Newbie 848 - The Bunny Mafia Family - over finally!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:43 pm

Post by Incognito »

Vote Count #1 of Day 1

Nachomamma8 (1) <-~ Sposh
Sposh (1) <-~ Tehstefan
Tehstefan (1) <-~ sxizzor
MichelSableheart (1) <-~ Nachomamma8
TheBeanBurrito (1) <-~ Jase

Not voting (4) <-~ TheBeanBurrito, StarOfTheShow, broncofaninmd, MichelSableheart

With 9 alive, 5 will do it.

[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
TheBeanBurrito
TheBeanBurrito
Townie
TheBeanBurrito
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:27 pm

Post by TheBeanBurrito »

Jase wrote:
TheBeanBurrito wrote:Which alliteration? My name, or sig.
Oddly enough, the one time I played prior to this, I was voted as scum for voting randomly the first day. Not that I don't, I am voted for again. What luck! Hahaha.
Your name. Obviously you are a member of the dreaded bunny family.
Haha, quite the coincidence. TheBeanBurrito, Bunny Mafia Family Member.
Vote: StarOFTheShow
Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine.
Give me your soul.... please?
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by Jase »

TheBeanBurrito wrote: Haha, quite the coincidence. TheBeanBurrito, Bunny Mafia Family Member.
Vote: StarOFTheShow
And now a vote with no justification at all! My initial read seems to have been accurate.
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
Tehstefan
Tehstefan
Townie
Tehstefan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:41 pm

Post by Tehstefan »

I do believe the vote was to pressure some of the people that haven't been voting, or saying anything.
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:47 pm

Post by Sposh »

How about my answer to that question, hmm? How is THAT going to start discussion any more than random joke posts?
I want it now // I want it now
Give me your heart and your soul

[b]W/L/D: 0/0/0[/b]
sxizzor
sxizzor
Townie
sxizzor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by sxizzor »

so much psychologicalism going on itt

still voting tehstefan he is not posting much looks suspicious
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:26 am

Post by Sposh »

Hey, watch this:

Unvote, Vote: tehstefan

Oh my God! You suck!

Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:03 am

Post by Jase »

Fos: Sposh
for blatant OMGUS.

For those of you who don't know, FoS is the finger of suspicion, and OMGUS is Oh my god you suck.

A FoS is used to declare suspicion of somebody who for some reason you don't want to place a vote on.

An OMGUS vote is a vote for somebody for the sole reason that they voted for you first.
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
Tehstefan
Tehstefan
Townie
Tehstefan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:31 am

Post by Tehstefan »

Not posting much in the random voting phase is not a big deal, considering we have a lack of information. Still, does anyone perhaps have any reads on anyone? Any inkling at all is something that should be said, information is good for the town after all.
TheBeanBurrito
TheBeanBurrito
Townie
TheBeanBurrito
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:00 am

Post by TheBeanBurrito »

Right now, I'm sure everyone is settling into who they are dealing with. Introduction, I imagine, would at least be customary. But I guess we bypassed that. Can I role play in here; Can I take on the identity of a character I use in other forums?
Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:14 am

Post by Jase »

I'm a bit suspicious of sableheart.
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:58 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

MichelSableheart wrote:Hello everyone, hope we have a fun game.

I'm your IC for this game, which means I'm here to play along while helping you with questions about game theory, mafia in general, and mafiascum traditions.

One of those traditions is the random voting stage. It is generally accepted that in the beginning of a game, when there isn't much to work with, players vote each other randomly and joke around a bit, in the hope to get reactions, use those to get a read on players, and use the information gained in that way to really start the game.

Personally, I don't agree with that. It is my belief that, if you want to get the game started, the best way to do that is to take actions that actually help the game move forward. That may mean pushing small scumtells you have found. That may mean asking people game relevant questions in order to get people discussing something useful. It definately means that you should actively be looking for scum, rather then fooling around.

Nachomamma, your answer of 'I don't need good reasons, this is the random voting stage' only stifles discussion. It completely takes the sting out of your vote, places no pressure whatsoever, and encourages people to fool around.

Sposh, how does your post 13 contribute to finding the scum?
Although you make a point, why didn't you do what you believe in? I see no scumhunting. This post only offers your personal opinion and practical advice. I find your introduction a little fishy.
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:32 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

Tehstefan wrote:Not posting much in the random voting phase is not a big deal, considering we have a lack of information. Still, does anyone perhaps have any reads on anyone? Any inkling at all is something that should be said, information is good for the town after all.
Could the lack of information be from the lack of posts? You want information posted, but you have not posted any, does this mean you have none?
TheBeanBurrito
TheBeanBurrito
Townie
TheBeanBurrito
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:45 am

Post by TheBeanBurrito »

broncofaninmd wrote:
Could the lack of information be from the lack of posts? You want information posted, but you have not posted any, does this mean you have none?
Nope, it means the rest of us have none.
Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:03 pm

Post by Jase »

TheBeanBurrito wrote:
broncofaninmd wrote:
Nope, it means the rest of us have none.
That isn't true. Bronco made a case against Sable, you could add to it or give your opinion on it. He hasn't made any attempt to move the game forward after his first post.
TheBeanBurrito
TheBeanBurrito
Townie
TheBeanBurrito
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:06 pm

Post by TheBeanBurrito »

I should have added 'about you, other than you don't post' to the end of that.
Obviously we have whatever info everyone else posts, just not what he does not post. he also has all info we post. That is what I was saying.
Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:08 pm

Post by Jase »

TheBeanBurrito wrote:I should have added 'about you, other than you don't post' to the end of that.
Obviously we have whatever info everyone else posts, just not what he does not post. he also has all info we post. That is what I was saying.
Who are you referring to here?
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:28 pm

