Newbie 817 (Game over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:07 am

Post by Elmo »

Day 1, Vote Count #3

BagSquad (3) <- iamausername, startransmission, Vel-Rahn Koon

Not voting: BagSquad, Starbuck, crazypianist1116, Maemuki, bouchedufou, jeromus.

The
deadline
is Friday, 14th August 22:00 UTC, which is 15 days, 3 hours and 52 minutes from this post. If deadline hits, there will be No Lynch.
With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.
BagSquad has been prodded.
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:Mod: Can we get a forced replacement if this keeps up?
Nope.
Last edited by Elmo on Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:07 pm

Post by Maemuki »

Gah.
This will be potencially annoying.
I hope that BagSquad doesn't completely forget about this game.

Mod: It isn't Halidon anymore, it's Starbuck.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by Elmo »

crazypianist1116 and startransmission have been prodded.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:47 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

If Starbuck hadn't defended my honour, I may well be now writing myself into a hissy fit. But seeing as it has been pointed out, I'll just satisfy myself by saying that, if you didn't live in such a heat-stroke ridden region as Australia, and instead inhabited someplace with a decent climate such as NZ, you would have seen that I was clearly referring to Baggy. I do in fact know that Starbuck and Maemuki appear to be female.

There we go, I'm now satisfied, lol.

A Q for the
Mod
: We won't get a forced replacement, but since his last reply was
Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:16 am Post subject: 49
, if he doesn't respond at all by Sat Aug 1, 8:16 am, under the rules he'll still get replaced, right?

On another topic, @VRK: like I said, it's almost random now.

So, I'd agree and like iama to answer VRK's question
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:27 pm

Post by crazypianist1116 »

Responding to prod. I'll post tomorrow (well, within 12 or so hours that is). SOrry I haven't posted much. I was at sleep away camp and today I went to a Dream Theater Concert.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:34 pm

Post by startransmission »

Ack, I can't believe I've gotten myself prodded. My apologies, I suppose I was waiting for a response from BagSquad, and the other lines of discussion didn't provoke me to provide input. This won't happen again.

So, I guess we write off BagSquad. I'll keep my vote where it is until he is replaced. I don't really have anywhere else to put it at the moment.

Welcome Starbuck, a pleasure to have you join us.

So here is where I'm at... I agree that pursuing Bag at this point is a waste of time, but where to go from here? I wouldn't say that we are back in the random stage entirely, but we do seem to have lost direction.

I will admit I have my eye on Maemuki. There's nothing too scummy going on, it just seems all her posts recently deal with how annoying it is that Bag has dropped off the face of the earth- and nothing else, no other content. The cynical part of me wonders if she's fretting over the loss of her scumbuddy and is anxious to have a replacement. I may be making too much out of it, but it's all I really have right now.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:46 pm

Post by Maemuki »

Well. Sorry about that.

It's just that...There's nothing else going on. If there's something going on, please warn me, because I completely missed it. I don't want to get prodded, so I just post stuff about Baggy, because, that's all the clues we have right now. Besides, his play-style just downright annoys me.

Then again, sorry for that.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:53 pm

Post by Starbuck »

The thing of it all is that he doesn't even have a playstyle.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:04 pm

Post by Maemuki »

I guess you have a point there.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:08 am

Post by Elmo »

bouchedufou wrote:A Q for the
Mod
, if he doesn't respond at all by Sat Aug 1, 8:16 am, under the rules he'll still get replaced, right?
Close - if he hasn't responded 48 hours from when he was prodded, which is 4 hours from now, he'll be replaced.

Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:01 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Elmo wrote:
bouchedufou wrote:A Q for the
Mod
Close - if he hasn't responded 48 hours from when he was prodded, which is 4 hours from now, he'll be replaced.

Waiting for this and a response from iama.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:49 am

Post by Elmo »

Looking for a BagSquad replacement.

edit: hiphop replaces BagSquad. Thanks!

hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:12 pm

Post by hiphop »

First I would like to say is that I am not Bagsquad, so whatever he did to incriminate himself, don't hold it against me.
Second I wil not lurk. Unlike BagSquad, I actually mean that.

I also would like to say that I have played in theme based games(only a couple actually) on another site, so this will be my first newbie game on this site.
On the little experience I have, I have found out that when I vote for someone, they usually respond(if they want to play the game). This gives the game more activity, and that is what I want.

So my vote(right now anyways) will go to the lucky person:
Vote:iamausername
bouchedufou
bouchedufou
Townie
bouchedufou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by bouchedufou »

@hiphop: what kind of a response are you going for from iama right now? At least ask him a question.

