forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

MtG: Parallel Universe Mafia (fl's subgame): Game Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

MtG: Parallel Universe Mafia

Kamigawa Subgame

Even after the kami war, all is not well in Kamigawa...well, is it ever if there are stories to be told? The resulting planar havoc has thinned and rended the blind eternities...

Can these select few help restore balance to the plane...or will those that would take advantage of realities weakening grasp prevail?

Primary Moderator:
forbiddanlight
Secondary Moderators:
Lord Gurgi, Tarhalindur, MafiaSSK

Subgame Stage:
Confirmation Stage

On the Battlefield
In Play:

In the Graveyard:

34) Flava Flave, Myojin of Night's Reach, Hitman, lynched D1

28)populartajo, Autumn-Tail, Kitsune Sage, vanilla townie, has been destroyed N1

36) jammer, Toshiro Umezawa, Awesome Serial Killer, has been lynched D2

12) Kairyuu, Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir, Townie Cop, has been destroyed N2

5) Budja, Venser, Shaper Savant, Neutral Planeswalker Survivor, has been lynched D3

35) SocioPath, Kiku, Night's Flower, has been lynched D4

Exiled:

30) Debonair Danny DePietro, Azusa, Lost but Seeking, Star-Crossed Lover, Fulfilled His Win Condition and Left the Game, N1

29) Yosarian2, That Which Was Taken, Neutral Survivor, has been modkilled and autolossed for a violation of rule 1.

32) Quagmire, Kami of the Crescent Moon, Cult Leader, Fulfilled His Win Condition and Left the Game D4

9) Sajin, Rhada, Heir to Keld, Sparked Cultist, Fulfilled His Win Condition and Left the Game, D4

25) SpyreX, Marrow Gnawer, Vanilla Townie, was endgamed and lost by cult D4

33) Porkens, Ink Eyes, Servant of Oni, Townie Limited Doctor, was endgamed and lost by cult D4
Last edited by forbiddanlight on Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:28 pm, edited 18 times in total.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:33 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Rules:(Stolen outright from Tarhalindur)

<0> I am the Mod thy Goddess. If a dispute arises, my decision is final. That said, I am not infallible - if I make a mistake or you have a question, please inform me of the problem (preferably via PM or bold text) and I will correct it.
<1> This is a game. I hope that you have fun. In return, I ask that you not have your fun at the expense of the other players in this game (in other words, don't be a jackass). Repeated or extreme violations of this rule will result in replacement or modkill.
<1a> Attempting to use loopholes in the rules to gain an advantage in the game is considered jackassery, and will be treated as such. This applies to things like encrypted codes, invisible text, editing and deleting posts, trying to use the structure of the role PM to gain an advantage, etc. Please, use your common sense!
<2> If there is a conflict between a role and the rules, the role wins.
<3> Claiming that another player is your scumbuddy will result in a modkill.
<4> Quoting private communications (role PM, mason conversations, etc.) or pretending to do the same will result in a modkill. Paraphrasing, however, is not only acceptable but encouraged unless I explicitly say otherwise.
<5> You may not talk with other people about this game outside of the thread (but see Rule 2).
<6> This game will have a vote count but no FoS count. Each player will begin with 1 vote (but see Rule 2).
<6a> In a Normal game, the FoS count will have no effect on the game other than breaking voting ties at deadline. Theme games make no such guarantee. (Especially not this one!)

