Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:16 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Torqez wrote:Holy crap! 4 votes (L-3) and another one saying he'd prefer to lynch me?... That's almost an L-2 way too early. :shock:
Why is it too early? Do you really think someone is going to swoop in and quicklynch you? Why are you panicking at an L-3?
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:56 am

Post by nhammen »

Vote CountTorqez (4): el simo, muh316, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Josh Lyman
muh316 (2): Wulfy, julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe (1): PaltryExcuse
eleven knives in a throat (1): Scott Brosius
Debonair Danny DiPietro (1): Sweep
Josh Lyman (1): eleven knives in a throat
Chinaman (1): Torqez
Not voting
(1): Chinaman

with 12 players remaining, it takes 7 to lynch
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:55 am

Post by muh316 »

BUt imagine this.
We get two people out of the story. Ten people remaining.
Then we get info from the cop.
8 people we know of. If cop is lucky then only one scum remanining and it will be easy enough to find the remaining one.

Or we can just play cop. everyone states that they are cop and says who they have investigates last night. There will be only one right answer and it will be beneficial to us.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:56 am

Post by muh316 »

SO
vote no lynch[/b[
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:57 am

Post by muh316 »

im bad at this bolding thing.
vote no lynch
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:29 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

Or we could talk things out a bit, make an educated decision, perhaps still be wrong, and then get information from the cop...because according to the rules, there may be sanity issues. So we could get inaccurate information from the cop.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:26 am

Post by muh316 »

PaltryExcuse wrote:Or we could talk things out a bit, make an educated decision, perhaps still be wrong, and then get information from the cop...because according to the rules, there may be sanity issues. So we could get inaccurate information from the cop.
Man why do i always forget that. Guess Im used to newbie games
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:33 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

We only get information by seeing who wants who lynched, etc. If we all blindly agree to lynch or nolynch without trying to scumhunt, we get no information, which only benefits scum.
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:09 pm

Post by Chinaman »

Torqez wrote:
Chinaman wrote: As far as getting this game going, I could go for a no lynch or a lynching of Torqez. Doesn't matter to me much either way. If Torqez is town, chances are that we would lynch a townie D1 anyway, if he's scum, then all the better. If we no-lynch and scum don't get lucky and kill the Cop if there is one, then we have more info for D2.
Very nice. On the one hand you say you could go for a no lynch. Yet on the other hand, you agree with DDD that I should be lynched for agreeing to the same thing you said you'd agree to inherently, since a townie could be lynched anyway. I like the logic.
Chinaman wrote: On the other hand, I will say this reasoning given by Josh for lynching Torqez sucks ballsack. "Three posts, no content." It's page 2 man, your posts aren't exactly the epitome of quality and content. I'm not blaming you for that as it's page 2, but to call someone else out on it is pretty contradictory. What say you sir?!
But wait, there's more! You say Josh is being contradictory, but yet again, you say you don't like his reasoning and then don't say anything about DDDs lame reason either? How's that for contradictory?

Unvote. Vote: Chinaman
Well, first off, let me go on the record for saying I hate D1 as it's usually a cluster-f***. That being said, I don't agree with or disagree with Triple-D. You said you were bored with the game, so either you come back and explain, like you did, or you really didn't care I and wouldn't care about losing you. Notice though, I did not vote you as I wanted to see your response.

I explained why I didn't mention Triple-D's reasoning. When I read his statement, it struck more as "if you don't care, then goodbye" rather than actually trying to come up with something that could be construed as scummy. JL's post on the other hand, did strike me that way. It wasn't that he didn't care one way or the other, but more so that he was trying to justify his vote on you which is why I called it out. Speaking of which, I would like you to respond when you return JL.

JVW wrote:1. Has there been discussion of a no-lynch in any other games you've played on this site?

2. What benefit to the town is there of lynching a hypothetically-townie Torqez if we just blindly lynch him? Or of lynching a hypothetically-scum Torqez, for that matter?
1. No, not really.

