll post a reply.

So baggy? Are you out there? If you are, please remember that deadline. If not, get him sacked already!
jeromus
jeromus
Goon
jeromus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:39 am

Post by jeromus »

Okay - Back now - 1st of all, Bouched, you fail. Not only is Starbuck's avatar a picture OF a woman, but it clearly shows that she is, indeed a chick. Stop saying "He".

Okay, anal grump over - In answer to iamausername, I don't think much of VRK, as yet. He's in the strictly neutral zone right now.

But after reading through, my claims against Startrannie are very much unsupported by logic beyond deja vu.
Unvote

Also - If anyone needs me to answer any questions - Ask them, I'm having trouble getting on a computer for long enough to reply, so giving me dot-point summaries on what you need answered would be...well, useful.

Sorry I'm a hassle! ;P Until next time - Jerom...AWAY!
You're just weird. You have so much non-related fluff, pulled a gambit that... well just baffles me. But behind that I don't think you are scum, just individual. - Cliquey to Jeromus In a player description.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:53 am

Post by Starbuck »

Jermous, Bouched was referring to Baggy in post 69, and not myself. But if it's something you caught in a different post then thank you!
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:40 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

bouchedufou wrote:
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:

play the game
Maybe ignore is the wrong word, but read one of my earlier posts. I'm basically saying that until he reacts, it's pointless for us to focus on baggy. We'll be bogged down on somebody who we'll probably lynch anyway, when instead we could be examining someone else. If he replies, we should definitely pay attention, but right now? Our time would be better spent turning up the heat rather than sitting around congratulating ourselves.

I see what you're saying, and I agree, although I don't think we're sitting around congratulating ourselves. Activity has dropped off, but I think it's because so many of us are waiting on BagSquad to either say something more than 4 words that actually resembles a defense or get replaced. So, who do you suggest we focus on, and why?

iama, I'd like to know what
you
think of Maemuki, jeromus, bouched and Starbuck. You've asked all of them questions to get a handle on alignment, and I think you owe the rest of us a good turn so we can get a handle on yours.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:04 am

Post by Elmo »

Bump!
Last edited by Elmo on Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”