Newbie 839 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:05 am

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Thanks to you, we might not get him lynched at all.
FOS: Raskol

Diakron 4 skitzo, Ibrahimagic, Tehstefan, Bub Bidderskins
Ibrahimagic 1 Diakron
skitzo
Tehstefan
Bub Bidderskins 1 Raskol
Del
Raskol
Maemuki
Debonair Danny DiPietro 1 Maemuki,

Not Voting

Debonair Danny DiPietro

Del
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:10 am

Vote count:

1 Debonair Danny Dipietro—Maemuki
4 Diakron—Skitzo, Ibrahimagic, Raskol, Tehstefan, Bub Bidderskins
1 Ibramagic--Diakron
1 Bub Bidderskins--Raskol

-not voting-
Debonair Danny Dipietro
Del
Show

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:11 am

Also, please discount the above double post.
Show

Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:11 am

Post by Raskol »

Bub Bidderskins wrote:
Raskol wrote:
unvote

vote: Bub Bidderskins
Why? Honestly,
I was tyring to pressure him into roleclaiming
and was waiting for a response. Instead, now we're back at L-2 because of your antics. Fine, if you want to hammer him, go ahead.

vote: diakron
Have you ever played mafia before?
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:05 pm

Raskol wrote:
Bub Bidderskins wrote:
Raskol wrote:
unvote

vote: Bub Bidderskins
Why? Honestly,
I was tyring to pressure him into roleclaiming
and was waiting for a response. Instead, now we're back at L-2 because of your antics. Fine, if you want to hammer him, go ahead.

vote: diakron
Have you ever played mafia before?
As a matter of fact, no. In anyway, I thought it would be fun to see if he was lying or not. :shrugs:
Show

Diakron
Diakron
Townie
Diakron
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:47 pm

Post by Diakron »

im sorry but the way you play baffles me and i cant play like i want to and nor can i hide the fact that i have very poor playing skills i dont know most "official" terms to mafia and RVS baffled me. random voting is a strategy to me not an official stage of the game.

I have nothing else to say as this game is so slow that i have gotten bored with it. i will try playing one more time on this forum and if its the same i will find another place to play.
skitzo
skitzo
Townie
skitzo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:44 pm

Post by skitzo »

what would you prefer?
alot of one-liners?
"this is soooooo scary"
wade the coward
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by Raskol »

The games here aren't usually like this at all, we just have a bunch of people who don't seem to want to participate. The game is totally player driven, so the quality of the game depends on the quality of the players.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:58 pm

Post by Raskol »

Bub Bidderskins wrote:I thought it would be fun to see if he was lying or not. :shrugs:
lying about what?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:07 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Diakron wrote:im sorry but the way you play baffles me and i cant play like i want to and nor can i hide the fact that i have very poor playing skills i dont know most "official" terms to mafia and RVS baffled me. random voting is a strategy to me not an official stage of the game.

I have nothing else to say as this game is so slow that i have gotten bored with it. i will try playing one more time on this forum and if its the same i will find another place to play.
You do realize you're not dead yet, yes?
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:12 pm

Post by Raskol »

While we're both on, Danny, do you think you could answer a few questions for me?

---Why did you random vote last game but not this one?

---What would you think of lynching today based on a random roll among the 4 players who have the lowest in-thread postcount two days before deadline?

---Who are your top targets for scum at this point, and why? (I realize there's not much info yet).

Actually, I would like answers to the last two from everyone.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:29 pm

Raskol wrote:---Why did you random vote last game but not this one?
I hate to play any two games the same way so even if it's something small like not voting in the RVS I always try to do something different.
---What would you think of lynching today based on a random roll among the 4 players who have the lowest in-thread postcount two days before deadline?
I think we have ten days (at least?) till deadline and that there's no reason to panic and do anything rash just yet. In fact there appears to finally be good information from at least some players to evaluate so no need to do something nonsensical like vote randomly.
---Who are your top targets for scum at this point, and why? (I realize there's not much info yet).
Well I'd like Diakron to say something again after his rather defeatist seeming post, but before that I didn't much care for what I was seeing. My top suspect is probably one of the undercontributers, but I haven't yet really gone and parsed them apart yet.
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:05 am

Excellent point DDD.
Show

Del
Del
Townie
Del
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:10 am

Post by Del »

Maemuki wrote:
Del wrote:
Fos: DDD

For somehow not throwing out random accusations and votes during RVS.

unvote

Because Raskol's posts made me laugh :lol:
Are you trying to extend the RVS? And did you notice that we have, well, a person at L-1?
With someone at L-1, I assumed the RVS was over, hence my FoS. If I felt that we were still in RVS, then my reasoning wouldn't make much sense since he would still have time to throw out an accusation/vote or two.

And can someone correct me if I'm doing this wrong,
unFos
. Since he's explained why he didn't join in RVS.