2. None really, unless he was going to be a burden to town because he is "bored with MS" right now. He came back and was actively participatory, so I don't believe that is anymore the case right now. I don't mind getting rid of dead weight. If dead weight continues to be dead weight, it gives scum a nice chance to mislynch them later when they are closer to winning. Same reason I don't mind policy lynches on active or non-active lurkers early on. They don't contribute so they don't help town. They are an easy target for scum to go after as they hardly defend themselves. Plus, sometimes you get lucky as they are trying to hide in the shadows and we lynch scum by lynching lurkers. Anyway, hope that answered your questions.
Show
So...are you for good, or for AWESOME!?

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:24 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

As to this recent discussion I shouldn't have to point out that there's no guarantee that we have a cop and that no lynching is almost always the wrong decision based on statistics let alone the information lynch provides.
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Torqez »

So hard to read in italics :?
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by muh316 »

here you go

New postPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:09 pm Post subject: 58 Reply with quote
Torqez wrote:
Chinaman wrote:

As far as getting this game going, I could go for a no lynch or a lynching of Torqez. Doesn't matter to me much either way. If Torqez is town, chances are that we would lynch a townie D1 anyway, if he's scum, then all the better. If we no-lynch and scum don't get lucky and kill the Cop if there is one, then we have more info for D2.

Very nice. On the one hand you say you could go for a no lynch. Yet on the other hand, you agree with DDD that I should be lynched for agreeing to the same thing you said you'd agree to inherently, since a townie could be lynched anyway. I like the logic.

Chinaman wrote:

On the other hand, I will say this reasoning given by Josh for lynching Torqez sucks ballsack. "Three posts, no content." It's page 2 man, your posts aren't exactly the epitome of quality and content. I'm not blaming you for that as it's page 2, but to call someone else out on it is pretty contradictory. What say you sir?!

But wait, there's more! You say Josh is being contradictory, but yet again, you say you don't like his reasoning and then don't say anything about DDDs lame reason either? How's that for contradictory?

Unvote. Vote: Chinaman

Well, first off, let me go on the record for saying I hate D1 as it's usually a cluster-f***. That being said, I don't agree with or disagree with Triple-D. You said you were bored with the game, so either you come back and explain, like you did, or you really didn't care I and wouldn't care about losing you. Notice though, I did not vote you as I wanted to see your response.

I explained why I didn't mention Triple-D's reasoning. When I read his statement, it struck more as "if you don't care, then goodbye" rather than actually trying to come up with something that could be construed as scummy. JL's post on the other hand, did strike me that way. It wasn't that he didn't care one way or the other, but more so that he was trying to justify his vote on you which is why I called it out. Speaking of which, I would like you to respond when you return JL.

JVW wrote:
1. Has there been discussion of a no-lynch in any other games you've played on this site?

2. What benefit to the town is there of lynching a hypothetically-townie Torqez if we just blindly lynch him? Or of lynching a hypothetically-scum Torqez, for that matter?

1. No, not really.

2. None really, unless he was going to be a burden to town because he is "bored with MS" right now. He came back and was actively participatory, so I don't believe that is anymore the case right now. I don't mind getting rid of dead weight. If dead weight continues to be dead weight, it gives scum a nice chance to mislynch them later when they are closer to winning. Same reason I don't mind policy lynches on active or non-active lurkers early on. They don't contribute so they don't help town. They are an easy target for scum to go after as they hardly defend themselves. Plus, sometimes you get lucky as they are trying to hide in the shadows and we lynch scum by lynching lurkers. Anyway, hope that answered your questions.
Torqez
Torqez
Goon
Torqez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:13 pm

Post by Torqez »

lol, didn't say I didn't read it :?

I said it was hard to read :?
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:41 pm

Post by Wulfy »

muh316 wrote:BUt imagine this.
We get two people out of the story. Ten people remaining.
Then we get info from the cop.
8 people we know of. If cop is lucky then only one scum remanining and it will be easy enough to find the remaining one.

