Newbie 841 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:12 am

Post by MiteyMouse »

DeathNote wrote:@Mitey- Please unvote because you have no bases other then a RV. At this point, we need every Vote to be taken seriously.
Why? Not the unvoting as you explained that but, why do we need every vote to be taken seriously? I am the type that will leave my vote until I find something better to vote for.
DeathNote wrote:Lets get some activity in here guys. I know your there Mouse as I just saw you post in another game.
I'm here...it's my day off and I'm getting caught up on all of my games as we speak!

Let's pick up the talk here guys. Can you all list your top 3 suspects and why...please?
The more I see, the less I know
The more I'd like to let it go.
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:27 am

Post by DeathNote »

Votes are the most important thing in the game. Why other reason do you need to take it serious? I just feel sticking with a RV is absurd and a waste.

At the moment, I only have one suspect...

Lyncher as indicated in my previous post.

However, I am watching Pablo, T-chan, MiteyMouse, and Ronnie. This not meaning I think they are scum, just that they have potential to be.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:22 pm

Post by havingfitz »

OK...spent a good bit of the day digesting posts up till now. Have a few suspects but I want to go over my notes one more time before I give my thoughts. Almost 1230 am here so now would not be a good time to give my thoughts....zzzzzzzzz.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

Deathnote, why are you watching those particular people? Reasons please?

I'm not really convinced that anyone is scum, but I'm watching T-Chan and Pablo, reasons stated in my earlier post.

Ok, Now that I'm thinking about it, I understand why Mitey keeping a vote on me could be suspcious. It does look a little bit like scum trying to distance themselves from each other. I don't believe making me look like a possible scum buddy to him is his plan, right now at least. (I think I'm over thinking it...)

Mitey, how much expirence do you have?
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:24 pm

Post by Pablo Molinero »

This town is way too tentative for it's own good (although it happens all the time in newbie games, so it's understandable.) You know what, I'm still cool with my vote on OMGLyncher. So far he's given us an admission that he's been suspicious and then he's done nothing to re-divert attention from himself. Why? I figure he's scum that knows he can't legitimately build a case on anyone else. I've had this problem before as scum, too, and I can easily see it being the same situation.

@ The people "watching" me give me reasons why, plz (and I laugh at your PC-language. If you find me suspicious, SAY SO)

Town, in general, don't be afraid to use your votes as weapons. At this point, you're not going to lynch someone simply by voting for them once. Nothing gets someone's attention like voting for them.
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by Tororingu-chan »

I'm happy with my vote for now~~ ^_^

@Pablo: People are watching you because you seem experienced, and that scares them... o_@;;

@havingfitz: I am looking forward to your analysis~!
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:40 pm

Post by DeathNote »

Posting tomorrow morning. Anyone who I have claimed that I am watching is simply because I disagree with a particular post or two. More then likely they voted for reasons that I disliked. I can give examples tomorrow.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:13 am

Post by havingfitz »

Ok all...I apologize for my lack of input but as someone new to Mafia perhaps it takes me a bit longer to formulate suspicions. FYI...unless I am v/LA I check in at least a few times everyday. I may not comment on what has been said if it doesn't pertain to me or if I don't see a need but I am trying to keep tabs of what is going on. Admittedly that sounds like/is lurking, but that's how my first two games have started out. I became more active end of Day 1 and Day 2 before I was night-lynched.

I do not suspect anyone strongly enough yet to cast a vote on them. Despite the points earlier against using FoS...I prefer them to votes as I don't want to bandwagon anyone and I don't want to get anyone who may be townie close enough to lynching to give mafia a chance to finish things off. A perfect example of which occurred at the end of my first game.

Pardon the abbreviations but I prefer using them to entire names. So far the people I am primarily looking at are TC, OMG, and PM. I'm also a bit suspicious of MM and RR..strictly because of their inactivity (I realize that is hypocritical but I can't be suspicious of myself). Though...I did think RR's comments in post 80 were well thought out. I was a bit suspicious early on of DN for putting TC at L-2 but have not seen anything from him since that point to raise my suspicions.

Slight suspicions towards TC: TC has made about a 3rd of the posts. Based on her preponderance of posts I think she is, intentionally or not, steering the gameplay a bit. I also thought calling out DN for making a quick unvote when she was nearing a quicklynch, when she had in fact just warned everyone that she was getting close to a quicklynch, was suspicious. At first I thought her suspicions towards PM for inferring he was townie were misplaced as well but after further thought I can see her point.

Suspicions towards OMG: For reasons everyone else has already brought to my attention..I do suspect OMG. He seemed to be fairly erratic early with his votes/FOS's, his efforts to appease his accusers, and then taking a step back.