As for Diakron, as tempting as it is since he's at L-1, hammering just for the sake of hammering isn't the best way to win games I'm thinking, so I guess I'll have a good look over his posts before I choose whether to hammer or not.

Slightly off topic, I understand about this game feeling slow (Mafia games I've played on other sites are much faster in terms of deadlines and such), but if that's how games are played on this site, then I have nothing against it.
Del
Del
Townie
Del
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:25 am

Post by Del »

EBWOP

Bub Bidderskins wrote:My opinion on Diakron huh? Well, I don't know any more. He says he's played Mafia on another site and doesn't know what an RVS is, as well as taking the RVS way too seriously.

Having played Mafia on another site, I have never heard of RVS until stumbling upon Mafiascum. I guess browsing pages such as this:

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... reviations

And browsing some threads/guides.

Back on topic and in answer to Raskol's question about top two suspects, I cannot yet answer without saying none. I considered Diakron and Bub, but I somewhat dislike translating apparent newbieness and ignorance to scuminess. Of course, if it turns out they were feigning being newbs/ignorance, then I'm sure for my next game I'll have turned as cynical as any.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:10 am

Post by Maemuki »

You did not understand my question. Did you? I asked if you were trying to extend the RVS, by [on my view] randomly voting Raskol. Did you have a serious reason?
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:19 am

Del wrote:
EBWOP

Bub Bidderskins wrote:My opinion on Diakron huh? Well, I don't know any more. He says he's played Mafia on another site and doesn't know what an RVS is, as well as taking the RVS way too seriously.

Having played Mafia on another site, I have never heard of RVS until stumbling upon Mafiascum. I guess browsing pages such as this:

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... reviations

And browsing some threads/guides.

Back on topic and in answer to Raskol's question about top two suspects, I cannot yet answer without saying none. I considered Diakron and Bub, but I somewhat dislike translating apparent newbieness and ignorance to scuminess. Of course, if it turns out they were feigning being newbs/ignorance, then I'm sure for my next game I'll have turned as cynical as any.
Well, Diakron also took the RVS too seriously and yet he still claimed to have played the same game on a different site. Still, I admit that on different sites they might have different customs and abbreviations. Even though I voted for him, everybody should still think hard before hammering him. We still have quite a bit of time left, and there's no need to rush a lynch.
Show

Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:33 pm

Post by Raskol »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
I think we have ten days (at least?) till deadline and that there's no reason to panic and do anything rash just yet. In fact there appears to finally be good information from at least some players to evaluate so no need to do something nonsensical like vote randomly.
I was thinking of it more as an incentive to activity, actually.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:18 am

Raskol wrote:
I was thinking of it more as an incentive to activity, actually.
We could just shamelessly bandwagon them until they say something instead, how does that sound?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:30 am

Mod:
(If you're there. It's me, Margaret) Please prod Iba---magic and anyone else who needs prodding.
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:54 am

Mod:
(If you're there. It's me, Margaret) Please prod Iba---magic and anyone else who needs prodding.
And post the vote count.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:01 am

Okay, update: I don't think Raskol is scum. I think he shamelessly accuses people who parter with people whom he's accused for the same reason, but I don't think he's scum. A scum wouldn't try to get so much attention, nor would he so vehemently try to catch scum.

I think that the under-contributers have a reason to be scum, but they may have just abandoned the game. (mainly Del, Skitso, Ibramagic, and the Teh guy.)

I also think that Diakron seems scummy for acting like a noob, then saying he's played the game somewhere else, and then posting as if he'd just given up.

I have no reason to think that DDD or Maemuki are scum, but I also have no reason to think that they aren't, so I'll keep my eyes on them.
Show

Del
Del
Townie
Del
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:05 am

Post by Del »

Maemuki wrote:You did not understand my question. Did you? I asked if you were trying to extend the RVS, by [on my view] randomly voting Raskol. Did you have a serious reason?

I did not have a serious reason. The vote for Raskol was random, but I thought that the RVS was still going whilst the game was still on it's first page. Correct me if I'm going about the RVS in the wrong way :/

And apologies for under-contributing, I'd become a tad engrossed in a faster paced mafia game off site and may have forgotten about this a lil. I'll try to check up on this thread daily from now on!
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:13 am

Post by Maemuki »

First...page? Huh?
We are on page 5, unless the thread can magically shrink.

And, please don't lurk so much - this game is being quite slow already.

And we're 10 days to the deadline, I don't know if you noticed.
Del
Del
Townie
Del
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:26 am

Post by Del »

I'm confused here. You just asked me if I was trying to extend the RVS by randomely voting Raskol right?

My vote for Raskol was on the first page of the game, which is what I was referring to in my last post. I'm fairly sure that the game was very RVSish at that point, and I'm also pretty certain I've unvoted since then.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”