<7> To help the game run smoothly, votes and FoS'es should be made in bold text, and use the format Vote: XXXX and FoS: XXXX, respectively. An unvote and/or unFoS is required to remove a vote or FoS; to unvote or unFoS, please use the format Unvote: XXXX or UnFoS: XXXX.
<8> If a player or No Lynch has a majority of votes, that player is lynched and cannot be unvoted. You may talk during twilight unless I state otherwise.
<9> Each game day will begin with a negotiable deadline of 2 weeks in place. At the end of each week, if I find the activity level in the game acceptable and the week does not end with the deadline, then I will extend the deadline by one week, to a maximum of twice the original deadline (a maximum of 4 weeks); the maximum deadlines are not retractable.
<10> If no one has reached majority by deadline, the person with the most votes will be lynched. If there is a tie, each player in the tie will send me a haiku. Whichever one is more amusing will be spared the rope.
<11> You may vote to No Lynch any number of times during the game. When at least 50% of voting players are voting No Lynch, No Lynch will occur. (To vote No Lynch, please use the format Vote: No Lynch. FoS'es for No Lynch will not be counted.)
<12> Don't drink and post, lest ye receive Public Humilitation. (This rule is an injoke and doesn't actually do anything.)
<13> This is an Open Night setup. As usual, lynching occurs during the day, actions are submitted at night and resolve at end of night (unless indicated otherwise). However, players are PERMITTED to talk in the thread during "night".
<14> When you die, stop posting. You may make a single "Bah!"/"Frak you!"/etc. post in the thread. You may not include game content in this post. In addition, once you are dead, please do not discuss the game with anyone other than the Mod until the game is over, as this makes the mod's life easier.
<15> All players need to post at least once every 72 hours, or inform me if this is not possible. If you do not post for 72 hours, you will be prodded. If you are prodded, then you will need to post something (a simple "/prodded" will suffice if you're short on time) within 72 hours or you will be replaced. You will receive an Official Warning the second time you fail to post for more than 72 hours. The third time you fail to post for 72 hours, you will be replaced.
<15a> If you have limited access, you need to post to this effect, either in V/LA or in the thread. If I prod you despite you declaring V/LA status, call me on it and I will be duly embarrassed.
<15b> If you post before I get around to handing out the prod, you avoid the prod.
<16> Players may only use one special ability per day (but see Rule 2). Passive abilities and factional abilities are not counted as special abilities for purposes of this rule.
<17> This game will start on Day 1 after all players have confirmed (by the method specified in their role PM).
<18> Any player who is modkilled automatically loses the game. I will modkill in the fashion that I deem most damaging to the modkilled player's faction.
<19> I reserve the right to add rules if necessary (or if I really, really want to).
<20> Okay, that's enough formal-sounding stuff. Good luck, have fun!

Game-Specific Rules:

<21> The larger MtG: Parallel Universe game consists of three subgames. A player with the factional win condition ("you win when all other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same") wins when all other factions in his or her subgame have left that subgame, or nothing can prevent the same; when this occurs, all members of other factions that were in that subgame (whether dead, alive, or otherwise) at the time of that faction winning lose the game. A faction winning in one subgame does NOT cause members of any faction in other subgames to win or lose the game unless explicitly told otherwise.
<22> Whenever a player wins or loses the game, that player will be removed from the game.
<23> Players may only target other players in the same subgame with abilities (but see Rule 2; abilities that can or must target players in a different subgame will use the formatting "in {any/another} game you can see from your seat").
<23a> If a faction has factional abilities (i.e, Mafia kill) that does not use the aforementioned formatting, that faction may use that ability to target a player in any subgame which contains a member of that faction.
<24> Effects that last "until end of turn" expire at the beginning of the day after they are used. Abilities that cause a permanent change will remind the player that "this effect lasts indefinitely".
<25> Abilities can be played only any time you could cast a sorcery; that is to say, they may be used only at night and resolve at end of night (but see Rule 2; abilities that can be played at any time will use the formatting "you may play this ability any time you could play an instant").
<26> An ability has its effect instantaneously upon resolution, regardless of which subgame it effects (i.e, if a normal ability in one game causes two players to swap subgames, that ability will take effect at the end of the night in the subgame in which it is used, even if the other game is in the middle of day).
<27> In order to keep this game relatively in synch with (pre-M10) Magic: the Gathering wording, some abilities are being referred to by the closest equivalent M:tG keyword action. Killing abilities will use the format "Destroy XXXX"; kills that remove a player from the game will use the formating "Exile XXXX", but other abilities that involve removing a player from the game will use the older formatting "remove XXXX from the game". Protective abilities will use the format "Regenerate XXXX" or the replacement effect formatting "If XXXX would happen, instead YYYY"; abilities that bypass normal doctor protection will use the formatting "It can't be regenerated", but this does not prevent that ability from being stopped by a replacement effect
Last edited by forbiddanlight on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

