Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:13 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

I'm in the same boat as Juls. I'm fairly neutral toward Baltar overall, but definitely skeptical of the wagon on him.

Him pushing Cobalt for being 3rd party isn't really a scum tell. If it was, then Sens should probably be lynched ASAP. I think Cobalt's reaction to that mess was a town tell, and ultimately that is what I was trying to push out of that whole deal, not that VP is scum or his actions mean as such.

I think ACSN is somewhat scummy. I really want to see what KMD has to say about all of this, as he has essentially disappeared the last few days.

VP: I call them ad homs because you were essentially attacking me personally by virtue of saying "here is a bad argument: I bet Goatrevolt will like this argument." It was an unnecessary jab at my intelligence or what have you (this is ignoring the fact that I'm right, and 3rd party should be the least of our concerns right now, of course :)). At any rate, I agree, let's move on.
a cold starry night
a cold starry night
Townie
a cold starry night
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by a cold starry night »

people who dont know what a fallacy is

horrible facepalm-inducing logic

obvious scum behavior

attacks that are so stupid that dont even deserve a retort

are all of you this bad? i dont forsee myself enjoying this game if so. only sense im seeing is from sens, juls, dt, fuzzy, kmd
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

The thing that I don't like about VP isn't that he is aggressive, as that is a null-tell, but he seems to be all over the place. I like the fact that you are trying to get people involved, it was just something about it rubbed me the wrong way. Right now, I am not comfortable with a VP lynch because after re-reading I am not getting scum vibes from him.

Unvote

@VP: Just because I don't post a lot of words, doesn't mean that I am not reading, I like to keep what I have to myself until I have an idea of what is going on in my head and in the game, when I see something to comment on, I will comment on it.

Vote: A Cold Starry Night
: You started out posting with some content but your last two posts have been "Oh Ok" and about Cobalt being lynched quickly, which is a complete waste of posts.

DDD: Hasn't said much of anything in this game, not even regarding a post count, just that Cobalt wasn't the lynch he wanted.

DTM: Clearly states what he is saying and I agree with most of what he has said

GR: Been actively hunting for scum to this point.

Juls: A bit leery of some of her posts but admitting to not knowing the flavor and at least seemingly trying to rectify that situation gets a bonus from me.

KMD: I understand its the weekend, but where'd you go?

LL: And what are your thoughts?

Sens: Feel that he is town but seemed to be not thinking through his posts completely

Sotty: Not liking the clear BW jumping
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
a cold starry night
a cold starry night
Townie
a cold starry night
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:49 pm

that was me obviously forgetting about my restriction

obviously
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by Vi »

This is our last chance to die as we've lived. As proud soldiers of the empire. If we survive this fight, imprisonment and a hushed-up execution await us. If we run from this fight, dishonor and pursuit will dog our miserable days. So I say, let's give those Daein curs a fight to remember, and let the glory of our deaths light our way! We've lived as proud soldiers of the empire! Let us die as proud soldiers of the empire!

Vote Count:

VP Baltar (L-3) ~ Debonair Danny DiPietro, Locke Lamora, Cobalt,
fuzzylightning,
Sotty7

Cobalt (L-4) ~ SensFan, Kmd4390, a cold starry night
a cold starry night (L-5) ~ VP Baltar, fuzzylightning
Kmd4390 (L-6) ~ Goatrevolt
Debonair Danny DiPietro (L-6) ~ DTMaster
Sotty7 (L-6) ~ Juls

Not Voting:
Juls

--With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
--Deadline is Saturday, October 17 2009.
(7 days left)

a cold starry night - 7
Cobalt - 21
Debonair Danny DiPietro - 2
DTMaster - 4
fuzzylightning - 5
Goatrevolt - 9
Juls - 5
Kmd4390 - 5
Locke Lamora - 3
SensFan - 17
Sotty7 - 3
VP Baltar - 8
Last edited by Vi on Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:22 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

ACSN: If you don't want to play this game, then you are free to replace, hopefully with someone interested in providing value to their posts. If you select to remain in the game, I hope that you would choose to tackle these so called problems you see, instead of just whining about them and doing nothing. I look forward to it.

Also, for someone who started with 50 posts, is there any reason you are wasting them on:
that was me obviously forgetting about my restriction

obviously
?