Suspicions towards PM: I found it odd for an IC to throw out the inference that they were townie. Why bother when when you surely realize that townies would have no way of knowing you were truthful until you were lynched or the game was over. I also found it suspicious for you to explain how you were taking a sit-back attitude to this game as you get a read on others but then just over an hour later you denounce people for sitting back. I also thought your "pile on the votes" request was a bit bloodthirsty.

That's it for now. I may be completely off the mark but it's what is on my mind. I will try to comment more as Day 1 continues to draw near an end.

Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:43 am

Post by Tororingu-chan »

I don't think I have three suspects yet~ >_>;;
1. OMGLyncher
2. ??
3. ??

@havingfitz:
If you had to pick one person to lynch right now, who would it be?
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:18 am

Post by havingfitz »

Tororingu-chan wrote:
@havingfitz:
If you had to pick one person to lynch right now, who would it be?
If I
had
to pick right now my top three would be:

1. OMGLyncher
2. Pablo Molinero
3. Tororingu-chan

Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:43 am

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Heh, while I do admit that my "playstyle" sequence posts looks odd (what was I thinking?!), you have to ask yourself if that odd behavior=scummy. I was going to ride out the next few days because I thought the town was going to be more active than it is. When it was apparent we have quite a few people here semi-lurking, I took it upon myself to push the town forward. Believe me: Quiet towns = Dead towns.

And yes, guess what, I STILL want people to pile on some votes. Anyone, anywhere: it is the #1 guaranteed way to spark a discussion.

I think you're looking at all the wrong reasons with your # 2 and 3, fitz. It appears to me that you're marking the 2 most active (content-wise) players simply because there's a lot of material to go off of with us. I'd be more concerned with the people NOT talking.
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:20 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

My apologies for not getting a vote count done sooner. I was out of town Friday house-hunting and haven't had a chance to get on the interwebz until now.

Official Vote Count

OMGLyncher - 2 (Pablo Molinero, Tororingu-chan)

ronnieroo - 1 (MiteyMouse)

Not Voting - 6 (DeathNote, havingfitz, Mafia_failure, OMGLyncher, PaltryExcuse, ronnieroo)

5 to Lynch.
Deadline
is the end of Thursday, October 1.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:51 am

Post by DeathNote »

I thought I voted... Guess not

Vote: OMGLyncher
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:00 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

My suspicions:

Right now, I am looking at two people in particular interest.

Firstly, OMGLyncher, probably because he is the only one who has a case laid out against him and also the fact that he seems to no longer post. He has admittedly lurked, and overall this behaviour makes him look scummy.

Secondly is ronnieroo. ronnieroo posts infrequently at best, but still comes up with succinct arguments. Definitely a player to watch out for, although I can't point out anything as inherently scummy.

Also, Mitey, who are your top three suspects?
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Pablo Molinero wrote:Heh, while I do admit that my "playstyle" sequence posts looks odd (what was I thinking?!), you have to ask yourself if that odd behavior=scummy. I was going to ride out the next few days because I thought the town was going to be more active than it is. When it was apparent we have quite a few people here semi-lurking, I took it upon myself to push the town forward. Believe me: Quiet towns = Dead towns.

And yes, guess what, I STILL want people to pile on some votes. Anyone, anywhere: it is the #1 guaranteed way to spark a discussion.

I think you're looking at all the wrong reasons with your # 2 and 3, fitz. It appears to me that you're marking the 2 most active (content-wise) players simply because there's a lot of material to go off of with us. I'd be more concerned with the people NOT talking.
I still have my suspicions on you for the reasons I gave. It is possible my suspicions of you and TC are due to more material to filter suspicions from but I guess that's a byproduct of being a frequent poster. I have not ruled out anyone...including the less frequent posters...I just don't have any thing to key on yet other than the fact they don't post much.

Like I said before though...the only person close to getting a vote for me at the moment would be OMG and even then I would need to look over his posts again.

ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:17 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

The reason I'm watching the people I'm watching is because they're influencial players, Pablo's WIFOM earlier in the game draws my eye. People who are good at convincing other people should be watched, especially since at this time we have little else to go on.

