Newbie 873 - Game Over.

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:18 am

Post by CSL »

dimaba, if we quicklynch, the people who voted foilest will all be very suspicious if he is town. And information is a gift for townies, there was a game where they quicklynched one scum, and the scum won that game, so even if he is scum, we have to wait, and throw out questions that relate to something that someone posted, which is why I FoS'd everyone on that wagon, because they are hesitant to lynch.

But before this game goes further,
anyone, and I mean
ANYONE
, who votes for a no lynch will earn my vote. Lynches are
ALWAYS
better than no lynches, because if we lynch someone, we get information. If we quicklynch, the person who hammervoted will be the top of the suspicious list. I will
NEVER
vote for a no lynch.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by McGriddle »

CSL sounds a little too suspicious to me. I've got my eye on you...
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:31 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

Currently, I'm finding a lot of people on the Foilist wagon suspicious, ironicly, not its starter. Michel, the only real tell I see in your post against foilist is the late confirm but most of the time, that's just RL. The foilist wagon(including dimaba) has grown far too fast for town comfort. Dimaba seems to be following the SE's/IC, even though foilist
is
an SE. Crimmy and McGriddle don't really have any excuse or justification as they present no reason whatsoever for their votes. Again, reason and information are the key components for us to win. By 'voting random' dimaba, I beleive he meant something along the lines of rolling a die or a machine random choice. Joke votes, what both McGriddle and Foilist have done, don't really fall into that category. As far as I can tell, the only thing foilist needs to explain is his late confirmation. As for my own conclusions, everyone on the foilist wagon except its creator is acting anti-town, but not quite scummy.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
Jackabomb
Jackabomb
Goon
Jackabomb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by Jackabomb »

EBWOP: McGriddle, start giving reasons for your accusations.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

If this has even so much as piqued your interest or you'd like to talk, please send me a PM. Even if it's to disagree, insult me, or just to say you're sick of reading the verse, I'm glad to listen.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by McGriddle »

Accusation on CSL, I understand he is trying to help us, but it makes it seem like he is trying to persuade us to appreciate his knowledge on the subject.

Accusation on Foilist, same, only a little bit more suspicious to me. I enjoy the quick vote. It's a good way to get some responses.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:57 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Oh my. Ok, for the SE claim, I am an SE, shockingly enough, and I like to feel important.

Late confirm, well I don't have a great answer for that. I was late, my bad.

vote:Crimmy
for being opportunistic scum and trying to get me quick lynched. I think that's a much better tell than my late confirm, and I'm not about to vote myself.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by McGriddle »

Unvote foilist13

Slowing down to analyze all possible candidates.[/b]
Crimmy
Crimmy
Goon
Crimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:15 pm

Post by Crimmy »

Unvote: Foilist 13

Yeah, you're right.
I'm used to fast paced weird Werewolf games, but this is new to me...
~ With the clicking came the Ticking
Of the site that was no more.
Quoth the server: 404. ~
Crimmy
Crimmy
Goon
Crimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by Crimmy »

EBWOP: What is SE?
I seem to have missed that while reading.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by foilist13 »

SE stands for "Semi-Experienced." It's a lower level of IC which stands for "Inexperience Challenged."

On an unrelated note, where in God's name did you get that avatar?
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:39 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Something else of importance, the deadline is in 20 days. There is absolutely no reason to lynch someone, at the absolute least until next week. I like absolutes.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:43 pm

Post by CSL »

Sure, RVS is over, but my vote is not going anywhere until Crimmy changes his avatar. It's going to give me nightmares!
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:07 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Idk, yours is pretty creepy as well.

Crimmy and McGriddle, you both made it to top 1 and 2 on my scum list. You jumped on an easy bandwagon (which is understandable in the RVS) and hopped off just as fast as soon as someone said it was scummy. Feels like nervous scum to me, so I will leave my vote right where it is for now.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:39 pm

Post by Zorblag »

Vote Count 1.1

The numbers by the voters indicate the order in which the vote was cast. If two or more players are tied for the most votes to lynch at the deadline the tiebreaker will be the player who has the earliest active vote.

Crimmy: 1: CSL (6), foilist13 (7)
foilist13: 1: MichelSableheart (2)

Not Voting: brother, cades, Crimmy, dimaba, Jackabomb, McGriddle

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Currently Crimmy would be lynched at deadline. Deadline is 11:00 PM EST/8:00 PM PST on Sunday, December 20th.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:12 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Crimmy has two, and are the numbers nest to the voters' names the post number?
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:20 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Wow, a lot to comment on for a day of posting.