Post by Incognito »

StarOfTheShow has been prodded as she hasn't posted since the game's start.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:54 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

Nachomamma wrote:But what actions do you take? In fooling around and drawing reactions from people such as you, you can get a general idea of who wishes to get the lynch first. For example, townies can spam for pages and pages without regret, but usually, the scum is the first to step in and accuse, just for the sake of getting the game started. And if no one is fooling around, what scumtells do you have to draw from? Absolutely nothing.
Towntells and scumtells can be found when players react to others, not when everyone is acting virtually random. Therefore, the actions that you should take are actions that are likely to draw reactions. Fooling around only draws reactions from players who are actually interested in getting the game on the road. By accusing someone of being scum for being eager to start (interesting role, therefore likely scum), for being the last to confirm (wanted more time to speak to scumbuddies) etcetera, you are actually going to get a response from the player you are accusing.

I very strongly disagree with your statement that townies can spam for pages and pages whereas scum will step in to get the game started. If nobody does anything but fool around till deadline hit, the lynch will effectively be random. Scum would be perfectly happy with that, because it basically means that the town is not using it's main weapon: lynching. Town, on the other hand, needs all information they can get. They won't get significant info if everybody is fooling around. Therefore, town should be the one strifing to get significant discussion started, whereas scum would be perfectly happy if the RVS continues.

---
Nachomamma wrote:Secondly, I feel asking game relevant questions is much more beneficial to scum. By asking innocent-seeming questions that will ultimately result in an advantage to scum, scum can rolefish with minimalistic risk. The newer players who are unsure what questions to ask, however, are crucified because of what questions they end up asking in the end, and any old scum can cause a mislynch immediately. It's much harder for scum to decide what to do/how to act in the RVS than in a questions game, and I prefer to give Mafiosos the minimal of breathing room.
I can't follow your reasoning here. Scum have information that they want to hide. They know of two roles which they want to keep secret at all costs. If hidden roles are more likely to be revealed by questions being asked, it seems to me that town is the faction that benefits most.

---
Nachomamma wrote:Please explain why game relevant questions benefit the town more than the RVS does.
Because the random voting stage is mostly random, it results in very little information becoming available to the town. However, if you ask game relevant questions (for example about lurking, quickhammering or the like), you can compare the answers they give in the beginning of the game to actions they take later. Town needs info in order to lynch correctly, whereas scum already knows who is and isn't on their faction. Info becoming available is therefore far more benificial for town. Besides, by asking game relevant questions, players won't be able to cop out with the completely useless "it's only the random voting stage, it doesn't matter what I do".

---
Sposh wrote:How about my answer to that question, hmm? How is THAT going to start discussion any more than random joke posts?
Your answer to my question is a complete cop out. This question shows that you are aware of that. Basically, you are intentionally acting anti-town.
Vote: Sposh

---
broncofaninmd wrote:Although you make a point, why didn't you do what you believe in? I see no scumhunting. This post only offers your personal opinion and practical advice. I find your introduction a little fishy.
Please take a good look at the last two paragraphs of the post you quoted. I stated that pushing small scumtells and asking game related questions are the best way to move the game forward at this point. I believe that the last two paragraphs are perfect examples of what I'm talking about.

---
Jase wrote:That isn't true. Bronco made a case against Sable, you could add to it or give your opinion on it. He hasn't made any attempt to move the game forward after his first post.
That is a bit of a misleading accusation, Jase. I didn't find the time to post at all yesterday. The way you word that accusation however, implies that I have been posting without actually contributing.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
StarOfTheShow
StarOfTheShow
Townie
StarOfTheShow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:42 am

Post by StarOfTheShow »

Hello.

Confirm.
Noo I'm so late.
Now I'm embaressed. Now I'm more embaressed for saying that :S
Lol.

How do you write in bold ???
I can't vote.

(Btw This is my first time on a mafia game :P)

Sorry for being so late!!
Sposh
Sposh
Goon
Sposh
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:54 am

Post by Sposh »

Michael, I answered the question as honestly as I could! We were in the joke voting part of the game, so I posted a joke vote, and yet you want to take that one post and over-analyze and try to spin it into me being "anti-town"! Not cool.

Also, I saw that someone said Bronco "made a case" against Sable... is it even really possible to have a case this early in the game with only two pages of information??

StarOfTheShow
StarOfTheShow
Townie
StarOfTheShow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:58 am

Post by StarOfTheShow »

Yey I found how to do Bold.
I'm gonna vote
Vote : TheBeanBurrito

Because you voted me for no reason
Tehstefan
Tehstefan
Townie
Tehstefan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:34 am

Post by Tehstefan »

Sure it is possible to make a case this early in the game, its what the town has to do. You make a case, then the other person either refutes it, or falls victim. Its all you really can do in this phase of the game.
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:14 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

StarOfTheShow wrote:Hello.

Confirm.
Noo I'm so late.
Now I'm embaressed. Now I'm more embaressed for saying that :S
Lol.

How do you write in bold ???
I can't vote.

(Btw This is my first time on a mafia game :P)

Sorry for being so late!!
Hello. Welcome to Mafia. Now that your finally here, care to explain why your so late?
broncofaninmd
broncofaninmd
Goon
broncofaninmd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:21 am

Post by broncofaninmd »

Tehstefan wrote:Sure it is possible to make a case this early in the game, its what the town has to do. You make a case, then the other person either refutes it, or falls victim. Its all you really can do in this phase of the game.
Anything at all no matter how minute it is, can be used as a "case". It is good to put pressure on people to get there reactions, stances, who comes to there defense, whats said or not said. That is why not posting is not good for the town. Even if your not the one being pressured, you should chime your opinion or feeling about it. It will help in later days.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”