Newbie 843 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by tubby216 »

after a re-read i feel i am confindant in my vote.
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by crazypianist1116 »

Weekend is here. I'll be doing a re-read tomorrow.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:42 am

Post by Zachrulez »

WrathofShadows wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:Town gets defensive and scum does not?
I wasn't saying the scum doesn't go on defense, my point was that a list puts more information out on the town than on the scum. Gives em a free shot if things match up enough between different people.
Suppose there are a couple people that others seem suspicious about. The mafia may use that to their advantage to remove the competition without ever exposing themself/themselves.
THAT is my problem with using scumlists in the first place.

BTW, Vulcan Mode, from what i can figure, is a complete and utter lack of emotion
Is a vote not the beginning of a suspicion list with the general idea that the person you are voting for is your top suspect?

Not making scumlists isn't going to keep the scum from knowing who you find suspicious unless you're not noting suspicious actions and not scum hunting outright.
WrathofShadows
WrathofShadows
Townie
WrathofShadows
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:29 am

Post by WrathofShadows »

I don't make a vote unless i have what i conceive to be concrete reason.
Zachrulez wrote:Not making scumlists isn't going to keep the scum from knowing who you find suspicious unless you're
not noting suspicious actions and not scum hunting outright.
I don't appreciate the insinuation here. As it stands, I don't see where any of the mafia have made enough mistakes for us to accurately take 'em down.
Show
Some would say he's a killer.
I prefer to think of it as natural selection.
--Anonymous

"The Invincible Eraser Rain!!"
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:02 am

Post by tubby216 »

well we have to think of something deadline is in 3 days,
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
david-villa-7
david-villa-7
Townie
david-villa-7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:12 am

Post by david-villa-7 »

sorry i am saying this but i have PM'ed Hohum asking to be replaced because last night my laptop broke and i will have very rare access to the internet, i will try and post but i doubt i will be able to, at the moment i am on my moms computer which is a blessing because she is normally glued to it, anywhos at everyone- have a good game
Show
Finished games

Win/Loss
Town 0/1
Scum 0/0

[b][u]just so everyone knows ash is my RL nickname, david villa is a football (soccer)player[/u][/b]
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:46 pm

Post by Meji Fan »

The deadline is not in 3 days! There are 3 week deadlines. The game started on the 20th
There is no problem so big it cannot be solved by an even bigger explosion
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:30 pm

Post by Meji Fan »

WrathofShadows: Voting causes reactions. Reactions reveal scum. Also, even if you arent confident someone is scum, you can feel someone is scummier than someone else
Soyasushi
Soyasushi
Townie
Soyasushi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:02 am

Post by Soyasushi »

I'm still sticking to yernab until I manage to get a scummier reaction from someone else. Also, tubby - you said something about your method being able to catch scum most of the time, but what method? Being an SE, you aren't contributing much other than "Hurry up post more! Hurry up post more!" After rereading, what tells were you able to pick up? At least say some stuff, it'll be helpful with the discussion.
I only play one game at a time, until further notice.
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:42 am

Post by Meji Fan »

actually,
@mod, can we get a deadline update?
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:07 am

Post by tubby216 »

sorry i thought i read where this game was dealined for the 29th but i could be wrong
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:15 am

Post by hohum »

Deadline is October 11th.
hohum
hohum
Uncle Potbear
hohum
Uncle Potbear
Uncle Potbear

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by hohum »

EtherealCookie replaces david-villa-7
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:29 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Replacing for david-villa-7 . Give me a bit, guys, and I'll read and catch up. I currently have cleaners over at the house so I'm a bit distracted.
crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116
Goon
crazypianist1116
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:36 pm

Post by crazypianist1116 »

Welcome, EtherealCookie. Can I eat you?
Soyasushi
Soyasushi
Townie
Soyasushi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by Soyasushi »

This is one slow game... Yernab, can you please say something regarding my suspicions?
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Let's see...

Tubby.
Why did you keep posting we need more posts? How exactly does that contribute to anything at all? Especially on the same two pages.
Tubby wrote:because thats how i roll. you will not see from me large posts full of texts, i my quote people but sooner or later you'll see what i am getting out. Its like making soup right now you all you see is the ingrediants and your like WFT? but soon you'll see it.
So basically, your play style is contributing nothing at all to town other than a few tidbits on informations now and then? It seems like you're just trying to avoid attention by keeping quiet, but you sure aren't doing a good job.

The rest of your posts continue to be unhelpful.
Tubby wrote:agree with this post.
Okay...
also i wanna appologize i will try to get into this game do a real thorough read tomorrow and post thoughts before sat.
after a re-read i feel i am confindant in my vote.
Where exactly are the "posting of thoughts?"
manho wrote:unvote, vote: tubby for asking for more post and more talk without actually giving them.

and to the question by yernab, i will do the exact same thing i would do as town. is the answer the same as meji? great mind think alike, or i'm just copying from meji. [serious]it is optimistic for all scum to act exactly the same as they will as town. and i don't think scum should do stuff that scum would do. i would go for the scumtell and lynch the scum but not thinking in the WIFOM cycle.[/serious]
What exactly is stuff that "scum would do?" The scum should be doing nothing suspicious in day anyhow. So I don't really get your point. And, how can there be a scumtell if you think scum behaves exactly like town? The difference between scum and town is that scum has extra information that it can let slip, not to mention a person who's actually town behaves exactly like town, while a person who is scum usually tries to act like town too hard (Overly pro-town, that either chases after a lynch like a hound or offers an analysis and then remains quiet, just joining bandwagons with a good reason.) That's good scum. Then you've got the silly scum that just tries to remain quiet and out of the picture, which people notice easily. Yeah, I'm looking at you, Tubby.
manho wrote:the smileys thing is really interesting and need more reseach.
That better be sarcasm.