Or we can just play cop. everyone states that they are cop and says who they have investigates last night. There will be only one right answer and it will be beneficial to us.
Bad idea.
PaltryExcuse wrote:Or we could talk things out a bit, make an educated decision, perhaps still be wrong, and then get information from the cop...because according to the rules, there may be sanity issues. So we could get inaccurate information from the cop.
Good idea.
muh316 wrote:
Man why do i always forget that. Guess Im used to newbie games
Newbie games are bad due to following the cop ideas. Most games punish that, so just learn that is an absolutely awful idea.
w:l:d
2:3:0
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:31 pm

With the game stagnating this is where I'd usually just jump on the largest bandwagon, except I'm already there. Can we stop this stupid no lynch discussion and get back to lynching Torqez?
Sweep
Sweep
Goon
Sweep
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:24 pm

Post by Sweep »

I have to agree that a no lynch is not the way forward. Considering that there might not be a cop or another investigatory role it may seem fruitless.

I DDD's arguement to lynch Torqez is very weak and only consists of the fact that he did not post content on the first three posts.

I think that DDD is the most likely to be scum at this stage, So far he has been trying to get Torqes lynched but with no reasoning as stated above.

vote: Debonair Danny DiPietro
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:15 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Sweep, do you consider that trying to get somebody lynched with little-to-no evidence is something that most scum would do?

I know this is WIFOM, but it seems to go against the classic scum psychology of 'not wanting to stick your neck out'.
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:40 pm

Post by julienvonwolfe »

And Wulfy, following the cop in newbie games? 50% of newbie games don't even have a cop, of course.
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:35 pm

Post by PaltryExcuse »

On the same token JVW, even if it is a small lead at this point, you can't really blame Sweep for looking at DDD. I doubt DDD is fully advocating a lynch at this point, but if taken literally it can be read that way.

Stalling exploration are you?
julienvonwolfe
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
julienvonwolfe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:40 am

Post by julienvonwolfe »

Not at all. I had considered that Sweep might be scum looking for an easy target.
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:00 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Scott Brosius wrote:
Torqez wrote:Holy crap! 4 votes (L-3) and another one saying he'd prefer to lynch me?... That's almost an L-2 way too early. :shock:
Why is it too early? Do you really think someone is going to swoop in and quicklynch you? Why are you panicking at an L-3?
Are you planning to answer this Torquez?

Also a no-lynch based on a potential investigatory role when we are not in an open setup is bad.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
Wulfy
Wulfy
Goon
Wulfy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:11 am

Post by Wulfy »

julienvonwolfe wrote:And Wulfy, following the cop in newbie games? 50% of newbie games don't even have a cop, of course.
Some novices still come out doing it, as shown above by muh's reasoning for his horrid suggestion.
Scott Brosius wrote:
Scott Brosius wrote:
Are you planning to answer this Torquez?

Also a no-lynch based on a potential investigatory role when we are not in an open setup is bad.
Do you consider nolynch to be a good move in guaranteed cop scenarios?

@wolfe: What if DDD is mafia, how does that affect your thoughts?
w:l:d
2:3:0
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:08 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

It's not as bad, but I still would not support it.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
PaltryExcuse
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
PaltryExcuse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:11 am

Post by PaltryExcuse »

julienvonwolfe wrote:Not at all. I had considered that Sweep might be scum looking for an easy target.
All well and good, but it could be said the same of you.
Someone calls DDD out, on perhaps deliberately scummy behaviour, and then pressure builds on the guy who took the 'easy target'. Really, your assumption of this is based on DDD joking. Who's really the easier target? The joker, or the one who takes his joke seriously? Hard to tell from my point of view.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:34 am

PaltryExcuse wrote:I doubt DDD is fully advocating a lynch at this point, but if taken literally it can be read that way.
Nope, fully advocating it, let's kill Torquez here and now.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”