The first thing I should note is that voting arbitrary is far more common on this site then I would like. It is generally done in order to get the game going. Foilist' original vote is very likely to be done by town, and therefore not a scumtell. As Jackabomb said, rolling a die or using a random number generator would be completely unacceptable to me.

---

That being said, McGriddle and Crimmy bandwagoning to L-1 strikes me as far more suspicious then foilist' original late confirm. As I said, little information is available early in the game, but quite a bit of information can be gained simply looking at the behaviour of other players.

Crimmy as the L-1 vote has been put under a bit of pressure already, but I don't want to ignore the L-2.

Unvote

Vote: McGriddle

McGriddle, what is your opinion on Crimmy's vote for foilist?

---

@CSL: the RVS can never end too quick in my opinion. Far more info becomes available from serious discussion, so you should start serious discussion as soon as possible.

---
CSL wrote:But before this game goes further, anyone, and I mean ANYONE, who votes for a no lynch will earn my vote. Lynches are ALWAYS better than no lynches, because if we lynch someone, we get information. If we quicklynch, the person who hammervoted will be the top of the suspicious list. I will NEVER vote for a no lynch.
Day 1, I completely agree with you. However, there are situations
late
in the game where a no lynch may be the right play. A 4 man Mylo (mislynch means you lose) with no confirmed innocents comes to mind.

---
foilist wrote:are the numbers nest to the voters' names the post number?
I think they are the vote number. You made the first vote, so your vote for me would get number 1. My vote was the second, and gets number 2. Which is why your vote for Crimmy gets number 7.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
dimaba
dimaba
Townie
dimaba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:33 pm

Post by dimaba »

Jackabomb wrote:Michel, the only real tell I see in your post against foilist is the late confirm but most of the time, that's just RL. The foilist wagon(including dimaba) has grown far too fast for town comfort. Dimaba seems to be following the SE's/IC, even though foilist
is
an SE.
On the late confirm: as I've said before, foilist posted numerous times in other threads in the two days it took him to confirm. Those posts were far more complicated than a simple confirmation, so I'm not convinced that RL made a confirmation impossible. Foilist's explanation in post 30 doesn't do much to change that.

Then again, it seems a few more candidates (Crimmy and McGriddle) have popped up. My eye isn't completely off Foilist yet but he's not first on the list anymore.

As for me following the SE's/IC: well yes I do think I'm following them. Perhaps a bit too much, I don't know. I started this game with only a basic understanding of what's smart and what isn't and each time new information on what usually works pops up and it makes sense to me, it's likely to change something in how I play. That doesn't mean they are above suspicion. If foilist had given me a list of tips, his late confirmation still would've been suspicious. But I'm assuming that even if one of them is scum, they can't/won't use their position to feed us false information on what is a common strategy and what isn't. As the game goes on I will start to rely more on my own suspicions and tactics.

Now to my new main candidates:

Crimmy has taken a few votes so far and I agree that he's a suspicious guy, but I'd like to bring a bit more attention to McGriddle.

First of all, although he wasn't the one to put foilist at L-1, he wasn't far off. His and Crimmy's votes were only an hour apart. And like Crimmy, he jumped on the wagon without adding his own opinions on which parts of foilist's behaviour he did and didn't find suspicious.

Second, once CSL suggested that a quick lynch would not be to our advantage (something it seems most of us agree with) he found CSL to be 'suspicious', again without explanation.

Now I'll accept that he's just as new as I am and therefore probably knows as little about tactics as I do, but then he would've had to admit his wrongs when it became clear that CSL's comments on quick lynching were generally accepted as true.
McGriddle wrote:Accusation on CSL, I understand he is trying to help us, but it makes it seem like he is trying to persuade us to appreciate his knowledge on the subject.
So his justification is that CSL is trying to look experienced? As I said when foilist was accused of this, it's hardly a reason for suspicion even if it is true. After all, he IS more experienced that we are and if (as McGriddle recognises) he is trying to help us I see no reason not to be happy with that.

Then he unvotes foilist who he still called suspicious less than an hour earlier, again with only a vague oneliner as explanation.