If anything is
obvious scum behavior
it would be complaining about the town and how bad they are but doing absolutely nothing about it. Am I wrong?
a cold starry night
a cold starry night
Townie
a cold starry night
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:17 pm

sorry

cant be arsed to explain myself to stupid people, gets tedious

i will interject every now and again when I can, try to point the town in the right direction, restriction permitting (44-45 or so posts left I think?) lol@"hurrr explain yourself, wait dont, you'll waste posts"

cobalt needs to be lynched. there is no excuse. baltar rolling in at a close second
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:38 pm

Post by Goatrevolt »

a cold starry night wrote:sorry

cant be arsed to explain myself to stupid people, gets tedious
Then I guess us stupid people will just have to be "arsed" into voting for you, right?

Get off your high-horse. Until you demonstrate your ability to say anything of value whatsoever, you are the dumbest player in this game, despite the air of superiority you are trying to project. The way you like to waste your limited posts with < 150 word posts consisting entirely of "wow people are stupid, but I'll just comment on it and do nothing of use" sounds like a pretty stupid waste of a superior mind like yours.
a cold starry night wrote:i will interject every now and again when I can, try to point the town in the right direction, restriction permitting (44-45 or so posts left I think?) lol@"hurrr explain yourself, wait dont, you'll waste posts"
Wow, fancy that, a nice misrep! Explaining yourself is hardly wasting posts. Using one of your posts to point out the fact that you have limited posts is a complete and utter waste of a post.
a cold starry night wrote:cobalt needs to be lynched. there is no excuse. baltar rolling in at a close second
Speaking of wasting a post. You wasted this entire post talking about how you have a limited number of posts and how you will use them to point the town in the right direction, and then you provide absolutely nothing of value.

Why does Cobalt need to be lynched? Why is Baltar rolling in at a close second?

And last of all: How do you expect scum with limited number of posts to play? Do you think they would maybe try to throw away a post or two every now and then (51, 54, 108)? Maybe they suggest that they are only going to post sparingly because they have limited posts, but then when they do post it's lacking meaningful content? Maybe they will try to point the town in the "right direction" but do so without any rationale or oomph backing their stances, so as to effectively do nothing and go along for the ride? I think that sounds about right. What do you think?

Unvote, Vote a cold starry night
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by Cobalt »

unvote vote: a cold starry night
hatersgonnahate.gif
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:56 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Sorry behind on my posting:

@Sens
89: Scum-survivor? What the? That would be extremely bastardy if Vi put that in this game.

94: Can you meta link the Harry Potter game in question? I'm interested since that concept is very dastardly. But I'm seeing your point, especially when flavor interpretation is subjective.

@Locke
Well I could rehash the flavor argument but there hasn't been a flavour counter claim. Plus we can test out Colbalt's claim (at least partially) with his active ability. I suggest we do the following:

Since he has the ability to give the town posts by sacrificing his own posts, he can give out posts to everyone in the town. This way we can semi-confirm his ability. Plus if Colbalt is able to spread his post count around then it would be beneficial to the town if he gives the right people the additional talking power.

So to me this makes Colbalt neutral leaning town for now. Why waste time speculating on his claim when we can test it.

@Juls
The way I word my posts means nothing to: DTM is scummy argument. Its equivalent to saying I think you are scummy because you didn't write out my full name in your attack on me. You should obviously attack me by what I say not how I say it. I want to address this with my first game on the newbie thread (see my wiki) where I was attacked for being active to the town.

The person who attacked me for being active to the town, rather then the content of my posts was scum grasping for straws in his argument. Yes the meta call is on a different person but your post reads as the same way.

@Colbalt
How would Miciah pretend to be Leonardo :S /scratches head at that topic.

BTW: I just wanted to clarify can you multi target your sacrifice or just do it to 1 person. (I'm thinking the latter given the nature of Sacrifice) If it's the former my idea to confirm your abilities can be tested if you give everyone in the town 1 additional post.

@ACSN
Would you still go for a Cobalt lynch after my role testing idea?
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:12 am

Post by Cobalt »

AFAIK I cannot multi-target.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:55 am

Post by Cobalt »

unvote vote: VP Baltar, FoS Sensfan
hatersgonnahate.gif
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:02 am

Post by Vi »

Maiden, take no risks upon yourself. You are the heart of this army, the soul that inspires us. We must not lose you. Leave this battle to me, and stay back.

