Mini 852- Crayola Catastrophe Game Over (Post 1158)

semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:51 am

Post by semioldguy »

GreenDude wrote:
I don't think that a theme game will have just vanilla townies and mafia. There will be interesting roles and chamber might have something important.

And just because chamber is requesting a replacement doesn't mean he's scum, he might be an important townie who if lynched could ruin the town.
Why do you think it good to speculate about his role?
Manzcar
Manzcar
Goon
Manzcar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:49 am

Post by Manzcar »

UNVOTE
I need to go back over things. Something doesn't feel right.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:54 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Sorry if I've been away from the game, I'll catch up as soon as I have time.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:54 am

Post by GreenDude »

@semioldguy: I'm not speculating. I'm simply suggesting a theory that chamber might not be vanilla townie and that he thought that his role was important enough for it to be beneficial to the town for being lynched. But on the other hand he could be a regular vanilla townie. Though there could even be something bad happens if he's lynched.
Violence is not the answer. It is a question, and my answer is yes!
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:55 am

Post by GreenDude »

That is soo annoying I keep forgetting to color my text. *bangs head on the computer*
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:30 am

Post by SocioPath »

GreenDude wrote:
@semioldguy: I'm not speculating. I'm simply suggesting a theory that chamber might not be vanilla townie and that he thought that his role was important enough for it to be beneficial to the town for being lynched. But on the other hand he could be a regular vanilla townie. Though there could even be something bad happens if he's lynched.
Are you serious? Is that really how you are playing things out? Stupid amounts of role fishing and implications in this post.

GreenDude wrote:
And just because chamber is requesting a replacement doesn't mean he's scum, he might be an important townie who if lynched could ruin the town.
Your entire case is invalid solely for the fact I'm not even voting for charter or the person that is to replace him.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:37 am

Post by semioldguy »

Not to mention the same argument could be made for someone who is scum.
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:44 am

Post by GreenDude »

Chamber said he replaced as either alignment so my role theory is wrong.
GreenDude
GreenDude
Goon
GreenDude
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:45 am

Post by GreenDude »

Dang, not AGAIN, I remembered but then I forgot. so sorry mod :(
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

chamber wrote:
(and for the record its a lot harder to play as scum when you can't explain your votes.)
Wifom.

But as far as chamber goes, I'm going to cut his replacement some slack. Let's say that I wouldn't want to replace into that situation.

Unvote
, as it ain't RVS anymore (, I guess it wasn't for a while, but I only just remembered my vote).
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:58 pm

Post by Budja »

unvote

Thats one problem solved I guess.
Semioldguy wrote:

For misrepresenting L-1 as L-2. Could have drawn an accidental quick-lynch without the hammer knowing they hammered.
I did say "I think", it wasn't a thorough count by any means.

Semioldguy wrote:

I thought it would look like I was stretching my original intent and that would look bad. I didn't want to make an
additional excuse for a poor vote
Could you explain the bolded?

I'm fairly null on Greendude, awful reasoning but its feels more newbie than scummy to me.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:14 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Will be V/LA for the next three days, but I'll post here on Saturday.
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Unvote chamber
. Not sure who to vote for now...can I get a summary of the case on Budja please?
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:45 pm

Post by ChiboSempai »

Who is to say that everything from Chamber is gone? If he acted what we thought was scummy meaning he was mafia, then whoever replaces him would have the same role and be mafia as well. I'm gonna keep my vote for the time being and see how it plays out.
Show
join game

lynch town

win
I'm here from [url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031]Smash World Forums[/url]
Kirbyoshi
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Kirbyoshi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:52 pm

Post by Kirbyoshi »

Chibo, please don't misunderstand. My vote will go back onto the new lavender player if he/she does something scummy; I just wanna give the replacement the benefit of the doubt. Replacements can't explain their predecessors' scumminess.
Show
Kirbyoshi 2.0 records:
Town: 1-0

"I view myself as a turtle..."--Heilograph
"We were all noobs once...except Chuck Norris."--CHAOSDRAGON88
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:08 pm

Post by chamber »

ChiboSempai wrote:
Who is to say that everything from Chamber is gone? If he acted what we thought was scummy meaning he was mafia, then whoever replaces him would have the same role and be mafia as well. I'm gonna keep my vote for the time being and see how it plays out.

I don't think a replacement has been found for me yet so in the mean time I just want to say that what I was being attacked for was my play style. If you look at other games I've played in that would become very apparent. Several players showed a distaste for my play style. I'd rather be unhappy and replace out leaving the game with 12 happy players then remain in the game and make other players enjoy it less, or worse potentially compromise the game by getting lynched for an out of game reason. If my replacement is just going to be in the same situation I was in then there is no need for me to replace out. In short I ask you "Was what I did really scummy, or did you just dislike that I was doing it?"

@kirby Its violet.
Taking a break from the site.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:22 pm

Post by SocioPath »

chamber wrote:
In short I ask you "Was what I did really scummy, or did you just dislike that I was doing it?"

Its scummy by every definition of the word.

Having a scummy meta and then defending those scummy actions in game with a cry of "but thats my meta!" is also scummy.

Lets say my meta was that of refusing to vote ever. Regardless of alignment, I never vote. Or anything of the sort. And then defended not voted by saying I never vote. And then even got a title based on never voting...that does not change the fact that its scummy.
Part of scum hunting is voting patterns...but oh look, never voting means no voting patterns, no RVS votes, nothing. Not even a self vote.
Thats not really playing the game though, thats just being a jackass for metas sake. Perhaps to boost my chances to win at being scum cause I'm a harder read! Oh Boy!

