California Trilogy: City of Angels - On Camera (Game Over)

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:41 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

wait a minute, I said the latter, but not the first. I said we would lose an innocent...me. You might be able to write a song, but do not write words into my mouth.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by Talilan »

I feel ultimately it would be foolhardy to go against the consensus between the two most informed of us. Plus according to popular opinion, Locke is acting as he would normally.
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:31 pm

Post by StarKiss »

Clarify for me, Locke: Are we facing a life or death situation for any number of us by allowing either you to drive, or Valentine to drive?
Starbuck + Kise = Pure Awesome
Don't forget Dram :(
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:59 pm

well that all depends how you look at it. Will someone directly die as a result of one of us driving? I have not been informed. We will lose one of our numbers? Yes. Do I believe that it is the best for us to let Valentine drive? Yes. Do I know the result? No. Do I think Huey is suspect? Yes.

Why is it I keep saying the same thing over and over again?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:20 pm

Post by Talilan »

Clarify for me Huey: do you really have a genuine hunch that Locke is lying?

Do both of your personalities (I know more about you than you think) agree?
ThebladethatkilledMufasa
ThebladethatkilledMufasa
Townie
ThebladethatkilledMufasa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:51 am

Post by ThebladethatkilledMufasa »

DEATH APOLIGIZES FOR BEING TRUANT.

DEATH WOULD ALSO LIKE MS. WIGGIN TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS DIRECTED AT HER. THAT IS ALL.
Simba cries
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:58 am

Post by StarKiss »

Carrie, let's just say that the Stars haven't been out since my first 2 comments on this whole matter, so no, both of my "personalities" have not agreed. And yes, Locke is being rather childish by saying anyone who disagrees with him is suspicious. Looks like a fear tactic if I've ever seen one, but I'm not backing down just because of intimidation. My hunch is nothing solid, Carrie, merely speculation.

Do you not find it strange that both advocates agree to the same option? Seems off to me. Blame it on my past experiences, but I just can't help but feel uneasy about one person knowing something and persuading another into following them. It will take a few more scenes before I can fully trust you, Mr. Locke. Otherwise, we are complete strangers. Mama told me never to play the fool..... WOOPS, that wasn't my song :D
Talilan
Talilan
Goon
Talilan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:12 am

Post by Talilan »

Huey I take it that is the astral aspect of your personality rather than the one infatuated with kissing all he comes across?

I don't see what you mean by one person persuading another to follow them. As far as I'm aware both of our guides have agreed on the correct course of action based on information they received independently of one another.

And what makes you so sure you will eventually come to trust Locke, even if it takes multiple scenes?
MafiaJin
MafiaJin
Townie
MafiaJin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:18 am

Post by MafiaJin »

As I recall, either one or both have a chance of being non-innocent. No guarantees either way. After today the advocates are picked by scum and so again we have no guarantee either way.

Part of me wants to let Valentine drive and part of me is still uneasy about it.

Star, why are you uneasy? Is it just the fact that following inside info tends to be a bad idea generally?

Not to mention we are told the result at the end of the scene so...we should be able to tell liars from the rest.

Then again I find it unlikely we would be told about someone joining scum and am therefore uneasy about that being a possible result.

My vote for this decision will not be made however until I see a sign that indicates to me it is ok to finish this scene.
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:32 am

Post by StarKiss »

As smart as she is, Valentine is still young and gullible. Both advocates were quick to decide on what should be done, so it looks... "off" if you catch my drift. Are you ready to allow Ms. Wiggins to drive, because that's the vibe I get from you?

Julie, I am just untrusting of how hasty both our advocates are. Locke has buttered us up with the promise that he will not convert if Valentine drives, but who is to say that he has revealed all that he knows?

And yes, Carrie, I have been in the kissing mood a lot. Care for a smooch?

John, do you fear death?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:11 am

no, why dont you fear me being non innocent? You should be. As I have stated NUMEROUS times....death does not mean jack. People come back in all shapes and forms from death in Mr grey's world. If I die, you want me to remain innocent.

Huey, let me ask you this, if I had decided to try to coerce you let me lead and made up some bullshit as to why. then both valentine and I would be asking for different things, right?...would you not have been suspicious then? As of right now, you are saying you are suspicious because both of the advocates are suggesting the same course of action. What would you have thought if we were advocating different things(who leads)? If I had chosen to NOT be forth coming with you and try become non innocent that would have been the result....two advocates disagreeing.

right now, you are either saying

a.) I believe John, and I would like to kill him once he drives and becomes guilty. Thus eliminating a non innocent. However, that is a poor decision. It is a suspicious push given that BOTH of the adovcates are saying to do different. It is also suspicious because you knowingly want to change the alignment of one individual, essentially eliminating one town. you want to do our enemy's work for them.

THAT, my friend, IS suspect.

or

b.) you dont believe me...think i am lying. You are also ignoring the fact that the other advocate is suggesting the same damn thing...so you must think he is lying too. What give you the impression that both of us are lying? Dont you think there would be better ways for me to convince you to not let me drive? I have told you everything I know....but you still want more...I got nothing to give.

Look from my point of view. Everything I told you is true. Who exactly would want me to drive? Who would want me either a.) eliminated or b.) flipped.

....those who oppose the innocent..

that is suspect.

there is no fear tactic here..only truth.

(pause)

Mrs. newmar. I think you are assuming that a personal result and a group result are the same thing. I serious doubt that Mr grey would announce that I am now non innocent as a result of me driving. I think that a "result" will occur if either of us drives that will/might affect the whole group. this result is separate than my personal result. It is probably separate from valentine's personal result(if he has one).

here is a question for the group. If valentine does have a personal result that he is not sharing...do you think he should tell? What if that personal result is an investigation? a protection?

