Newbie 841 - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mafia_failure
Mafia_failure
Townie
Mafia_failure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Mafia_failure »

MiteyMouse wrote:Tororingu-Chan...How many games have you played? Actually, I'd love it if everyone could answer that one for me please.
this is my second game overall and my first in this forum if you wanted to know. I once in another forum but I failed hence my name
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:56 pm

Post by Tororingu-chan »

Tororingu-chan wrote:@Mafia_failure:
Mafia_failure wrote:I also find people who FoS suspicious unless they have two people to choose which in this case is what OMGLyncher did.
Did you or did you not find OMGLyncher's FoS's suspicious? o_O Why would it be less scummy if there are "two people to choose from"...? @_@;; I'm a little confused by your reasoning..... >_<
Mafia_failure
Mafia_failure
Townie
Mafia_failure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:24 pm

Post by Mafia_failure »

I did not find Omgl's FoS suspcious because there are two people he wanted to vote but you can only once. I will make an example since explaining it would be hard. So you have 2 people you want to but you can only vote once, right? So, he vote for the one who is more suspcious out of those two. However, because omgl's vote was basically a RV. Unless, if he is actually a scum, then he would know who is scum or not. It could be a trick but I don't know that for sure at the moment
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:44 pm

Post by Tororingu-chan »

Ahh~~~ I get it now~! ^_^;

Hmm....... but something just occurred to me.

More questions:

@OMGLyncher:
OMGLyncher wrote:
OMGUS VOTE: Pablo
for misinterpreting my name: Lynching is townie! Even worse you linked me to your fail! :oops:

FoS Deathnote
for not having the conviction to stay with his random vote: Could be that he's mafia trying to appear neutral
Your Pablo vote is a random OMGUS vote, which means that you really aren't suspicious of him at all..... Then you FoS DeathNote, which means that you are suspicious of him~~~ >_<;; Why didn't you just vote DeathNote if you were suspicious of him?? @_@
Mafia_failure
Mafia_failure
Townie
Mafia_failure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:59 am

Post by Mafia_failure »

I just realized that Pablo is an IC yet he hardly writes. That is reasonaly but
shouldn't he tell us tips or ways to play? Also, he unvoted when the RVS started to end which can be anti-scummy, especially if there is no reason for unvoting.
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:16 am

Post by Tororingu-chan »

It isn't scummy to unvote a random vote~~ ^_^; random votes serve no purpose other than to start discussion~~ and I think we are out of the random phase, so there's no harm in removing votes that have no reasoning behind them!
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:19 am

Post by Tororingu-chan »

Does anti-scummy mean .... not scummy? o_O;;;;
Mafia_failure
Mafia_failure
Townie
Mafia_failure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:44 am

Post by Mafia_failure »

/me facepalms

I meant anti-townie >_>

Anyway I thought something happened that didn't happen.
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:04 am

Post by Tororingu-chan »

And what was that~? ^_^
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:02 am

Post by DeathNote »

OK GUYS!! Lets do some scum hunting! I currently only have issues with the FoS that Lyncher had done but seeing as it is not in any way close enough to consider him scum, I will simply just keep an eye on him. Any thoughts so far this game? I would love for the IC to post some.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
ronnieroo
ronnieroo
Townie
ronnieroo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:05 am

Post by ronnieroo »

Why are we so caught up on what the IC has to say? They too can be mafia (if that is incorrect someone please correct me). I feel like leaning on the IC is a dangerous thing, if they come up mafia, then we've been following them the whole time.

I'd like to hear from everyone as to who they currently suspect. I'm currently watching Chan, because she's an active player and apparnetly knows what she's doing, thus making her a danger if she is mafia. I do not at this time think she is scum (or town for that matter), I'm only pointing out who I'm currently watching closely.

I honestly think OMGl's FOS'ing isn't terribly scummy. It doesn't strike as super pro-town, I think it's just a null tell personally.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:05 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

At this point it is hard to tell, but the person I have my eye on the most is Mafia_failure. His vote started the bandwagon of T-chan, and moved to DeathNote starting a new bandwagon.

Part of me thinks these are joke votes as this happened within the RVS, but it nonetheless caught my attention. Thoughts Mafia_failure?
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Tororingu-chan wrote:@havingfitz:
havingfitz wrote:This is my 2nd game ever. Talked into trying Mafia by my son (who is somewhat obssessed by it).
What is your impression of your son's taste in games??? xD
In regards to Mafia I'm still undecided.

This game hasn't really progressed that much so no one has stood out as suspicious to me yet.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:15 pm

Post by Tororingu-chan »

I am still waiting for answers from OMGLyncher from questions in post 48 and post 51~~~ >_<;; Please come back, OMGLyncher~~~

I will present my suspicions when I think I have something more concrete... ^_^; Please be a bit patient, I am a slow player~~ >_<
I encourage everyone else to do a little scumhunting as well. Of course there are lots of ways you can do this (the IC should know a lot more!!), but you can start by directing questions to the person you are suspicious of, asking about anything you found fishy~~
Other people like to get aggressive and put people in the hot seat, and observing how they react under pressure!

Doing this is pro-town in lots of ways~! Not only are you looking for scum, but you get out there and post a lot more! By scumhunting, you can get reads off other people, but you also let people get reads off you~!! At the moment I'm having trouble with you guys because all you people are essentially saying is "hm, I'm a little bit suspicious of so-and-so, but just a bit." The game is not going to go anywhere if everyone just keeps saying this~~!!! Let's actively look for scum together!!! d(^u^)b

On the IC:

You can trust the IC when it comes to questions on technical gameplay and common logical steps, but otherwise he is just another player in the game, same as the rest of us~~~
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Mafia_failure wrote:I just realized that Pablo is an IC yet he hardly writes. That is reasonaly but
shouldn't he tell us tips or ways to play? Also, he unvoted when the RVS started to end which can be anti-scummy, especially if there is no reason for unvoting.
Toro beat me to the punch. You can rely on me for specific gameplay questions and I'll point out glaring errors or fallacies if I see them. Otherwise, I'm just here to win the game for the town like (most of) the rest of you.