Vote Count:

VP Baltar (L-3) ~ Debonair Danny DiPietro, Locke Lamora,
Cobalt,
Sotty7, Cobalt

a cold starry night (L-4) ~ VP Baltar, fuzzylightning, Goatrevolt,
Cobalt

Sotty7 (L-6) ~ Juls
Kmd4390 (L-7) ~
Goatrevolt

(7 days left)

a cold starry night - 8
Cobalt - 22
Debonair Danny DiPietro - 2
DTMaster - 5
fuzzylightning - 5
Goatrevolt - 11
Juls - 5
Kmd4390 - 5
Locke Lamora - 3
SensFan - 17
Sotty7 - 3
VP Baltar - 8
Last edited by Vi on Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:33 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

Cobalt: Why the sudden vote-hopping?

ACSN: So you admit to having a few posts in this game, yet you can't be bothered to explain yourself to the people in this game, so you will continue to make 3 line posts that essentially say nothing and provide nothing to this game? That makes a lot of sense.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:41 am

Post by Cobalt »

I used a trick* to gain access to the mafia win condition. It's not the usual control 50% of the town or whatever. It's (paraphrase) "remove all other factions from the game". So in fact town WANTS to keep 3rd parties alive, while mafia WANTS to lynch or kill them. This means sens and VP's desire to hunt down third party is something that actually makes sense from a mafia viewpoint, but not from a town viewpoint. I discovered this in between my ACSN vote and my VP vote.

*I used my falseclaim ability to have Vi make me a mafia role PM.

I can tell this is going to take explaining multiple times, so here it is so I don't burn too many posts: I got Vi to show me the mafia win condition. It says, paraphrased, "mafia wins when they kill off all over factions". NOT "comprise 50% of the town". So the mafia wants to remove the town as well as any 3rd parties (or another mafia, if there is one). Because mafia's wincon would motivate them to hunt third party, and town's wincon would DEmotivate them to hunt third party, sens and VP's desire to lynch third party is much more likely to have a mafia motivation than I thought before. Hence the vote and FoS.
hatersgonnahate.gif
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:04 am

Post by DTMaster »

@Cobalt
1. Aw... oh well you can still confirm yourself by giving posts. But you are burning through them really fast, which I notice would defeat the purpose of your A-Ability.

2. You used your fake claim to get mafia flavour? :S That's a really unorthodox way to use it, but clever. But I don't see how that changes anything about the mafia win condition. They still want to control town, whether or not 3rd parties are hinted in their win con seems irrelevant.

@KMD
He ability claimed and you don't want to test this? Cobalt soft claimed almost full claimed PR as Miciah with fake claims and the power to give out posts to people. The ability to give the town posts work both as a way to confirm his alignment and give the correct people more discussion power. The town needs all the posts it can get. If Colbalt's claim is true then he's prime target for scum NK to stop him from sacrificing his posts to another townie.

Since you posted after my intial outline of PR confirmation, it is disturbing to me that you want to lynch him before testing.
FoS:KMD
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

kmd wrote:VP (78-80), why 3 posts in a row?
It was only 2 as per the rules, but I used two in a row because I had a lot to say. I had tried to condense it to one post, but I found that it lost a lot of what I was trying to explain by doing that. Don't forget that I set myself a limit of two posts per day so that I should be able to make it through to endgame if need be.

@Cobalt-How many fake claims do you have? Also, why would the mod give you a fake claim for the mafia? I have received fakeclaims from Vi before, and that isn't really how she does it as far as I know, nor do I think it is likely that she would allow you to have extra information like that. So, do explain further.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Cobalt »

VP, it was a Tarh-style ability set. I get a safelaim- that was Leonardo. I also get a one-shot falseclaim that causes Vi to make me a fake role PM with the name and role I specify. Read some tarh role PMs for examples of this ability set.
DTMaster wrote:2. You used your fake claim to get mafia flavour? :S That's a really unorthodox way to use it, but clever. But I don't see how that changes anything about the mafia win condition. They still want to control town, whether or not 3rd parties are hinted in their win con seems irrelevant.
It's not hinted, really- the wincon says to kill all other factions. But it does mean that in the case of a 3rd party, he's helping town and hindering mafia's wincons just by being alive. So it changes how you read motivations: a mafia member would want to lynch 3rd party but a town would not.

kmd, did you miss the last 3 pages or something? I fullclaimed a while ago.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

I didn’t comment on claiming post counts because frankly it wasn’t worth my time. I see no benefit or detriment to either position because I simply don’t see it coming into play.