On OMGl's situation: I really do think the case is weak. OMGl is a newbie. I don't know about you all, but the first time someone came out and started arguing against me, I was a little bit uncomfortable as well. I know that this is completley playing the newbie card, but I just don't feel like lynching an all out noobie who did something foolish when the game is only five pages in. The thing that concerns me is OMGl's defence (It actually concerns me more then the case against him does, I still think the case is weak at best, but I will admit that his defence is only making the case sound more believable). It's great that you realize that you're being scummy, but try to recover. Don't go cower in a corner because people are suspcious of you. It doesn't work. (Ok, I've seen it work a few times at the very beginning of a few games, but in general it'll only make your situation worse). Actually the way you're defending yourself (lurking and saying yeah it's scummy) is scummy in itself. Ok... I'm sorry if that confused someone. Sometimes when I'm posting I start thinking about other options and change my mind. Summary: His defence is suspcious, but the case made against him is weak. I think it's too early in the day for a lynch, particualary on something as minor as this.

@The people who are watching me, what makes you think I have a potentional to be scum?

@Pablo I don't understand what you're saying. Are you encouraging people to vote for anyone that even midly draws their attention? If not, what exactly do you mean by pile the votes on? Etiehr way, IMO it doesn't sound terribly pro-town. It even sounds like it might be a reference to piling the votes on OMGl, and letting people think that they're just putting pressure on him. If so, then I'm going to need several more votes... Either way, I don't think it's a good idea. As you stated earlier, our vote is our power, people who throw it around too much draw attention to themselves, people who don't throw it around enough draw attention to themselves. Either way, I really don't like the way that sounds and would really like some clarfication.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

Ack, meant to put this at the end of the other post and forgot. If you need a nick for me please use either Ronnie (best) or Roo. I have a tendecy to miss things like RR or Ron, as I'm not used to being called that... If anyone doesn't like the Nick I'm using for them please let me know. :)
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

ronnieroo wrote:Don't go cower in a corner because people are suspcious of you.
This is exactly the reason OMG seems scummy. I think it's the major reason why people have begun to question his earlier actions into the detail that they have. I know, for me, it seems like he's been caught and doesn't know how to get himself out.

@OMGLyncher: Posting would be a good idea soon, at least answer Mitey's questions about your suspects. It'd be interesting to hear from the most targeted person as to whom he'd like to target.
ronnieroo wrote:@The people who are watching me, what makes you think I have a potentional to be scum?
You're playing the game. Hence, possible mafia.

On a more serious note, it is the infrequent yet detailed posting that makes you more suspicious in my eyes. Almost like saying "I'm contributing!" without giving too much away about yourself. This is more a gut feeling however on your style of posting than based on hard evidence. Hence suspicions and not a scum-tell (yet).
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:43 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

ronnieroo wrote: Mitey, how much expirence do you have?
Quite a bit...far more than my level of play would indicate...hehehe! I have been here for a year and played on another forum for a month or so before that...today is my Scum Day!!! I'm a qualified IC and have modded 2 games off site.

The people that I'm watching thus far....
Death Note
T-Chan
OMGLyncher

I am suspicious of the rest of you at this point but, I'm watching these 3 extra close.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

I don't understand what you mean. If you feel like I'm not posting enough, please just say so. Are detailed posts a bad thing? As for not saying much about myself, I have no idea what you mean.

Happy Scumday Mitey! :D
MiteyMouse
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
MiteyMouse
He's too nICe
He's too nICe

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by MiteyMouse »

Thanks Ronnie...
unvote
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by Tororingu-chan »

ronnieroo wrote: I don't understand what you're saying. Are you encouraging people to vote for anyone that even midly draws their attention? If not, what exactly do you mean by pile the votes on?
The game will go nowhere if people just sit here going "hmm, I don't know." >_< The vote is the townie's most powerful weapon, so you should use it~!!

Also, realise that if you do nothing now, OMGLyncher
will
be lynched at deadline.... if you truly do not believe he is scum, go find a better candidate for the lynch~! ^_^

Where is OMGLyncher anyway? Did he flake~?? =_=;;
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

It's not that you're not posting enough. It's more like your posting style is not very aggressive. The fact that you don't give much away is a good thing, it just makes me wary. Like I said, not a scum-tell, just a sign to watch for (a good player in other words).
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:36 pm

Post by ronnieroo »

I'll get more agressive as the days go by. Right now there's not much to go on.

@T-Chan, Yes I do realize that. I'm pointing out that I feel like we're rushing things. As stated above, I don't feel like OMGl is scum or town. I'm stuck between noobie who made a mistake and scum who made a mistake. In a newbie game, it's hard to tell the difference. (With the newbie players at least). I don't currently see a better choice, but still hesitate to place a vote on hin. As you said, our votes are our power. I realize that the game will never move if no one ever votes, there are other ways to pressure a player though.
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:25 pm

Post by Tororingu-chan »

I think having OMGLyncher at L-2 for now is sufficient for pressure -- at this point I don't think I'm prepared to lynch him either~~ >_<;

I really want OMGLyncher to explain the weird contradiction he made earlier...

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”