All that just to say that while Crimmy takes more votes, I think McGriddle is close to being just as suspicious.
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:23 am

Post by McGriddle »

Well, easy explanation for this. When you are friends with people on this game you are less likely to lynch and more likely to find excuses as to why not we should lynch. All I said was I am suspicious. I did not vote CSL, I am just watching him. I unvoted foilist with the hopes that the voting would slow down and we can have discussions over time that will result in a vote, rather than a first post. I admit I probably shouldn't have voted so soon, but I unvoted to get a fresh start at this and to give everyone a chance. My focus is slightly lifted off of CSL and foilist. I honestly don't have any ideas as to who could be scum.

As for Crimmys vote, I don't believe for 1 second that it was a Random Vote, but I don't know if I can recognize that as a scummy thing to do, or a newbie way to get someone lynched to narrow down possibilities.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

Crimmy
Crimmy
Goon
Crimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:18 am

Post by Crimmy »

SE = Semi Experienced.
Okay, noted.

Well, seems I'm getting lynched, unless somebody changes his/her mind.

And that avatar came from Deviantart.
I shall try my Order of the Stick avatars.
dimaba
dimaba
Townie
dimaba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:37 am

Post by dimaba »

McGriddle wrote:Well, easy explanation for this. When you are friends with people on this game you are less likely to lynch and more likely to find excuses as to why not we should lynch. All I said was I am suspicious. I did not vote CSL, I am just watching him. I unvoted foilist with the hopes that the voting would slow down and we can have discussions over time that will result in a vote, rather than a first post. I admit I probably shouldn't have voted so soon, but I unvoted to get a fresh start at this and to give everyone a chance. My focus is slightly lifted off of CSL and foilist. I honestly don't have any ideas as to who could be scum.

As for Crimmys vote, I don't believe for 1 second that it was a Random Vote, but I don't know if I can recognize that as a scummy thing to do, or a newbie way to get someone lynched to narrow down possibilities.

Who's friends with who exactly? I don't quite get that part. Actually, I don't quite get most of it. It doesn't seem like you've explained yourself a whole lot more than you did with those oneliners before. I'm still suspicious of you.

As for Crimmy's vote, I'll agree that it probably wasn't random. Hardly a new insight though.

@Crimmy: well rather than wait for somebody to change his/her mind, why not try to change their minds yourself? I'm assuming you don't want to get lynched... Try to convince us of your innocence
McGriddle
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
McGriddle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:46 am

Post by McGriddle »

Well forgive me dimaba, but that's the best i can explain. If you don't get it that's your fault.
Wins/Losses - 99/15

dimaba
dimaba
Townie
dimaba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:04 am

Post by dimaba »

Well you could at the very least explain who you were referring to with that remark about friends being less likely to lynch eachother...

At a stretch I could accept that you're not able to explain any further, but it's a very simple question I asked and you didn't answer it. It's very possible that it's my fault that I don't get it, but would it hurt you to help me figure it out?

vote: McGriddle
for the reasons I gave in post 41 and for being uncooperative
dimaba
dimaba
Townie
dimaba
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:08 am

Post by dimaba »

EBWOP: In the sentence "At a stretch I could accept that you're not able to explain any further, but it's a very simple question I asked and you didn't answer it.", not being to explain any further applies to the reasons for your voting behaviour and by the 'simple question' I mean my question about the 'friends etc.'. I just re-read my post and noticed it was a little vague.

p.s. remind me to start previewing my posts...
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:40 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

Grimmy, you have to realize something. It is highly unlikely that you will be lynched very soon. Game days on mafiascum usually last 3 weeks, and they regulary go to deadline. During that time, a lot of things get discussed. If you are able to give a good explanation for your behaviour, you can usually avoid being lynched.

You have been accused of trying to set up a quicklynch of foilist. What was your reasoning when you voted him? What were you trying to accomplish? Did you realize your vote would put him at L-1?
There is no 'a' in Michel.
cades
cades
Townie
cades
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:59 am

Post by cades »

vote: Jackabomb

and, have you come to realize no matter what anyone says, if it doesn't agree with what you say then they are suspicious?

no matter what I say someone would think I was lying, but I have my reasons for the vote, seems as if it would be better to stay quiet cause you didn't say anyone who didn't post was odd, so how do you not know that everyone talking is a townie like myself I must add.

most people who voted for folist or whoever early where just going with the flow, but jack was hard at it that he wasn't mafia and that no one should vote him, everyone unvoted, and he is silent once again.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”