Right now I'm trying something different from my normal style and I'm just riding out the first few pages so I can get a good read on everyone. Then the scum hunting will commence.
SAMMICHES SAMMICHES SAMMICHES
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by Tororingu-chan »

Pablo Molinero wrote:Otherwise, I'm just here to win the game
for the town
like (most of) the rest of you.
ehehehe, people sure do like waving little "hi, I'm townie!" flags around here~ ^_^;; I never thought it was beneficial for any player, scum or town, to claim a town-alignment... v_v;; You prove your townie-ness by your play, not by saying that you are one~~

Logically speaking, there is no way I can call that kind of thing a scumtell, but it definitely leaves me with a bad feeling~ >_<;;

Anywayzz, I do look forward to your scumhunting~~~
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by Tororingu-chan »

Eh... Pablo's last post, which went along the lines of:
"Hey you townies, you can't trust me just because I'm the IC, I'm only here to win the game
for the town.
" strikes me as a very odd and contradictory sort of comment to me.... o_O;; Is it just me???

What were you thinking when you wrote that, Pablo?? @_@;;;
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:12 pm

Post by Tororingu-chan »

Wow grammar mauled~ ;_;
Mafia_failure
Mafia_failure
Townie
Mafia_failure
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:12 pm

Post by Mafia_failure »

PaltryExcuse wrote:At this point it is hard to tell, but the person I have my eye on the most is Mafia_failure. His vote started the bandwagon of T-chan, and moved to DeathNote starting a new bandwagon.

Part of me thinks these are joke votes as this happened within the RVS, but it nonetheless caught my attention. Thoughts Mafia_failure?
Of course they are jokes. I normally don't like things to start out serious, so I RV a while there is still a chance
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by Pablo Molinero »

Tororingu-chan wrote:Eh... Pablo's last post, which went along the lines of:
"Hey you townies, you can't trust me just because I'm the IC, I'm only here to win the game
for the town.
" strikes me as a very odd and contradictory sort of comment to me.... o_O;; Is it just me???

What were you thinking when you wrote that, Pablo?? @_@;;;
"Hey townies, try to not look at my IC status like it's anything special, I'm townie and trying to win with you. If you're scum, you can screw off."

Yes.

How is it contradictory? You're reaching hard, and you know it.
Pablo Molinero
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Pablo Molinero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:39 pm

Post by Pablo Molinero »

You know what, this whole "sit back for a few pages" thing just doesn’t do it for me. It sounded better when I was first doing it. (Yeesh, I don't post for a freakin' day and I already have people saying "the IC doesn’t post enough?! I'm offended good sirs and madams!) I've reread the thread and have some decent reads on people.

Vote: OMGLyncher

The reasons are two-fold. Firstly, he prefaces his RVS vote with "OMGUSVote:" so we're really, super sure that he's not serious with his vote. Being overly cautious is sometimes forgivable in newbie games, but it is as a whole, mildly scummy. Secondly, he challenges a few idea on page 2, but when people come in to argue against him, he just sort of shuts down instead of pushing back. He hasn't posted anything since then and I feel like he's trying to stay out of sight after ruffling a few feathers.

Votes are our weapons, kiddies. If we sit back and look for people doing things scummy *cough*havingfitz*cough, you'll get NOWHERE and the game will die and/or get taken over by the scum. You have to be proactive and challenge people.
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:41 pm

Post by Tororingu-chan »

Hmm... maybe it's just that I've never seen an IC do that... >_<;; I maintain that it doesn't help anyone to tell people your alignment because we have no way of verifying it. v_v;;

Earlier on you mentioned that you thought my posting style was kinda scumlike, and likewise I feel the same way~~~ ^_^
Tororingu-chan
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Tororingu-chan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:44 pm

Post by Tororingu-chan »

I don't disagree with that analysis~ would like responses from OMGLyncher please~~ ^_^
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by DeathNote »

I also noticed that he sorta faded into the shadows since then but most everyone, excluding T-Chan, have also done that. It was that reason I didn't say anything. Lyncher, if your reading this... you should post or else it just appears scummy for you as if your trying to lurk your way by.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
OMGHammer
OMGHammer
Townie
OMGHammer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:14 am

Post by OMGHammer »

Sorry: I wasn't able to get on yesterday. I'll try and answer all the questions. Firstly: How many games have I played:
none at all
hence all my n00b errors. Think of me as a) overeager and b) drunk, and you have a pretty good idea of where I'm at.

T-Chan: Woah that is a scary number of questions (I guess I deserve them). I didn't want to vote because It looked like you and deathnote were both on L-2 at some point and if I'd voted then it would be easy for a quicklynch followed by me being implicated: result two (probable) townies lynched and we're down to lylo in addition to having lost (probably) an active scumhunter.

Why did I stay in the background after that? Lets see my post record for this game: 1 random vote (which the IC finds suspicious as well) plus 2 absolutely insane posts that are rapidly painting a bullseye on my neck. I think the town would be much better off if I'm not so active otherwise I'm going to confuse everyone and the scum will have a field day. That also explains why I wanted to have a good think before I defended myself: I'm a naturally argumental poster and in other forums I'm inclined to get in flame wars which will only help the scum.

Keep the noose around my neck for now: I need to earn my way out of this suspicion. :oops:
OMG

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”