Now I'm getting confused. Do we take what hiphop says at face value? The main accusations against baggy from what I read were:
a) unresponsive
b) replies were nonsense.

Now hiphop comes along and says he will be responsive, and try to do something. What now?
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by hiphop »

What kind of question can I ask him? That confuses me. As I said in my first post at least when I vote for someone they respond like you just did. And I believe that Vel-Rahn Koon, an experienced player, said it would be better for them to defend themselves. This is a beginner's game, so we all, besides a few, are still trying to get a hold of the game.

By the way bouchedufou, I think it would be better if you got an avatar, this way when someone is skimming the posts and are looking for someone they can find that person's post easier.

Also in the games I played in the days were only 72 hours, so there was a lot more activity.

Do you honestly believe that the person that replaced BagSquad, a completely different person, would act the same as him. Don't try to connect us. Connect me for me and not to him. One thing I can say is I am not unresponsive, since I answered your post.

And if you want me to ask a question, What are you trying to prove with your above post?
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by crazypianist1116 »

Well here's my analysis. Before I start I would like to welcome hiphop and starbuck.
Starting from post 39:
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:That's nothing. Try playing with Albert B. Rampage, or TSQ, or SensFan, or one of the other REALLY aggressive players. Some people just play like that, effectively making it a null tell. Just because it might offend your moral sensibilities doesn't make the person scum. This can also quickly lead to tunnel vision - simply because a person cusses, which you don't like, and now you're mentally painting them as scum in the back of your mind. The best players in this game look at every post objectively. Don't read into it something that may or may not be there. And besides, it's the internet
Will do.
Bouchedufou wrote:Now what I'd like to know is why 3 people are jumping on startransmission? Anybody care to explain why they feel he's scummy?
I'm going to go ahead and just say Read The Posts. Maemuki and I gave reasons; Jeromus was trying to put pressure on him because he thought startransmission was similar to scum in his last game.
Starbuck wrote:I agree with you that being aggressive is pro-town, but it's when that aggressiveness starts turning into over-aggressiveness that some people may start to grow some suspicion of you.
I'm curious as to whether you thought he was being overly-aggressive at that point in the game.
Startransmission pointed out that Maemuki has been only posting about Bagsquad, which is true. There are too many long posts that have been bouncing aroudn to only comment on Bagsquad. She could comment on what other people think of bagsquad, what other people think of each other etc. If you could, talk about the recent posts.

And finally, we have hiphop. I won't hold Bagsquad's posts against you because I think they were made by a troll but I will hold your words against you. Firstly, don't vote for someone without reason. Even if you just want to create activity. It creates a lot of red flags. Additionally your first two posts made it seem as if you were really trying to distance yourself from Bagsquad, as if you were trying to distance yourself from a scum partner. We understood it the first time you said it. Aside from that, I'm more interested in what you think of everyone else's conversations. Perhaps make a post similar to 56.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:11 pm

Post by Starbuck »

@hiphop - Something I do any time I replace into a game is an analysis of my predecessor's posts along with a synopsis of the game. While you really only have like 3 posts of his to analyze, it's good to point them out.

@Bouchedufou - You know why we wanted Bag replaced. You listed it. Every person with a vote on him was because he was lurking, not because (most) knew him to be scum. You need to give hiphop a chance before you jump all over him.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:48 pm

hiphop wrote:Do you honestly believe that the person that replaced BagSquad, a completely different person, would act the same as him. Don't try to connect us. Connect me for me and not to him. One thing I can say is I am not unresponsive, since I answered your post.

Hey hiphop, welcome to the game. As a fun gesture I will

Unvote

Now, regarding what you have said above- you are in a way the same person as BagSquad. Or rather, you have the same
role
. So while I don't think that anyone expects (or certainly would want) you to behave like BagSquad, the fact is that you have taken over the role- not the identity- of the overall top scummy player. So you're connected, like it or not. You will be pushed, consider it a challenge.