WrathofShadows wrote: Anyone can post a smiley. Since we don't have the advantage of facial expressions or verbal emphasis, it makes it virtually impossible to figure the true meaning (town being nice vs. scum disguise)

FoS Manho.
I want to see what information i can gather from his response..
manho wrote:who is that "he"?
Wrath. If you want to see someones response and gather information from it, why would you tell them? Secondly, why a FoS? You could at least vote. Nobody's afraid of a FoS with no analysis. It says nothing.

Manho, what kind of response was that? You didn't even ask what exactly the point of that was.

Scum trying to interact with scumbuddy as to not seem suspicious? Hm...
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

WrathOfShadows
:
WrathOfShadows wrote:The "If i were mafia" comment always seems bad to me since that will ALWAYS catch someone's attention in the worst way possible.
Already thinking about what might catch people's attention, and what might not?
WrathOfShadows wrote:@Meji-Manho didn't do anything suspicious, but that for me makes me suspicious. everyone says something to set someone else off at some point and i was just trying to see what reaction he'd have to it. Unfortunately, a brush-off isn't much of a tell one way or the other
So you know it isn't going to be a tell, yet you still see the need to see what reaction he'd have?
Suppose there are a couple people that others seem suspicious about. The mafia may use that to their advantage to remove the competition without ever exposing themself/themselves.
THAT is my problem with using scumlists in the first place.
How are the mafia going to use that to their advantage? If they have no good reason for lynching someone, and are just joining a bandwagon, that really gives them away Day II. Now, if they NK suspicious people, more power to them. They just allowed us to turn our attention away from suspicious townies that are now dead.
WrathOfShadows wrote:I don't make a vote unless i have what i conceive to be concrete reason.
So basically, you're not going to try to get people to react, and get any responses?

The rest of you I haven't given a good look over yet, but will get to. However, as of currently...

Vote:WrathOfShadows
You seem like a smart guy. Yet you're keeping quiet and trying to stop discussions like scumlists from taking place, and aren't really making an attempt to find scum.
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by Meji Fan »

EtherealCookie - what makes WrathofShadows more interesting than tubby? You seemed to have more thoughts on the tubby topic
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:16 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

I found some meta on Tubby. It's normal for him to act like this, and everyone suspects him of scum but it turns out he isn't. That doesn't mean we dismiss him from being scum, but his behavior isn't as odd as it might seem. I more of see "Useless Townie" than "Scummy".
yernab
yernab
Townie
yernab
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:23 pm

Post by yernab »

Soyasushi wrote:Chill, yernab. Why so desperate? You aren't the one under the most suspicion here,
Oh? So who, in your mind, is under the most suspicion?
yet you are getting so desperately defensive. Are you trying to hide something?
This is one slow game... Yernab, can you please say something regarding my suspicions?
Well, you're the one calling for my defense. I'm not sure if I see "desperately defensive" as a scumtell, really - are you saying that a townie should allow himself to be lynched, or defend himself with less vigor than mafia?
The smilies aren't exactly a tell, but it just gives me some sort of feeling.
"Some sort" of feeling? If you're not even really sure how you feel about it, why bring it up?
But that's not the main reason I'm voting for you. In your post, you tried to shift everyone's attention to how ridiculous my "smiley" argument is (even though it was just a one-liner in my post in the previous page), which also means you're trying to shift everyone's attention
away
from my main points.
You're suffering a bit of unwarranted self-importance if you think my post was a response to you entirely. Sure, you originally brought up the concept, but there were five more posts - count 'em - in response to the subject before I even replied. If my response seemed a bit strong to you, it's simply because I wanted to prevent people from wasting any more time on the subject. It seems generally agreed on here that smilies aren't really a signal one way or the other.

So, the smilies thing was a bit misguided, but I'm getting a townish vibe from you anyway - you're at least trying to scumhunt and get reactions, which is more than I can say for some of us here, such as... manho.

After reading EtherealCookie's analysis, I decided to look at manho's posts exclusively. If you're reading this, go ahead - at the bottom of the page, set the user to "manho" and see what you get. Although the bulk of EtherealCookie's analysis is aimed at tubby, who has been... rather unhelpful on the whole, manho's posts are even more devoid of substance. And he's an SE, too - if anything, he should be using the benefit of his experience to help us scumhunt. But so far, nothing.

So, until I get a response from manho explaining why he isn't helping us out more, I'm gonna
vote manho
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:53 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

I didn't know I could set to user posts. Thanks for that. Makes reading people much more easier.
Soyasushi
Soyasushi
Townie
Soyasushi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:55 pm

Post by Soyasushi »

Him being an SE, I believe we can find some meta from manho, so I'm going to check to see how he used to behave in games where he's scum or he's town.

Anyway, yernab - At that point of the game, Tubby was certainly under the most suspicion. And it's not like I'm very, very sure that you're scum or you're close to being lynched. I believe that scum would be more afraid of being lynched than town, since after all, there are only 2 of them and if one dies, it will be hard for them to win. Town, however, with our at least 3 times larger population, we will still have a chance.

Also, if you think I'm town, then there's no need to make personal attacks like that.

@EtherealCookie: User posts?
Soyasushi
Soyasushi
Townie
Soyasushi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:01 pm

Post by Soyasushi »

Also, you didn't say anything about why you're trying to shift everyone's attention to my smiley comment even though it was just a one-liner, and thus shifting their attention away from my main points. This was the most important thing in my post in Page 4, and yet you regarded it, yet again trying to make a fool out of me by laughing at the whole smiley thing.
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:56 am

Post by EtherealCookie »

I'm talking about Display posts from previous: (X) by (X) (X) Go

Also, is 123 for me?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”