Newbie 843 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:46 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Kyiv wrote:
Sanjay wrote:Unfortunately not. After posting a lengthy post about who the scumteam was and why, hohum accidentally posted the lynch scene for Zachrulez, revealing him to be a Mafia Goon. I saw it. Deadline hadn't arrived and Zach hadn't been hammered, so though I knew Zach was guilty based on my cop investigation, I was now privileged to information I shouldn't know: that Zach was not a roleblocker. I had to be replaced out. hohum even deleted my lengthy post too.
This game seems to be good at letting people down... so wait, is this why you pretty much gave up at the end of D3, Zach?
I actually didn't know about this...
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I claimed scum though because I tried to defend myself by saying that starbuck didn't hammer me either...

But it quickly became obvious the only reason I wouldn't have been hammered by any of the scum suspects was because I WAS in fact scum. I realized there was no way to argue out of that so I just pretty much claimed scum...lol
Mr Finch
Mr Finch
Goon
Mr Finch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:47 am

Post by Mr Finch »

Have you guys ever heard of Pineapple Goggles? For me it's a quote from a web comic called CTRL+ALT+DEL:
For seven seconds each day my brain cells align and provide me with a focus and certainty of knowledge that borders on prophetic wisdom
That's exactly what I had when I dropped the hammer this afternoon. I then spent up to a few minutes ago panicking and getting all WIFOMY with myself about whether I'd done the right thing.

Thankfully it turned out to be the right thing.

I can't pretend to take any credit for the win, I hadn't realised about the whole RB Vs NK thing going into the final day and didn't even notice the bits that Paltry called me on.

I had read the first 10 pages of the game before hohum even announced for replaements and I must admit that I would have gone for Tuuby too. Didn't get anything from Zach in what I first read and by the time I got to post Tubby had already revealed that he was Cop, which I knew from my role PM.

I am glad that we could complete this game though, I hope everything's ok for Hohum - I know that he had a number of gmes he was modding. For what it's worth, my PMs to him about the cop role and my night investigation are still sat in my outbox. I'd asked the mod for the history of Tubby's investigations too.

Huge thanks to Vel for stepping in and keeping us going.

The only thing that confused me was how manho could suggest I was scummy even after he'd protected me.

Starbuck - my apologies for not giving you the chance to respond. I hadn't taken in Platry's final game post (although I had read it) and just went for it.

I think the major problem with this game was the number of replacements the game had to deal with, it made it very difficult to try and keep up with who was whom.

As for Sanjay, I thought when I replaced that you had flaked without even posting so I apologise for thinking the worst of you!

Kyiv - It was a throw away line to see how you'd react, Paltry called me on it almost immediately!

I hope to play with some or all of you again in the future!
>That's [i]Mister[/i] Finch to you, scum!
>I am not in America. GMT Rulez!
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:51 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I should go for the slogan. "Scum don't let cops get guilty results on scum."
Kyiv
Kyiv
Goon
Kyiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:09 am

Post by Kyiv »

Pretty interesting that I was close to being NKed for being a cop... I hadn't any idea I was giving off any power-role vibes, but then again I guess you wouldn't know anyway.
TTFN
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by Sanjay »

Don't worry about it, Mr. Finch. I knew my replacement out would make me look like some kind of jerk, but hohum couldn't very well explain why I was gone, so I just had to let you guys think I was a jerk for a while.

I totally know what you mean about that sudden moment of clarity. It's a great feeling. Sometimes you can have it and still be wrong, but hey, it's better than just sitting around not knowing who the scum are.

Kyiv, you did a really great job of being obv. town. Starbuck vs. you was a pretty easy choice. Keep doing what you're doing the next time you're scum and you'll do pretty well.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Meji Fan »

Hi all. Id like to apologize about flaking . . . . my move went disastrously and just couldnt keep up at all
There is no problem so big it cannot be solved by an even bigger explosion
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:55 pm

Post by manho »

first time being the doc here, and the first guess is right. soyasushi is too pro-town day 1. expect for that protection, i suck the whole game. the replacements got us the win.

@mr finch, the chance that you are scum is always there, and i'm not suggesting you are scummy, but that you are not cleared.

hope to see you all soon in other games.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:18 am

Post by tubby216 »

hi all

first my appologies for having to be replaced. I had severe computer issues and replaced out of the majority of games i was in.

This was my first time ever having a pro town power role and cop at that.

I was surprised that zach had me pegged.

I was also glad Mr Finch diddn't have tomany issues after he replaced me.

when i got the guilty on zach i was i knew we had this in the bag after manho claimed and lived cause either way it went down we would have two cleared townies in end game. I prolly shouldn't have annouced that i would be investigating starbuck next. but i figured if i did it would force star buck to role block me and not kill.

but well played by all i am just sorry we all had issues out side the game that hurt the game.
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:49 am

Post by tubby216 »

oh and another question had your actions been different if i had not announced i was going to investigate you?
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:56 am

Post by tubby216 »

just read the scum qt. Zach stay out of my head!!!!! lol you had me dead to rights and was thinkin exactly what i was thinkin the whole time. You are either lucky or just that good. I hope you and i don't end up on oposing sides agian. good job
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:24 am

Post by Zachrulez »

tubby216 wrote:just read the scum qt. Zach stay out of my head!!!!! lol you had me dead to rights and was thinkin exactly what i was thinkin the whole time. You are either lucky or just that good. I hope you and i don't end up on oposing sides agian. good job
Yeah you'd think with everything I had figured out I wouldn't have proposed we go the way we did with night actions eh? That was so horrible what I did... lol
Ojanen
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Ojanen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:00 am

Post by Ojanen »

Yeah, I was pretty glad that I pulled the nightkill; it's fun when you manage to turn the tables like that from a universally suspected slot upon replacing.
I actually also wavered on attacking tubby despite the apparent scumminess and never went after him because of the powerrole hints that didn't seem contrived.
I honestly thought the game was almost hopelessly stacked with town-town tunnelling when I replaced in, so very glad to see the end result and well done guys.

For the record I think the roleblocker should be allowed to block and kill at the same time.
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by Meji Fan »

This also was my first time playing scum. I tried to do what I have normally tried to do lately . . . pick whoever strikes me as interesting and go after them. Didnt work so well (I kept getting picked out for being wishy washy before, so, that became 'thing I must try and avoid')
There is no problem so big it cannot be solved by an even bigger explosion
EtherealCookie
EtherealCookie
Goon
EtherealCookie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by EtherealCookie »

Oh snap. I was pretty far off. Just noticed this game ended.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:25 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”