Anywho, you asked for replacement, and the mod reconfirmed as such...I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be posting in games where the mod is actively looking to replace you.
Site violations and such.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:42 pm

Post by chamber »

SocioPath wrote:
chamber wrote:
In short I ask you "Was what I did really scummy, or did you just dislike that I was doing it?"

Its scummy by every definition of the word.

Having a scummy meta and then defending those scummy actions in game with a cry of "but thats my meta!" is also scummy.

Lets say my meta was that of refusing to vote ever. Regardless of alignment, I never vote. Or anything of the sort. And then defended not voted by saying I never vote. And then even got a title based on never voting...that does not change the fact that its scummy.
Part of scum hunting is voting patterns...but oh look, never voting means no voting patterns, no RVS votes, nothing. Not even a self vote.
Thats not really playing the game though, thats just being a jackass for metas sake. Perhaps to boost my chances to win at being scum cause I'm a harder read! Oh Boy!

Anywho, you asked for replacement, and the mod reconfirmed as such...I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be posting in games where the mod is actively looking to replace you.
Site violations and such.
I don't think there is any such rule, but if the mod asks me to stop I will. I just don't want my replacement to have to carry this around. That aside in your example that players actions would be at worst anti-town, not scummy. This also means my actions are at worse anti-town, and not scummy. And since I wont be here much longer they wont be being done any longer and since they weren't scummy they shouldn't carry on to whomever replaces me. I say this of course without admitting that what I said was anti-town. For clarities sake I take 'anti-town' to mean any action that hurts the town, and 'scummy' to mean actions that indicates the person that did said action is scum. These often overlap but don't always do so. Having an anti-town meta would be such a case.
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:12 pm

Post by semioldguy »

Kirbyoshi wrote:
Unvote chamber
. Not sure who to vote for now...can I get a summary of the case on Budja please?
I thought he was trying to draw a quick-lynch/accidental-lynch on chamber by misrepresenting the votecount as being L-2 when instead it was L-1. The other two votes on him look like they were just put there randomly.
ChiboSempai
ChiboSempai
Goon
ChiboSempai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:23 am

Post by ChiboSempai »

I don't even like the whole ~I don't like situation I'm replacing out~ kind of ordeal anyway. If the role is scum, then keeping some votes on as a pressure would do good I think. Imagine if you were the replacement's shoes, your told the game has already been going on for a handful of pages, your mafia, and you've got votes on you already. How do you work your way out of it? They would have to do something if they want to convince us otherwise and want to win the game.

Instead of giving the new player the benefit of the doubt (esp since the role is the same), I'm going to look to the new player to prove that they aren't scum to us instead of looking for reasons in the new player to believe again that they are scum.
Show
join game

lynch town

win
I'm here from [url=http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=72031]Smash World Forums[/url]
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:52 am

Post by chamber »

ChiboSempai wrote:
I don't even like the whole ~I don't like situation I'm replacing out~ kind of ordeal anyway. If the role is scum, then keeping some votes on as a pressure would do good I think. Imagine if you were the replacement's shoes, your told the game has already been going on for a handful of pages, your mafia, and you've got votes on you already. How do you work your way out of it? They would have to do something if they want to convince us otherwise and want to win the game.

Instead of giving the new player the benefit of the doubt (esp since the role is the same), I'm going to look to the new player to prove that they aren't scum to us instead of looking for reasons in the new player to believe again that they are scum.

You seem to be missing the point. I'm not replacing out because I don't like the situation, I'm replacing out because you guys don't like my play style. It is exactly that though, a play style. I don't explain my votes. Policy lynching me for it would be one thing, but to prevent that I'm leaving. Finding me scummy for it is simply being idiotic. Feel free to hold anything else I've done against my replacement though.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:06 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

So, in general, chamber, you never play to win if you are town. Well, if you never explain your votes then I guess you will be scummy in every other game you play. Then, why even bother playing? And, I agree that it seems more like you are replacing to get out of the situation, not for the playstyle crap. Because that "crap" will follow you everywhere (well, at least every game where there are good players). I myself wouldn't let something like that past slip without hard questioning.

The Budja case might seem good, but I'm not buying it. He specified a "no lynching yet" after the bad vote count, and a "I think" before, so he could have really missed that extra vote.

I don't like, in the other hand, semioldguy's vote jumping from one place to another. I also don't like at all the role-fishing proposed by SocioPath in 77.

Need to keep reading.

Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
semioldguy
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
semioldguy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:13 am

Post by semioldguy »

Snow_Bunny wrote:
I also don't like at all the role-fishing proposed by SocioPath in 77.
What rolefishing was that? This seems to me like a blatant misrepresentation. If anything, SocioPath was speaking against role-fishing, not trying to fish for roles himself. Explain your interpretation.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:01 am

Post by Battousai »

ZazieR replaces Chamber as soon as I get a confirmation. Vote count in a couple of hours.
Manzcar
Manzcar
Goon
Manzcar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:03 am

Post by Manzcar »

GreenDude
ISO Post 4
I think Chamber was misunderstood and sociopath sounds like he is trying to explain what chamber is saying and get an easy townie kill because he says it doesn't matter whether chamber is townie or not.

Sociopath is even saying to screw chamber. In my opinion screwing would mean lynching without adequete reason.

I don't think that a theme game will have just vanilla townies and mafia. There will be interesting roles and chamber might have something important.

Defending Chamber and rolefishing/suggesting power role

Why did you feel it necessary to defend Chamber? Do you think that not explaining your votes or feelings is scummy or not?
Why are you trying to suggest or theorizing that Chamber has a power role??
Kirbyoshi wrote:
Unvote chamber

Kirby any particular reason you want others to do the heavy lifting for you?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”