With that said, having read back what is your analysis of the game, and specifically your predecessor?
Starbuck wrote:@Bouchedufou - You know why we wanted Bag replaced. You listed it. Every person with a vote on him was because he was lurking, not because (most) knew him to be scum. You need to give hiphop a chance before you jump all over him.
Just to clarify I voted for BagSquad because I felt he made a very dishonest post early on. It was a matter of me not trusting him. His lurking came after. I know it's a dumb distinction, but I felt it should be made.
Maemuki wrote:It's just that...There's nothing else going on. If there's something going on, please warn me, because I completely missed it. I don't want to get prodded, so I just post stuff about Baggy, because, that's all the clues we have right now. Besides, his play-style just downright annoys me.
Yeah, I dig. Like I said, I don't find you too scummy. It just bothered me that your posts were... safe. Echoing the sentiments of the town in brief posts is a nice way for scum to blend in. You raise my eyebrow, that's all.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:59 am

Post by Starbuck »

Start, I said most in that sentence. I wasn't assuming all.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:21 am

Post by iamausername »

Starbuck, I think I have figured out the root of my confusion earlier. When you said you thought BagSquad was "probably town", I took that to mean "more likely to be town than the average player in this game", but from your responses, it seems like you actually just meant "is likely to be town because there are more townies than scum". Is this correct, or did you actually find him more likely town than everybody else?
Vel-Rahn Koon wrote:iama, I'd like to know what
you
think of Maemuki, jeromus, bouched and Starbuck. You've asked all of them questions to get a handle on alignment, and I think you owe the rest of us a good turn so we can get a handle on yours.
Of course, you need but ask. :D

Mostly going on gut, because there hasn't been a whole lot of concrete stuff to get reads from as yet: bouched definitely comes across as town. Maemuki too, to a lesser extent. jeromus is neutral. startransmission is currently my top pick for scum, mostly because of this:
startransmission wrote:as soon as momentum went against Bagsquad, this game got very very quiet. It wreaks of scum sitting on thier hands and waiting for day two.
Considering he was voting BagSquad at the time, this does not sit well with me.

Unvote, Vote: startransmission

P.S. crazypianist, what do you think of Starbuck?
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:29 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

bouchedufou wrote:@hiphop: what kind of a response are you going for from iama right now? At least ask him a question.

Now I'm getting confused. Do we take what hiphop says at face value? The main accusations against baggy from what I read were:
a) unresponsive
b) replies were nonsense.

Now hiphop comes along and says he will be responsive, and try to do something. What now?
Do you think that hiphop should be held accountable for BagSquad's actions, based on the two main accusations you list above?

As I said earlier, please no one else answer for someone. I want to hear bouch's responses.

Welcome hiphop.

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:05 am

Post by Starbuck »

iamausername wrote:Starbuck, I think I have figured out the root of my confusion earlier. When you said you thought BagSquad was "probably town", I took that to mean "more likely to be town than the average player in this game", but from your responses, it seems like you actually just meant "is likely to be town because there are more townies than scum". Is this correct, or did you actually find him more likely town than everybody else?
I just don't like to assume that someone's scum based on the fact that he just doesn't care about the game at all, which Bag did not care. It sucks for hiphop to have to take over for such a shitty player. I know that I will not hold him accountable for BagSquad's actions.
hiphop
hiphop
Mafia Scum
hiphop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:11 am

Post by hiphop »

What I don't understand is wouldn't scum act the same as town? Scum want a lynch the same as town as long as it isn't their buddy. They can put a vote on anybody, and give a reason. As far as I am concerned, the only way I see scum showing up to everybody else is by their vote pattern. As for over aggressiveness, that could be the personallity, rather than scum.

I believe we can have two misses on a lynch, and still have the majority, but if we miss the first two lynches, we will have to be sure we lynch scum the next two times.

About the roles, are they random in a newbie game? Or are the mafia members given to an experienced player and a non experienced player.

As for Startransmission, I will do my best concerning that challenge.

I believe that in the mafia help rules, it says something like scum will draw attention that they are looking for scum. So iamausername has a point worth considering about Startransmission.

vote:Startransmission
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:19 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Roles are assigned randomly. Most Mods use Random.org to pick the setup type and the role assignments.

startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:04 am

startransmission wrote:
BagSquad wrote:jesus christ you people
If this is meant as a defense then you need to do better. If you are town, say so and stick up for yourself, don't let the mafia sit quiet as you get lynched.

I say this because as soon as momentum went against Bagsquad, this game got very very quiet. It wreaks of scum sitting on thier hands and waiting for day two.
iamausername wrote:Considering he was voting BagSquad at the time, this does not sit well with me.
I don't understand what bothers you about my vote being against the (what was in my opinion) scummiest player at the time. Why would I unvote BagSquad after his "jesus christ you people" response? I was frustrated by his lack of defense, as I was aware of the possibility of BagSquad being just a shitty player and not scum. I was appealing to him to defend himself properly, and if he was town not to let the actual mafia sit quietly as all the scrutiny landed on him. Activity did drop immediately after BagSquad became the focus, and it concerned me.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”