I absolutely fail to see how DTMaster’s “plan” that can’t actually happen in anyway confirms Cobalt. I mean it confirms his ability, but it seems like an incredible leap to assume that it’s a pro-town ability.

Incidentally that KMD post is wrong-headed on about every point he addresses. He just completely cherry picks a bunch of pointless quotes and then agrees with Sens which is about the high point of inanity and insanity.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Vi »

After everything you've done for me, it's the least I could do. It was nice of you to hire me as a Royal Knight, but hiring my sponge-brained, spine-deprived brother might qualify you for sainthood!

Vote Count:

VP Baltar (L-3) ~ Debonair Danny DiPietro, Locke Lamora, Sotty7, Cobalt

a cold starry night (L-4) ~ VP Baltar, fuzzylightning, Goatrevolt
Sotty7 (L-6) ~ Juls

(6 days left)

a cold starry night - 8
Cobalt - 24
Debonair Danny DiPietro - 3
DTMaster - 6
fuzzylightning - 6
Goatrevolt - 11
Juls - 5
Kmd4390 - 6
Locke Lamora - 3
SensFan - 17
Sotty7 - 3
VP Baltar - 9
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:14 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Juls wrote:Two on the top of my list for scum are Sotty and DTMaster. DTMaster is admittedly mostly gut based on the way he words his post. By talking about Sotty I am running the risk of being accused of OMGUS but I don't really care. Two things strike me with Sotty. First, the way she is hopping around and piggybacking with an agressor mentality is reminiscent of when she was scum in our last Vi hosted game. Second, she is providing little in the way of personal analysis and is just piggybacking other thoughts.
I'm pretty sick right now. Yeah I know excuses but that's how the cookie crumbles. If I don't get better soon I will have to replace out because of the fast pace nature of the BaM ruleset, which makes me sad. Hopefully it won't come to that.

Also I am pretty sure I didn't do what you are accusing me off in Vi's ipod game. And you say I have been “hopping round” I have only voted two people. You have also voted for two people, does that mean you are also hopping around? Overcompensating to make me look worse? I think so.

ACSN: What the hell are you talking about in post 106?

Cobalt being able to get the mafia wincon gives me pause for thought. It could be an elaborate trick but the way he is being so open about... Well everything makes me want to trust him. For now at least.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:05 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Kmd4390 wrote:Cobalt/DDD/Fuzzy are scum. Consider this game broken by me. Let's lynch Cobalt first.
Kmd4390 wrote:I must have skimmed over the fullclaim. Could you quote it please?
You must think quite highly of your skills if you can "break" a game you haven't even bothered to read. Tsk, tsk, KMD...

Can we hear the reasons why those 3 are scum?
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:41 am

Post by Cobalt »

juls's vote was terrible. you fence-sit the whole game, hop on the me wagon, then vote sotty for votehopping while ALSO throwing suspicion at DTMaster? Anyone up for a juls wagon?
kmd, my claim was in my iso 16
hatersgonnahate.gif
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by SensFan »

Colbalt is still obvscum, especially since he is trying to use the fact the Scum wincon is apparently the same as any other game, but phrased differently, to mean that VP and I are likely Scum.
Cobalt is the most obvscum person. I mean, now he's claiming he forced himself to claim this role he thinks clears him completely? That's the dumbest thing in the world if he's Town (even if he thinks its true, which is isn't; he's no more clear than anyone), but makes absolutely perfect sense if he's Scum that deluded himself into thinking he had a PM that 'cleared' him. It gives him a pretense to claim, and keeps him safe from Cops and Vigs, in his mind.

Lynchlynchlynch.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:44 pm

Post by Vi »

The nerve of that Duke Ludveck! He ruined my one chance to meet the queen. I won't stand for it! He needs a kick in the rear! Or a punch in the mouth! The things I'd do to him...

Vote Count:

VP Baltar (L-3) ~ Debonair Danny DiPietro, Locke Lamora, Sotty7, Cobalt

a cold starry night (L-4) ~ VP Baltar, fuzzylightning, Goatrevolt
Sotty7 (L-6) ~ Juls

(5 days left)

a cold starry night - 8
Cobalt - 25
Debonair Danny DiPietro - 3
DTMaster - 6
fuzzylightning - 6
Goatrevolt - 12
Juls - 5
Kmd4390 - 7
Locke Lamora - 3
SensFan - 18
Sotty7 - 4
VP Baltar - 9

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”