So maybe he is telling everyone everything he knows...or maybe he is not..either way, I believe in my heart of hearts, that he is suppose to drive. And since I counted with the the innocent. It is the right decision.

for me, it is the only decision.
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:55 am

Post by hewitt »

If Valentine has a personal result that he is not sharing then I do think he should tell, especially since you have told your personal result. There's no way we can make a complete, informed decision if we're not fully informed.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
ThebladethatkilledMufasa
ThebladethatkilledMufasa
Townie
ThebladethatkilledMufasa
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:28 am

Post by ThebladethatkilledMufasa »

DEATH'S SPLIT PERSONALITY HAS MANAGED TO CONCUR ON THIS POINT: FOLLOWING LOCKE IS THE ANSWER. VALENTINE WIGGIN HAS MANAGED TO EVADE ALL QUESTIONS DIRECTED TOWARDS HER. ALSO, IF SOMETHING TRAGIC WERE TO HAPPEN, WE WOULD HAVE MORE INFORMATION ON THE "SOMETHING ELSE" ALIGNMENT, AS WE HAVE BEEN LEAD TO BELIEVE LOCKE WILL JOIN THEM.
Simba cries
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:32 am

Post by Thesp »

Randy Jones rushes into the scene proper - his hockey-player namesake being rushed off. It's fairly clear that he's trying to act as if he's been here the whole time, though you seem to recall some fellow in a jersey having occupied the same spot a bit before.

As I was saying, I think following Valentine is the self-evident path. I have considered the possibilities that the information provided to our drivers is somehow faulty, but I think that line of inquiry is dubious at best. It seems far more likely that Locke was provided information that leading would be detrimental to our collective interests, and abdicated this forlorn path. It also seems likely to me that Valentine had some similar information _about Locke_, was flustered by Locke's approach, and simply went with the flow rather than fought for Locke's ascendancy to the driver's seat. (In particular, I think the asymmetry of the information provided is highly suspect.) I am suspicious of Valentine, though I think in the driver's seat is the best place for him, where we can all keep our eyes on him. I will gladly place my vote on Valentine when we feel the time is appropriate.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:14 am

Post by sottyrulez »

I understand the unease Mr Lewis, in situations like this it can be very unnerving when both sides readily agree especially when you are so used to a heated debate. However, here we have two people with random alignments, both agreeing on the course of action. Do you think it is wise to go against them? How likely do you think it is that they are both people with agendas that will harm us?
hewitt
hewitt
Mafia Scum
hewitt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:34 am

Post by hewitt »

It is useless to debate on whether both advocates are against us because if they are then quite frankly, we're screwed. I think there must be at least one we can trust and if they both agree on the same course of action hopefully the good consequences will outweigh the bad consequences.
Show
RECORD

Town-Win- 2
Town-NightKilled-Loss- 3
Town-Loss- 4
Mafia-Win- 1
Mafia-Loss- 3

Team Win Percentage- 23.08%
Basically...my teams usually lose. How fun is that!
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:29 pm

Post by PJ. »

I have noticed that many of you are referring to me as a he, this is faulty. I am very female.

I was not given any info other than that I am meant to lead us to Los Angeles
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by Thesp »

Mr. Green, I feel quite strongly we should follow the advice "given" to both of our drivers, and force Valentine to drive. Was that unclear in my words? That does not mean I believe that both of our drivers are being truthful regarding the information they've claimed to have been given.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:34 am

Post by sottyrulez »

I understood you perfectly Mr Jones. However I was in fact talking to Huey Lewis and not yourself.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:49 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Scene 1.4

As the group continues to discuss who should drive, the camera pulls back, zooming out from a tight shot of the group to show the two buses - one smoking, the other pristine - then wider to show the highway extending in either direction. A vulture - CGI, no doubt, though why Mr. Grey decided it would be a good idea to include real-time CGI while the movie is still filming is anyone's guess - circles overhead. The camera follows the motion of the bird, zooming in closer to reveal that it is already carrying a chunk from some poor dead animal.

While the camera is focused on the bird, Mr. Grey motions for a change in casting, as the actors playing Carrie Fisher and Ms. Blue swap roles. As the camera zooms back in on the group, however, it is hard to notice a change. The makeup crew really is top notch, apparently.

KY Krew uses the Stuntman ability to switch Roles with Talilan. KY Krew is now On Camera in the Role of Carrie Fisher.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:59 am

Fisher...you have something on your mind?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:56 am

Post by Thesp »

My apologies, Mr. Green, this whole scenario has me completely mixed up. I would like to hear Lewis's response.

Fisher, have you any special wisdom to provide from the great beyond?
Reiner Knizia

your
game!
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by StarKiss »

Green, I have nothing concrete. Only my suspicion. You make it seem like we should just sheep along and agree to have Valentine drive... Am I right?

Fine, let's forget about thinking of hidden agendas and not raise an eyebrow to both advocates agreeing.

Locke, I asked if you feared death because in the event you were to convert to the darker side, wouldn't you know the identity of a newer "company?" Would you mind sacrificing yourself to, in a sense, snitch on who they may be and do the rest of us a favor, even if the end result meant that your death had to ultimately follow?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:00 pm

Lewis, I play to win. If I am no longer of the innocent, my agenda will be different. I would not believe anything I said after that.

You really want me to drive dont you?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
StarKiss
StarKiss
Goon
StarKiss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by StarKiss »

Follow Valentine Wiggin

To everyone else, no rush.