It is now comfirmation stage. I'll come up with a mod color after I finish sending out role PMs and such. Confirming in thread is not just a good idea, but it's
the law
mandatory

See Tar's thread for sample townie PM. Also, red is my color. Don't use it.
Last edited by forbiddanlight on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-StrangerCoug

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I hath confirmed'ed
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by populartajo »

/conconconfirmation
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

/confirm and such
Mufasa
Mufasa
Goon
Mufasa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by Mufasa »

\confirm
Flava Flave
Flava Flave
Goon
Flava Flave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Flava Flave »

/confirm
Town: 3-5
Scum: 1-2
3rd party: 2-0
For the sake of MMM's happiness and my own, my sig has been placed here in a more condensed way. I apologize for the old sig and promise to have changed my ways for the better. <3 MMM
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:56 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

/confirm
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:30 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

/yar
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by Porkens »

/confirm
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:59 pm

Post by ZazieR »

Here :)
Ignore the ''R''
jammer
jammer
Goon
jammer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:27 pm

Post by jammer »

/comfirm, and the next week my activity be lower.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:29 am

Post by Quagmire »

/confirm
Vino
Vino
Goon
Vino
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:10 am

Post by Vino »

/watch

There's no need to confirm if you are not in a given subgame. You only needed to confirm in Tar's game
Show
[url=http://www.calamityfuse.com/]Calamity Fuse, a multiplayer FPS/RPG[/url]
[url=http://www.blacksheepblues.com/]Black Sheep Blues, a community-reactive online graphic novel[/url]

Total prods: 1
Replaced out: 0
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:54 am

Post by SocioPath »

/con/firm
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:30 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I think that's all 12 of you, so I'll go posting flavor and a vote count and start D1
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:49 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

"The Reito Massacre was a testament to the kami's unstoppable power. The human defenders might as well have been moths battling a forest fire." - flavor text, Rend Flesh"

This is a test of your emergency mod note system. Had there been a real mod note, someone would be in trouble. Probably.

The Zeroth Vote Count (aka the "Destroy Target Non-Spirit Creature" Vote Count)

25) SpyreX (0)
26) Papa Zito (0)
27) Zazie (0)
28) populartajo (0)
29) Yosarian2 (0)
30) Debonair Danny DiPietro (0)
31) Mufasa (0)
32) Quagmire (0)
33) Porkens (0)
34) Flava Flave (0)
35) SocioPath (0)
36) jammer (0)

Not Voting (12): SpyreX, Papa Zito, Zazie, populartajo, Yosarian2, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Mufasa, Quagmire, Porkens, Flava Flave, SocioPath, jammer

Votes required to lynch:

Current Deadline:
August 21, 2009 at ~1:00 P.M. EDT (GMT -5)
First Mod Deadline Review:
August 14, 2009 at ~1:00 P.M. (GMT -5)

Begin Game!
-StrangerCoug

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:53 am

Post by populartajo »

Vote : Zazier.

Also Vino is prob town. Yes, I know he is in the other game but Im that awesome.
Call me Tajo.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:54 am

Post by SocioPath »

I agree with
Vote: Yosarian2
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:37 am

Post by ZazieR »

Vote Flava

FoS Tajo

Both know the reasons :D
Ignore the ''R''
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:59 am

Post by populartajo »

ZazieR wrote:
Vote Flava

FoS Tajo

Both know the reasons :D
I dont actually.

Share please.
Call me Tajo.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:03 am

Post by ZazieR »

Because you made our 'first and only random vote ever' a 'first random vote ever'. Now, it has lost some of its specialness :(
Now, it's the 'first and only random FoS ever' :D
Ignore the ''R''
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:10 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

So, can anyone here help me switch games? You don't have to actually respond if you don't want to reveal your ability, but if you could transfer me over (specifically to Tar's game) that would be great. Thanks.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:11 am

Post by ZazieR »

That's the most obv soft-claim ever.
Ignore the ''R''

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”